• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 4 Quick gameplay questions

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
I am in the dungeon with Novistadors, chapter 3-2.

I have tried the Mine Thrower (bought it without saving), and it's hell of a fun weapon. But it needs the scope in order to be really useable, and this takes 4 extra valuable spaces.
But I don't know how cost effective (cheap in pesetas, but it takes up much "expensive" space) the Mine Thrower is as a weapon.
I've just fooled around a little with it. I don't know if it's any good against bosses.

I use the TMP solely to combat bosses, and maybe it's far better than the Mine Thrower for this task?

I heard that you only need to kill one of the two giants, but I want to do them both, and get both rewards. Maybe the Mine Thrower would not be good for this fight.

I know that I'll find a Broken Butterfly somewhere in the castle, I'll make room in the suitcase for that baby.

L

Lurker
Mine thrower is the cheapest in the game... other then the original handgun. the scope is only 4000 and 4 valuabale spaces? Do herbs take that much space.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
rathit;42391 said:
Mine thrower is the cheapest in the game... other then the original handgun. the scope is only 4000 and 4 valuabale spaces? Do herbs take that much space.
Space?
I got a pistol, shotgun, semi auto rifle, TMP, ammo, 10 grenades, 5 herb mixtures. I do have enough free space for the Broken Butterfly and a little more ammo.

Space is much more valuable than money. I got 677000 pesetas but it can't buy me enough space. Every time I meet a merchant I have to sell lots of stuff because I've got more than I can carry.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Yes but no money in the world can buy it until I get to the point where it is offered.

I think the conclusion is that the TMP is a better weapon than the Mine Thrower. And it's a bit smaller too, it works well without the add-on.

D

Deleted member 1428

Umm the XL case is the best case you can get. I honestly don't know when you can get it.

Sorry if I'm interupting but I have some questions too. How can you get unlimited ammo and the Chicago Typewriter thing?

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Nemises;42423 said:
Umm the XL case is the best case you can get. I honestly don't know when you can get it.

Sorry if I'm interupting but I have some questions too. How can you get unlimited ammo and the Chicago Typewriter thing?
You are not interrupting. :)

I understand that the Chicago Typewriter is unlocked after beating the game, or one of the side missions. It has unlimited ammo. You can buy it for 1 million pesetas.

I think two other unlockable weapons has unlimited ammo also.

D

Deleted member 1428

Thanks. The other unlimited ammo one is the infininte launcher which I can buy but it costs one million pesetas.

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
if you want the infinite ammo weapons, best option is to play through, maybe twice, and by that point you should have enough money saved, to be able to sell your weapons as well to afford the inifi ones.
thats what i did.
once you have the chicago typewriter, you don't need anything else lol

Levan

Polkka. lol
I always keep a spare handgun or shotgun at hand when I get the CTW. The game gets kind of boring to play through if you keep using it. x_x

BTW...

If you can, don't use the rocket launcher

at the end when you fight Saddler.

After you beat the game you can sell it for 30,000 pesetas, or you can use it to finish the game early once you get to the end of the game again.

Levan

Polkka. lol
Well, it depends really if you're having a hard time with him. But it's okay to use it anyway, there's not really much of a problem.

mastermind

nah i always used the rocket launcher on saddler at the end of the game

you can get the chicago typewriter after you beat assignment ada for the gamecube and after you beat one or the other of the ada missions on the
ps2

but once you get the chicago typwriter then you really "dont" need anything else but it is always nice to use different weapons every once in a whil

Top Bottom