• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

If you could recast Chris Redfield who would you have play him?

KennedyShot

I'm just wondering if anyone else also thought Wentworth Miller wasn't that good of a Chris Redfield. And figured I would see who people think would be a good Chris Redfield Personally I think I would have went with David Boreanaz or Jensen Ackles.

KennedyShot

For Leon I always though Paul Walker would be better. I just don't see Ackles in that role. Not saying he couldn't pull it off. I just think Paul Walker would be a better choice. That said Ackles in Supernatural kinda looks like RE1 Chris.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
For Leon I always though Paul Walker would be better. I just don't see Ackles in that role. Not saying he couldn't pull it off. I just think Paul Walker would be a better choice. That said Ackles in Supernatural kinda looks like RE1 Chris.

I say yest to Boreanazz...But Leon is totally Ackles i'm sorry to say...however better than Boreanazz to me is Matt Damon...though i doubt he'd ever do the movie...also, it's not about LOOKING like the character, though that is important, but being able to BECOME the character...I think David and Damon could do that...

KennedyShot

Matt Damon if he was interested would be a pretty good Chris Redfield. That actually reminds me for Leon Leonardo Dicaprio expressed interest in the role. The fact that he was turned down shocked me as I also think he would have been another good choice.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Matt Damon if he was interested would be a pretty good Chris Redfield. That actually reminds me for Leon Leonardo Dicaprio expressed interest in the role. The fact that he was turned down shocked me as I also think he would have been another good choice.

I think he was probably turned down for the same POSSIBLE reason Bale was turned down...Anderson didn't want an A-list actor because they would steal the limelight from his beloved Milla...that's only my opinion of course...but it would make sense considering theyre married and all...but youre right, he would be a good choice...

KennedyShot

Oh I'm positive that's why You don't see anyone who is more Famous then Mila in these Movies Which honestly makes me worry about the Role of Leon. Considering both our primary choices are up there in Fame as well.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Oh I'm positive that's why You don't see anyone who is more Famous then Mila in these Movies Which honestly makes me worry about the Role of Leon. Considering both our primary choices are up there in Fame as well.

That's what i love about Jensen, and actually the same with Paul, is they've both been in a few things, but never really any blockbusters...taking a little from their fame...also, Anderson himself actually wanted Ackles at one point...so i just really hope he still does...btw, youre the first to agree with me about that Anderson/Milla thing...

KennedyShot

Not surprising on that. Most people think I'm just being Crazy when I point out that Anderson seems to make sure no one who is more Famous then Mila is in the RE movies. Also Yeah That is a good thing about Paul and Jensen Part of me thinks both have done that intentionally for when roles like this come up though. That said Paul Walker may be considered too recognizeable by Anderson due to his involvement in the Fast and Furious Franchise. and Same may sadly be said of Jensen cause of how big Supernatural has gotten.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Not surprising on that. Most people think I'm just being Crazy when I point out that Anderson seems to make sure no one who is more Famous then Mila is in the RE movies. Also Yeah That is a good thing about Paul and Jensen Part of me thinks both have done that intentionally for when roles like this come up though. That said Paul Walker may be considered too recognizeable by Anderson due to his involvement in the Fast and Furious Franchise. and Same may sadly be said of Jensen cause of how big Supernatural has gotten.

Youre right...Supernatural has gotten huge, which actually makes me feel good because i've been along on the road trip with the boys since the begging when they were looking for there dad and Sam wasn't physcic...but like i said...Anderson himself wanted Ackles, so there may be hope on my end...and people criticize the RE movies, but fans of the Fast movies have no room to talk if you ask me...my GOD Vin Deisal is awful...

KennedyShot

Yeah I hear you as a fan of both. I mean as much as Paul Walker gets called out on his acting even some of his toughest critics admit he is a better Actor then Vin Diesel. Which admittedly isn't saying much. His movies can be good but most would probably be way better with out him.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Yeah I hear you as a fan of both. I mean as much as Paul Walker gets called out on his acting even some of his toughest critics admit he is a better Actor then Vin Diesel. Which admittedly isn't saying much. His movies can be good but most would probably be way better with out him.

I've only liked one Vin D movie and it was because it was funny...the Pacifier...

KennedyShot

Yeah I like his action roles but always find myself thinking ok he writes decent movies but they would be better with a guy like Stone Cold Steve Austin playing the roles.

KennedyShot

You never Know Austin's problem is needs the right roles, Which I think those roles are taken by Diesel before he can get to them.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
You never Know Austin's problem is needs the right roles, Which I think those roles are taken by Diesel before he can get to them.

I'm not gonna lie...the only movie i know i've seen with him is see no evil...which was good, just didn't require a lot of acting ya know...

Top Bottom