• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 4 How long did it take you to complete this game?

Gar Bageman

The Spirit of Rock 'n' Roll
I remember my best time being somewhere around the three hour mark. I probably couldn't do that now without a little practice. It's been a few years since I've played it!

HappyLeech

Queen of the tl;dr
I'm replaying it again (For, like, the 8th or 9th time b/c I got the HD version on my ps3) and I'm just about done with the castle at 9 hours. (Chapter 4 or something? idk...its late and I'm lazy) I'm not sure what my fastest completion time is though...my old files all got deleted off my wii :C So I'm startin again on the ps3, sigh
(My usual completion time for games when I replay them is 10 hours...or at least it is in Silent Hill)

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.
I'm replaying it again (For, like, the 8th or 9th time b/c I got the HD version on my ps3) and I'm just about done with the castle at 9 hours. (Chapter 4 or something? idk...its late and I'm lazy) I'm not sure what my fastest completion time is though...my old files all got deleted off my wii :C So I'm startin again on the ps3, sigh
(My usual completion time for games when I replay them is 10 hours...or at least it is in Silent Hill)
Silent hill games usually aren't too long after the second time because you know what to do with the puzzles. Also, I'm sure there will be a point where you've beat is so many times you can't count. Like Me! Maybe 40 times?

weskerondope

my favorite strategy was to simply buy a rocket launcher before every bossfight
that way i didnt have to get stuck on the bosses forever and when they are killed they give you lots of money anyway

Devinelogic

I did a speed run on easy mode and it took me 4 1/2 hours. I did it with the chicago typewriter and infinite rocket launcher.

ProMode

I've never tried a speed run before. A normal play through for me (without completing the shooting ranges) with normal weapons takes about 12.5 hours. I wish I new how long my first game was but that was years ago..

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
I can beat RE4 in about 7 hours. YMMV, but I'm also a kleptomaniac and collects every piece of treasure.

Ganado

Floundering in the savage doorway
started in 2005
finished in 2008

That makes me feel better, was thinking that 60 plus hours on easy mode was pretty shambolic. A ridiculous amount of that time was spent trying to beat Salazar with practically no ammo, eventually I traded in most of my gear for a rocket launcher but felt really cheap for doing so.

Maestro

Sniper Wolf
Premium
At th first time, I finished RE4 in more or less 16 hours. After getting better weapons- less than four. But when I played last time a New Game on Normal (PS3 version) I get 7 hours, so it was not so bad ;)

ArabPikachu

Don't remember how long it took me to beat the game for the first time

After I repurchase and replay this game, might as well write down my new completion time

Top Bottom