• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 5 Lost in Nightmares and Costume Pack 1 released today. Your thoughts on it.

Jason-Voorhees

沉睡的巨龍
you need to buy and download the Lost In Nightmares Chapter for the game in the PSN store. you also need to get the costume pack to play as Chris and sheva in the Mercenaries reunion , you automaticly get two charactors with the Lost in nightmares

Kellyrose

So, I finally bought Lost in Nightmares today. Was playing it on pro with my friend until my internet dicked me over, so I finished it on single-player normal. Overall, I loved the atmosphere. It felt like I was walking through the original. I was dissapointed with the
ANCHOR ZOMBIES!!!!!!! when I realized that they were using pretty much the same animations as the executioners.
And also, on the final boss fight, I wasn't sure what to do
so I just ran around for a couple minutes and then it was over. Not quite sure what happened but um, whatever.
There wasn't a whole lot of action, lots of suspense but it kinda fell through once you realized that nothing was actually going to pop out at you. Ever.

Feng-Hi

Out of the different costume packs I think it's annoying that you can't open them by playing the Merc games to an "S" standard, that's my main grip really. As for LIN I'm blown away! It really makes me think back to playing REMake.

The most annoying aspect is not being able to save within play on LIN so it's always a back to the start when you've had to turn the xBox off. Any excuse to play repeatedly BUT it can get tedious in that respect.

Spencer Estate in RE5 graphics is amazing and the atmosphere is most certainly back. You feel yourself getting tense every time you get around a corner.

All in all I'm EXTREMELY pleased with my recent pay for download!!!!

Soul Of Faith

The Legendary Soul
has has anyone encountered one of those monsters in LIN before you get the Crack..?? (1st section getting passwords)
I did i didn't knew already one was there
you heard the sounds but okay i didn't knew there was one
man i scared the hel out of my couse he almost got my...
but he was beaten easyly

Pancham Cutie

The Cute Pancham
Premium
Feng-Hi;66004 said:
Out of the different costume packs I think it's annoying that you can't open them by playing the Merc games to an "S" standard, that's my main grip really. As for LIN I'm blown away! It really makes me think back to playing REMake.

The most annoying aspect is not being able to save within play on LIN so it's always a back to the start when you've had to turn the xBox off. Any excuse to play repeatedly BUT it can get tedious in that respect.

Spencer Estate in RE5 graphics is amazing and the atmosphere is most certainly back. You feel yourself getting tense every time you get around a corner.

All in all I'm EXTREMELY pleased with my recent pay for download!!!!

I hope you are ready for Desprate Escape. That is coming out next week along with Costume Pack 2. However just like last time with LIN you will need score stars, you can't have infinite ammo, and there is no saving like last time. Since there is no saving you will have to choose a day when you can beat Desprate Escape since it is a little bit longer than LIN and harder.

Feng-Hi

BIGHARD CHEATER;66006 said:
I hope you are ready for Desprate Escape. That is coming out next week along with Costume Pack 2. However just like last time with LIN you will need score stars, you can't have infinite ammo, and there is no saving like last time. Since there is no saving you will have to choose a day when you can beat Desprate Escape since it is a little bit longer than LIN and harder.

In which case time WILL be set aside :). Although not next week as I am on an intense course with work and the following week is a work exam, so maybe a treat for myself!

~Excella~

Premium
I agree with the people mentioning the no save feature. Even though the game is only an hour, it still sucks....I had to pause it as I went to eat dinner, which I wouldn't have minded doing if I hadn't already played other PS3 games beforehand, thus, my PS3 was on for a really long time.....

~Excella~

Premium
If you really want to get through it quick, play it on amateur and you whip right through the entire game in about 10 minutes.

Iced Digger

I love it, I'm just sick of waiting for the second pack to be released. I'd do anything to play it right now. The first pack itself was excellent, love the new merc characters, and LIN is fun to play. I'm really happy Capcom gave us this gift.

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
I got another mercs mode with the pack there are some players to be unlocked not sure but i think ...
I could see barry and rebbeca chambers as playables? haha do you get inf ammo with barrys magnum lol :0

~Excella~

Premium
Iced Digger;66152 said:
I love it, I'm just sick of waiting for the second pack to be released. I'd do anything to play it right now. The first pack itself was excellent, love the new merc characters, and LIN is fun to play. I'm really happy Capcom gave us this gift.

Same here! I keep clicking on it with hopes it will just glitch or something and start up, lol. LIN is so much fun, I can't wait for the next one or RE Gold. So excited.

Feng-Hi

Well I forgot to add that for the first costume pack Chris looks a little.....well.......gay! Especially in the extra figures section, he looks like he's posing for a gay calendar! Maybe he's from the Village People in that outfit.

I'll wait for the second pack when he has that massive machine gun (although thinking about it that statement was a little gay!!)
:D:D:D:D:D:D

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
Yeah, the first and only currently available costume pack is absolute tripe. I regret wasting the Microsoft Points on it but I'll be damned if I'm not going to get my money's worth out of 'em. Sadly, the price I have to pay for my stubbornness is that bother Chris and Sheva look fugly. :(

Lost in Nightmares, however, is absolutely terrific! I played it again on co-op with my mate today and had a blast. I can't get enough.

Pancham Cutie

The Cute Pancham
Premium
echoey;66182 said:
I got another mercs mode with the pack there are some players to be unlocked not sure but i think ...
I could see barry and rebbeca chambers as playables? haha do you get inf ammo with barrys magnum lol :0

It determines with which magnum you are talkin about.

His Smith and Wesson Model 29 dosen't have infinite ammo.

His Colt Anaconda does have infinte ammo.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
I got to play LIN and I got to use Barry & Excella in Mercs Reunion.

LIN was great, hands down, some locales that definately reminded me of the original Spencer estate. The dialogue was really nice between Chris & Jill, it didn't seem false or unwarranted like with Sheva, not forced at all, just cool and appropriate.

Those Gaurdians(I think they are called the Gaurdian Of Death), were a pain in the ass, especially on Vet, and I will probably play Professional soon too.

I am exited to use Rebecca when she comes out, although after like three games and three novels, I just don't really appreciate her character as much as the other female characters, or any of the characters at all...

Exited for Desperate Escape!

~Excella~

Premium
Feng-Hi;66316 said:
Well I forgot to add that for the first costume pack Chris looks a little.....well.......gay! Especially in the extra figures section, he looks like he's posing for a gay calendar! Maybe he's from the Village People in that outfit.

I'll wait for the second pack when he has that massive machine gun (although thinking about it that statement was a little gay!!)
:D:D:D:D:D:D

Heck no, warrior Chris is hot <.<

Top Bottom