• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 New Info On Alex, LIN & RER

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Don't know if this belongs here, or in the RE5 section, but I figured here would be nice since this is basically like our RE6...for now. Anyway, new info, from my most recent run through LIN, I always learn something new.

So, I reread all the documents, to make sure Alex's age was never even hinted at, and it wasn't, not even once. I also came across something else, and forgive me for not being able to quote, because it was probably a month ago now, but I recall Spencer saying something about how amazing it was that Alex could mimic somebody simply by looking at them.

I forgot how he worded it exactly, but I just couldn't believe I overlooked that before. Basically, that could be a possible power, or hobby....of his. It could even help explain why it looks like two Chris' in the trailer for Revelations.

Also, we know that Revelations takes place before the events of RE5, I'm sure I read that somewhere, and it certainly has to take place before the events of LIN, which takes place either in 2005 or 2006. Obviously Chris is built in RER, so after 2003 obviously. So I'd guess sometime between 2003 & 2006.

That's not it though! I think that the events of RER are mentioned in LIN, via documents of course. At one point it mentions how there was an osolated island out in some ocean somewhere, again, apologies for it not being fresh on my mind, and how everything just dissapeared. It mentions how Alex finally created what Spencer needed, something for his immortality plan, utopia, etc, etc. Anyway, It mentions how Alex, and all the research and everybody just dissapeared, and Spencer thought he was betrayed, so did I, but then I thought, perhaps the reason for Alex and all the research and everything dissapearing was because of the events of RER, Chris & Jill destroy everything in a classic RE finish to that game.

Which makes sense, the reason for them being on a ship in the middle of the ocean, which a wierd perfect storm going on, perhaps they are on their way to, or from the island, of course which is right up Alex's ally.

So now that everyone is privy to the new stuff, what do you think?

domino29

PftU Spokesperson
Wow, thats pretty good detective work. I 100% agree. I think Capcom might have been waiting for someone to figure that out! May've broken the Da Vinci Code here! :D

But everything you say makes sense, and LIN is breifly seen in the RER trailer.

bruno

Chief Researcher
I was thinking exactly the same thing, only with exception for the mimicry part, i don't remember reading that...
And i surely hope that, if it's true, it's just a hobbie and nothing biological (as it would mean a lot of research work to come to a scientific explanation for that).

domino29

PftU Spokesperson
I was thinking exactly the same thing, only with exception for the mimicry part, i don't remember reading that...
And i surely hope that, if it's true, it's just a hobbie and nothing biological (as it would mean a lot of research work to come to a scientific explanation for that).

Lets try to explain anything in Resident Evil with scientific explanation. :D

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking

Yeah, the wording may have been different, but I distinctly remember Spencer making an observation about Alex how he/she could imitate somebody simply by looking at them. I don't know what that entails exactly, but you can see how it looks like two Chris', perhaps Alex is a master of disguise. I really need to go back and look at how Spencer put it in that document, I'll post a quote when I do.

Thanks guys, the Da Vinci code has been broken. Honestly though, I really do think that's pretty much what the story it. That said, it's still going to be worth playing, I just hope there is a Wii port, so that us without a 3DS can enjoy it without an arm and a leg.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Hmm...this is good news to me, for if thats the story it means ill possibly get to see Alex Wesker before RE6, which is something i really want...

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Hmm...this is good news to me, for if thats the story it means ill possibly get to see Alex Wesker before RE6, which is something i really want...

Yeah, it would seem that we will see him in RER, so before RE6 I would think.

I just hope they don't go off and kill him right now. They should use him a bit.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Everybody keeps saying "him"...i honestly think Alex is gonna be a girl...im both thinking AND hoping for it...

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Everybody keeps saying "him"...i honestly think Alex is gonna be a girl...im both thinking AND hoping for it...

"He" and "Him" can be, and are commonly used for someone who's gender is unknown. We don't all have to speak like Spencer in his Files. And it's just easier to say "he", instead of "he/she" everytime.

I personally think Alex is a guy, though I think it could be cool to make it a girl, and it seems like Capcom has tried to keep the gender from being know, almost seems like it would have been unnecessary, to keep that hidden, if it were a guy.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Thats exactly why i'm pushing for Alex to be a girl...because they never specified him or her...really your right as far as grammar is concerned becase if you don't know the gender then youre actually SUPPOSED to assue its male...but i figure maybe i can delude myself and others if i keep bringing up the female thing...

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Thats exactly why i'm pushing for Alex to be a girl...because they never specified him or her...really your right as far as grammar is concerned becase if you don't know the gender then youre actually SUPPOSED to assue its male...but i figure maybe i can delude myself and others if i keep bringing up the female thing...

I mean.....yeah, pretty much, why try so hard to hide the gender right?

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Ya, i don't think RER is out yet, but Mercs may be...i'm honestley not sure...

Right. I just read something about RER. It doesn't seem like it's coming out til 2012. Mercs will probably be out though, if it isn't already.

I'm sure that will be enough, as it looks like they have tons of characters and levels from both RE4 & RE5. Also Claire from DSC.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Right. I just read something about RER. It doesn't seem like it's coming out til 2012. Mercs will probably be out though, if it isn't already.

I'm sure that will be enough, as it looks like they have tons of characters and levels from both RE4 & RE5. Also Claire from DSC.

Ya, and Krauser...I'm actually lookin foreward to it...

Top Bottom