• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Forever alone... Or Never alone?

letmelive311

yes I do love the philosophical knowledge of Aristotle. Its wasn't until my first year of college *last year* that I grew to appreciate it. My teacher was a funny and intelligent man who taught me the readings of many greats. ex: Kant, Buddha, Socrates and Sotre to name a few. of them all, Aristotle was my favorite. He seemed to share the same ideas as me before I had even lay an eye on his writings. His message was simple...you must treat yourself well if you want to be successful and loved in return. I myself try my best to proceed in doing so. there was a girl at school, she was shy and socially awkward, no one ever got the chance to get to know her because she was ugly and everyone thought she was weird. But I sat with her at lunch and made her feel loved, everyone would pick on me saying she was my lover and taunting me, but I knew I had to do the right thing because deep down I knew she needed my help. I thought that she would hurt herself if she didn't have one friend. Helping her not only made her feel good but it made my heart feel bigger. I felt like I had a purpose to the world. It is crazy what a small thing can do to save some one. I found that most people in this world cant find a way to put down their ipone let alone appreciate the life that they have. If they even realize that everyone has problems, we would all laugh at our own and try to change the world together... but everyone is selfish. I wish it was back in the good old days when Socrates would walk around blabbing at people with his tattered robe and arrogance filled wit. At least the entertainment back then was useful knowledge, now its just dumb tv shows. anyway done with my rant and more about you. what philosophical subjects fascinate your interest?

What you did for that girl is an amazing thing! And that feeling of your heart feeling bigger and you feeling like your helping the world, is exactly what I'm talking about. That is the key to pure happiness, its helping other people, fighting for a cause even with out recognition, because in your heart is the strongest recognition of doing the right thing, and its long lasting. Someone can take your possessions away, or you run out of money that makes you happy, but nothing can take away those moments where you helped someone in need.

Again SVP, I think your awesome! (my favorite word) Its truly great to find people like you to share deep understanding with. I agree with you and that the world is full of selfish people, and I really believe it has to do with what society teaches us is important, or implements. Business, money, economy, getting things now etc. Television and stupid shows only numbs brains from the true messages of life and what are potential thinking. I wish there where more philosophers out there today that made a difference in the world like Socrates and Aristotle etc.

The philosophical subjects that drive me are Aristotle’s work on earth, and the elements. This may have been considered is alchemist work, but I think there is more to it. I believe he was discussing the balance of earth and what elements are needed to keep that balance of earth. (I'm actually using this in a book I am writing)

Also Edward abbey, and John Muir though not philosophers, are nature conservationists/ environmentalists I look up to and in many of their words are hidden philosophy that I savor because its so beautiful.

Sorry I went off on a tangent, did I answer your question lol.

svp

Ive been meaning to reply back to this, thanks for the Awesome compliment lol I do think society has changed for the worse by the development of technology. In turn it is a double edged sword because it helped us advance in many ways. It just bothers me to see people always texting and rambling on their phones. a while back, I was sitting on a beautiful beach by a bonfire with my cousins, they were all on their phones doing instagram and fb . that ****ed me off because they did not have the brains to focus on the beauty of nature in front of them. Society needs to ban some products, because pretty soon.....we will all end up like the fat people from Wall-E. From time to time, I always wish I had a time machine; the type of machine that could take me to the Ancient Roman period or the Renaissance. that would be a technological advancement that would be well worth it, At least we can learn about life from it. The things you say about the elements and life on earth, that is very interesting, what is your book about? are you planning on being an environmentalist? my college has a great program for that and maybe its worth getting into. That is great that you are respectful of the earth and its organisms, it is shameful to me the amount of people that I met who are Hippocrates when it comes to saving our planet. They say they care but they throw cigs out the window and trash the lakes and oceans. sorry about my tangent this time around, Yes you did answer my question ;)

letmelive311

Ive been meaning to reply back to this, thanks for the Awesome compliment lol I do think society has changed for the worse by the development of technology. In turn it is a double edged sword because it helped us advance in many ways. It just bothers me to see people always texting and rambling on their phones. a while back, I was sitting on a beautiful beach by a bonfire with my cousins, they were all on their phones doing instagram and fb . that ****ed me off because they did not have the brains to focus on the beauty of nature in front of them. Society needs to ban some products, because pretty soon.....we will all end up like the fat people from Wall-E. From time to time, I always wish I had a time machine; the type of machine that could take me to the Ancient Roman period or the Renaissance. that would be a technological advancement that would be well worth it, At least we can learn about life from it. The things you say about the elements and life on earth, that is very interesting, what is your book about? are you planning on being an environmentalist? my college has a great program for that and maybe its worth getting into. That is great that you are respectful of the earth and its organisms, it is shameful to me the amount of people that I met who are Hippocrates when it comes to saving our planet. They say they care but they throw cigs out the window and trash the lakes and oceans. sorry about my tangent this time around, Yes you did answer my question ;)

I agree with the Wall-E comment, and I thought the same exact thing when I watched it. I would have been ****ed too at the bonfire too. I mean watching fire is amazing on its own, and the tranquil trance your mind goes into watching the flames dance is amazing, and your friends missed out. I do occasionally go on instagram and tweet, but not very much, I use them to keep in touch with family I don't live close too. But your right, and I agree, its a burden sometimes and others its a blessing. I think we need to figure out another way of communication other then cell phones anyways, i think back to land lines. cell phones can lead to brain tumors/ cancer. And every cell phone has the rare metal cobalt that is mined in Africa and uses illegal child labor, and children that can't finish there work, get beaten or killed. This is the kind of stuff that makes me sick, and hense why I never want to shop at walmart again. (going to stop while im ahead at another tangent)

Yes I am probably going to get into an environmental program. The environement is something important to me, and for the future of children. It kills me to think, that when I have children (god please bless me with them) I will read them a story book about polar bears, and i have to explain to them that they are not around anymore. They might as well be a fantasy beast like dragons and unicorns. What school are you speaking of? I was looking into Oregon to go to school. Theres lots of tree hugger programs there :D.

My book...i try not to talk about. I'm paranoid that someone can steal my work. But for sure I'm publishing it in two years. I have a tattoo behind my ear to remind me of this goal and to not give up. That would be stupid for me to get a tattoo then not do anything about it. But i can say one thing about my book. I want to drive the curiosity of young minds about the earth and its wonders, to let them see how they can be hero's just by paying attention to the details of earth, and using a bit of fantasy and mystery i hope to draw your minds in to get hooked on the truth of earth and life.

Reactions: svp

svp

yes I greatly enjoy watching fire as well; It makes a beautiful dance, I can be a pyro at times! the child labor in China is a problem as well, we should aether boycott their industry's until the owners treat them better, or rely on making our own goods for once. but that will never happen :( The whole Olympic uniform scandal should of been enough of a disgrace for our country. I am happy that you have found your passion, it is taking a while to find mine.The environment is a very important subject to study, because while the motors are roaring, the trees are dying. We need to save our planet before we live in Fraggle Rock! lol. luckily we are fortunate to have scientists that are finding solutions for solar energy houses and electoric/ hydro powered cars. America isn't always improving, but in the science and technology dep. we are top notch. And Polar Bears will not go extinct!! not with you on this planet! The school I speak of is Suny Purchase in White plains NY, it is a great school for the arts and environment. It has many academy award winning Alum. cool, your book sounds like something I have never heard of before, very original. Once you have it published I would love to read it! are you talking about how paying attention to nature can help you with our self and spirituality? is it like God's unknown elements that he is telling people about subliminally through nature? like the way DMT is supposedly a plant that triggers a chemical component in your brain that gives you the experience of birth and dying? I know, so many questions but I am curious!! you have me itching for more lol

letmelive311

yes I greatly enjoy watching fire as well; It makes a beautiful dance, I can be a pyro at times! the child labor in China is a problem as well, we should aether boycott their industry's until the owners treat them better, or rely on making our own goods for once. but that will never happen :( The whole Olympic uniform scandal should of been enough of a disgrace for our country. I am happy that you have found your passion, it is taking a while to find mine.The environment is a very important subject to study, because while the motors are roaring, the trees are dying. We need to save our planet before we live in Fraggle Rock! lol. luckily we are fortunate to have scientists that are finding solutions for solar energy houses and electoric/ hydro powered cars. America isn't always improving, but in the science and technology dep. we are top notch. And Polar Bears will not go extinct!! not with you on this planet! The school I speak of is Suny Purchase in White plains NY, it is a great school for the arts and environment. It has many academy award winning Alum. cool, your book sounds like something I have never heard of before, very original. Once you have it published I would love to read it! are you talking about how paying attention to nature can help you with our self and spirituality? is it like God's unknown elements that he is telling people about subliminally through nature? like the way DMT is supposedly a plant that triggers a chemical component in your brain that gives you the experience of birth and dying? I know, so many questions but I am curious!! you have me itching for more lol

your right the U.S. needs to stop all trade, and business with China. Their quality is not great at all, and how they treat their people is ridiculous. The biggest "duh" is we are supporting a communist country. Didn't the U.S. go all out crazy years ago to get rid of all communists, and now we want to do business with them. JUST RIDICULOUS. I will definitely have to check out this program in NY that you speak of, who knows. But I really wanted to go to Oregon to stay on the West Coast with family, and in Oregon there are Tree planting/ tree science/ soil projects going on that I would love to take part in. Your right the trees are dying, and forests are consuming way to much burning fuel to keep up with the plague of humans. Thus I think we need to figure out ways to protect, grow and enhance the forests first, or just as fast we are getting into this green technology. There are some amazing things going on in Cali (this is where I secretly live) I live close to cal tech and have friends that go there, they are up to amazing things in there. That would be my dream to attend Cal tech. Cal tech had an entire house you could walk through that was making its own energy threw solar panels, and every material used to make the house was environmentally friendly. It was the first house to be 100% green. But its only one, and they are looking into making it less complex to have it as a building alternative.

As for my book, It is, My hopes is for it to be very original (like harry potter) and be just as addicting and fun to read for young minds, and adults. I will include that nature helps with spirituality. (in a creative way) I don't know what DMT is that you mentioned. But I have made notes on experiences a character will face of the world being born and dieing.

It's awesome I struck your curiosity, that's what drives us as humans, and that's what i tend to harness well in my book, too keep you reading. To drive human curiosity into the world of wilderness to awaken a strong spirit and truth. I will definitely let all my friends know about my book I will publishing. I will send personal copies to everyone who has supported me over this time, with a message and signature. I'm going to need all the readers I can get too, I want this book to be big, but not because I want to get money, but because I want to add to the desperate change young minds need to help this earth, that needs its children. That would be my ultimate goal from writing. To inspire young minds to think for themselves and choose paths that help the greater good and not what society/ government wants them to do. Because passion is the greatest payment in working.

you SVP seem like a very passionate person about many things, and you are very intelligent, and have a wise spirit. You will find what you are destined to do. What helped me was take various classes in college, and the ones I just got passionately angry about doing something to help, I took that as signal that that is my path.

svp

your right the U.S. needs to stop all trade, and business with China. Their quality is not great at all, and how they treat their people is ridiculous. The biggest "duh" is we are supporting a communist country. Didn't the U.S. go all out crazy years ago to get rid of all communists, and now we want to do business with them. JUST RIDICULOUS. I will definitely have to check out this program in NY that you speak of, who knows. But I really wanted to go to Oregon to stay on the West Coast with family, and in Oregon there are Tree planting/ tree science/ soil projects going on that I would love to take part in. Your right the trees are dying, and forests are consuming way to much burning fuel to keep up with the plague of humans. Thus I think we need to figure out ways to protect, grow and enhance the forests first, or just as fast we are getting into this green technology. There are some amazing things going on in Cali (this is where I secretly live) I live close to cal tech and have friends that go there, they are up to amazing things in there. That would be my dream to attend Cal tech. Cal tech had an entire house you could walk through that was making its own energy threw solar panels, and every material used to make the house was environmentally friendly. It was the first house to be 100% green. But its only one, and they are looking into making it less complex to have it as a building alternative.

As for my book, It is, My hopes is for it to be very original (like harry potter) and be just as addicting and fun to read for young minds, and adults. I will include that nature helps with spirituality. (in a creative way) I don't know what DMT is that you mentioned. But I have made notes on experiences a character will face of the world being born and dieing.

It's awesome I struck your curiosity, that's what drives us as humans, and that's what i tend to harness well in my book, too keep you reading. To drive human curiosity into the world of wilderness to awaken a strong spirit and truth. I will definitely let all my friends know about my book I will publishing. I will send personal copies to everyone who has supported me over this time, with a message and signature. I'm going to need all the readers I can get too, I want this book to be big, but not because I want to get money, but because I want to add to the desperate change young minds need to help this earth, that needs its children. That would be my ultimate goal from writing. To inspire young minds to think for themselves and choose paths that help the greater good and not what society/ government wants them to do. Because passion is the greatest payment in working.

you SVP seem like a very passionate person about many things, and you are very intelligent, and have a wise spirit. You will find what you are destined to do. What helped me was take various classes in college, and the ones I just got passionately angry about doing something to help, I took that as signal that that is my path.
You are right, we should not support a Communist country because that goes against everything our nation stands for, but unfortunately we trade with them for our economic benefit in many ways. After all, they take care of the hard work for us, their labor is brutal but it it benefits us from having to work extra hard for our manufacturers. We don't want to have more minimum wage workers in the US. NY has a lot of great schools, most difficult to attend, but with hard work it is well worth it. I think you should check it out, butt I understand that you want to be near your family, Family always should come first. That was the main reason why I transferred from a college in Boston, because it was three hours from where I lived ( CT) I missed my family too much. Plus it was harder to get away from my boring suit case school on the weekends. Now everything has changed, I cant wait to attend my new school. Ny is beautiful, it is not what everyone thinks it is with its glam and lights. It has a lot of nature and beauty as well. Have you every been out east? I am originally from Long island. If you ever do come here I recommend you coming in the fall. The air is so crisp and the red/orange leaves look like a post card. That is all of the north east! as for your plans, I am happy you want to pursue your passion on creating a better planet and I hope you continue your education where your heart desires. :)
DMT is a drug that you can smoke, I am not a user of any type of drug, the reason why I know this is because I have researched a lot about spirituality and natural substances that cause the unknown areas of life to appear. The drug is suppose to give you this un describable feeling that can make you see God and experience other organisms, possibly extraterrestrial. haha I know I sound crazy, but I guess you can call me gullible. I tend to believe the un believable, but that's what quenches my curiosity for knowledge. If you want to know more about it there is a u tube video that the discovery channel did, it is legid...there are scientist looking into the DMT chemicals and how they create the sensation.
I'm sure your book will be a best read for anyone with a brain in their head. Any one with a brain that feeds on expanding their understanding of life its self. you are right about making change! especially with our youth. Kids need a good role model now. they don't need another good for nothing Kim Kardashian to teach them about life, they need people with a purpose...people like you! just one person publishing a book on the environment makes it one step closer for a safer future...a future with polar bears and maybe even Do Do birds. Just keep doing what god put you on this planet to do. :) in my opinion, everyone has a purpose. Your purpose is to teach the future's citizens about our planet. And thanks again for your sweet heart and guidance, I will try to take as many courses as I can in order to pursue my dreams. Thank you for being so kind, only a handful of people have told me I was intelligent and that is because no one likes to have deep conversations anymore :( the only thing my guy friends seem to care about is the next stupid movie or "getting drunk". Thanks Letmelive you helped me get a lot of things off my mind.

letmelive311

Ok I guess I see your point in how we do need some labor in China...I guess we have to work with China because the U.S. wants to represent peace with other nations.

I haven't been to the east coast yet. (But I'm sure I will visit now to meet up with a REN friend :)) I have only seen pictures of fall on the east coast. But I'm sure pictures don't do it justice. I love nature, and I'm sure I will fall in love with it where ever I go.

That DMT sounds interesting. Ill have to watch the video on it. very curious. I don't do any drugs either, and have never tried anything but beer and hard liquor. I just like you believe the unbelievable but more with the holy land, and the Vatican. Since A young age I have had experiences (miracles) that have showed me God, and help expand my faith in the world and life. So far in my life I have walked away from death twice, and each time seeing a sign of God. I even believe sometimes that my creative mind is able to see messages from god, (Coincidences that only one would know if they read your mind, and who else would know your mind and heart but God?) For example My first airplane flight, we hit bad turbulence, and I was so afraid, to the point of fainting. Then I sat back in my seat trying to relax and pray and when I opened my eyes and looked out the window a rainbow crossed the plane wing. No one but God (and those I share this story with now ) would know that the story of the great floods is something I hold dear in my heart, and whenever I see a rainbow I know that is a promise from God that all is well. So seeing that rainbow was a sign for me that God heard my prayer and is watching. Coincidences like that happen all the time to me, its super weird but i feel blessed that my mind might be open to the voice of god but threw sight and feeling. Its an awesome sensation.

Thank you for all your great compliments, and inspirational words to keep going. I definitely will keep pushing forward with my dream. I really hope to reach the young generation that has a brain, and for the others that don't have much of a brain to draw on their curiosity to open up their awareness.

I'm so glade that I can have deep conversations with you, and you like having them. If your ever up for a in depth conversation I am up for it! Or if you just want to let something off your mind, just tell me! lol I don't mind, and actually love to listen rather then get drunk, though I like talking about the occasional movie.

p.s. Love your comment about Kim Kardasian. I think this world would be a better place without her.

svp

I think God is watching over you just like an Angel, obviously there is something special about you if you had the heart to cut your hair for a loved one.:) He sees a great accomplishment from creating you, because the world has very few good spirited people with wise natures and virtues. I do think that is an inspirational and magnificent epiphany that happened to you. An Epiphany that only God's hands can create. through out the centuries, people have been asking themselves...is there a God? and if so why is he not helping the dark world? why is he not answering my prayers? only the spirited and patient can try to answer those questions properly. question one, yes there is a God and only those who fully believe in the greatness of life it's self can fully absorb themselves in him. In other words, sometimes you have to believe in the unbelievable in order to see it through...after all we know what we dont know, but we don't know what we don't! think about that lol....god is with us in spirit. question two, God may not seem like he is not helping our world because we don't allow him to! our society has driven far beyond the depths of old religion that he stopped believing in us, if only we can show him once again! back then, society didn't have these new branches of faiths and all these made up cults, yes there were some rebels (Socrates) but at least they preached faith and knowledge to the people, not corrupted it. It is weird now a days....the rebels in 2012 are against old religion. and the rebels back then (Martin Luther) were the ones to help bring religion back. I know our own society (America circa 1700) wanted to rebel against the king because of over baring religions faith. But we have to realize what our nation was all about! Life liberty and pursuit of happiness and also "one nation under God" our ancestors established our country with God's guidance. to answer the last question "why doesn't God answer us?" its what you make of it! when it comes to a tragic death of a loved one, there is nothing prayers can do if God needs him/her with him...it sucks but it is what the downside of fate does to people's lives. My opinion is that he tries to answer as many prayers as he can, but the ones he cant answer he will try to repay them in other ways down the line. ....it all takes time. :) have you ever felt like death and bad things always happen to the "good people"? that is because he is using them to make an army in heaven! only the good people are made into brave angel soldiers!

sorry for such a long answer lol :D I have a lot to say....spirituality and ethics is my favorite subject. I know God is with you and your sister and I am happy that you take the time to talk to me, especially read all my crap lol you can talk to me any time hun ;) What do you think guardian angels and heaven? are you a Catholic?

letmelive311

I think God is watching over you just like an Angel, obviously there is something special about you if you had the heart to cut your hair for a loved one.:) He sees a great accomplishment from creating you, because the world has very few good spirited people with wise natures and virtues. I do think that is an inspirational and magnificent epiphany that happened to you. An Epiphany that only God's hands can create. through out the centuries, people have been asking themselves...is there a God? and if so why is he not helping the dark world? why is he not answering my prayers? only the spirited and patient can try to answer those questions properly. question one, yes there is a God and only those who fully believe in the greatness of life it's self can fully absorb themselves in him. In other words, sometimes you have to believe in the unbelievable in order to see it through...after all we know what we dont know, but we don't know what we don't! think about that lol....god is with us in spirit. question two, God may not seem like he is not helping our world because we don't allow him to! our society has driven far beyond the depths of old religion that he stopped believing in us, if only we can show him once again! back then, society didn't have these new branches of faiths and all these made up cults, yes there were some rebels (Socrates) but at least they preached faith and knowledge to the people, not corrupted it. It is weird now a days....the rebels in 2012 are against old religion. and the rebels back then (Martin Luther) were the ones to help bring religion back. I know our own society (America circa 1700) wanted to rebel against the king because of over baring religions faith. But we have to realize what our nation was all about! Life liberty and pursuit of happiness and also "one nation under God" our ancestors established our country with God's guidance. to answer the last question "why doesn't God answer us?" its what you make of it! when it comes to a tragic death of a loved one, there is nothing prayers can do if God needs him/her with him...it sucks but it is what the downside of fate does to people's lives. My opinion is that he tries to answer as many prayers as he can, but the ones he cant answer he will try to repay them in other ways down the line. ....it all takes time. :) have you ever felt like death and bad things always happen to the "good people"? that is because he is using them to make an army in heaven! only the good people are made into brave angel soldiers!

sorry for such a long answer lol :D I have a lot to say....spirituality and ethics is my favorite subject. I know God is with you and your sister and I am happy that you take the time to talk to me, especially read all my crap lol you can talk to me any time hun ;) What do you think guardian angels and heaven? are you a Catholic?

First off, your writing is not "crap" :p. You really have some amazing things to say, that really show your heart and brilliant mind. ;)

I do agree that society has strayed far away from the guidance of god. Now it seems we use money and greed as guidance, which in the end is pointless, and is only causing more damage then good. I do believe in God, because of the various things I have experienced, But I have seen threw family deaths, and friends etc, when these good people die. It is out of Gods hands. I don't think God was every meant to answer a prayer straight forward. for example. If one prayed "God please bless my life and heal me from cancer" the next morning you will not be cured of cancer, but God listened to your prayers, and will watch you to do your part. Its important to realize that Gods children remember that we have to show god like you said that we are worthy of his love and we appreciate what he did for us, by being a living example of his love to all good and bad, and to be gracious, to make the right decisions etc. In any case Cancer is man made, and I don't believe at all that god will ever take it away. All god can do about cancer is give us the strength to go through the motions to recover, and to take our stress away by giving it to him , and he blesses those with brilliant minds to find a cure to help others. Which brings me to another point. humans are divine, which means we are part god, thus we should remember that we are capable of great things, (just look at the natural world, we are the most complicated and advanced living thing on this planet able to think and process information) The way society has turned it's as if we are living to what are expectations can be. We aim so low as a species and we should be so much more advanced. humans are literally killing the earth in which we need to live? that's such a "duh" to me. Anyways, I Think sometimes that God right now mostly watches and listens, and for those that understand and work hard to prove they are worthy get prayers answered through time and life lessons.

As for the army of guardian Angels, I do believe in them. Everyone who has faith in god is blessed with a Guardian who looks after their spirit in the eyes of evil that is on earth. To me these angels show there face when you feel absolutely alone and in danger and desperate, and all of a sudden another person comes along and helps you. An angel made contact with you threw that person in your time of need. There are evil beings and evil temptations all around us that want us to give in, have you ever seen evil? in a person, place or thing? Honestly it is present and I have seen it in the eyes of a few people.

As for heaven, I imagine it a place like earth, but untouched by the hands of man, and just en endless paradise of gardens and the most beautiful and colorful flowers and plants, euphoric scenery and spirits filtering in and out as they please talking to each other and spending time in the light of God. I probably am way off about how it looks, but I know that you do get to see the loved ones that have already passed in heaven. I have an aunt who died from breast cancer six years ago, and minutes before she passed she looked into the side of the room she was in and said her fathers name, and talked to him, her face was so happy and her eyes really did look like she was seeing him, then she passed. It was a hard but memorable moment in our family.

I am a catholic, but not perfect. I enjoy reading everything you write, and I too like ethics and worldy matters, though this is the first time I have EVER talked about my religion. Thank you for saying such great things about my sister. I love her so much, and its really hard to think I might loose her, but it is out of my hands. I can only do what I can and give my stress to god, and pray that my sister does the rights things to take care of herself and that god listens to her heart and finds her worthy to stay here on this earth. I know its selfish to say, but I hope that My sister is cured from this because without her many lives will be ruined...her newly born son, her husband, my parents, etc. I know it will be hard, and I can see myself moving on knowing she is in a good place, but then I couldn't move on from the stress that the lives of her children and my parents would be better if she makes it. Sorry for rambling my inner feelings, but Its something that i think about occasionally, and i know its a sin to doubt...I just can't help it.

ok I'm going to seriously have to think about and write about something else...

Top Bottom