• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 5 My biggest gripe with RE5

T-Virus Injected

It's not even about the game mechanics or anything. Why did they make Chris so roided out? I know they wanna make the main protagonist look strong but geeeeeez. I used to respect Chris more during his battles against Wesker because he couldn't just use sheer strength. He had to use his brain to outsmart Wesker and get away. Now it looks like he has Sheva on each arm because that's how big they are now. I liked how the old Chris looked not this muscle head one.

We Are Ninja

LOL. If you ever get a hold of the strategy guide, there's a pic of an earlier concept of Chris (I'll post it if I can find it...). He was much, much, much bigger. They actually toned him down a lot.

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
What if he got big just so he could over power wesker? not that he can because wesker is kinda elite lol but chris can still knock him out lol. It is his mission to stop wesker.

We Are Ninja

LOL. Wesker manhandled 'rhoided Chris everytime they met. Sheva did more damage to Wesker(albeit with a knife) than Chris ever did...
with the exception of the injection.
All that bulk, all that slow...

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
When you fight wesker in chapter 5.3 you clearly knock him out cold, several times using chris or sheva lol they dont hurt him in the cutscenes though :/ but if anyone gets into a fight there gonna get manhandled and knocked about lol

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
It's a combo x5 the buttons never change, which means when you learn it you can do it really fast haha looks pretty cool.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
echoey;67438 said:
What if he got big just so he could over power wesker? not that he can because wesker is kinda elite lol but chris can still knock him out lol. It is his mission to stop wesker.

Overpower? No, but he has that much more power in his punch, I wouldn't want to get hit by that haymaker.:)

As for the topic, I think the muscles looked okay, especially with the RE5 outfits, but in the end, I did enjoy the regular sized Chris the most, especially in Darkside, which still had his RE5 voice actor, Roger Craig Smith.

teal27

^ Aw, cool that Roger Craig Smith came back to do his voice in Darkside. ^__^

Anyhoo, can't complain about Chris. Obviously.:wub: His build never seemed that unrealistic to me. I mean, it's bulky, yeah, but I can think of numerous other video game characters who look way more unrealistic in terms of muscle mass.

A handful of some Soul Calibur characters come to mind . . . >__>

And it seemed that despite the fact Chris did all this work to get so much more stronger, I didn't feel it made him overpowered against Wesker. I don't think anyone can "overpower" Wesker, no matter how many pounds of muscle they put on. Although I agree that I LOVE that move execution in 5-3 where Chris can lay on the hurt and Wesker goes crumpling. HA HA! *ebil* Likes to make me think Chris, like any person (size aside) can be pretty dangerous when pushed to the limit.

If anyone uses 'roids, it's Wesker! Ha ha! Seriously, he's constantly injecting himself with stuff to keep him strong, right? How come nobody points fingers at that bum?! :(

Leave my handsome baby alone! *grabs Chris and runs away*

valentine_day

annoying hattifattener
Maybe Wesker uses those stuffs,cause he things he is a god and immortal/that what he says couple annoying times.That`s makes him a badass.:D

jw1322

i wasn't too happy with it either, but in a way its somewhat realistic. it's been a fairly common occurence in the past for law enforcement and military agencies to have to deal with their officers/soldiers using steroids to give them a physical edge, specifically in law enforcement, where cops have been recorded as saying (para-phrasing) the bad guys are getting bigger and stronger, and we have to do something to keep up.

so in a way its understandable that chris may have decided to use some kind of enhnacer to try to level the playing field with the monsters he has to fight, imo.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
teal27;68319 said:
^ Aw, cool that Roger Craig Smith came back to do his voice in Darkside. ^__^

Anyhoo, can't complain about Chris. Obviously.:wub: His build never seemed that unrealistic to me. I mean, it's bulky, yeah, but I can think of numerous other video game characters who look way more unrealistic in terms of muscle mass.

A handful of some Soul Calibur characters come to mind . . . >__>

And it seemed that despite the fact Chris did all this work to get so much more stronger, I didn't feel it made him overpowered against Wesker. I don't think anyone can "overpower" Wesker, no matter how many pounds of muscle they put on. Although I agree that I LOVE that move execution in 5-3 where Chris can lay on the hurt and Wesker goes crumpling. HA HA! *ebil* Likes to make me think Chris, like any person (size aside) can be pretty dangerous when pushed to the limit.

If anyone uses 'roids, it's Wesker! Ha ha! Seriously, he's constantly injecting himself with stuff to keep him strong, right? How come nobody points fingers at that bum?! :(

Leave my handsome baby alone! *grabs Chris and runs away*

Yeah, Chris' muscles weren't really unrealistic, at times it looked a bit much, but otherwise I found it to be really agreeable. I now have a hard time deciding which Chris I prefer, the average build, or the muscled one in RE5, he was cool both ways. Of course as long as Roger Craig Smith does his voice, I will be happy.:)

Also, while Wesker has the enhanced strenght, he isn't any stronger than any other Biologically enhanced people. Krauser, Saddler, a Tyrant, Alexia, etc, were just as strong.

Chris isn't unnaturally strong(as far as we know), and if he punches Wesker with a haymaker, Wesker is going down, even if it is just for a minute. Wesker is strong and fast, definately true, but he can still get shot, or punched, etc. and get hurt.

v iBaxter

isnt it obvious hes been with arnold schwarzznegger (only god himself knows how to spell his name) pumping iron in the gym ! but i always liked the original chris even with his curvy haircut because if he was walking down the street he looks like any one else but he now takes up the whole side walk god dammit !!!

O(+>

At first I wondered why Capcom made such a change. But then look at from Chris' way. After fighting zombies and christ knows whatever else kind of monster for a few years...I'd want to be a walking tank. Though it does look quite silly when playing as Chris and you get grabbed by a female villager with arms like sticks and you struggle...

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
O(+>;68552 said:
Though it does look quite silly when playing as Chris and you get grabbed by a female villager with arms like sticks and you struggle...
Lmao, that sounds funny. :lol:

teal27

O(+>;68552 said:
Though it does look quite silly when playing as Chris and you get grabbed by a female villager with arms like sticks and you struggle...

Yep, that is pretty silly I gotta say. :confused:

I also noticed he seems to get grabbed by the women more than the men . . . they may be bug-brains but they aren't blind. ;)

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
v iBaxter;68502 said:
isnt it obvious hes been with arnold schwarzznegger (only god himself knows how to spell his name) pumping iron in the gym ! but i always liked the original chris even with his curvy haircut because if he was walking down the street he looks like any one else but he now takes up the whole side walk god dammit !!!

The older & bigger built Chris was cool, and RE5 did for Chris what RE4 did for Leon, but I do miss the average build Chris.

I wish that Capcom hadn't taken out his leather jacket("Made In Heaven")alternate outfit in the REmake, instead we got the wierd street clothes, with sunglasses and a hat. lame

Wesker_xSTARSx

He looks like he's on 'roids because he IS Steroid Chris. Thus, it has made him even more dumb. So much so, that he stands around and watches as everything stransforms rather than taking the person's head off with a shotgun from the get-go. And personally, I think his 3-hit combo move should be 'Roid Rage.

T-Virus Injected

seeing Chris roided out as he is makes it harder to believe that he really has a struggle getting enemies off him when he gets grabbed. Can't he Hulk up and just rip their damn arm off?

Top Bottom