• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Let's hear your voice! (vocaroo thread)

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Me: http://vocaroo.com/i/s0c1VXDmtcgN

I've been messing around with vocaroo (vocaroo.com) for the past few days and thought this would be a very interesting thread. Only share if you feel comfortable of course. I'll start out reading a short 'scary story' :p Maybe we can turn this into an audio reading thread haha.

Here's moi:

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0JruWbhh48e

You'd be surprised. I enjoy hearing who's behind the keyboard, it makes it more... personal to me. In a good, non-creepy kind of way. It's also fun reading or just introducing yourself in audio. :) I hate my voice personally, but I had the courage to post in the thread and not care what anyone else thinks of my odd, dudely sounding voice. :p I'm sure your voice sounds loads better than mine.
Good topic! Your voice is really nice and you sound like a professional reader or at least a very talented amateur. Do you have experience in using your voice professionally, or is that something you have considered?

By the way, and not trying to sound creepy, but I really like your voice Storyofmylife. You sound really cute.
What he said. :D

---------------------
All right, if anyone insists that's not me in the link above then I have to admit it's not me, it's a recording of someone much more famous. :p
I don't like my own voice and I refused to be on air at our local radio station on the days my media class had the radio responsibility. I liked the technical part much better.

But the biggest problem here and now, is as simple as I don't speak English, I can only read and write. I used to speak English semi-fluently but I will need quite some time practicing to get back that ability. My bad voice combined with really bad English is something I don't have enough confidence to share with everyone. :oops: Maybe I should use Skype and practice.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
I has a question: How does one record their voice?...
Does one have to have the mic or are we speaking to the computer?...
You need a mic and most computers do have an internal mic. If you have everything required, you just click the big recording button. That will start the recording and when you are done you click the same button again. See here for help.

Pancham Cutie

The Cute Pancham
Premium
You need a mic and most computers do have an internal mic. If you have everything required, you just click the big recording button. That will start the recording and when you are done you click the same button again. See here for help.
Or you could use a camera that has a USB plug or you could attache a cable that has a USB plug on it. That's what I did, although I do perfer using a microphone due to better sound.
I don't like my own voice and I refused to be on air at our local radio station on the days my media class had the radio responsibility. I liked the technical part much better.

But the biggest problem here and now, is as simple as I don't speak English, I can only read and write. I used to speak English semi-fluently but I will need quite some time practicing to get back that ability. My bad voice combined with really bad English is something I don't have enough confidence to share with everyone. :oops: Maybe I should use Skype and practice.
Ah come on, your voice isn't that bad. Trust me, I think the worst kind of voice to listen to, and possibly the most embarrasing, is me singing a song. Plus we don't mind if you don't speak English.

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
Me: http://vocaroo.com/i/s0c1VXDmtcgN

Good topic! Your voice is really nice and you sound like a professional reader or at least a very talented amateur. Do you have experience in using your voice professionally, or is that something you have considered?

What he said. :D

---------------------
All right, if anyone insists that's not me in the link above then I have to admit it's not me, it's a recording of someone much more famous. :p

Haha thank you! Y'all are too sweet. I'm an actress if that counts? I haven't ever read professionally or been a voice actor until as of late so yeah. :p

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
I'll just say to you guy who deleted your own post seconds after posting it yesterday, you have a nice manly voice. And the recording volume almost blew my hair off. :p

Haha thank you! Y'all are too sweet. I'm an actress if that counts? I haven't ever read professionally or been a voice actor until as of late so yeah. :p
You're welcome, and actress was actually a possible profession I had in mind. ;) They get voice training and almost all of them can sing.

Ah come on, your voice isn't that bad. Trust me, I think the worst kind of voice to listen to, and possibly the most embarrasing, is me singing a song. Plus we don't mind if you don't speak English.
Haha maybe I could say some Norwegian words. I'll think about it.

svp

wow story! that was sick!! you have such a unique voice and loads of talent. are you in a band? I love your dark sinister/ hipster indie vibe.....women with deep voices sound nice and soothing in my opinion, why else would Adel be so popular? keep doin what you've been born to do, and write songs too. :) I myself am a singer lol

Top Bottom