• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

If Capcom were to kill off a main character for good...

If Capcom were to kill off a main character for good who would you choose?

• Total voters

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
I'm sorry but I just don't buy it. *shakes head* And with how gullible he is, I'm sure he wouldn't have even lasted this long at any rate.

Silverback

Moving Mountains
While I agree with both of you respectively, I think the fact that Leon, as a rookie, survived several conflicts with William Birkin makes him magic. :D

William, one of the most dangerous and life-threatening monsters in the entire series, gets bested by a rookie, several times.

Jay

K.I.N.G.
Who would it be? and why would that character fit best? I'm not saying to choose your least favorite character because they're "lame" and "stupid". Choose a character that you personally think would cause emotion if they were killed off for good.

I would choose Jill. Honestly, she's been the MAIN hero for this long, it would be a real surprise and shock if the died. It would also close her storyline, and a lot of people would respect her character even more. I thought what they did to her in RE5 was kind of lame IMO... She deserved something more dignifying than being captured, having her hair dyed blonde (I know it wasn't really "dyed") and having a "device" put on her chest.

I personally think Capcom needs to grow balls for once and kill off a main character, because at some point players will get bored and begin to think these characters are all immortal.
Right! I think Jill needs to die eventually. Chris and her have been partners long enough. Like when she saved him in RE5 by pushing Wesker out that window. Which was one hell of a fall. I still to this day don't know how she survived that. Plus if Capcom keeps revealing new characters eventually it'll be too many. We already don't see some forgotten old favorites like Barry, Rebecca, or Clair. But sadly Jill's fanbase is too high. Capcom would probably be too scared to do such a thing..

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Right! I think Jill needs to die eventually. Chris and her have been partners long enough. Like when she saved him in RE5 by pushing Wesker out that window. Which was one hell of a fall. I still to this day don't know how she survived that. Plus if Capcom keeps revealing new characters eventually it'll be too many. We already don't see some forgotten old favorites like Barry, Rebecca, or Clair. But sadly Jill's fanbase is too high. Capcom would probably be too scared to do such a thing..
You say we don't see old forgotten characters like Rebecca, Barry, and Claire...There hasn't been a call to bring in Claire...But she's not old and forgotten...She's part of the big4, Leon, Claire, Jill, and Chris...Besides, we saw here in the cannon movie Degeneration...As for Rebecca and Barry...Ya, it'd be nice to see them again..But realize they aren't main characters, and where they were stopped using was a fine time in the story to stop using them...People bring these two up a lot, and Billy for that matter, because they like them, not because it's necessary for Capcom to bring them back...

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.

I totally agree.

too-damn-high-meme-generator-jill-valentine-s-fanbase-is-too-damn-high-c562b0.jpg

Jay

K.I.N.G.
You say we don't see old forgotten characters like Rebecca, Barry, and Claire...There hasn't been a call to bring in Claire...But she's not old and forgotten...She's part of the big4, Leon, Claire, Jill, and Chris...Besides, we saw here in the cannon movie Degeneration...As for Rebecca and Barry...Ya, it'd be nice to see them again..But realize they aren't main characters, and where they were stopped using was a fine time in the story to stop using them...People bring these two up a lot, and Billy for that matter, because they like them, not because it's necessary for Capcom to bring them back...
I don't mean old and forgotten in a bad way. They just don't get the recognition like Chris, Jill, or Leon do mostly. They're side characters to the story but should be involved just a little more.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I don't mean old and forgotten in a bad way. They just don't get the recognition like Chris, Jill, or Leon do mostly. They're side characters to the story but should be involved just a little more.
I agree that they SHOULD be involved, and I'm all for bringing them back...But I don't think it's NECESSARY so if they don't bring them back or even rarely bring them back, there won't be an issue with the story at all...Hell, part of me doesn't want Barry back because by now he'll be too old to be such a badass character...I would LOVE to see Rebecca again, but it won't hurt the story if she isn't...Billy I don't think should be in the story again, just because I think his ending was very fitting...And Carlos...He's just ****in cool and I wanna see him again...But odds are against it, so it probably won't happen...

Jay

K.I.N.G.
I agree that they SHOULD be involved, and I'm all for bringing them back...But I don't think it's NECESSARY so if they don't bring them back or even rarely bring them back, there won't be an issue with the story at all...Hell, part of me doesn't want Barry back because by now he'll be too old to be such a badass character...I would LOVE to see Rebecca again, but it won't hurt the story if she isn't...Billy I don't think should be in the story again, just because I think his ending was very fitting...And Carlos...He's just ****in cool and I wanna see him again...But odds are against it, so it probably won't happen...
Looked up the RE wiki and found out Barry is 38. Which isn't too old. I think we can get some more outta em lol. All for Rebecca or Carlos anytime. Billy yeah. He ran off into the woods never to be seen again can be his ending. Though if he did come back as BSAA I'd be shocked out my mind.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Looked up the RE wiki and found out Barry is 38. Which isn't too old. I think we can get some more outta em lol. All for Rebecca or Carlos anytime. Billy yeah. He ran off into the woods never to be seen again can be his ending. Though if he did come back as BSAA I'd be shocked out my mind.
But is Barry 38 now, or at the time of the mansion incident? If he's that age NOW then ya, I can deal with seeing him ONE more time...

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
He was 38 in RE1. So following the time line he'd be 52 now...! Damn maybe they had Barry retire then lol
Ya, that seems about right...I thought he was in his 50's...Hell, Chris and Jill are gettin' to the point where they need to retire...Just leaving Leon and Claire, who are both considerably younger...

Jay

K.I.N.G.
Ya, that seems about right...I thought he was in his 50's...Hell, Chris and Jill are gettin' to the point where they need to retire...Just leaving Leon and Claire, who are both considerably younger...
Lol yeah. They'll have to pass down their gun to there trusted trainees to protect the world from bioterrorism

VP-70

The Confucius of ReNews...Cheers KK.
I think before i answer this i'd be more interested in cap com writing a decent script before we go killing anyone off. Because campcom have proven to us time and time again, that they havent got a clue when it comes to development.

LOL Maybe in RE6 they will kill off Leon, they have the perfect setting for it. It would be a real shocker too, especially if he sacrifices himself for Ada. To be honest, I never quite got their romance... She screws him over every time, yet he's still in love with her? He's at the top level of the friendzone.

I'm a fully confessed Leon Fan, he's the big cat of the Resident evil franchise. He's smooth, he's slick, he got skills, attitude, one liners, a cool jacket.. a hawt secret side kick....and of course..................

he's got.....well... take a look.

I don't believe RE requires any of its heroes to be bumped off.... what it needs to do is get some nuts and kill off Wesker, properly, and move on with new ideas and story lines... I mean look at wesker from RE then look at him in RE5. At some point, he's obviously became a fan of the matrix.

if it came to it though, id kill off Claire and Rebecca, and have Ada and Hunk step into the spot light.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
I'm sorry, but I don't really see the point in killing off people like Rebecca, Barry, Billy, Carlos, Sherry, Ada or HUNK; we don't even see these characters! Rebecca and Barry haven't been seen since the mansion incident and Billy before that, Carlos, Sherry and HUNK haven't been seen since before/right at Raccoon's destruction and, while I'm sure people could argue that Ada's a main character, she's not. She's a side character that follows Leon's story lines around and has no real standing on her own. (No matter how big a fan you are, no one's ever seen her without him; she is completely dependent on his story lines as a character, we'd probably never even see her again if Leon died or something.)

When people talk about main Resident Evil characters, I'm thinking the main four and Wesker. I'm also thinking that, while Jill has a sizable fan base, no one's fan base is bigger, crazier or like rabid fan boys/girls than Leon's. I've met quite a few people who don't like Jill but, as a Leon-hater who'd love to hobnob with other haters, I've never been able to find more than a handful. If anyone needs to be killed off simply because their fan base is too large, it's him.

Capcomplicated

The Lousy Architect
Premium
I'm sorry, but I don't really see the point in killing off people like Rebecca, Barry, Billy, Carlos, Sherry, Ada or HUNK; we don't even see these characters! Rebecca and Barry haven't been seen since the mansion incident and Billy before that, Carlos, Sherry and HUNK haven't been seen since before/right at Raccoon's destruction and, while I'm sure people could argue that Ada's a main character, she's not. She's a side character that follows Leon's story lines around and has no real standing on her own. (No matter how big a fan you are, no one's ever seen her without him; she is completely dependent on his story lines as a character, we'd probably never even see her again if Leon died or something.)

When people talk about main Resident Evil characters, I'm thinking the main four and Wesker. I'm also thinking that, while Jill has a sizable fan base, no one's fan base is bigger, crazier or like rabid fan boys/girls than Leon's. I've met quite a few people who don't like Jill but, as a Leon-hater who'd love to hobnob with other haters, I've never been able to find more than a handful. If anyone needs to be killed off simply because their fan base is too large, it's him.
Your hate for leon is palpable lol I'd say if the series doesnt kill him...you definitely will :D

Looking back on it I really dont think they should kill off Jill, I mean after what they did to her in RE5 that would just be salt in the wounds of fans of the series. If they were really going to kill off a main character i would hope it would either be Chris or Leon for two reasons. A. Since there are female characters leading along side the males it would be a fresh look into the revenge of a womans wrath if Jills partner died or if the new character develops enough rapport with leon or clair comes in as a sneak-in character. They could go a million ways with it. And B. It would give humanity back to the characters seemingly INVINCIBLE vibe they have going for them.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
Looking back on it I really dont think they should kill off Jill, I mean after what they did to her in RE5 that would just be salt in the wounds of fans of the series.
Exactly, I think too much has happened to Jill. If they'd like to get rid of her, I, as a fan, would have no problem with seeing her retire but killing her after completely screwing her over in RE5...I have no problems saying I'd be angry.

VP-70

The Confucius of ReNews...Cheers KK.
I think Jill was in her prime in RE3... her look and attitude was picture perfect.

Jill i think can get one more bite, if she returns to the bad-ass we know her as. she can put the '' look '' of RE5 down to being mind controlled....or something.

As for killing off someone because their fan base is too big... doesn't make sense... you don't get rid of your cash cow. Leon has plenty of milage to chew..........as well as Gum... and i look forward to un holstering the Vp-70 one more time :cool:

One thing is for certain though, capcom need to have a good think about their next step... because RE is going to end being a parody

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I don't know...I think Chris should be killed off...I mean...I may be a bit biased, because he's no where NEAR my favorite character, but at the same time I don't dislike him...I think he should be killed off because he's been in so many games in a row, and he's ALWAYS been the main character...But there has been such an emphasis on HIS development lately that no one else really has had a chance to develop...I mean...That's probably gonna change come RE6...But...Chris can go down in some badass way and really, I don't think too many fans will be upset...He's had an awesome run, so maybe an abrupt ending is what we need...Besides, he's getting up there in age...Idk...Chris, it's time for you to pass the torch my friend...And may I suggest you pass to a certain little sister that you trained up real good...

Top Bottom