• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 Project Alice might appear in RE6?

zeroskaterz92

i hate it when a movie stated "it's an adaptation/based on the games/manga", etc.
these kind of movies always ruin it, like The King of Fighters and Dragon Ball: Evolution. they ruining the image of the successful media from Japan.
the only thing that i see the closest adaptation from the game was Silent Hill, even though it's not the exact same main character (in the game it should be Harry Mason/Christopher Da Silva but in the movie, it was his wife) but the story driven were quite similar, also added few popular creatures like Pyramid Head, etc.

The_Green_King

if they added her in the game its all over. personally i blame REs shift from survival to action on the ****ty movies. if it werent for some of the characters/monsters youd be forgiven for mistaking the films for something other than RE.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
i hate it when a movie stated "it's an adaptation/based on the games/manga", etc.
these kind of movies always ruin it, like The King of Fighters and Dragon Ball: Evolution. they ruining the image of the successful media from Japan.
the only thing that i see the closest adaptation from the game was Silent Hill, even though it's not the exact same main character (in the game it should be Harry Mason/Christopher Da Silva but in the movie, it was his wife) but the story driven were quite similar, also added few popular creatures like Pyramid Head, etc.
How, it's a completely different cannon? It doesn't ruin it...We who are used to the alternative just see it as two different...

hangar40

No! please capcom do not let it happen! Resident Evil live action movies are the worse of the worse. That movies are an embarrassment to the videogame, using pretty bad ass characters like jill and chris and putting them on second place? No sir.
And also I've always hated the Alice character.

tharsheblows

Addicted to RE Mercenaries
I wouldn't mind her as an extra character for mercenaries, the more the better. It's also extremely funny how those who responded with so much anger about said rumor will still buy the game day 1 yet they post that "they will not deal with capcom anymore" if said rumor is true. WELCOME TO TEH INTERNETZ.

Jgraeme1979

What we really need is for Capcom to say enough is enough, and to stop the franchise after the film that will be out later in the year, wait a couple of years, and then start again, keep the films relative to the actual games, no clones of characters never seen in the game before, no characters appearing then disappearing then reappearing between films withpout explanation.

Considering the way the story pans out you could have

Resident Evil
(Based around the investigation and escape from the Spencer Mansion in the first game leading upto the outbreak in Racoon City)

Resident Evil 2 / Resident Evil 3
(Combining and telling the story of Claire and Leon (as played in RE2), and also including the escape of Jill (RE3: Nemesis) they could include some way to bind the stories together using RE: Racoon City game to tie the games together allowing them to split it over 2 films to fit the story in)

Resident Evil 4:
Maybe follow Claire in RE: CVX and Leon in RE:4 combine the stories

Resident Evil 5:
RE5 (with better story telling than the game)

Resident Evil 6:
RE 6

That would be six films, all based on the game, all if scripted and written properly that would excite not bore fans of the series, would probably bring in more money than the current series because they are actually truer to the game's setting and story.

sbr999

What we really need is for Capcom to say enough is enough, and to stop the franchise after the film that will be out later in the year, wait a couple of years, and then start again, keep the films relative to the actual games, no clones of characters never seen in the game before, no characters appearing then disappearing then reappearing between films withpout explanation.

Well Paul WS Anderson is using the 'Resident Evil' name to bring his 'strong-wife-with-big-guns-and-knives fetish' to big screen (whether fans of the movies accept that or not, it's true. Just look at his 3 musketeers movie)
I bet most of the fans wouldn't even look the direction of these movies, if they didn't have the Resident Evil name on them.

As for the movie remake, I don't think it's possible at the moment, since -unfortunately- the Anderson series is still running.
But it's a huge mystery to me, that Capcom gave the rights to him, instead of -let's say- Zack Snyder, or as a matter of fact any other director who makes better films than a college under-graduate. lol

If they EVER going to remakethe movies, I really hope, they will be based on the games/ or the novels (Trent FTW), and on some personal fetish theme -.-"

And as for Alice.......like this song says

The_Green_King

Well Paul WS Anderson is using the 'Resident Evil' name to bring his 'strong-wife-with-big-guns-and-knives fetish' to big screen (whether fans of the movies accept that or not, it's true. Just look at his 3 musketeers movie)
I bet most of the fans wouldn't even look the direction of these movies, if they didn't have the Resident Evil name on them.

i havent seen the 3 musketeers, but the second i saw millia with a gun in the trailer i though of the RE movies haha. and i didnt even know paul anderson directed it lol.

zeroskaterz92

How, it's a completely different cannon? It doesn't ruin it...We who are used to the alternative just see it as two different...
for something like The Amazing Spider-Man and Ultimate Spider-Man being totally two different universe, at least it's still have it's main core, only tweaks few things.

but for something like Resident Evil (Hollywood Movies) and Resident Evil (Game) that are nothing alike. it's just ruin from the story telling to the character development.

everyone has their own interest of something, for example, if they watched the Sam Raimi's Spider-Man trilogy, and they like it. some of them might just stop there with the trilogy but others try to look out for other Spider-Man stuff, when they started to read the comics, they know that the trilogy were completely different and messed up the lore. they like the comic better.
same thing for Resident Evil, not everyone like to play the games, probably when they see the movie, they try to play the game, and they notice how different it is, they know which one are better.

Resident Evil started off from video game, so the v'games fans know which is good, which is bad. if they say it's bad, then it's bad. this is just a classic case of the General Audience vs the Informed Audience, The fans. If a fan of an adaptation says that a movie is more accurate to the original source material, the General Audience have no valid argument of why it is not.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
for something like The Amazing Spider-Man and Ultimate Spider-Man being totally two different universe, at least it's still have it's main core, only tweaks few things.

but for something like Resident Evil (Hollywood Movies) and Resident Evil (Game) that are nothing alike. it's just ruin from the story telling to the character development.

everyone has their own interest of something, for example, if they watched the Sam Raimi's Spider-Man trilogy, and they like it. some of them might just stop there with the trilogy but others try to look out for other Spider-Man stuff, when they started to read the comics, they know that the trilogy were completely different and messed up the lore. they like the comic better.
same thing for Resident Evil, not everyone like to play the games, probably when they see the movie, they try to play the game, and they notice how different it is, they know which one are better.

Resident Evil started off from video game, so the v'games fans know which is good, which is bad. if they say it's bad, then it's bad. this is just a classic case of the General Audience vs the Informed Audience, The fans. If a fan of an adaptation says that a movie is more accurate to the original source material, the General Audience have no valid argument of why it is not.
But to me these people are ignorant then...There isn't just ONE cannon or ONE true story...Different people will have their own opinions on what the story is/should be about...I mean...If it ruins it for you then it's jus because you're stubborn and set in your ways and can't realize that it's ok for others to have ideas about how something should be created or turn out that differ from yours...As a die-hard Spider-Man fan, I LOVED he movies, granted, thought Toby Maguire did a poor Peter Parker, but that doesn't stop me from really being able to appriciate the movies in the loads of other things that we very well exicuted...For example, Topher Grace as Eddie Brock...VERY odd move because in the comics Eddie Brock was a big ripped dude with anger issues...In the movies, he was just a small little weasle...And even though it was different, it was very well done...
RE is no different...You should be able to appreicate it because even if you don't like it, you have to give it props for what it does right...And the movie franchise does PLENTY right...It just also screws up a bunch...But since it's BASED off the games, and not an exact replica of them...I'd say they do a good job...Just like when a movie is BASED on a true story...All that's really the same is the VERY loose plot, and the characters names...

The_Green_King

But to me these people are ignorant then...There isn't just ONE cannon or ONE true story...Different people will have their own opinions on what the story is/should be about...I mean...If it ruins it for you then it's jus because you're stubborn and set in your ways and can't realize that it's ok for others to have ideas about how something should be created or turn out that differ from yours...As a die-hard Spider-Man fan, I LOVED he movies, granted, thought Toby Maguire did a poor Peter Parker, but that doesn't stop me from really being able to appriciate the movies in the loads of other things that we very well exicuted...For example, Topher Grace as Eddie Brock...VERY odd move because in the comics Eddie Brock was a big ripped dude with anger issues...In the movies, he was just a small little weasle...And even though it was different, it was very well done...
RE is no different...You should be able to appreicate it because even if you don't like it, you have to give it props for what it does right...And the movie franchise does PLENTY right...It just also screws up a bunch...But since it's BASED off the games, and not an exact replica of them...I'd say they do a good job...Just like when a movie is BASED on a true story...All that's really the same is the VERY loose plot, and the characters names...
i just know i hate the movies for their ****ty acting, goofy action scenes, and less than creative sets. i understand what youre saying though. for a game adaption they at least did a good job trying something different with the characters/monsters. i HATE when game adaptions use almost the same story in the movies as the games. why wouldnt i just play the game instead of watching a ****ty movie if the story is 90% the same?

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
i just know i hate the movies for their ****ty acting, goofy action scenes, and less than creative sets. i understand what youre saying though. for a game adaption they at least did a good job trying something different with the characters/monsters. i HATE when game adaptions use almost the same story in the movies as the games. why wouldnt i just play the game instead of watching a ****ty movie if the story is 90% the same?
And those reasons are GOOD reasons to hate the movie...As an actor, I can't stand a lot of the acting in the RE movies...But you're looking at it as a movie critic instead of a fan of the games...That's how it SHOULD be looked at...

zeroskaterz92

But you're looking at it as a movie critic instead of a fan of the games...That's how it SHOULD be looked at...
that is what i just said, this is just a classic case of the General Audience vs the Informed Audience (the fans). even from the view of General Audience, the RE movies are considered as C grade zombie film cuz there are so much more better zombie films than the RE's. even from the view of the Informed Audience, it's just bad considering how Anderson just making her wife as the center of the whole film, by replacing the main character's with her. it's like everything revolves around her.

if they want to make a movie that based on a game, comic, etc. at least do it properly, Gantz movie being one of the good adaptation, even though the ending wasn't really the same since the manga still continue during that time. even Space Battleship Yamato done a really good job for their long-time fans.
how do you really feel if you create something, and someone want to make a movie based on your idea, and the movie end up spitting on your own stuff. that's just how Akira Toriyama felt when 20th Century Fox did with DragonBall Evolution, he even barely said a word for that movie.

it's basically one of the reason why Kojima actually doesn't want his Metal Gear Solid being made into film adaptation. but the Hollywood is just willingly to pay to create the film. even up until now, Konami keeps delay and delay the film release, they just concern that the entire Metal Gear franchise could be seriously affected if a movie version performed poorly.

between comic, game and movie. movie have more solid stand point, basically cuz it's more to public/general audience, from old to young people can watch the movie, it's release all over the world. but for a game or comic, not everyone play the game or read the comic.

Aleck

Biohazard
I wouldn't mind if they did a spin off game akin to Dead Aim(Was that the one where you're on a ship?) and the Outbreak series with Alice as the protaganist. Better yet, they should just make games based on the movies.

I too, wouldn't want her in the main series, but only because i like for them to stay separate in that way. I don't mind the ocassional nod. Like for example, it would be cool to find random, secret files about a certain project Alice, maybe even a photo or two. She shouldn't be a playable character in the main series, but a hint of her existence as a nod to the movies, why not? ;)

The_Green_King

it's basically one of the reason why Kojima actually doesn't want his Metal Gear Solid being made into film adaptation. but the Hollywood is just willingly to pay to create the film. even up until now, Konami keeps delay and delay the film release, they just concern that the entire Metal Gear franchise could be seriously affected if a movie version performed poorly.
they dont need to make a MGS movie cause the games are already like half movie/half game. thats why i like the series so much, kojima blends the action and story together perfectly. in fact i hope they NEVER make a movie based on MGS haha.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
that is what i just said, this is just a classic case of the General Audience vs the Informed Audience (the fans). even from the view of General Audience, the RE movies are considered as C grade zombie film cuz there are so much more better zombie films than the RE's. even from the view of the Informed Audience, it's just bad considering how Anderson just making her wife as the center of the whole film, by replacing the main character's with her. it's like everything revolves around her.

if they want to make a movie that based on a game, comic, etc. at least do it properly, Gantz movie being one of the good adaptation, even though the ending wasn't really the same since the manga still continue during that time. even Space Battleship Yamato done a really good job for their long-time fans.
how do you really feel if you create something, and someone want to make a movie based on your idea, and the movie end up spitting on your own stuff. that's just how Akira Toriyama felt when 20th Century Fox did with DragonBall Evolution, he even barely said a word for that movie.

between comic, game and movie. movie have more solid stand point, basically cuz it's more to public/general audience, from old to young people can watch the movie, it's release all over the world. but for a game or comic, not everyone play the game or read the comic.

But the fact that they WANT to make a movie...The fact that they love your idea so much that they feel the need to make a movie about it to show the world is anything BUT spitting on it...

sbr999

they dont need to make a MGS movie cause the games are already like half movie/half game. thats why i like the series so much, kojima blends the action and story together perfectly. in fact i hope they NEVER make a movie based on MGS haha.

Actually Anderson (aka 'RE' director) wanted to 'make' a MGS (and Castlevenia) movie as well. But Konami told him to
View attachment 387
That's what Capcom should have done by now.....

Top Bottom