• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Look at this weird site

wpstudart

Frohwned;55523 said:
The Russian Military is the most odd and mysterious military...with sightings of Aliens, supposed " experiments " and all that. Watch out, friend. Watch out.

hahaha, Thanks, Fear is all I need now :lol: Just kidding, they can't do anything to me... I hope :ninja:

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
wpstudart;55454 said:
Well, I'm entering very deep into this, following some leads, and now I got scared, I wasn't at all, but I discovered a site, that Junko Junsui told me about, in Twitter, called 'Alfa-Tsentr.ru'. Well, since this is an Arg, and Wikipedia says that Alfa Tsentr is a FAKE company, I tried logging in, but they tracked my IP and my Town. Now things got creepy.. I'm really interested in knowing what this is all about, but now I'm scared as hell. They say that's a violation and stuff, and I'm really Scared. So, any guesses? That the game creators are really smarts and hackers?
How did they contact you? And what is an "Arg"?

And that's what he meant, how do you do a site that look like Google D:
I think I misunderstood him. I thought he said I should go to a site and pretend to be google. Now I think he meant that it is that site pretending to be google. I have not checked the link because of potential risk. I'll maybe try it out using a proxy.

Raider Man

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wc0PaXB4dYo

Alfa-Tsentr is the name of fictional organization of The Junko Junsui ARG Game (Alternate Reality Game).

The game
It started on 20 August 2009, when in forums they talked about a page which is a false Google (http://174.133.240.117/), that when you write "The Enemy" it redirect to the page of Google looking for "Alfa-Tsentr", then when in the false google write "Alfa-tsentr" it shows a video of a kidnapped woman. Other words that work for the fake google site are "Alfa Tsentr", which appears to be Russian, or the English equivalent "Alpha Center".

Alfa-Tsentr (Alpha-Center, Russian: Альфа-Центр) is a Russian private military company based in Beloretsk, Russia. The company served an important logistics and support role throughout the course of the Second Chechen War, and served as an auxiliary guard to the pro Kremlin regime of Akhmad Kadyrov.

Privatization
Originally conceived of as a holding company for newly privatized state assets, Alfa-Tsentr purchased many large military hardware factories, army and air force operational facilities in the mid 1990s. These formerly Soviet assets were purchased from the government of Boris Yeltsin at a fraction of their value as part of a larger trend that came to be known as the loans for shares scheme.

Current structure
Today the PMC is comprised of 3 main divisions:

Operational
The operational units of Alfa-Tsentr are considered its core assets. These include non conventional warfare units (Spetsnaz), pilots and ground crew operators, body guard detail and close protection teams, combat engineers, logistical support teams, command and control units, combat medics, evacuation and search + rescue crews.

Advisory
Similar to NATO-oriented private military companies such as England's Aegis Defence Services, Alfa-Tsentr operates a consulting division which provides research and analysis on security threats, both for civilian and government military organizations.

Training
The company is responsible for government-outsourced training in the Russian Federation, particularly that of local police forces which participate in nation-wide interdiction of organized crime activities. After Alfa-Tsentr's initial role as a holding company, some of its first activities included training of paramilitary forces, including controversial Chechen Kadyrovtsy.

Facilities
Since 2000, Alfa-Tsentr has performed some logistical support at the Kosvinsky Mountain facility in the Sverdlovsk Oblast.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
^^ Very good and informative, Raider Man. I understand a lot more now.

wpstudart

Romero;55629 said:

How did they contact you? And what is an "Arg"?

ARG is an Alternate Reality Game, that they create sites, companies, characters, and stuff like that, and make you find out something. It's kind of pointless, but it's cool because you start acting like a 'Sherlock Holmes', following leads, decrypting notes and things like that.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
wpstudart;55701 said:
ARG is an Alternate Reality Game,
Yep now I recall it. I didn't see "Arg" as an acronym because not all three characters were capitalized.

Did they find your email address? Creepy.

wpstudart

Romero;55723 said:

Yep now I recall it. I didn't see "Arg" as an acronym because not all three characters were capitalized.

Did they find your email address? Creepy.

Not my email, that would be good, they found my PC's IP and my town. That was creepy :wacko:

wpstudart

Romero;55732 said:
Didn't you say that they sent you messages?

No, I got to a site, and I thought it was a part of the game, and it entered a logon screen. I, completely Naive, tried logging in with anything. They said it was an international violation and somethings in Russian and it showed my IP and my town...

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
So it was just a message displayed on the web page. I don't think you need to worry. :)
I'm curious and a little tempted to have a look myself, with my IP masked through proxy...

wpstudart

Romero;55913 said:
So it was just a message displayed on the web page. I don't think you need to worry. :)
I'm curious and a little tempted to have a look myself, with my IP masked through proxy...

I wanted to see it again, but dunno, isn't cool if it shows the same thing :lol:

ResidentZelda

Well I went to the site and there's this weird lady coming closer to the camera or whatever is it and it was really creepy and it said "SHE IS THE ORIGIN" holy sh- it was scary D:

v iBaxter

La Femme Fatale;61186 said:
All I saw a short clip of the camera zooming in on some lady, and then the clip just kept repeating itself...

same did u say it depends if its light or dark in ur room ?

Top Bottom