• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Name one thing unique about the characters.

SkinniMini

The Gaming Princess
Hey just do exactly what the thread title says. Name one thing a character (list as many characters as you want) has or does that no other person in the series shares with them. The unique thing can be anything. This should be (and I'm hoping it will be) a fun thread and topic for everyone. Okay here goes...

Jessica- the only person to wear a one legged outfit.
Ashley- the only person to scream out Leon Help lol.
Manuela- the only person wearing a bloody white dress.
Krauser- the only person to die in a plane crash two years ago and miraculously survive LMAO XD (I admit coming up with one for him was hard).
H.U.N.K.- the only Mr. Death.
Jake- the only child of Albert Wesker (that we know of anyway).
Rachael- the only one with hair covering her eyes.
Billy- the only one to be an ex marine.
Leon- the only one to wear that crazy RPD officer uniform.
Claire- the only one to have a kid as a support character.
Rebecca- the only one that was a teenage law enforcing officer.
Ada- the only person silly enough to wear a qipao inspired party dress to a active mission.
Raymond- the only one that had Rachael as a partner.
This is all I got for now.

Oh btw if you notice that anyone post something that isn't true then please state why with pictural and/or video evidence. Have fun. Its harder than it seems.

Flipqy42

Nevermore
Leon- the only one to wear that crazy RPD officer uniform.
I give You Kevin Ryman from Resident Evil Outbreak (Sorry for such a big image)
REOutbreakKevin.png

Claire- The only one to keep her voice actress for all of her appearances (Characters with one appearance do not count).

SkinniMini

The Gaming Princess
I give You Kevin Ryman from Resident Evil Outbreak (Sorry for such a big image)
REOutbreakKevin.png

Claire- The only one to keep her voice actress for all of her appearances (Characters with one appearance do not count).
Ah you got me but hey I got you too.

That is not unique to Claire. Both Hunnigan and Krauser has had the same VA's since their inception. Check out their wiki pages.
http://residentevil.wikia.com/Ingrid_Hannigan
http://residentevil.wikia.com/Jack_Krauser/biography

But since you got me, I guess I need to come up with another one for Leon and you for Claire.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Jill - Only female character to appear in 3 or more RE games as a story-character
Chris - The only S.T.A.R.S. member to finish off Wesker. Jill was there, but stood by and watched.
Wesker - The only character to change from one accent (American) to another (British) in mid series.
Leon - The only character to have sexy hair.
Claire - The only main character to be officially retired from the series, as stated by Capcom.

Flipqy42

Nevermore
Claire: The only main character to have her love interest permanently die.
Alfred: The only one to crossdress
Rebecca: The only survivor from Bravo team
Salazar: The only midget villain

SkinniMini

The Gaming Princess
Jill - Only female character to appear in 3 or more RE games as a story-character
Chris - The only S.T.A.R.S. member to finish off Wesker. Jill was there, but stood by and watched.
Wesker - The only character to change from one accent (American) to another (British) in mid series.
Leon - The only character to have sexy hair.
Claire - The only main character to be officially retired from the series, as stated by Capcom.
Gotta Kennedy. Ada has also been a female character in 3 games as a story character (although I'm not 100% sure what you meant by that), Re2, Re4, and Re6. Also you are kind of cheating. I said name something that no other character has done. While Jill may (although it isn't entirely true if I get what you are saying) be the only female, she isn't the only character to do that. You gotta say something that's unique to Jill, something no other man or woman has done (sorry for not making that clear) like Jill is the only one to be a good character fighting by Wesker's side. No other character can claim that. Other characters can claim being in a story game 3 times. So you gotta change your Jill and also your Leon, bc that's subjective. Its got to be a fact buddy.

Last edited:

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Gotta Kennedy. Ada has also been a female character in 3 games as a story character (although I'm not 100% sure what you meant by that), Re2, Re4, and Re6. Also you are kind of cheating. I said name something that no other character has done. While Jill may (although it isn't entirely true if I get what you are saying) be the only female, she isn't the only character to do that. You gotta say something that's unique to Jill, something no other man or woman has done (sorry for not making that clear) like Jill is the only one to be a good character fighting by Wesker's side. No other character can claim that. Other characters can claim being in a story game 3 times.
Ok...so 4 games then...and that is unique to her...Ada was only in three RE games as a character used for Story purposes...Jill is in four...RE1, RE3, RE5, and RER...

And by as a Story character I mean non canon mini games don't count...like Rebecca being in mercs mode of RE5

SkinniMini

The Gaming Princess
Ok...so 4 games then...and that is unique to her...Ada was only in three RE games as a character used for Story purposes...Jill is in four...RE1, RE3, RE5, and RER...

And by as a Story character I mean non canon mini games don't count...like Rebecca being in mercs mode of RE5
Okay I get the story character part but I dont think you are getting my part. That still isnt unique to Jill as a character of the series (which is what the thread is about). Can you rightfully claim Jill as being the only character, male or female, to be in 4 story games? That's what I'm saying. Its like me saying Helena is the only female character with a sister. If this thread was just focused on female characters then yes that and what you said would be unique but looking at all the characters its not bc Chris has a sister as well. I'm not confusing you am I?

Also don't forget to fix your Leon post.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Okay I get the story character part but I dont think you are getting my part. That still isnt unique to Jill as a character of the series (which is what the thread is about). Can you rightfully claim Jill as being the only character, male or female, to be in 4 story games? That's what I'm saying. Its like me saying Helena is the only female character with a sister. If this thread was just focused on female characters then yes that and what you said would be unique but looking at all the characters its not bc Chris has a sister as well. I'm not confusing you am I?

Also don't forget to fix your Leon post.
But being female IS part of her character. You can't take away from that. There is a difference between males and females. And it is a fact about her character that she is the only FEMALE character that appears as a story plot in 4 games.

Turo602

The King of Kings
Chris Redfield - Most consecutive canonical appearances.
Jill Valentine - Most inconsistent character in the series.
Leon S. Kennedy - Starring character of two feature films.
Claire Redfield - Only main character to have the same voice actress throughout the series.
Albert Wesker - Only character to increase in height.
Ada Wong - Has the most back stabbings under her name.
Rebecca Chambers - Youngest character to survive 2 ordeals back to back.
Helena Harper - Best jiggle physics. :wink:
Piers Nivans - First character to eat a steak dinner on screen. :lol:
Jake Muller - Worst character to ever appear in the series. :cross:

SkinniMini

The Gaming Princess
But being female IS part of her character. You can't take away from that. There is a difference between males and females. And it is a fact about her character that she is the only FEMALE character that appears as a story plot in 4 games.
Yes only FEMALE character, not only character period. I noticed you put the latter with other people on your list but not Jill but you know what, don't worry about it. This is clearly a TO MA TO, TO MOT TO moment. No need to dwell on it further. Is that your final answer.

Also I'm calling out your Leon claim. I think Jake has the sexiest hair in the series. Bald is beautiful.
View attachment 1313

Last edited:

Turo602

The King of Kings

It's still a unique feat of hers. Just like being the first female president and whatnot.

Yes only FEMALE character, not only character period. I noticed you did the other people on your list this but not Jill but you know what, don't worry about it. This is clearly a TO MA TO, TO MOT TO moment. No need to dwell on it further. Is that your final answer.

That's been his point from the start...

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Yes only FEMALE character, not only character period. I noticed you did the other people on your list this but not Jill but you know what, don't worry about it. This is clearly a TO MA TO, TO MOT TO moment. No need to dwell on it further. Is that your final answer.
Character -
  1. a characteristic, esp. one that assists in identification

What I'm saying doesn't fall withing your rules, but is a fact about the english language lol.

Yes only FEMALE character, not only character period.
She is the only character PERIOD that is female that has had appearances in the canonical series.

Again, it's not a matter of what is or isn't right according to the game, but by the English language as a whole. Being female is part of her character, therefore she IS the only character that is FEMALE that has this trait. It's all one big unique thing.

Chris Redfield - Most unlockable outfits in the RE series.

SkinniMini

The Gaming Princess
It's still a unique feat of hers. Just like being the first female president and whatnot.

That's been his point from the start...
Well this second point surely came across as kind of rude, something I don't appreciate.

However now that you put it that way in your first point I stand corrected.

Character -
  1. a characteristic, esp. one that assists in identification

What I'm saying doesn't fall withing your rules, but is a fact about the english language lol.

She is the only character PERIOD that is female that has had appearances in the canonical series.

Again, it's not a matter of what is or isn't right according to the game, but by the English language as a whole. Being female is part of her character, therefore she IS the only character that is FEMALE that has this trait. It's all one big unique thing.

Chris Redfield - Most unlockable outfits in the RE series.
I didn't know I was in school but okay i guess. Anyway why did you change your Chris? The other one was fine.

Last edited:

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Well this second point surely came across as kind of rude, something I don't appreciate.

However now that you put it that way in your first point I stand corrected.

I didn't know I was in school but okay i guess. Anyway why did you change your Chris? The other one was fine.
I just thought of another one so I added it.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Chris Redfield: The only character whose eye colour changed in the course of time without any virus involved.
Ingrid Hunnigan: The only character who has never been playable yet despite appearing in more than one game, not counting remakes and reinterpretations.
Alfred and Alexia Ashford: The only twins in the series.
Ada Wong: The only character with an identical clone. Also, the only character whose real name we don't know. (Her RE3 epilogue implies that "Ada Wong" is only an alias.)
Richard Aiken: The only character with three possible deaths of which we don't know which is canon.
Jill Valentine: The only character who was infected with the T-virus and cured. Also, she's probably the character most loyal to her signature colour; all of her outfits (not counting non-canon extra costumes) have been mostly blue or shades of blue so far.
Brad Vickers: The only character whose face was not shown in the first game he appeared in. (This doesn't include characters who don't have a face, i. e. whose faces have never been shown yet.)
Jake Muller: The only character who has been shown speaking a language other than English that is not his mother tongue. (He talks Chinese to the J'avo at the Neo Umbrella facility.)

Albert Wesker - Only character to increase in height.

Not true: Chris and Jill also got taller for RE5, at least if their RE Wiki profiles are to be believed.
http://residentevil.wikia.com/Chris_Redfield
http://residentevil.wikia.com/Jill_Valentine

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
Chris - suddenly buffed the hell up
Jill - was actually infected and cured during gameplay
Claire - Had a love story which ended in sadness
Barry - tastes blood
Rebecca - can survive in a standalone game, or dies optionally by 1 hunger in a game which featured her
Carlos - changes accents in different versions of the franchise
Billy - only character to be In hiding
Raymond - triple agent
Jessica - evil betrayer
Ada - is that her real name?
Leon - arrogant
Helena - confusing

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Carlos - changes accents in different versions of the franchise
Jessica - evil betrayer
Ada - is that her real name?
Leon - arrogant

Carlos - Wesker did the same thing.
Jessica - Ada has also betrayed many charcters
Ada - You're right, that actually is an alias.
Leon - Chris is also incredibly arrogant, as seen in RE6...If anything, please, give an example or two of Leon's arrogance.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Another thing that just comes to my mind: Chris is the only character who has met all other recurring characters.

Claire: His sister and they grew up together, so naturally they know each other, and they finally meet in CV.
Jill: His long-term friend and partner. Enough said.
Wesker: The game's main villain and Chris's arch-enemy.
Leon: We see them together for the first time in RE6, but it is implied that they worked together behind the scenes of CV to save Claire.
Ada: Well, the woman he thinks is Ada is actually someone else, but he does run into the real one occasionally in his fourth RE6 chapter.
Jake: I consider him a main character because he's very likely to return for another game. And Chris already met him in 6.
Sherry: Also RE6, but he already knew about her before.
Hunnigan: They talk to each other briefly before she patches Leon through to him.

I don't know if I should count Barry and Rebecca as recurring characters because Barry's appearance in RE3 is optional and Rebecca has gone AWOL after the mansion incident, but even with them, the point still stands. Ironically, Jill is the one with the fewest connections: She knows Wesker and Chris, probably knows about Claire thanks to the latter, but might not have met her, and I don't think she has anything to do with any of the others I listed.

Top Bottom