• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 7 Possible halloween 2015 release

HELLBOY1980

sometimes dead is betta ..(Jud Crandall)
Maybe for the anniversary they will release a remaster for re2. That seems like the mostly anticipated game
I would prefer re3 or both in one
-this is the best idea of all time ! I just cant deal with it having the ps1 graphics if they do it it better look like the resident evil remake or better!!

wayne

-this is the best idea of all time ! I just cant deal with it having the ps1 graphics if they do it it better look like the resident evil remake or better!!
Same thats would be banging but theyd need to give jill her julia voth face and i dont think it would have ps1 graphics lol can you imagine the outrage from fans if they did and it would be pointless too might aswell just release the ps1 game on ps4 like they did with ps3

Turo602

The King of Kings
Maybe for the anniversary they will release a remaster for re2. That seems like the mostly anticipated game
I would prefer re3 or both in one

I feel like a remake of part 2 should be done on the anniversary of Resident Evil 2. It could serve as a way to hold off fans until Resident Evil 8 (Assuming RE7 releases next year) or as a way to draw fans back to the series if the response to Resident Evil 7 isn't so hot.

Denzil22

Premium
Would kind of like the re2 remake to include: is well but it might be risky for them to do it that way some purists types might get bothered by it only wanting 2 alone and maybe 3 later on as for me I wou love it

berto

I Saw the Devil
RE6 was released in the same year as it was announced, 6 months after, actually. If that's what they're going for again then there should be an announcement soon... ish.

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
RE6 was released in the same year as it was announced, 6 months after, actually. If that's what they're going for again then there should be an announcement soon... ish.

I'd rather it not be released 6 months after the announcement, seeing as RE6 was rushed as all hell, among other problems.

berto

I Saw the Devil
I'd rather it not be released 6 months after the announcement, seeing as RE6 was rushed as all hell, among other problems.
Announcements are not indicative of production time. For all we know RE6 had been in development since RE5's premier. RE7 might also have been in the works since who knows when and Capcom is going through this economic low point which makes their decisions on how things are announced and how long it takes rather erratic. As long as they've dropped that stupid philosophy of quantity over quality I'm willing to believe.

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
Announcements are not indicative of production time. For all we know RE6 had been in development since RE5's premier. RE7 might also have been in the works since who knows when and Capcom is going through this economic low point which makes their decisions on how things are announced and how long it takes rather erratic. As long as they've dropped that stupid philosophy of quantity over quality I'm willing to believe.

I'm aware of that, but RE6 getting a trailer 6 months before it was released... I wasn't very surprised, shall we say.

RedPanda

4x the awesome
Didn't RE6 get a trailer in mid to late January and get released in early October? That's well over 6 months, it's like 8 and a half at least. As much as I'd love more RE, I don't see 7 getting released this year. But if it does get released next year it better be pretty darn amazing as it will be the 20th anniversary of RE.

berto

I Saw the Devil
I'm aware of that, but RE6 getting a trailer 6 months before it was released... I wasn't very surprised, shall we say.
Fair enough, but all of the games shortcomings are not based on things that were do to production quality but rather design choices. That game was most definitely not a production that took less than a year to produce. Yes, it was in fair need of polishing but I still wouldn't say it was a short production time. You'd need a pretty huge development team to pull that off.

N7Valentine

Jill Sandwich Lover Since 1996
I bet they wanted to release the game in 2015, but RE6 wasn't a commercial success, so I guess the idea was scrapped then.
But I personally believe they're checking out what we want for the next RE, that's why they released REmake Remastered and Revelations 2 first. That's what I am speculating anyways.

Maybe we'll get a new game this year who knows ..... So far we don't have any informations, do we?

Denzil22

Premium
I bet they wanted to release the game in 2015, but RE6 wasn't a commercial success, so I guess the idea was scrapped then.
But I personally believe they're checking out what we want for the next RE, that's why they released REmake Remastered and Revelations 2 first. That's what I am speculating anyways.

Maybe we'll get a new game this year who knows ..... So far we don't have any informations, do we?
Was it really not commercial success I kno it wasn't well liked and no as good as many of the others but I still though it sold well I wo like a new game this year to but if I had to gess I think it will be next year

N7Valentine

Was it really not commercial success I kno it wasn't well liked and no as good as many of the others but I still though it sold well I wo like a new game this year to but if I had to gess I think it will be next year
Well according to Capcom it wasn't that successful, only "to some degree", that's how they said it.

I also think it'll be come out next year, although I hope they'll release a RE2&3 remake, since next year is the 20th anniversary of RE and many fans demand one.

However, something tells me that Capcom is kinda scared to release a RE7, probably because fans will bash it no matter what.

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
Capcom predicted that RE6 would make 7 million sales, and it didn't reach anywhere near this target. It actually sold around 5 million copies.

I kind of hope that RE7 does come out next year because that means that they have more time to work on it. I didn't enjoy RE6 really, so I hope they spend more time working on RE7. It would be nice to have some kind of news about it, however, since we've not really had very much.

N7Valentine

Capcom predicted that RE6 would make 7 million sales, and it didn't reach anywhere near this target. It actually sold around 5 million copies.

I kind of hope that RE7 does come out next year because that means that they have more time to work on it. I didn't enjoy RE6 really, so I hope they spend more time working on RE7. It would be nice to have some kind of news about it, however, since we've not really had very much.

I didn't enjoy RE6 either, way too action-y for my taste and too far away from its survival horror roots.
Not surprised it didn't sell well, tbh. (Leon's&Jake's campaigns were somewhat ok, but Chris' felt like shooter again)

Let's just hope they won't mess up the next game. *crossing fingers*

Reactions: Jen
Top Bottom