• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 Mercs favorites/least favorites?

Gar Bageman

The Spirit of Rock 'n' Roll
The Agent is pretty good, if you ask me. His melees are all really strong, and his load out is pretty well-rounded. He's a great 'general' character, if you know what I mean.

As for Carla, I quite like her as well! Probably because she's very different from Ada. The fact that she has nitrogen rounds alone is reason enough to give her a try! It's great fun to blast a huge group of enemies with them then slide through them!

Albert

Tʜᴇ Gᴏᴅ
Premium
Well I just broadened my horizons a bit more and tried Piers out. His default is actually not as bad as everyone is making him out to be, in my opinion. It takes some getting used to, sure, but he does have a higher endurance level than some of the others - like Sherry, Ada and Leon - and most of my attacks pull from your stamina bar so that's a plus for me.

One character I haven't seen referenced to is the Agent character. Has anyone played as him yet? Any opinions? And does anyone have Carla yet, for that matter? Any opinions on her? Does she play the same as Ada or did they make the distinction between the two individuals?
Everyone ignores Agent for a reason. He is an overpowered char in VS but in Mercs he is below average I'd say, as for Carla, she is generally Ada (considering she is the worst char) on steroids or on C-virus whichever you prefer to use :p She pretty much got the best weapon combination for high scores: Picador and Grenade Launcher. Guess she is unlocked last for a reason.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Ironically, I got my first very high score with Agent, but never used him again since then. All I remember is that his handgun clip holds only five bullets, which is annoying if you ask me, and I never liked playing as name- and faceless characters anyway.

As for Carla: When I first saw her loadout, I thought it was just an unfunny joke. Considering all the trouble necessary to unlock her, I expected her to be overpowered as hell - and then she came with nothing but a standard handgun and a grenade launcher of which no extra ammo can be found while playing. The latter can also be used to your advantage, though, because all the ammo you'll find will be for the handgun, ensuring that you'll never run out of it. (My major problem in Mercenaries, which is why the first and only skill I ever bought is the one that forces more enemies to drop stuff.)

I got used to Carla after a while and now she's actually one of the characters I use the most, for fun more than anything else, because I still don't think she's that great. Much better than Default Ada in any case, but that's not difficult. Anyone who brings a bowgun for a Mercenaries game can't be taken seriously. Now that I think of it, Ada is actually a worse choice for me than Piers.

HappyLeech

Queen of the tl;dr
One character I haven't seen referenced to is the Agent character. Has anyone played as him yet? Any opinions?
I've tried out the Agent character. He plays just like Leon, tbh and his weapons are...decent. idk, not very memorable compared to the other characters in mercs (Plus there aren't any costumes for him :O I mean, a B.S.A.A or neo-umbrella outfit would be neat!)

BeardedBushMan

I enjoy most of the characters, but I'd say my favorite(s) are: Chris or Helena (or Carla ;))

My least favorite are: Ada (I hate that damn crossbow!) and Jake. I have the worst time getting good scores with these two.

Spyder

La Vita Nuova
Well I just broadened my horizons a bit more and tried Piers out. His default is actually not as bad as everyone is making him out to be, in my opinion. It takes some getting used to, sure, but he does have a higher endurance level than some of the others - like Sherry, Ada and Leon - and most of my attacks pull from your stamina bar so that's a plus for me.

One character I haven't seen referenced to is the Agent character. Has anyone played as him yet? Any opinions? And does anyone have Carla yet, for that matter? Any opinions on her? Does she play the same as Ada or did they make the distinction between the two individuals?

I really like Agent, for the same reasons that I like Jake's alternate. I love the knife =p. I don't use him terribly often though, as I'm not a fan of bombs for a power weapon. I'd even rather have grenades.
I like Carla much better than Ada, because at least she has a well rounded loadout. She only has a few of each type of grenade, so it calls for a bit more strategy, but all in all pretty good. The melees are the same as Ada's though and she does the same f'n flip. =/ Somehow she's soooo much easier to control though.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
Thanks for all the input, guys! I think I'll try Agent out in a bit but, right now, I'm still focusing on trying to get Carla. *sighs* This was such an easy task until I got to Ada and Sherry. Jake, Piers and Chris were quite easy to get A ranks with once I got used to RE6 mercenaries, while Leon and Helena had me going back and trying again a few times but none proved as challenging as Sherry and Ada. I just got an A rank with Sherry and I literally almost wet my pants because I've been trying for days but still no Ada. If I didn't already dislike her before, I'd seriously dislike her Batman moonlighting ass now.

Gar Bageman

That's why you try it with a partner! When RE6 first came out, I had a b*tch of a time getting Ada and Piers' alternate costumes and Carla, so I had my brother choose his best character and go duo with me. Then BAM! 'S' ranks like a motherf*cker! I didn't have to worry about doing much of anything other than surviving and got what I needed! :D

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
Story and I tried that last night when I, admittedly, had this massive headache and I think it ended with me threatening to kill her in her sleep if she didn't stop dying...Can't be sure, though. (I LOVE YOU STORY!) It doesn't help, though, that her favorite character is a flipping zombie magnet. Stupid Helena.

Gar Bageman

Story and I tried that last night when I, admittedly, had this massive headache and I think it ended with me threatening to kill her in her sleep if she didn't stop dying...Can't be sure, though. (I LOVE YOU STORY!) It doesn't help, though, that her favorite character is a flipping zombie magnet. Stupid Helena.
HA! At least she's fun to play with though. :D

I'd rather have a Mercs partner that dies all the time* but injects a little levity (okay, a lot) than get all the 'S' ranks in the world but be stuck with one of those c*kcksocks that takes the game, like, military serious. I guess something in-between is most preferable!

*I don't necessarily mean you, Story!*

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
HA! At least she's fun to play with though. :D

I'd rather have a Mercs partner that dies all the time* but injects a little levity (okay, a lot) than get all the 'S' ranks in the world but be stuck with one of those c*kcksocks that takes the game, like, military serious. I guess something in-between is most preferable!

*I don't necessarily mean you, Story!*
I have to admit, when I'm on a mission, like my unlock Carla mission, I get uber serious. This might as well be real-life to me because I am so focused on getting to my goal that nothing else matters.

I'm sure Story was totally fed up with me last night.:oops:

EDIT: How in the world can two characters who are very much the same be so different? Carla is amazing! I'm almost as good with her as I am with Jake, and that's saying something. While her stamina seems to be just as weak as Ada's, her load out is infinitely superior, timing up her counters is less awkward; she's just a lot easier to handle all-around.

Gar Bageman

I totally agree! My absolute best solo score ever was obtained with Carla. She's a hell of a great character to play! Hell, I like using her almost as much as I hate Ada.

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
Am I that popular that I'm talked about in a thread without my knowledge? :p I still need to unlock a few characters, but in all honesty I'm fine with my BFF Helena and my boy Pirate Leon. They get stuff done! J-money is fun to play as well, but I unlocked his costume 2 on RE.net and well... his purple puffy jacket is such a distraction! :mad: Damnit RE.net, stop being so tacky!

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Since I don't get along with Default Piers, today I tried his other outfit again, and... Gosh, he suuucks BIG time!

That Ammo Box is not only weak (probably the only firearm in the game that doesn't kill a dog with one shot), but also runs out of bullets way too fast - bad combination! With the sniper rifle, which I thought was his response to the bigger enemies, I had to shoot Quasimodo (or whatever the fat zombie is called) at least five times before he finally died. The assault shotgun is actually the only useful thing he has, but you can't only use that all the time, especially when you have to shoot farther than five metres.

I didn't even feel sorry for Piers when that Raw Shock finished him off in the end... He deserved it for coming with such a ****ty loadout! Even though his ass looks much nicer since I modded it into Ada's leather pants, I'll have to be satisfied with only seeing it in story mode. I'll stick with the female characters for now, Default Helena and Sailor Moon Sherry are my new secret weapons.

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
I've Gotten Over the 100K mark with all characters

I gotta say Ada's My favourite Her style comes naturally I never seem to get the same vibe with any other character (Hell I managed to dodge the Ubistivo while dodging using the Cross-Bow)

My least favourt has to be Sherry. Her Play Style is like the opposite of Ada's so I'm not that good with her

As far as the hardest one for me to use...I'd say Alt Leon Takes the cake...I've gotten a Higher Score with Alt Jake then Alt Leon...That's just sad...

Top Bottom