• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 4 How long did it take you to complete this game?

T Dot

I read on another forum someone did it in 5hrs... tbh I find that hard to believe my currently playing time is just over 5hrs and I'm only near the end of chapter 2!, so how long did it take you to beat?

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
When this game first came out, it was a fresh idea which made it different from all the previous games, it took me about a week to complete it. but if you use the better weapons in the game I think you could probaly run through in about 2-3 hours, if your fast lol.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
5 hours sounds like a speed run, and 2-3 hours sounds like the olympics.

When I complete the game, I'll have no idea of how much time I spent. The game clock stopped at 99:59:59 which is a bit stupid.

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
If I'm not mistaken, which I'm not!! mauahah! your time for Resi4 is under 3 hours aintnoscrub actually, thats a pretty good speedrun time lol

ConvictedMP5

i like RE4 but the only reason i hate it is cuse how long it is! my first time around i beat it in 23:48:16.

ResidentZelda

considering that I had to restart when I was in the island because I had wasted my ammo like a kid eating candy it took me about 2 weeks to finish it for the first time

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
echoey;60704 said:
If I'm not mistaken, which I'm not!! mauahah! your time for Resi4 is under 3 hours aintnoscrub actually, thats a pretty good speedrun time lol

:):))))

of course your not mistaken, its the truth and im sticking to it

T Dot

Godzilla90s;60706 said:
i like RE4 but the only reason i hate it is cuse how long it is! my first time around i beat it in 23:48:16.
Yeah all these people saying they did it in 5hrs and under, are really making me confused! I think its a bloody long game!

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
My first round was something around 36 hours, but my latest round was 4 hours and 4 minutes and even then I was still opening vases and stuff. I think once you get the hang of it and know what you've got to do and where you have to go, it doesn't take nearly as long. Besides, having the CT helps knock off those hours as well...

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
aintnoscrub;60689 said:
echoey is right.
2-3 hours is the speed run time.
im sorry but if your at the end of chapter 2 with 5 hours, your doing something seriously wrong.
He's not doing something wrong if he's having fun.

At the big lake (chapter 1-3) I had been using 43 hours. I had not been doing anything wrong except that I had forgot to pause the game a few times. But I did use many hours to get that far, it took alot of time to get all those gold eggs at the farm lol. I filled the attache case with gold eggs several times and made a huge profit. All in all I've collected and sold about 150 gold eggs. I had fun so I didn't do anything wrong. (But I doubt I'll care about farming in the future, I think I've had enough of it lol.)

Also, to add to the difficulty I usually use the retry option when my marksman accuracy drops below 100%. That takes alot of extra hours.
I'm currently at the clock tower in chapter 4-1 and here the game clock stopped at 99:59:59. :huh:
Now I'm having fun with the "one shot two kills" tactic (get two or more enemies in a line and blast their heads off with one rifle shot). :cool:
I make more moeny from selling ammo etc than I do from selling treasures (I never sold a treasure because I never had to).
I don't know how many hours the game has been idle, probably more than 10, perhaps more than 20 hours in total.

Perhaps I'm playing the game very very wrong, but all I care about is having fun with it. :p

L

Lurker
my first round was 08:36:??.
Who cares about seconds anyway. After my infinite weapons i could beat it in about 3:27:??

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
That's a good time, Rathit. (I hope you're having fun before the game is over...)

T Dot

aintnoscrub;60689 said:
echoey is right.
2-3 hours is the speed run time.
im sorry but if your at the end of chapter 2 with 5 hours, your doing something seriously wrong.
No I just like to explore everything, I admit I have been stuck a few times but overall I like to try everything.

Pancham Cutie

The Cute Pancham
Premium
I think on my first time through the game I think it took me about 20 hours.

I think that my shortest playthough was probably about 7 hours. Maybe longer. It is really long if it is your first time through, but once you get weapons like the Chicago Typewriter or the infinte Rocket Launcher and possible the Handcannon then you can go through alot faster.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
I don't know how much the super weapons helps completing the game fast. When people are doing those crazy speed runs (2-3 hours) I think they dodge almost all enemies and mostly kill the bosses. If it was not for the bosses they would not need any weapon lol. Am I right?

T-Vaccinated Kid

Neo-Umbrella Head Zoologist
I just finished RE4 for the first time. It took me 18 hours and 42 minutes. I like to kill everything (except for the nice dog in the beginning) and explore everywhere to make sure I get as much ammo and money as possible. I had about 900 kills at the end.

StoicFC

First run through for me was 26 hours 32 minutes. I ran back to the merchant a lot after I found treasure, so. That Killed my time

Top Bottom