• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 It's Official, after RE6 Resi will be action all the way.

Night@ookami

The Hunting Deity
Well to each his own I suppose,

But If Resident Evil ever change in such a drastic state as a explained above (not saying that it would) than I would be pretty shocked that anyone would consider that Resident Evil.

Just my opinion...

I agree only if the space pirates name is leon redfield and he plays RE:1 inside the game...REception?

Oh, my GOD!!! This is blasphamy! Capcom being full of s**t as usual. I swear if RE6 didn't look incredible I would not be buying it. Hell I feel ashame for supporting this one given Capcom's crap in the pass few years.

Let me just say that I thought RE4 was a masterpeice and a great evolvement for the series, add alittle more horror and im happy. But to me, RE5 was garbage, despite its resemblance to part 4 it felt nothing like 4 in the way I would have wanted to. No horror what so ever, constant daylight, a partner with you the whole time, and a crappy story that messed it up for me. (Lately i've been coming to comfort with what we have but I really wish we could just erase RE5's story.)

To think that Capcom is most likely going to abandon RE's roots is just, heartbreaking. I don't want another RE5, I want a RE that is either like 4 or like the older games. I would say more but it's pretty much already been said by Tocool74.

Btw, we may have to add to this list.

capcom-mistakes.jpg

hooky10

i think we should all be happy that the franchise is still going,as many a franchise as gone the way the dodo!capcom cant please everyone,if they go back to more survival horror they might lose newer fans and more action the older fans.im afraid money rules the world and i agree with kennedykiller lets just see how it evolves,as im sure we all dislike certain aspects of a game or games in the series.i for one like ZERO,1 and 4 and not fussed on 5

Damn you IGN!! You're damned video has turned us here at REN against one another!!
just looked-up IGN's admin,its run by an A.WESKER!!!lol

Mod edit: Merged.

i think we should all be happy that the franchise is still going,as many a franchise as gone the way the dodo!capcom cant please everyone,if they go back to more survival horror they might lose newer fans and more action the older fans.im afraid money rules the world and i agree with kennedykiller lets just see how it evolves,as im sure we all dislike certain aspects of a game or games in the series.i for one like ZERO,1 and 4 and not fussed on 5
Money is important but it isn't everything. Greed has caused many to fall in the past. And when you have a job like video game developer that is the kind of profession you go into because you have a passion what you're doing. If they want to get rich they should have became an entrepreneur or an attorney or something. Not to say they shouldn't want to make money but like I said, Capcom is just greedy.

If they do it right, they will probably be able to keep most of their fans if not all of them, you can't please everyone, I agree but ****ing off a large percentage is not a good idea either.

I also would rather see my francise just stop completely rather than have its name recognized as something it's not, another reason many people have such a big problem with live action movies from made from games.

hooky10

Money is important but it isn't everything. Greed has caused many to fall in the past. And when you have a job like video game developer that is the kind of profession you go into because you have a passion what you're doing. If they want to get rich they should have became an entrepreneur or an attorney or something. Not to say they shouldn't want to make money but like I said, Capcom is just greedy.

If they do it right, they will probably be able to keep most of their fans if not all of them, you can't please everyone, I agree but ****ing off a large percentage is not a good idea either.

I also would rather see my francise just stop completely rather than have its name recognized as something it's not, another reason many people have such a big problem with live action movies from made from games.
noble as it sounds that money isnt everything,and it isnt in my life.but it is everything in a capitalist world which most people reside.and perpetuates the games industry.and most entrepreneurs need money to start any venture and not everyone can be an attorney(thank god)as there is enough evil in the world already!lol

noble as it sounds that money isnt everything,and it isnt in my life.but it is everything in a capitalist world which most people reside.and perpetuates the games industry.and most entrepreneurs need money to start any venture and not everyone can be an attorney(thank god)as there is enough evil in the world already!lol
I know what you mean about money, but as I said in my last post, greed goes before a fall especially in this case. And I didn't mean those jobs in general I meant that there are other jobs that bring in more money if someone just wants to be rich.

ToCool74

Veteran Member
I know what you mean about money, but as I said in my last post, greed goes before a fall especially in this case. And I didn't mean those jobs in general I meant that there are other jobs that bring in more money if someone just wants to be rich.

I agree.

Was the Resident Evil series doing poorly in the sales department BEFORE they decided to take the "action oriented" route?

I'm pretty sure it was not.

It all boils down to Capcom wanting MORE money.

Resident Evil will always be a profitable series even if it had stayed with being purely survival horror but what it came down to was Capcom wanting to be a "big money maker" like COD and venture into their market.

I read on a forum where a member said it best....

"Why would you try to venture away from a market that your number one in (survival horror) and instead try to venture in to a market where it is dominated by the likes of Gears of War, Call of Duty,and Mass Effect."

hooky10

i agree sir,its hard to see sometimes with pound(dollar)signs in one's eyes

Reactions: 013

i agree sir,its hard to see sometimes with pound(dollar)signs in one's eyes
True, as crazy as it sounds there are moments, situations, and subjects where money just should not be the center. And I will admit, it kinda hurts to say that given my finacial situation.

Btw, im a female. :D

hooky10

True, as crazy as it sounds there are moments, situations, and subjects where money just should not be the center. And I will admit, it kinda hurts to say that given my finacial situation.

and i hope i didnt come across as having more money than bill gates,because believe me ive got as much finanical clout of a blind,one-legged hobo with numeracy problems

KKAAIIG

They want to embrace the action part more than the horror and mentioned call of duty being a big seller but not survival horror being a good seller... That just shows their lack of loyalty -_-

hooky10

sorry,just realised i agree MISS.lol

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Man...Lack of faith guys lol...Capcom hasn't changed things ALL that much...The issue is that we are all SO loyal to what we know, that even the smallest change that we don't like will send us into a frenzy...For example, Street Fighter, one of Capcoms best, and frankly THE best besides RE has NEVER done anything (With the exception of creating the character Dan) wrong...It has a great story and lovable, iconic characters...It's NEVER changed the way the game is played either...The combos from SFII are the same as the ones in SSFIVAE..Capcom changes things,yes...And I'll admit, they are in it for the money a lot of the times...But what it boils down to is us not wanting to get rid of the safety blanket and experience the new things they try out because it's not what we are used to...I'm just as guilty of this as all of us...I'm not saying everything is us as the players fault, but change is hard for nearly all, if not all humans...And when Capcom throws out comments saying things like "We are changing to make more money" will hack us off even further...But at the end of the day, we really must wait until we see and experience the change before we start hating it...It could just be a case of their mouth overloading their ass that has us in the frenzy right now, and things aren't as drastic as we would like to think...

Top Bottom