• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 Next Villian for Resident Evil

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
What do they tend to do...hide things from us...well i was just thinking and now that i think about it we know more about Op: RC than we do Revelations...which is odd considering weve known about Revalations longer...

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Yep, Alex. He will probably be in RER. LIN documents mentioned how Alex could imitate and mimic people simply by observing them, which could explain the RER teaser.

VP-70

The Confucius of ReNews...Cheers KK.
i would like to go back to the classical sense and just have our heroes handle an all out infestation. i've had enough of running after a baddy, i'd like to go back to the balls against the wall survival.

wesker_awesome

After a meal there's nothing like a good cigar.
remember how many other times wesker has "died" who is to say he isn't still alive? but a russian, that is a black silouette and shoots black flames (in tradition of alexia shooting flames)

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
remember how many other times wesker has "died" who is to say he isn't still alive? but a russian, that is a black silouette and shoots black flames (in tradition of alexia shooting flames)

Who's to say? Capcom officially said.

And for the sake of continuity, and for the sake of credibility, he is dead.

sliced-bread-no2

Albert can't come back. He just can't. It would just become flogging a dead horse then, and it'd lose all credibility.

I was personally hoping that Jill would permenently defect to the dark side in Resi 5 rather than be brainwashed. Although I'm sure it might upset Jill fans, it'd have made for an interesting plot twist if Jill had become the main baddie. Sadly, it wasn't to be.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Albert can't come back. He just can't. It would just become flogging a dead horse then, and it'd lose all credibility.

I was personally hoping that Jill would permenently defect to the dark side in Resi 5 rather than be brainwashed. Although I'm sure it might upset Jill fans, it'd have made for an interesting plot twist if Jill had become the main baddie. Sadly, it wasn't to be.

I've heard some that really want Sherry to make a return, as a brainwashed villian, I like that idea too.

Alex all the way though.

P.S., Sliced Bread, is your name a Brian Kendrick referrence?

sliced-bread-no2

Sherry as a villain would certainly be interesting, although this would shift focus towards Claire since the history is mainly between those two. Not that I have a problem with Claire taking the lead. :)

@Spike991: Correct. Mr Kendrick is a terrific wrestler, and the sliced bread #2 is possibly my favourite finisher.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Sherry as a villain would certainly be interesting, although this would shift focus towards Claire since the history is mainly between those two. Not that I have a problem with Claire taking the lead. :)

@Spike991: Correct. Mr Kendrick is a terrific wrestler, and the sliced bread #2 is possibly my favourite finisher.

Yeah, if she's there, some Redfield is also going to have to be, possibly even Leon, but the connection to Claire is bigger.

I'm more of a fan of Rob Van Dam myself. I recognized that finisher.:) You know, both RVD & Kendrick are in TNA right now.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
If Wesker is still alive, I'll lose whatever hope I had left in the series. Surely capcom can do better than that.

Although Wesker is still alive, Alex that is.:)

I hope they make the most out of that character, that is, not kill him off.

Irving is a character I would have loved to have seen a bit more of...potential.

codename: HUNK

Irving is a character I would have loved to have seen a bit more of...potential.

I thought he was interesting, but he wasn't much of a leader or "self-starter". Where do you see the story going if he had survived?

Personally, I'd like to see Nemesis come back. Could you imagine fighting Nemesis in one of the newer games? badass.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
I thought he was interesting, but he wasn't much of a leader or "self-starter". Where do you see the story going if he had survived?

Personally, I'd like to see Nemesis come back. Could you imagine fighting Nemesis in one of the newer games? badass.

Of course, I didn't see him like that either. But, as RE seems to be dealing with a lot of terrorism issues, BOWs on the black market and all, like Degeneration & RE5, I guess he could have played a bigger role in that. I would have liked to see him at least one more time, though we still might, you know with prequels and flashbacks.

codename: HUNK

Of course, I didn't see him like that either. But, as RE seems to be dealing with a lot of terrorism issues, BOWs on the black market and all, like Degeneration & RE5, I guess he could have played a bigger role in that. I would have liked to see him at least one more time, though we still might, you know with prequels and flashbacks.

They didn't really build up to the fight with him, much. Kind of like in silent hill origins, with the butcher. You see one glimpse of him in the beginning, then toward the end, he just kind of comes and goes, and that's the end of it. However, with silent hill 2, you anticipate that final battle with pyramid head throughout the entire game. Irving just needed a bigger role.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
They didn't really build up to the fight with him, much. Kind of like in silent hill origins, with the butcher. You see one glimpse of him in the beginning, then toward the end, he just kind of comes and goes, and that's the end of it. However, with silent hill 2, you anticipate that final battle with pyramid head throughout the entire game. Irving just needed a bigger role.

Agree. In fact, RE5....it was a lot like the Outbreak's, they just...felt too fast. You start, encounter different enemies and characters, and you're done.

Odd that both RE5 & the Outbreak games felt like that, and they were both real-time, with the inventory and such.

Perhaps that was one of the problems. He definately should have had a larger role, I mean we were chasing him, but I think Capcom left a lot of the character info, their development, in the Files....like the ones you get after the game.

Makes for the game to be a little less satisfying for sure.

wesker_awesome

After a meal there's nothing like a good cigar.
Who's to say? Capcom officially said.

And for the sake of continuity, and for the sake of credibility, he is dead.

its going to come back to haunt them if they did kill him off. pretty much the majority will be ****ed cuz wesker was awesome

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
No, i think the majority is fine with him being dead...i mean he was presumed dead in RE1 when 2 and 3 came out...it wasnt till later that you find out hes still alive, and lets face it, RE2 and 3 both outsold RE1, and neither had anything to do with Wesker...

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
No, i think the majority is fine with him being dead...i mean he was presumed dead in RE1 when 2 and 3 came out...it wasnt till later that you find out hes still alive, and lets face it, RE2 and 3 both outsold RE1, and neither had anything to do with Wesker...

I don't know about sales or anything, but I do agree that when everyone thought he was dead, and RE2/3 came along, everyone was fine.

He came back later, and all was great, but it was perfectly fine before he came back. There's more to RE than Wesker, way more. His character gets tons of extra significance, especially recently, tons of fanboys, and all of that really make his character unejoyable.

Elochai

Tiger Army Never Dies!
Premium
I miss the days when the villain was a global entity and not just one man. The feeling of overwhelming odds being stacked against you as you struggle to survive and barely make it out alive is just such a better feeling than taking out a guy with a rocket launcher... It's just too easy. I know it's been overdone to some of you, but I'm still just so very disappointed in the fact that Capcom dangled Umbrella in front of you, built up such a great story and just drops it all without giving you the satisfaction of of actually being there. (guys, just think of blue balls) I want a game that's set in the final "push" or the leading up to of Umbrella falling. Bring back the global entity with seemingly infinite resources with that "I'm so screwed" feeling and not just one "villain" pulling the strings that ends with a rocket to the face.

Top Bottom