• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Feminists: Going too Far this Time?

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
Feminism just needs to get the f*ck right out of gaming. Most recently, EA commissioning Ms. Anita Sarkeesian for her input on Mirror's Edge 2. And the first thing Anita wanted was a completely different, more simplified control scheme for female gamers. That is so goddamn sexist, and it's so much more hilarious when you consider who it's coming from.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Feminism just needs to get the f*ck right out of gaming. Most recently, EA commissioning Ms. Anita Sarkeesian for her input on Mirror's Edge 2. And the first thing Anita wanted was a completely different, more simplified control scheme for female gamers. That is so goddamn sexist, and it's so much more hilarious when you consider who it's coming from.
I read the article you're talking about. That is ridiculous. This woman has no place in gaming...

umbra aeterna

--

Agree, but disagree.This is damn stupid and sexist.butfeminism is and should be everywhere. HOWEVER, these feminazis forget feminism means EQUAL opportunity, EGALITARIAN guys.man and woman equal, not woman over man.

I feel offended that sshe thinks a girl can't play a game!

The biggest one they complain about is character designs....in all honestly you'll find a woman who likes as good as jill valentine and Ada wong walking the streets (sae this lady who looked like Jill with black hair, brown eyes and more ass, a latina woman who lurks around the area,was tempted to take a picture but that would be weird) before you find a a dude like Albert Wesker especially circa RE4/umbrella chronicals (that is a fine man...) and hell not his age lookin like that in re 5 (dude's like 50)Really (seen some seriously accurate cosplays of chris in re5 body type and all and sometimes i see this in the gym but even then RARE)

-the biggest problem is that games tend to be made for (straight..but then again the japanese are good for dishing out fanservice for all parties...final fantasy.That is all) men, by men.If this changes, the industry changes...but ms sarkeesian needs to sit her ass down.she has limited to no understanding of feminism or gaming culture

KevinStriker

I'm not gonna lie, radfems and SJWs completely turned me off of feminism and social justice. Even if they are the minority, they're a vocal minority and it's disgusting.

And even then, I don't think we can achieve equality by just focusing on one gender because both genders have advantages and disadvantages in society.

So consider me secular humanist, guys.

umbra aeterna

I'm not gonna lie, radfems and SJWs completely turned me off of feminism and social justice. Even if they are the minority, they're a vocal minority and it's disgusting.

And even then, I don't think we can achieve equality by just focusing on one gender because both genders have advantages and disadvantages in society.

So consider me secular humanist, guys.
-

I can go with that.I am a female and NOT a feminist because of the simple fact there males and females are different in so many ways.All I can say is try to be fair by situation.

the venomous grand design

REmake enthusiast
I'm not gonna lie, radfems and SJWs completely turned me off of feminism and social justice.
..how is this any different than saying "i heard about a black guy robbing a store on the news once so now i'm completely against the civil rights movement." by letting a radical minority, however vocal, shape your views of an equality movement that they really aren't even a part of, you come across as if you're reaching for a reason to frown upon a step toward equality.

KevinStriker

..how is this any different than saying "i heard about a black guy robbing a store on the news once so now i'm completely against the civil rights movement." by letting a radical minority, however vocal, shape your views of an equality movement that they really aren't even a part of, you come across as if you're reaching for a reason to frown upon a step toward equality.

And if you actually read anything more than that, you'd know that they turned me off of LABELLING myself as such. Did "consider me secular humanist" not clue you in that I'm against being lumped in with them under an umbrella term and NOT against achieving equality?

umbra aeterna

-

I think that's a bit harsh.I did not read it as such... and by the way,I actually am a black person

REmake enthusiast
And if you actually read anything more than that, you'd know that they turned me off of LABELLING myself as such. Did "consider me secular humanist" not clue you in that I'm against being lumped in with them under an umbrella term and NOT against achieving equality?
choose your words a bit more wisely and you won't have to backpedal. you said you were turned off of social justice. what exactly do you consider social justice?

-I think that's a bit harsh.I did not read it as such... and by the way,I actually am a black person
you and me both. but that doesn't make it any more or less ****ed up imo.

umbra aeterna

Only a persin who doesn't suffer social injustice will be turned off of it.Being black and female, I'm unfortunately use to being a second class citizen.I greet police and government officials with suspicion, constantly worrying about if ny brothers will be attacked by them.I have a brother falsely convicted of a crime I know he did not commit.

I want to get into certain industries, I write science foction and being black and female, I have to deal with the fact that there are people who will never read my works upon knowing my race, the shadow the probability I will be shelved and shoved aside because of this.The fact evey time a white person in power, be it a college professor, a boss or whatever may be short changing me because I'm black and because I am a female.I deal with this everyday. My brother calls it 'black man stress '.pretty damn accurate.

KevinStriker

In answer to your question: Tumblr's idea of Social Justice
41f7668d88a81f8dea0cbb969fe68f4a.png

REmake enthusiast
In answer to your question: Tumblr's idea of Social Justice
41f7668d88a81f8dea0cbb969fe68f4a.png
..you're trolling, right? you're seriously using some tongue in cheek urban dictionary bull**** as your basis for not supporting a group of clearly disenfranchised people?

look, i guess if you want to let the radical minority mold your opinion as a whole, i just wonder, where does your prejudice end? do you distrust all brown folks because you're afraid of radical islamic terrorists? do you distrust all cops because some of them go on power trips and murder people?

and like, if you just want to label yourself a secular humanist because you're against labels (seems odd but i'll humor you), they why get on the internet and trample all over an equality movement? wouldn't that kinda conflict with that sentiment?

KevinStriker

I'm trampling an equality movement? If I'm trampling a movement by associating with humanism and egalitarianism instead of feminism, then what in the f*ck are all these stupid, stuck-up, man-hating cows on Tumblr doing to help it?

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy

I'd be offended if there was an alternate control scheme. Why can't everybody be treated equally? She's basically calling women stupid and weak -_- I'm better at video games than my dad! xD
But it's not really something to fight about. No matter what you do, there will always be people like that.

Top Bottom