• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 5 Fear You Can't Forget?

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
Haha, I just like over-analyzing everything, lol. Nah, I've taken a couple of Communications courses, so I'm relatively familiar with common marketing practises.

It's all about the money. Ganados, majini, and lots of action and guns sell better than zombies and a knife. Bottom line. Capcom isn't going to go out of it's way to please older fans, because the newer fans are bringing in all the additional profit. It works kinda like politics that way.

*is a nerd*

But thanks guys, lol :D

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Ada Wong™;34953 said:
RE1 scared the hell out of me. It wasss my first RE, so I guess thats why LOL
Or maybe that you were like 0 years old? :p :p

Godammlover

I saw my brother play RE1 alot, I think generally the first RE game that scared me was 3, where nemesis would burst through the window and then I **** myself and ran back into the office, paused it breathed.. Then un-paused then heard the door go so I was like, **** this *power off*

Flamer

A_Wesker123;33618 said:
Hardly. Seriously as much as i love this game i felt the advertising campaign was a little off. Tbh i can't really think of one single moment that spread fear into my heart. Just wondering if anyone else felt the same? Or differently too.

I aggree. They should've used that wording in a different Resident Evil game.

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
I was playing mercs mode an when i got over 40k points id be like omg.omg.omg.omg because if i died id have to do it again haha but thats kinda cool. that made me think of the game in a different way.

other then that the main game aint nothing to do with fear you wont forget lol id say its more like "fear you wont remmember" :p crappy slogan, but the game is still the best.

Kellyrose

The first time I played through RE5 (on normal) it wasn't really that scary, the only part I thought was scary was right before you encounter the Licker betas.

When I played through it on professional, however, I was terrified :pinch: When even the normal zombies can suddenly kill you in one hit I think it gets a lot scarier!

Hoady

Romero;35164 said:
It sounds as Half-Life/Half Life 2 are more scary than RE5.

Don't go to Ravenholm!

Despite being about 11 when i played Resident Evil 0 the one thing that scared the crap out of me was basic things like the loading screen(doors opening)i was always wondering whats behind that door you know the silence and isolation it really sends tingles.Sound is also a massive issue i think if you can get the right music you can set the perfect atmosphere there was one song it was only in one room but it made me terrified it woke my little brother up and he started crying.

But yeah they had the right idea with resident evil 5 first did anyone remember how amazing the teaser trailer made it look?There was no information for years and when i heard of the hallucinations being put in the game i was sweating lol i still haven't played the full game yet so i'm not making full judgements.With this new gameplay style there going on about lets hope its going to be scary but imagine what road Resident Evil would've taken if it used the resident evil 4 beta build?Makes me wonder.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Hoady;35346 said:
Don't go to Ravenholm!

Despite being about 11 when i played Resident Evil 0 the one thing that scared the crap out of me was basic things like the loading screen(doors opening)i was always wondering whats behind that door you know the silence and isolation it really sends tingles.Sound is also a massive issue i think if you can get the right music you can set the perfect atmosphere there was one song it was only in one room but it made me terrified it woke my little brother up and he started crying.

But yeah they had the right idea with resident evil 5 first did anyone remember how amazing the teaser trailer made it look?There was no information for years and when i heard of the hallucinations being put in the game i was sweating lol i still haven't played the full game yet so i'm not making full judgements.With this new gameplay style there going on about lets hope its going to be scary but imagine what road Resident Evil would've taken if it used the resident evil 4 beta build?Makes me wonder.
Ravenholm.... Ravenholm haha. I remember that one. I liked it alot. :) Probably more "scary" than RE4.

The music is crucial. Do you remember the Great Hall in the RE4 castle? Some guides call that area "3-1 Assault of the Cultists", other call it "3-1 Great Hall" or "3-1 Hall of Water". It is the area after your first encounter with a Garrador (in the prison). The area I talk about is a huge hall with many small water pools.
This area have an AMAZING music. I can stop there and just idle, listening to the hypnotic tune. I almost don't wanna leave this area, lol.

It's a great area because it's challenging also. Architecture is heavenly. And the music... :)

Hoady

Yeah that bit is insane they have like 30 enemies coming after you in each direction and some people with crossbows at the top i remember doing that the first time i went through pro...it was ridiculous.The castle easily had the best music i really like that song before you go into the room where the goatman starts running around and if you don't catch him he gets on a mounted machine gun lol.
Goat Man Music<
Its pretty much at the start you'll probably recognise it.

ChrisRedfield1994

Potato Lobber
The one thing that heavily affects RE5's scar factor is indeed the soundtrack.
It's scary.But kind of, like Left 4 Dead, gives away that there are enemies around.

Top Bottom