• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Name one thing unique about the characters.

SkinniMini

The Gaming Princess
Character -
  1. a characteristic, esp. one that assists in identification

What I'm saying doesn't fall withing your rules, but is a fact about the english language lol.

She is the only character PERIOD that is female that has had appearances in the canonical series.

Again, it's not a matter of what is or isn't right according to the game, but by the English language as a whole. Being female is part of her character, therefore she IS the only character that is FEMALE that has this trait. It's all one big unique thing.

Chris Redfield - Most unlockable outfits in the RE series.
I didn't know I was in school but whatever. Anyway why did you change your Chris? The other one was fine.
I just thought of another one so I added it.
Okay.
Chris Redfield: The only character whose eye colour changed in the course of time without any virus involved.
Ingrid Hunnigan: The only character who has never been playable yet despite appearing in more than one game, not counting remakes and reinterpretations.
Alfred and Alexia Ashford: The only twins in the series.
Ada Wong: The only character with an identical clone. Also, the only character whose real name we don't know. (Her RE3 epilogue implies that "Ada Wong" is only an alias.)
Richard Aiken: The only character with three possible deaths of which we don't know which is canon.
Jill Valentine: The only character who was infected with the T-virus and cured. Also, she's probably the character most loyal to her signature colour; all of her outfits (not counting non-canon extra costumes) have been mostly blue or shades of blue so far.
Brad Vickers: The only character whose face was not shown in the first game he appeared in. (This doesn't include characters who don't have a face, i. e. whose faces have never been shown yet.)
Jake Muller: The only character who has been shown speaking a language other than English that is not his mother tongue. (He talks Chinese to the J'avo at the Neo Umbrella facility.)

Not true: Chris and Jill also got taller for RE5, at least if their RE Wiki profiles are to be believed.
http://residentevil.wikia.com/Chris_Redfield
http://residentevil.wikia.com/Jill_Valentine
Also calling out your Chris statement. Rebecca eyes went from brown to green. Check out my other thread for proof. Other than that, your list is hella good Hel :)
Another thing that just comes to my mind: Chris is the only character who has met all other recurring characters.

Claire: His sister and they grew up together, so naturally they know each other, and they finally meet in CV.
Jill: His long-term friend and partner. Enough said.
Wesker: The game's main villain and Chris's arch-enemy.
Leon: We see them together for the first time in RE6, but it is implied that they worked together behind the scenes of CV to save Claire.
Ada: Well, the woman he thinks is Ada is actually someone else, but he does run into the real one occasionally in his fourth RE6 chapter.
Jake: I consider him a main character because he's very likely to return for another game. And Chris already met him in 6.
Sherry: Also RE6, but he already knew about her before.
Hunnigan: They talk to each other briefly before she patches Leon through to him.

I don't know if I should count Barry and Rebecca as recurring characters because Barry's appearance in RE3 is optional and Rebecca has gone AWOL after the mansion incident, but even with them, the point still stands. Ironically, Jill is the one with the fewest connections: She knows Wesker and Chris, probably knows about Claire thanks to the latter, but might not have met her, and I don't think she has anything to do with any of the others I listed.
I would include Barry and Rebecca, it's still two characters he knows and knows more that Hunnigan or Ada.

This made me realize that the Redfield siblings are responsible for many of the connections in the series.

Okay I got more
Sherry- The only playable kid in the series.
Leon- The only character to be close to a president (most likely two)
Buddy (Damnation)- the only character with three official names, Alexander, Sasha, and Buddy.
Ashley- the only character to be the child of a president

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Also calling out your Chris statement. Rebecca eyes went from brown to green. Check out my other thread for proof. Other than that, your list is hella good Hel :)
It is highly likely that canonically her eyes were ALWAYS green, but due to lack of graphical and other artistic abilities, she was given the brown eyes as a default. Once the newer version came out, allowing her to have more detail, they showed her TRUE eye color. No official documents say one way or the other as far as I can tell, however, this seems the LIKELIER of the two for the sake of continuity.

However, I also have not checked on Chris' eye color changing due to canon or graphical updates.

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
What about Jessica, Parker, quint Keith and Raymond
Jessica and Raymond still have loose ends and Jill knows both of them.

Edit: sorry my phone didn't show other replies after Hel.

Also I was trying I debate the ones I said.
I just said the first thing that came to mind.
Although I still think Leon is very arrogant. I dislike him more than the other main characters (don't burn me it's just what I think)

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
What about Jessica, Parker, quint Keith and Raymond
Jessica and Raymond still have loose ends and Jill knows both of them.

Yes, but who knows if we're ever going to see them again... As much as I would like them to return, if only for the sake of continuity, knowing Capcom it's rather unlikely... Anyway, they are not recurring characters so far, so I didn't include them. (Otherwise I could also have included Carlos, Sheva, etc.)

SkinniMini

The Gaming Princess
It is highly likely that canonically her eyes were ALWAYS green, but due to lack of graphical and other artistic abilities, she was given the brown eyes as a default. Once the newer version came out, allowing her to have more detail, they showed her TRUE eye color. No official documents say one way or the other as far as I can tell, however, this seems the LIKELIER of the two for the sake of continuity.

However, I also have not checked on Chris' eye color changing due to canon or graphical updates.
Sorry Kennedy but I'm not buying that. If if that was the most likely thing (which I don't think it is) why didn't they give her green eyes in the original re1 and re0 N64 artwork (both of which were hand drawn) like they did for Jill and her blue (colored) eyes in the same art style (re1)? View attachment 1315
They didn't have to worry about graphical capabilities or anything like that. All they had to do is use a green colored pencil or whatever it is they used (which takes no "artistic ability" at all) and color her eyes green and then explain that hardware issues didn't allow them to be that way in game (which looking at some of the other characters with colored eyed in their old in game models, seems unlikely) to those that cared to know about the inconsistency. They didn't do that bc she obviously was never meant to have green eyes before ReMake/ Final NGC Zero. I say final NGC version because before they had the ReMake model to go off of, her eyes were still brown in the GC version (look up the beta cutscene on youtube if you care enough) and that system was a graphical powerhouse at the time, so what was the excuse then? There is none because its obvious that before that ReMake model was made, her eyes were always intended to be brown and that's more likely than what you said (which could very well be true but I highly doubt it).

All I know about Chris is that his eyes went from blue (extremely obvious in ReCV) to brown (Re5-present).

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Sorry Kennedy but I'm not buying that. If if that was the most likely thing (which I don't think it is) why didn't they give her green eyes in the original re1 and re0 N64 artwork (both of which were hand drawn) like they did for Jill and her blue (colored) eyes in the same art style (re1)? View attachment 1315
They didn't have to worry about graphical capabilities or anything like that. All they had to do is use a green colored pencil or whatever it is they used (which takes no "artistic ability" at all) and color her eyes green and then explain that hardware issues didn't allow them to be that way in game (which looking at some of the other characters with colored eyed in their old in game models, seems unlikely) to those that cared to know about the inconsistency. They didn't do that bc she obviously was never meant to have green eyes before ReMake/ Final NGC Zero. I say final NGC version because before they had the ReMake model to go off of, her eyes were still brown in the GC version (look up the beta cutscene on youtube if you care enough) and that system was a graphical powerhouse at the time, so what was the excuse then? There is none because its obvious that before that ReMake model was made, her eyes were always intended to be brown and that's more likely than what you said (which could very well be true but I highly doubt it).

All I know about Chris is that his eyes went from blue (extremely obvious in ReCV) to brown (Re5-present).
All I'm saying is there is no official documentation as to what color her eyes are. Chris' BSAA identification card actually states "eye color - brown." Rebecca we have know method of identification for, and, her being a lesser character in the originals, she wasn't necessarily the most polished art wise. There is documentation stating the Chris' eye color changed. Until we see a S.T.A.R.S. card for Rebecca it's actually up to our own speculation.

SkinniMini

The Gaming Princess
All I'm saying is there is no official documentation as to what color her eyes are. Chris' BSAA identification card actually states "eye color - brown." Rebecca we have know method of identification for, and, her being a lesser character in the originals, she wasn't necessarily the most polished art wise. There is documentation stating the Chris' eye color changed. Until we see a S.T.A.R.S. card for Rebecca it's actually up to our own speculation.
Well I don't need documentation when my eyes work just fine. As far as I am concerned her eyes were brown in terms of canon pre ReMake and now they are green in terms of canon post ReMake. No documentation or speculation is even needed IMO. In fact it wasn't even needed for Chris, it was beyond obvious. Documentation is not the only viable proof. Those pics are proof enough for me and I'm done with this topic bc that isn't what this particular thread is about.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Well I don't need documentation when my eyes work just fine. As far as I am concerned her eyes were brown in terms of canon pre ReMake and now they are green in terms of canon post ReMake. No documentation or speculation is even needed IMO. In fact it wasn't even needed for Chris, it was beyond obvious. Documentation is not the only viable proof. Those pics are proof enough for me and I'm done with this topic bc that isn't what this particular thread is about.
You're talking about canon though, and RE1 is NON-canon as of REmake. REmake is the canon one, and has been for the last several years lol.

SkinniMini

The Gaming Princess
You're talking about canon though, and RE1 is NON-canon as of REmake. REmake is the canon one, and has been for the last several years lol.
I see you missed the part when I said the words were (meaning past) and are (meaning present). I obviously know that which is why I used those particular words. It's obvious you were just nitpicking bc you want to somehow undermine my post. Why, I don't know (and really don't care). Now I'm going to to get back on topic. Something you should do as well.

Carla- the only character to wear a red scarf.
Excella- the only character to wear a big bun on her head.

Last edited:

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Wesker is the only character who has appeared or been referred to in every canon game of the main series so far. He appeared personally in 1, 4, 5, Zero and Code Veronica, was mentioned both in the story and in the files of RE6, and can be seen on a picture along with the other S.T.A.R.S. members in the office in 2 and 3.

SkinniMini

The Gaming Princess
Another one for Sherry- the only character to have both parents appear and then die on screen in the series, thus we fans actually witnessing her becoming an orphan.

Steve- the only character to shoot and kill his father (he was a zombie but still)

Sheva- the only BSAA member to not have a BSAA symbol on her main game outfit.

Wesker is the only character who has appeared or been referred to in every canon game of the main series so far. He appeared personally in 1, 4, 5, Zero and Code Veronica, was mentioned both in the story and in the files of RE6, and can be seen on a picture along with the other S.T.A.R.S. members in the office in 2 and 3.
Gotta Hel. He was mentioned in ALMOST every canon game. There is no Wesker appearance or mention in Revelations, a game deemed canon by Capcom. My proof? Just watch any playthrough and read any Revelation game file.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
What about the ending? It shows Chris and Jill on their way to the second Spencer Estate, and even though it is not mentioned in the cutscene (I think), they go there in search of Wesker, and it even says something about a dark fate that awaits them.
Then again, I didn't even think of Revelations because it's not numbered and none of its characters or plotlines have been important to any other game, so I feel Revelations has yet to earn its place among the games of the main series which I was referring to, otherwise it could be seen as a spin-off just using main characters.

Also, I'm starting to get confused about the rules of this game. Earlier, you called KennedyKiller out for saying that Jill is the only female character to do this or that, because they're supposed to be the only character at all doing this or that, not just the only male or female one. But now you say Sheva is the only BSAA character to not have a BSAA symbol on her outfit, however she's not the only character who doesn't have a BSAA symbol on their outfit. Have I missed a rule change, or do I just not get the rule here? Because I don't see the difference between this and KennedyKiller's case, just now it's not the gender that sets her apart, but the occupation.

SkinniMini

The Gaming Princess
What about the ending? It shows Chris and Jill on their way to the second Spencer Estate, and even though it is not mentioned in the cutscene (I think), they go there in search of Wesker, and it even says something about a dark fate that awaits them.
Then again, I didn't even think of Revelations because it's not numbered and none of its characters or plotlines have been important to any other game, so I feel Revelations has yet to earn its place among the games of the main series which I was referring to, otherwise it could be seen as a spin-off just using main characters.
However Hel you have to look at it this way, if you never played Re5, you wouldn't know that Wesker was the reason they were going to that estate bc in Revelations they never showed his face or mentioned his name (two qualifications you used btw) at all during that sequence. Wesker had no presence in that game at all.
Also, I'm starting to get confused about the rules of this game. Earlier, you called KennedyKiller out for saying that Jill is the only female character to do this or that, because they're supposed to be the only character at all doing this or that, not just the only male or female one. But now you say Sheva is the only BSAA character to not have a BSAA symbol on her outfit, however she's not the only character who doesn't have a BSAA symbol on their outfit. Have I missed a rule change, or do I just not get the rule here? Because I don't see the difference between this and KennedyKiller's case, just now it's not the gender that sets her apart, but the occupation.
However Hel you have to look at it this way, if a person never played Re5, they wouldn't know that Wesker was the reason they were going to that estate bc in Revelations they never showed his face or mentioned his name (two qualifications you used btw) at all during that sequence. Wesker had no presence in that game at all.

Also Revelations is a canon game no matter how little it ties in right now. That could always change with Re7 so don't dismiss it just yet.

On your second point, you are completely right. I shouldn't have used that one for Sheva bc I come across as a hypocrite (which I'm definitely not). I just wanted to write one for her yet dismissed the rules myself. I guess I need to find something else for her.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
I think I have a better idea: Why don't you just change the rule so it allows these kinds of contributions? Because I'm sure more people would take part in this fun game if it wasn't so hard to come up with something. :wink:

SkinniMini

The Gaming Princess
I think I have a better idea: Why don't you just change the rule so it allows these kinds of contributions? Because I'm sure more people would take part in this fun game if it wasn't so hard to come up with something. :wink:
But doing something so hard is fun (then again I just love a challenge). However if it leads to more people contributing and having a good time, then why not. I will continue to do it the other way though bc just more fun to me.

EVERYONE LISTEN UP. I HAVE DECIDED TO EASE UP ON YOU ALL. YOU ARE ALLOWED TO POSTED ANY UNIQUE THING YOU WANT AS LONG AS IT IS NOT AN OPINION. HAVE FUN.

Reactions: Hel
Top Bottom