• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 5 Fear You Can't Forget?

weskerfan

La Femme Fatale;34128 said:
Am I missing something here? 'Cause I'm pretty sure I've never seen anyone use that particular ethnic slur so openly and without reserve. I'm not trying to rain on your parade, but come on hun, you're being very rude and it's not funny at all. One of the reasons I joined this forum was because the members seemed nice and respectful, and those remarks reflect incredibly poorly on the forum altogether.

If that's your idea of 'fun', perhaps you need to get out more.

Anyway, let's get back to the thread's topic, shall we? Anyone else have any input as to why Capcom marketed RE 5 with these slogans?

i agree with you.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
saznercj;33842 said:
heres my two pennies, fear you can't forget is great advertising for the theme of the commercial, yes they are playing off of the history and nostalgia of the series in general. people complain that the newer games are scary anymore. the new games create the same stress and excitement for me personally. play on pro and see if you dont stress jump or bug out once. i dont think that there was ever real fear in the series but rather the same old sketchy jumpy eyes in the back of your head, but only the first time through or on the hardest difficulty. even in the older games after you play through once or even twice you know whats up your not scared. leave the commercials alone i think their cool jsut take em with a grain of salt

I agree with what you had to say.

Though the game isn't that scary to play, its the idea of something like this happening that makes it scary and it damn sure wasn't something that I (or the characters) can forget.

Personally I don't agree with anyone on here that says that this game wasn't scary "at all". It made me feel uneasy plenty of times and still does during certain moments.

Amazing game.

A_Wesker123

The Original
Ermmm what is it with people using the 'N-word'?

A while ago no-one would ever of used that word on here. And fyi we may well have a few black members so maybe you should consider their feelings instead of trying to get your 'fun'. I don't know where you live or come from but my idea of fun isn't insulting a whole group of people for no good reason.

Anyways, i think the game isn't scary in the traditional sense but it's more 'panic scary'. There wasn't really any parts that freaked me out but when your surrounded by enemies all wielding axes etc and you suddenly get grabbed from off screen, that makes me jump from time to time.

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
I dont know why Resi5 used the motto "fear you cant forget" is doesnt seem like a game that evokes fear to the players haha once youve got inf ammo its hardly a scary game at all, its more to do with shooting seven shades of s**t out of everything that comes your way insted of spooking you out the hole time lol.

An I have no comment about the N word being used, I myself dont really use the word alot

MoleMan

the bosses not memorable? how can the awesome battles that progress through that game not be memorable? all of the battles brought something unique to thee fight.

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
Yeah they might be memorable but the not exactly.. scary
most of the fights make me think oh damm if i dont do this real quick ill get killed in one hit!
the htought of having to do a fght all over again can be scary =P joke.

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
Anyways, i think the game isn't scary in the traditional sense but it's more 'panic scary'. There wasn't really any parts that freaked me out but when your surrounded by enemies all wielding axes etc and you suddenly get grabbed from off screen, that makes me jump from time to time.

Yes, that's a good way of putting it. Part of the reason why the earlier RE games were frightening was because of how 'quiet' they were before something jumped out at you. They were very suspenseful, whereas RE 5 seems to take the opposite approach, in that there is so much going on at once that you don't really have time to get 'scared'. 'Panic scary' describes it very well, A_Wesker. :)

Tawsie

This game didn't scare me at one point. This game was just released off of the hype of the earlier games (Mainly 1,2 and 3. I didn't find 4 scary either). I remember playing RE1 when I was younger, getting to the part with the dogs and just turning it off. In RE2 where the zombies smashed through the gun shop window, I turned it off then too. The earlier RE games were really scary... Although the moments I described aren't that scary but they got me when I was younger.

Aus.Zombie

residentevil#1;34261 said:
u know they should go back 2 dark scary places and have zombies!! like the mansion. tat was very scary!!!!!!!!!

mmhmm zombies will be great in RE 4/5 style :D

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
I agree Zombies would be awesome with RE4&5 gameplay at the start they could be walking all slow an youd get headshots easy then they would turn into red heads/crimson heads an it would get mega scary =P

A_Wesker123

The Original
Yeah i agree with what residentevil#1 said. They should go back to Zombies and classic horror. Maybe that's what they meant by the reboot that Capcom mentioned in an interview.

Jill

A_Wesker123;34309 said:
Yeah i agree with what residentevil#1 said. They should go back to Zombies and classic horror. Maybe that's what they meant by the reboot that Capcom mentioned in an interview.
im hoping they do do that

madmark

I think the creepy music in the original RE had ALOT to do with the "scary" factor.
I have said this before in this forum, resident evil(the original playstation version not the remake) was the only game I wouldn't let my lil' ones watch me play for fear of their nightmares.
RE5 wasn't even "kinda" scary. Not even once....

ChrisRedfield1994

Potato Lobber
To be perfectly honest with you guys/gals, I for one want them to sta off the zombie idea. It's been done to death! Sure, have something like a zombie, but c'mon. It's scarier when you're rushing around, being chased by fast adversaries. Probably include an utterly new setting, new characters and a new form of 'fear' that have you sleeping with a 9 mil for the rest of the week.

C. Redfield

I really do miss the chilling music playing or when you enter the door, you never know what might be there.......until you look at a walkthrough :lol:.
In Resident Evil 5 you walk through the scorching sun looking at a crazy bitch shouting jiberish at you :wacko:.

D

Deleted member 1428

When I was playing Umbrella Chronicles, Lisa Trevor freaked me out big time. She was stalking me and it was horryfing.

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
See, I don't believe there's much of a market for zombies anymore.

The thing is, Capcom is not really catering to its older RE fans anymore as consumers because they know they have us realed in anyway. We've been fans since the very first game... I think Capcom knows that as long as the title has 'Resident Evil' slapped onto it, we're going to buy it. As much as I am sure alot of people would like it, I can't see Capcom going back to the traditional flesh-eating zombie. Apart from us, there isn't much of a market for them; part of the reason why RE 4 was rediculously successful.

ChrisRedfield1994

Potato Lobber
La Femme Fatale;34480 said:
See, I don't believe there's much of a market for zombies anymore.

The thing is, Capcom is not really catering to its older RE fans anymore as consumers because they know they have us realed in anyway. We've been fans since the very first game... I think Capcom knows that as long as the title has 'Resident Evil' slapped onto it, we're going to buy it. As much as I am sure alot of people would like it, I can't see Capcom going back to the traditional flesh-eating zombie. Apart from us, there isn't much of a market for them; part of the reason why RE 4 was rediculously successful.

Why are you so dammed good at explaining things?
I agree perfectly.

Top Bottom