• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 5 Lost in Nightmares and Costume Pack 1 released today. Your thoughts on it.

Pancham Cutie

The Cute Pancham
Premium
So today is the day for Lost in Nightmares to come out for Xbox 360 today, but the PS3 release of it will have to wait until tomorrow.

So what is your thoughts on the new DLC.

So far I just now started it.

NOTE: CAPCOM messed up. Costume pack 1 actually comes with Chris Warrior and Sheva Fairytale.

The song that is in the Mercenaries Reunion trailers is in Mercenaries reunion. Jill is now the new announcer. And time bounes are placed in different places.

New enemies have been spoted. Town Duvalia and Allyson(The girl with the blonde hair and dress.) One of the new Figures is Chris and Sheva I which is Chris in his Warrior outfit and Sheva in her Fairytale outfit standing right by each other with "Sheva" and then a "Ok"

Another thing is that Sheva Fairytale in Mercs Reunion also starts with 5 gold eggs, making her one of the most easiest character.

Jason-Voorhees

沉睡的巨龍
wow thanks for the info, i don't have it yet and hope for us in the US to get is soon, like 7 in the morning. it seems that fairy tail sheve is going to be a great partner charactor, she can give half of her eggs to a friend, i just hope barry has some kind of health aswell. that's the problem i had with the weskers, i was always dying,

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
I played LIN for about 10 minutes and loved being back in a creepy mansion with chris and jill. Im not crazy about the door opening sequences but i can look past that as the rest of it looks great. Shame im on my way to work at the moment or i'd be smashing through LIN right now. I didnt play mercs reunion just had a quick look at the characters and they look great, can't wait to try them out tonight. I just hope LIN isn't too short.

Pancham Cutie

The Cute Pancham
Premium
@Jason - So far I found out some more info. The big man majini are appearing in Public Assembly. Different Wetlands Majini are appearing. And there are some more. Chris Warrior is ok for the moment, Sheva Fairytale is one of the best, Excella is the most powerful, Barry dosen't have any healing items with him. What I did examine from Barry was that 3 of his moves are wierd. One move is called, and no I am not kidding, Barry Sandwich, Burton Boot, and another one is Miranda's Right which of course is a reference of the Miranda's right. The reason why Excella is the most powerful is due to that if she performs a melee attack on a enemy when thay have been shot it is a instant kill, the only way that it isn't an instant is if she didn't shoot anyone. I think her most powerful attack is rather Humiliation or First Aid due to that first aid makes the majini that has it explode and kills anything near the body. However there are no new maps to play on.

I played a little bit of Lost in Nightmares and I love it. It is a shame that you can't choose to be rather Chris or Jill, but maybe if I beat it may give me that option and I am hoping so. So far it is very simple, and the anchor wielders are very easy to kill, but they take loads of handgun bullets.

All in all this is a good DLC and I can't wait for the last 4 mercenaries characters and the last scenario.

For people who want to download it now go to Xbox.com and check on Resident Evil 5.

Kellyrose

We Are Ninja;65271 said:
So PS3 owners have to wait one more day?

Crud.

Seems to always be this way for multi-plat games. Still waiting for the Dragon Age DLC while PC and XBox already have it. I guess Sony is a bit more anal about their dlc.

Anyways, thanks for the info, looking forward to playing this.

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
I've played through the Lost in Nightmares DLC once already which took me 55 minutes according to my stats at the end. I enjoyed taking my time and having a good nose around the mansion. I really enjoyed the DLC and I'm just about to start a second game co-operatively with the wife to try and snag the remaining achievements.

If any of you guys want to co-op later I'd love to. The DLC may be short...but it's pretty damn sweet IMO.

Soul Of Faith

The Legendary Soul
i have downloaded it and played a little bit
but i think its funnyer to play it in Co-Op
that what i think....

and the costume pack 1 well its funny
sheva looks not bad in the fairy tail costume

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
This might be a totally dumb question before I ask it - but is LIN included in that Gold Edition that comes out next month? I'd rather save my money and wait than buy both...

v iBaxter

Lost in Nightmares and Desperate escape come out in the gold edition along with all the new costumes and characters including all original content.

bruno

Chief Researcher
Yes, LFF. The Gold Edition will contain The normal game, LIN, DE, Costume Packs 1 and 2 (i'm not completely sure about the costume packs), Mercs Reunion (all characters), versus, Extra figures, etc. It will contain all or almost all of the DLC's. I think the Gold Edition will be priced 49.99 Dollars and, by the time it is released, the normal version will be 29.99 (not sure, maybe it's 39.99) Dollars.

EDIT: sorry, i got distracted while i was writing the post, so you answer had already been answered by the time i saved it.

EDIT 2: Look at these videos, appearently it's possible to play LIN with the old camera angles.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjf7kRgjXaw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky0GkFRUlik&feature=channel

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
The Lost in Nightmares DLC is indeed included in the Gold Edition; as is both costume packs and the upcoming Desperate Escape DLC featuring Jill Valentine and Josh Stone. It would be best to save your cash as it will probably work out cheaper in the long run, but some of us are just a little impatient. :p

Edit: Duh! Curse my impatience! Your question has already been answered.

^ Is it "difficult" in comparison with the difficulty level of the main game?
I haven't played it on Professional yet but I'm very eager to. I first played it through on Normal difficulty and it was a breeze. I then played it co-op with my wife on Veteran and it is a little more difficult if you don't have your wits about you. Me and my wife managed to run past and avoid a few encounters.

I'm looking forward to seeing what Professional is like. My wife has already made it clear that she thought Veteran was hard enough and has no interest in playing through on Professional. Lol. Any one care to play through with me on Pro?

leon83

LIN looks great for 400 ms point and im getting this tommorow btw when does the next installment come out ???

bruno

Chief Researcher
I havn't played yet, but i think there's a lever to the right of the trap's door (i think you need to do a mini-puzzle in order to reach the lever). Actually, Jill herself could reach the lever.

Top Bottom