• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 It's Official, after RE6 Resi will be action all the way.

Night@ookami

The Hunting Deity
just to put out there, konami kinda messed up on downpour. Nothing scary bout that besides the black hole, I want to see the same scaryness like in SH:3 or origins. Had good memories when playing on gamecube :D

sbr999

[sarcasm]Glad to hear that Capcom goes for the more action-oriented gameplay, just because we didn't have enough L4D, Killing Floor and COD zombie mods already. [/sarcasm]

But seriously, Capcom already got an action-focused zombie title already: Dead Rising.
What's the point of abandoning the roots of RE, which made the franchise so famous.
Sure FPS and action games might sell better. But - from my experience - noone played MW1 anymore once MW2 came out and so on. While still a lot of people who play classic SH2,SH3 and older RE titles.
That's the difference between survival horror games and the so-called 'trendy, best-selling' games.

But if Capcom really wanted to make more money off RE, they should just make more spin-offs like ORC, and keep the the main series the way it was.
That shouldn't **** of the old fans who preffer the survival horror aspect of the game, and it would satisfy the trigger-happy audince too, who don't like to think.
Yes, it might cost Capcom more money to develop more games, instead of focusing on the main RE, but they are a big company. I'm sure they won't go bankrupt, because of this.

just to put out there, konami kinda messed up on downpour. Nothing scary bout that besides the black hole, I want to see the same scaryness like in SH:3 or origins. Had good memories when playing on gamecube :D

Downpour might not have been as good as SH2, but it was a pretty decent game. Definitely better than SH4.
But the point is that, despite the new developers, the franchise didn't change drasticly like RE.

Doom guy

Grade one Hunter slayer

There were no silent hill games on the gamecube! lol

Silverback

Moving Mountains
So Capcom are being greedy again. Can't say I'm suprised.

This company was nothing, nothing, until we, what is now regarded as "the old fanbase" placed them as a company on a pedestal. We as a fanbase have remained loyal to Capcom for a long time, having developed a passion for the storyline of Resident Evil. I suppose, I shouldn't have assumed Capcom would remain faithful, should they have made it big.

People say the serie's evolved. It never evolved. The serie's jumped ship, albeit subtlety.

It jumped ship from Survival Horror... to Survival Action. Two rather large differences, when you think about it.

REmake was such a brilliant game. An entertaining storyline, decent amounts of action, puzzle-solving, fun characters and interesting monsters, all cased together by a significant theme to the serie's survival: Horror.

Despite having beaten Resident Evil Zero, REmake, Resident Evil 2, 3, the Outbreak titles and Code: Veronica numerous times, the serie's was still as inspiring as ever. They are still fun titles even to this day. However, the same cannot be said for Resident Evil 4. That title can get boring after thirty minutes or so.

To say that Survival Horror games don't sell well among modern genre's is a lie. As was already mentioned by TooCool74, just take a look at Dead Space. It sells fine, Capcom are just after more income. To have stayed with the company as long as I have and believe otherwise would be naive.

Call of Duty is a poor serie's anyway. Each game is a replica of the last with a small tweak, and I can guarantee you that if CoD's audience didn't entirely consist of trigger-happy children & people with no understanding of quality over quantity, the serie's would have died out by it's third sequel.

*Sigh*... I can't believe Capcom are doing this.. Years dedicated to what was such a captivating and fun mythology. All down the drain because, hey, money is far more important than what our fans are passionate about in the serie's.

Whatever happened to Resident Evil Outbreak: FILE 3?

Whatever happened to a Remake of Resident Evil 2?

Oh, of course, Capcom stopped listening. What was I thinking? :rolleyes:

You want more disposable income, Capcom? Try making the games I above just listed. I mean, what can go wrong? Fans have been begging for Outbreak File 3 for several years now. There have even been online petitions for this game. Thats how much the older fanbase enjoyed those titles. Yet, again, the company throw quality aside in favor of quantity.

That, ladies and gentlemen, is not very professional.

We could let them know how we in the first fanbase feel, but they're not likely to listen. We could start another petition, only for it to go ignored.

Conclusion: Capcom don't care about the very people that made them successful, are greedy, don't listen to their fanbase, and are a part of the Disc-Locked Content problem.

I don't know what else to say or do, but I will let you know one final thing: I've been let down. Again. Except this is worse.

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.
I wish people will please be quite on this subject from what I see here if they go action it will lose all its money and have to go back to the way they were.

Night@ookami

The Hunting Deity
Downpour might not have been as good as SH2, but it was a pretty decent game. Definitely better than SH4. But the point is that, despite the new developers, the franchise didn't change drasticly like RE.
Your right, Downpour has a good system with the combat but they put too much time into that and took out the scary, what happened to the fans wanting to be scared of nurses and **** scary nurses up? SH4 sucked because NO ONE wants to play silent hill in a room, and the game is about you in a room as well, just imagine if pyramid head dropped by we could have blood tea and old lady skin crackers for snack...

Their were no silent hill games for gamecube? You just screwed my memory because I remember playing origins but I dont remember playing it on ps2...I only played dragon ball z on ps2. Sorry I guess im mixing the conversation and my memory with silent hill and RE. Capcom2012?

So Capcom are being greedy again. Can't say I'm suprised.

This company was nothing, nothing, until we, what is now regarded as "the old fanbase" placed them as a company on a pedestal. We as a fanbase have remained loyal to Capcom for a long time, having developed a passion for the storyline of Resident Evil. I suppose, I shouldn't have assumed Capcom would remain faithful, should they have made it big.

People say the serie's evolved. It never evolved. The serie's jumped ship, albeit subtlety.

It jumped ship from Survival Horror... to Survival Action. Two rather large differences, when you think about it.

REmake was such a brilliant game. An entertaining storyline, decent amounts of action, puzzle-solving, fun characters and interesting monsters, all cased together by a significant theme to the serie's survival: Horror.

Despite having beaten Resident Evil Zero, REmake, Resident Evil 2, 3, the Outbreak titles and Code: Veronica numerous times, the serie's was still as inspiring as ever. They are still fun titles even to this day. However, the same cannot be said for Resident Evil 4. That title can get boring after thirty minutes or so.

To say that Survival Horror games don't sell well among modern genre's is a lie. As was already mentioned by TooCool74, just take a look at Dead Space. It sells fine, Capcom are just after more income. To have stayed with the company as long as I have and believe otherwise would be naive.

Call of Duty is a poor serie's anyway. Each game is a replica of the last with a small tweak, and I can guarantee you that if CoD's audience didn't entirely consist of trigger-happy children & people with no understanding of quality over quantity, the serie's would have died out by it's third sequel.

*Sigh*... I can't believe Capcom are doing this.. Years dedicated to what was such a captivating and fun mythology. All down the drain because, hey, money is far more important than what our fans are passionate about in the serie's.

Whatever happened to Resident Evil Outbreak: FILE 3?

Whatever happened to a Remake of Resident Evil 2?

Oh, of course, Capcom stopped listening. What was I thinking? :rolleyes:

You want more disposable income, Capcom? Try making the games I above just listed. I mean, what can go wrong? Fans have been begging for Outbreak File 3 for several years now. There have even been online petitions for this game. Thats how much the older fanbase enjoyed those titles. Yet, again, the company throw quality aside in favor of quantity.

That, ladies and gentlemen, is not very professional.

We could let them know how we in the first fanbase feel, but they're not likely to listen. We could start another petition, only for it to go ignored.

Conclusion: Capcom don't care about the very people that made them successful, are greedy, don't listen to their fanbase, and are a part of the Disc-Locked Content problem.

I don't know what else to say or do, but I will let you know one final thing: I've been let down. Again. Except this is worse.

I agree and disagree with you at the same time. I personally feel that RE4 was an evolvement. As much as I love the classic games with a passion I personally can't see the layout continuing in the modern day. Look at Mario, do you think people would be happy if they kept the same exact formula they had in the first few games with just better graphics? You said that COD games are all the same with small tweeks, I agree, however one could easily argue the same about the old REs. But RE was always far more interesting of course. COD looks boring and very much like a typical shooter, RE was unique had a deep story and could get away with that...But only for so long even with a initially happy fanbase.

The action element can kinda be seen coming, RE1, 2, 3, and Code Veronica all has mini games where you're doing nothing but running around shooting the zombies, nothing really scary about it, just added fun that feels more like action after you beat the main story. In Code Veronica, many of the scenes are very action oriented. Claire dodging bullets and diving from helecopters the scene where she dropped the gun and fell to the floor blowing up stuff behind her is pure action. You can even shoot in two different directions at a time depending on which gun you are using. I can't remember much of 3 since I have not played it in ages but I think I remember some action in that one too. Nemesis blowing up a helicopter is definately something you'd see in an action movie or game. Now, with that being said, action should have stayed the side dish of the series and not the main meal. RE5 and ORC disregards that. Give alittle more horror and puzzles to RE4 and im even happier with it.

Now storywise if you dig deep into the plot of RE, parasites and the story about the Las Plagas is not as far fetched as many people say IMO. Nemisis had a parasite, it is what made him more intelligent and superior to the other BOWs. Umbrella had spents years trying to find ways to control their BOWs, to me personally parasites and virus go hand in hand here. Ok, so the cult thing was kinda wack for RE, but it wasn't any worst than the Harry Potter wizard in RE0.

Btw, personally I remember alot of people complaining about Outbreak. I remembered alot of people didn't like it. :confused:

As for a REmake of RE2, I think it should be left in its glory the way it was. The way Capcom is nowadays they would just Phuck it up and probably change things to fit RE5's crappy story to make it seem like it was always suppose to be that way.

But yeah, Capcom are jerks. This is not just with the RE series. But DMC and Mega Man where the fans are just left standing with their mouths open in disbelief at Capcom's bold actions and words. Then they supply some BS "explanation" that doesn't even make sense or is simply not true.

Doom guy

Grade one Hunter slayer
Your right, Downpour has a good system with the combat but they put too much time into that and took out the scary, what happened to the fans wanting to be scared of nurses and **** scary nurses up? SH4 sucked because NO ONE wants to play silent hill in a room, and the game is about you in a room as well, just imagine if pyramid head dropped by we could have blood tea and old lady skin crackers for snack...

Their were no silent hill games for gamecube? You just screwed my memory because I remember playing origins but I dont remember playing it on ps2...I only played dragon ball z on ps2. Sorry I guess im mixing the conversation and my memory with silent hill and RE. Capcom2012?

For me, the first 4 sh games are great. It annoys me when fans rag onto sh4 becouse it was 'different'. I enjoyed it very much, sure the inventory system was annoying but that hardly breaks a game. Origens was, ok i suppose. Homecoming was just a peice of ****. Donwpour feels more close to the classic games.

^I see.
Listen to AlphaOmegaSin!!!!!
Love this guy! I don't always agree with his views but I love how passionate he is about games. I mean Khrist look at his game collection. That's what the gates of gamer heaven looks like. LOVE what he saids about RE and Angry birds and that is the point most of us are trying to make.

Everything he said in this video is so true!

Harry Sachz

Ancient Alien
If they stick with RE5's level of action, I wouldn't be disappointed, as long as it at least had ZOMBIES in it. They can even be the fast zombies, I don't care, as long as they're zombies. And this is how RE6 is looking, so I'm fine with it. Just the fact that they're zombies, rather than parasite-infected people, brings a little more horror of it's own.

Although, I would love it if they leveled out horror and action as well as they did in RE4. I think that game had the perfect mix of both, though it could've been even better if it had the fast zombies, like I said, with more dangerous, mutated creatures in the later portion of the game to up the difficulty some.

Top Bottom