• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Revelations 1 New PS3 Image. Funny thought

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Although I'm not "obsessed" with Jill's model, I do realise that the changes made to her appearance are just the most obvious ones, and I think that's the explanation.
When I saw Leon and Ada (actually Carla) for the first time in RE6 trailers, I didn't have to think twice who they were, because they looked (and still look) the same to me.
Claire was brought up to date in terms of graphics, but she is still recognisable.
The changes in Chris's appearances from Remake/Chronicles to RE5 were rather drastic, but he has been looking the same ever since. Hair style and colour as well as eye colour and the amount of beard may vary from game to game, but he has had pretty much the same face in RE5, RE6, Revelations and Mercenaries 3D.
Sherry is an adult now while she was a little girl in RE2, so it's only natural that she doesn't look the same anymore.
And Wesker, too, just got older.
So Jill is really the only one of the recurring characters who gets a real face lifting now and then. I mean, I don't care because I will probably never be a Jill fan, no matter what she looks like, but fans usually care about things like this.

Eddges

Dunder Mifflin Paper Company
Well
I would just like to point out that Capcom changes models for all characters as the games go on, yet everyone only seems to be obsessed with Jill's model. Why is that? I'm genuinely curious.

Well it's because Jill Valentine is a fan-favorite (Including me)
And she had the Julia Voth face for around 10 years.
I mean her iconic creepy eyes and her unique shaped jaw.
and now they just make her look like any other generic hot videogame girl...
It's like you don't simply change a characters face like that! Unless you're ****ing crapcom. : (

Reactions: svp

bruno

Chief Researcher
Although I'm not "obsessed" with Jill's model, I do realise that the changes made to her appearance are just the most obvious ones, and I think that's the explanation.
When I saw Leon and Ada (actually Carla) for the first time in RE6 trailers, I didn't have to think twice who they were, because they looked (and still look) the same to me.
Claire was brought up to date in terms of graphics, but she is still recognisable.
The changes in Chris's appearances from Remake/Chronicles to RE5 were rather drastic, but he has been looking the same ever since. Hair style and colour as well as eye colour and the amount of beard may vary from game to game, but he has had pretty much the same face in RE5, RE6, Revelations and Mercenaries 3D.
Sherry is an adult now while she was a little girl in RE2, so it's only natural that she doesn't look the same anymore.
And Wesker, too, just got older.
So Jill is really the only one of the recurring characters who gets a real face lifting now and then. I mean, I don't care because I will probably never be a Jill fan, no matter what she looks like, but fans usually care about things like this.

Take a look at this pic:
http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/013/d/d/few_re_chars_comparison_by_naoanastas-d5req2x.jpg

You can see that almost everyone kept their face recognizable through the games, except Jill in Revelations/ORC.
The biggest changes in the faces are Chris and Leon from older to newer games, but they have the same face models. The difference is because they are more detailed and are more aged in more recent games.
Claire looks the same (they just changed the face shape, and I'm not counting Mercs 3D, which is horrible).
Ada is more ocidental, and they tried to give her a more realistic face. The biggest change in Ada is her nose and mouth, I think she is way too similar to her voice actor in those aspects (http://www.google.com/imgres?q=cour...tbnh=216&tbnw=159&start=0&ndsp=20&tx=69&ty=89).

However, Jill looks like something completely different. I think she looks more like an alien. Seriously, that doesn't look human at all.

Flipqy42

Nevermore
Okay, I was just curious. And even I have to admit that Jill doesn't look as good as she did in REmake and 5. And I do kind of hope Capcom changes Jill's model back to Julia Voth.

I've looked at Julia's pictures and have officially added her to my personal list of hot celebrities.

Eddges

Dunder Mifflin Paper Company
Okay, I was just curious. And even I have to admit that Jill doesn't look as good as she did in REmake and 5. And I do kind of hope Capcom changes Jill's model back to Julia Voth.

I've looked at Julia's pictures and have officially added her to my personal list of hot celebrities.
My thoughts exactly!

svp

i dont think the new face of jill is too too bad, I just miss her unique face from remake! there is something different about her face that gives her a humanly quality. and she had nice lips and a unique jaw

Top Bottom