• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

If Capcom were to kill off a main character for good...

If Capcom were to kill off a main character for good who would you choose?

• Total voters

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
Who would it be? and why would that character fit best? I'm not saying to choose your least favorite character because they're "lame" and "stupid". Choose a character that you personally think would cause emotion if they were killed off for good.

I would choose Jill. Honestly, she's been the MAIN hero for this long, it would be a real surprise and shock if the died. It would also close her storyline, and a lot of people would respect her character even more. I thought what they did to her in RE5 was kind of lame IMO... She deserved something more dignifying than being captured, having her hair dyed blonde (I know it wasn't really "dyed") and having a "device" put on her chest.

I personally think Capcom needs to grow balls for once and kill off a main character, because at some point players will get bored and begin to think these characters are all immortal.

Xi.

G-Infected Canadian Bacon
I would have to say Jill also, while i was playing through RE5 and came up to the part where Jill "died", i was left speechless, then when you confront Wesker the first time, and she is revealed, all that came across my mind was "really, Capcom? Jill made up a huge part of the Resident Evil storyline, and having her "die" would be tragic, emotional even, it was perfect!

I mean, taking Wesker with her out the window down a cliff at the Spencer Estate, sacrificing her own life to save Chris's, was definitely a heroic act, true companionship, friendship and all that, but when Wesker revealed the bird lady to be Jill, all that went down the drain.

The whole reason other then what RE5 became to be, that turned me down from it, that was what made RE5 my least favorite of the series.

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
I would have to say Jill also, while i was playing through RE5 and came up to the part where Jill "died", i was left speechless, then when you confront Wesker the first time, and she is revealed, all that came across my mind was "really, Capcom? Jill made up a huge part of the Resident Evil storyline, and having her "die" would be tragic, emotional even, it was perfect!

I mean, taking Wesker with her out the window down a cliff at the Spencer Estate, sacrificing her own life to save Chris's, was definitely a heroic act, true companionship, friendship and all that, but when Wesker revealed the bird lady to be Jill, all that went down the drain.

The whole reason other then what RE5 became to be, that turned me down from it, that was what made RE5 my least favorite of the series.

I totally agree with you. I personally think RE5 should of been more like LiN where the ending was Jill jumping out the window to save Chris in the end, and dying for good. Remember the RE5 trailer that showed Jill's grave? They completely edited that out of the game where as if they would've put that in it would've made the game 100% better to me... Plus Lost in Nightmares was actually pretty scary, all they had to do was add zombies and BAM you've got a perfect RE.

Reactions: Xi.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
Bye, bye, Leon. *waves cheerfully*

I just honestly don't see his relevance to anything, even in Resident Evil 2 he seemed to have nothing to do with the story and the entire time I was sitting there thinking: "But why is he here? What's he doing?" I'm sure it would be emotional for the fans since everyone seems to love him but I can't think of any way that this would effect any of the other characters. (Yet another reason killing him off would be ideal.)

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
Bye, bye, Leon. *waves cheerfully*

I just honestly don't see his relevance to anything, even in Resident Evil 2 he seemed to have nothing to do with the story and the entire time I was sitting there thinking: "But why is he here? What's he doing?" I'm sure it would be emotional for the fans since everyone seems to love him but I can't think of any way that this would effect any of the other characters. (Yet another reason killing him off would be ideal.)

If Capcom killed off Leon I wouldn't cry... Well yes I would, of laughter. I'd probably throw a party afterwards too. No offense to the Leon fans. He's just always been my least favorite character, I have my reasons... How many times has Capcom half assed killed someone btw? First there was Wesker (RE1), then Ada, Wesker again in CV, then Jill in RE5. Come on!!! I still don't believe Wesker is REALLY confirmed dead. How do we know he won't come back like Darth Vadar and robotic? Maybe Tricell managed to save his brain and put it into a cyborg centaur. I wouldn't be surprised.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
I would be surprised if they officially killed off another major character other than Wesker. I suppose if they did kill off anyone I would guess it to be either Ada or Leon and then during either death scene there would be a sad goodbye between the two as their true feelings for one another show.

It would be a very bold move to kill off Chris as well as a depressing moment for me personally. While I'm not completely against that idea, again it would be bold and even realistic since not everything ends happily, but I probably wouldn't play another Resident Evil game after that and not because I would feel bitter, per say, but because he is honestly the main character left (that Capcom uses) that I have any interest in.
Some people don't like him as a character and think he's too standoffish and/or boring. To me, though, he's a guy who tries not to get too comfortable with his surroundings and those in it because he's learned the hard way how easily those comforts can be taken away. He's an example of what years of physically and mentally fighting can have on a person. Despite havinging a dominant aloof attitude and focus on his job, he still has light-hearted moments and jokes...

Anyway if they did kill Chris off I would definitely be interested in Claire and or Barry seeking vengence.

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
I would be surprised if they officially killed off another major character other than Wesker. I suppose if they did kill off anyone I would guess it to be either Ada or Leon and then during either death scene there would be a sad goodbye between the two as their true feelings for one another show.

It would be a very bold move to kill off Chris as well as a depressing moment for me personally. While I'm not completely against that idea, again it would be bold and even realistic since not everything ends happily, but I probably wouldn't play another Resident Evil game after that and not because I would feel bitter, per say, but because he is honestly the main character left (that Capcom uses) that I have any interest in.
Some people don't like him as a character and think he's too standoffish and/or boring. To me, though, he's a guy who tries not to get too comfortable with his surroundings and those in it because he's learned the hard way how easily those comforts can be taken away. He's an example of what years of physically and mentally fighting can have on a person. Despite havinging a dominant aloof attitude and focus on his job, he still has light-hearted moments and jokes...

Anyway if they did kill Chris off I would definitely be interested in Claire and or Barry seeking vengence.

Yeah that would be sad if they killed Chris off... But then there could be RE7 and Claire's revenge! I think the most realistic option would be to kill off more of a side character because I'm sure Capcom wouldn't even think to kill the main hero of the game (Chris).

I wouldn't be surprised if say Barry shows up in RE6 and sacrifices himself for the team... Or even Sheva. Since they've already toyed with us before with Ada and Jill, I'm sure they won't try "killing" them again. Jill is like Jason from Friday the 13th. You could probably stab her, blow her up, then drown her and she'd still come back from the dead.

Doom guy

Grade one Hunter slayer
Yeah that would be sad if they killed Chris off... But then there could be RE7 and Claire's revenge! I think the most realistic option would be to kill off more of a side character because I'm sure Capcom wouldn't even think to kill the main hero of the game (Chris).

I wouldn't be surprised if say Barry shows up in RE6 and sacrifices himself for the team... Or even Sheva. Since they've already toyed with us before with Ada and Jill, I'm sure they won't try "killing" them again. Jill is like Jason from Friday the 13th. You could probably stab her, blow her up, then drown her and she'd still come back from the dead.

Ive always preferd the old version of chris, when he was still a stars member. Well, Konami killed off Harry mason in silent hill, and he is the franchises original, main charecter. Leon was scripted to appear in CV and also get killed off that game as well.

Sonnentreppe

wordy agronaut
Ada. I ADORE Ada, and that's why I'd to see her die (again). Leon is my second choice because his fanbase is getting a little out of control if you ask me... Claire comes in tired, but I don't wanna... Don't touch my Jill, and I don't think Chris is killable.. Killing off any other character would be a waste because I don't think as many people would care.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I vote Chris...You can kill him a million ways...I'm sure Capcom would still be able to make it look badass...I mean...RE5 did NOT do for me what RE4 did...You can get Leon killed a MILLION ways and they're all so different and shows the entire act...I want that with Chris...But I want him to stay dead...I don't want it as simple as bullet to the head or something...Or stabbed by a Tyrant...I think Chris should fall to an illness...Die in a hospital because the roids he took ****ed him up or something...Idk, but I just want him dead...

Capcomplicated

The Lousy Architect
Premium
What if you killed both Claire and Jill in the same game.... IF it is the ending to the series that would definitely put everyone on edge. It would give Chris the ultimate revenge plot against EVERYTHING living that had to do with the conspiracy or otherwise. Which would provide more depth to his already beloved character. And it doesnt necessarily seem dull from a writers point of view being just one death to work with. OR you could have both Chris and Jill/Claire die giving Jill or Claire that role. Claire could easily step into her brothers shoes after surviving both Re2 and CvX. And Jill is...well Jill.

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.
I vote Sherry. She may have only been in one game but she ruined resi 2 for me

Silverback

Moving Mountains
Either Jill, Carlos, or Leon.

Jill, for reasons stated above, Leon because Capcom turned him into a douchebag, and Carlos because in all honesty, he was never all that interesting to me in the first place. Plus that faggy accent...

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
Either Jill, Carlos, or Leon.

Jill, for reasons stated above, Leon because Capcom turned him into a douchebag, and Carlos because in all honesty, he was never all that interesting to me in the first place. Plus that faggy accent...

LOL Maybe in RE6 they will kill off Leon, they have the perfect setting for it. It would be a real shocker too, especially if he sacrifices himself for Ada. To be honest, I never quite got their romance... She screws him over every time, yet he's still in love with her? He's at the top level of the friendzone.

Silverback

Moving Mountains
LOL Maybe in RE6 they will kill off Leon, they have the perfect setting for it. It would be a real shocker too, especially if he sacrifices himself for Ada. To be honest, I never quite got their romance... She screws him over every time, yet he's still in love with her? He's at the top level of the friendzone.
Just another reason not to like his character anymore, lol.

Top Bottom