• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 3: Nemesis (1999) Jill Vs. Ada

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
Haha Jill did take down some majour B.O.W's in her time thats a good track record, think of how many job opertunitys that opens her up for xD CIA FBI hahah joking..

I've always said Jill would win in this thread, Ada is cool but Jill would win, she's been at the game longer then Ada has. Ada works for Wesker anyway.. she cant stand up agasint him so she joined him :/ I see that as a weakness, Jill would stand up to Wesker ! xD

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Do you mean in terms of popularity, or a fight?

Ada is definately much more advanced in fighting skills, she is very acrobatic, as seen especially in RE4.

Jill is tough too though, and is very athletic.

In a popularity contest though, they will probably bth get alot of votes.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
Jill's got the experience and she's better at survival in general. Besides, anyone that pushes strong, uber fast, infected Wesker out of a window could beat the crap out of Ada any day.

Jill Valentine for the win. ;)

iCanHazT-Virus?

i think jill would win this, ada is too emotional and switches sides every 5 minutes and we have all seen what jill can do in RE5 so yeah.....youve won this one miss magnolia, for now

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Magnolia Grandiflora;85563 said:
Jill's got the experience and she's better at survival in general. Besides, anyone that pushes strong, uber fast, infected Wesker out of a window could beat the crap out of Ada any day.

Jill Valentine for the win. ;)
Isn't Jill kicking much more ass in RE5 than earlier? Ada isn't in RE5 AFAIK.
It's impossible to have a fight with RE5 Jill vs RE4 Ada because the games doesn't take place at the same time. How many years later in time is RE5?

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
No, Jill kicks a lot of ass before RE5. My point was that I find it amazing that, as a regular human, she was able to push a souped-up, energizer bunny Wesker out of a window, even if she hadn't lived. (And I hate RE5 so that's saying something.)

Let's see...:confused: RE4 takes place in 2004 and RE5 takes place in 2009 so, in the game verse, they're roughly five years apart; I don't see how it would make much difference, though. Even if we had Ada and Jill together, in the same game at the exact same time, Ada would still get her arse handed to her on a silver platter; Jill's just that hardcore. ;)

Ada's just a spy after all...and not a very good one either.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Magnolia Grandiflora;85634 said:
No, Jill kicks a lot of ass before 5. My point was that I find it amazing that, as a regular human, she was able to push a souped-up, energizer bunny Wesker out of a window, even if she hadn't lived. (And I hate RE5 so that's saying something.)

Let's see...:confused: RE4 takes place in 2004 and RE5 takes place in 2009 so, in the game verse, they're roughly five years apart; I don't see how it would make much difference, though. Even if we had Ada and Jill together, in the same game at the exact same time, Ada would still get her arse handed to her on a silver platter; Jill's just that hardcore. ;)
Isn't Jill physically enhanced in some way in RE5? It is my impression that RE5 Jill is much tougher than she was before. Is this wrong?

But you are probably right that Ada would be in trouble if she had to fight Jill in RE4. But Ada is known for being sly, the mind can often win or loose a fight.
Maybe we can agree that Jill would win if only physics came into play, and that the outcome would be uncertain otherwise? :unsure:

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
I just don't think Ada's that great. She's a spy...but she's not very good at it; her emotions get in the way and it's very hard for her to keep her personal life away from her professional. Jill's always been very calm, cool and collected in dire situations and is able to think on her feet because of it; she's also very professional. (Which is probably part of the reason JillxChris hasn't been outright confirmed in the series. They're very professional despite their feelings unlike Leon and Ada.) I think Ada's more emotional side hinders her character in some ways that being cool in stressful situations strengthens Jill's character.

Think about it this way, Claire's not as good at thinking on her feet as Jill is because her emotions are always on the surface and, even though Ada's not as emotional as Claire, she still lets those feelings get in the way of her job and it will hinder her where as Jill has the advantage. Put something they both care about at stake while they're fighting and Ada's a goner.

Jill also has more field experience if I'm not mistaken, not to mention the fact that she's older and a little wiser. She's been through more. Someone earlier mentioned that Jill survived two outbreaks and Ada barely survived one. It's true! Ada's just not very good at the whole survival thing whereas it seems to come natural for Jill. (Even Rebecca survived two with no problem.)

Jill was enhanced in RE5 but not in the scene I was referring to. The scene I spoke of was a flashback before Wesker captured her; she was still human then.

Mr Sunshine

Romero;85635 said:
Isn't Jill physically enhanced in some way in RE5? It is my impression that RE5 Jill is much tougher than she was before. Is this wrong?

Jill was physically enhanced in RE 5 by some sort of device that was injecting her a virus all the time

However, Jill would not have been able to sustain such a device on her body if it weren't for the T-virus that has remained in her body since the destruction of Raccoon City. Well, She did got the antivirus but a harmless part of the T-virus is still inside her that gives her some sort of special endurance and that has to be why she survived such a high fall.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
How long does it take for the virus to zombificate a human? Similar as the plaga in RE4? That was quick.

Mr Sunshine

There's not a specific amount of time as far as I know. It takes from a few hours to even a week. It depends on the organism's immune system.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
Doesn't it also depend on whether or not you caught the virus while it was airborne? In RE1 when you're reading diaries and last words the viruses effects took a few days while it seems that being bitten usually takes anywhere between a few minutes to a few hours before you begin to change...? :confused:

Romero said:
That was a convincing, good reasoning, Maggie.

:lol: Well, I do try. I find it's always better to support your argument if you feel strongly about it and I feel very strongly about Ada not being as good as the hype.

Mr Sunshine

Magnolia Grandiflora;85680 said:
Doesn't it also depend on whether or not you caught the virus while it was airborne? In RE1 when you're reading diaries and last words the viruses effects took a few days while it seems that being bitten usually takes anywhere between a few minutes to a few hours before you begin to change...? :confused:

Yeah it depends on that as well I think. I don't remember all the reasons though.

Red Joker

The Black Ace
Considering Ada was beaten by Saddler while Jill was able to stand her ground against Wesker....Ada loses this...

Albert Valentine

Alluring Evil
Red Joker;85834 said:
Considering Ada was beaten by Saddler while Jill was able to stand her ground against Wesker....Ada loses this...

This. Jill has proven to be the most expert, professional and the most lethal female character in the series.

galactus

I like both in there own way:wub:

but I would put my money on Jill as well I agree with Magnolia Jill is more professional and Ada nearly got killed in all of the RE games she has been in (RE 2 by Mr X and RE 4 by saddler:rolleyes:) unlike Jill

so jill for the win:)

Top Bottom