• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Revelations 2 Finale discussion (Spoilers)

Denzil22

Premium
Iam a little sad it's nealy over this as been an amazing edition to resident evil I hope there is a revelations 3 one day
As for the story
I think Alex will by killed be Barry in an epic finel battel gessing she can transform even more and will try and get Natalia in some way as Barry fights her. Am also looking forward to the special episodes about Natalia and moira they seem intresting from what I have seen so far. As for Clair's game they will fight Alex to or something she sends to attack them there will be a boss battel and the tower will get damaged that might explain what happens to Alex.

Last edited:

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
I hope the finale will shed more light on the Overseer's actions, because I'm a little confused about them right now.

Since RE5, we know that she's been trying to uncover the secret of immortality, but so far she has used two very different approaches that seem completely unrelated to each other.

I think it was one of the secret files I unlocked by collecting tower emblems etc., where she talked about fear being the one thing that keeps us going, and that's why she considers it the key to immortality. This begs several questions: How can fear be used to gain immortality? If fear is so good, why does her virus punish people for feeling too much of it? And what's the point of that entire experiment anyway? The only thing I can think of is that the virus is some kind of last resort that uses the fear you feel when you face your own mortality to transform you into something that is likely to survive whatever life-threatening situation you're in, and now she's testing it on several people to find out how it would work out in practice. I don't think that's it, though, because living forever as a monster can't be very pleasant.

Now the third episode makes it seem like she played too much Tomb Raider, got royally pi$$ed off when the character called Alex died, and decided to pull a Himiko using Christmas Girl's body. Her servant Stuart, who wrote about this in one of the documents found in the tower, even used the same word Mathias from Tomb Raider used to describe the woman who was chosen for the ritual: "vessel". This concept is a lot less complicated, since by transferring her soul into a new, younger body every time she gets too old, Alexandra could technically live forever, although she has yet to offer an explanation as to how the hell she thinks this transfer business is supposed to work.

The question is: How does the one thing relate to the other? Provided that it does at all, maybe she only played Tomb Raider and came up with the Christmas Girl solution after the experiment had already started, which would explain why she suddenly decided to kill Claire and Moira instead of carrying on with the experiment. But that would be a rather lame twist, and I would be disappointed if there was no specific reason why she wanted Claire of all people. (At first I thought it had something to do with Claire's brother killing hers.)

Denzil22

Premium
I hope the finale will shed more light on the Overseer's actions, because I'm a little confused about them right now.

Since RE5, we know that she's been trying to uncover the secret of immortality, but so far she has used two very different approaches that seem completely unrelated to each other.

I think it was one of the secret files I unlocked by collecting tower emblems etc., where she talked about fear being the one thing that keeps us going, and that's why she considers it the key to immortality. This begs several questions: How can fear be used to gain immortality? If fear is so good, why does her virus punish people for feeling too much of it? And what's the point of that entire experiment anyway? The only thing I can think of is that the virus is some kind of last resort that uses the fear you feel when you face your own mortality to transform you into something that is likely to survive whatever life-threatening situation you're in, and now she's testing it on several people to find out how it would work out in practice. I don't think that's it, though, because living forever as a monster can't be very pleasant.

Now the third episode makes it seem like she played too much Tomb Raider, got royally pi$$ed off when the character called Alex died, and decided to pull a Himiko using Christmas Girl's body. Her servant Stuart, who wrote about this in one of the documents found in the tower, even used the same word Mathias from Tomb Raider used to describe the woman who was chosen for the ritual: "vessel". This concept is a lot less complicated, since by transferring her soul into a new, younger body every time she gets too old, Alexandra could technically live forever, although she has yet to offer an explanation as to how the hell she thinks this transfer business is supposed to work.

The question is: How does the one thing relate to the other? Provided that it does at all, maybe she only played Tomb Raider and came up with the Christmas Girl solution after the experiment had already started, which would explain why she suddenly decided to kill Claire and Moira instead of carrying on with the experiment. But that would be a rather lame twist, and I would be disappointed if there was no specific reason why she wanted Claire of all people. (At first I thought it had something to do with Claire's brother killing hers.)
My gess is
I was under the assumption that she needed someone who had no fear nealy and the virus was a way to find that out wen she says (I want to throw you against the wall and see who sticks) in ep 2 for example suggests this as a possible reason for the terrosave kidnappings.

As to your second point and this is only a gess to she also said (my escape is death but not this one )meaning the person who died is not sutible as they where to fearful gessing Natalia is in some way able to keep her fear in check making her the best choice for Alex

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
From the files I read it's all about
finding a vessel
Which is probably the secret of immortality she found. To keep transferring her mind into younger people, though the person needs to be able to accept the transfer and being able to counter yours fears seem to be the test to do so

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Seems plausible, as the only things that have managed to freak Christmas Girl out so far were the wasps. But wasn't her bracelet red from the beginning, showing extreme fear? I wonder how that goes together.

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
Seems plausible, as the only things that have managed to freak Christmas Girl out so far were the wasps. But wasn't her bracelet red from the beginning, showing extreme fear? I wonder how that goes together.
I think she's one of those people
who have had something so traumatic that they don't get scared by anything anymore.
Also red means the subject is mutating. Flashing Red means extreme fear

e_etu

Soram ~
I am sad that there is only 4 episodes :( I gotta say that revelations 2 is probably my fav Re game now!
Also i have started to like Moira and Natalia a lot but they will probably die at end.. :(

Loki

The Trickster
Premium
The last scene of episode 3 made me very confused haha! I agree that she's gonna use Natalia as her vessel somehow but I don't really understand how either. Did they swap minds at the end of the episode or does Natalia have some weirs superpowers that Alex is really scared of?

The scene with Claire at the end of the trailer doesn't make it look good for Moira.

Gar Bageman

The Spirit of Rock 'n' Roll
The last scene of episode 3 made me very confused haha! I agree that she's gonna use Natalia as her vessel somehow but I don't really understand how either. Did they swap minds at the end of the episode or does Natalia have some weirs superpowers that Alex is really scared of?

The scene with Claire at the end of the trailer doesn't make it look good for Moira.
On the topic of the last scene in that trailer, my thought is this; Something happens during Claire's episode 3 where everyone believes Moira dies. Claire, much worse for wear, gets off the island somehow and lets Barry know right there in the hospital (as we know from the drama trailer, he's in that scene too). So, Barry goes to the island to do his own investigation or whatever, all the sh!t we've played happens, then somehow in episode four, the Burtons are reunited and they take care of Alex for keeps (possibly saving Natalia as well) then they go home.

Denzil22

Premium
On the topic of the last scene in that trailer, my thought is this; Something happens during Claire's episode 3 where everyone believes Moira dies. Claire, much worse for wear, gets off the island somehow and lets Barry know right there in the hospital (as we know from the drama trailer, he's in that scene too). So, Barry goes to the island to do his own investigation or whatever, all the sh!t we've played happens, then somehow in episode four, the Burtons are reunited and they take care of Alex for keeps (possibly saving Natalia as well) then they go home.
I hope you are right would be a good ending to an amazing game

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
Soon the finale will be upon us, and by extension a physical disc version. THEN Capcom shall get my money.

The Darkening Sea

I just don't see them killing off both Moira and Natalia. Barry might commit suicide otherwise...and what a super crappy ending it would be for only Claire and Barry to return home.

I also don't see why they would kill off a completely innocent child...unless this child is (not) so innocent, maybe? Alex would have to be pretty dumb to allow an 'ordinary' little girl to partake in this fear-monger game when she is obviously going to be frightened to death at the sight of blood, guts, and gore. As a test subject she would be a guaranteed failure. Why does Barry find her in her nightdress, alone, carrying a teddy bear outside in the dark? It is very suspicious if you ask me. Natalia doesn't remember anything? Oh really...

Even if she really doesn't remember anything, I reckon the little girl is a pawn test subject. Perhaps she is special in some way?

It wouldn't surprise me if Barry ends up in a predicament: having to choose between saving his daughter and his little companion. Now this notion reminds of the fact that he found himself in a predicament when he had to choose between his family and the STARS members back in the mansion incident. Barry puts his family above all else - we know that already. Wouldn't it be interesting if Alex likes to emulate the manipulation tactics of Albert? I believe she admires him, after all.

But if Natalia is going to mutate...then what?

The Darkening Sea

I think she's one of those people
who have had something so traumatic that they don't get scared by anything anymore.
Also red means the subject is mutating. Flashing Red means extreme fear

This is logically unacceptable. You can not possibly become immune to fear by suffering something 'so' traumatic. The opposite happens following great trauma - the girl would get stuck in the traumatic stage and 'fear' would very easily be triggered, with re-experiencing the trauma over and over. Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.

Vexed

One of the things I found interesting about the file that details the bracelets and it's colours and what they mean etc. was that it says the bracelets measure fear response by monitoring the Adrenaline and Norepinephrine levels of the host. It could be that Natalia simply has incredibly messed up chemistry due to an underlying condition or perhaps due to a bonding with the virus? I don't really know much about brain chemistry so maybe not, but it's a possibility that occured to me.

Also, from what I gathered from the note, Red means mutated, but not necessarily scared. She may have been mutated or infected all along, possibly even as far back as Terragrigia, which she apparently survived. Perhaps it's a combination of the contamination from Terragrigia plus Alex's new T-Phobos virus that's the key to immortality Alex has been searching for?

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
This is logically unacceptable. You can not possibly become immune to fear by suffering something 'so' traumatic. The opposite happens following great trauma - the girl would get stuck in the traumatic stage and 'fear' would very easily be triggered, with re-experiencing the trauma over and over. Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.

Yeah, I went through something really traumatic, and the next few years things I wasn't scared of before freaked me out.

One of the things I found interesting about the file that details the bracelets and it's colours and what they mean etc. was that it says the bracelets measure fear response by monitoring the Adrenaline and Norepinephrine levels of the host. It could be that Natalia simply has incredibly messed up chemistry due to an underlying condition or perhaps due to a bonding with the virus? I don't really know much about brain chemistry so maybe not, but it's a possibility that occured to me.

Also, from what I gathered from the note, Red means mutated, but not necessarily scared. She may have been mutated or infected all along, possibly even as far back as Terragrigia, which she apparently survived. Perhaps it's a combination of the contamination from Terragrigia plus Alex's new T-Phobos virus that's the key to immortality Alex has been searching for?

You have to be scared to mutate, which is what happened to Pedro and Gabe. They got so freaked out that they mutated.

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
Actually it is a true thing and something I didn't make up.
Not saying Natalia has it but it's a possibility.

The Darkening Sea

Actually it is a true thing and something I didn't make up.
Not saying Natalia has it but it's a possibility.

I'm sorry it sounds silly, especially for a little child with a developing mind. You couldn't put that in a story/plot and expect it to be taken as being plausible. The critics will be on your back like there is no tomorrow. If Natalia is immune to fear it must be for another reason...she might be a special child...but doesn't she mutate in the teaser trailer of the final episode? I think, maybe, Alex wants to test her subjects fight-or-flight response. Those who fight keep their bracelets from turning red, and those that flight cause their bracelets to turn red and become a horrible genetic mutation. She wants (needs) a strong person in the simplest terms. It will all make sense once we play the final episode.

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
I'm sorry it sounds silly, especially for a little child with a developing mind. You couldn't put that in a story/plot and expect it to be taken as being plausible. The critics will be on your back like there is no tomorrow. If Natalia is immune to fear it must be for another reason...she might be a special child...but doesn't she mutate in the teaser trailer of the final episode? I think, maybe, Alex wants to test her subjects fight-or-flight response. Those who fight keep their bracelets from turning red, and those that flight cause their bracelets to turn red and become a horrible genetic mutation. She wants (needs) a strong person in the simplest terms. It will all make sense once we play the final episode.
We are all just theorising at the end of the day.
we know from files in the game that
Green = OKAY
Amber = eager / frightened
Flashing Red = immense fear
Red = subject is undergoing mutation
We also know from the game that
Natalia has a high fear threshold and theres a reason she's on the island to do with her traumatic experience in terrgrigia, and from the way she acts in the game it takes alot to scare her.
Her wristband is constantly red and the finale trailer didn't show her mutate, she had red eyes in one scene but thats all.

Which is why I put that theory together.

Last edited:

Loki

The Trickster
Premium
I'm pretty sure that red is fear and flashing red is mutation. Gabe's bracelet was flashing red in the helicopter

Top Bottom