• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Favorite Resident Evil song?

ResidentDevil

RE Mania
Been looking for this masterpiece everywhere and finally found it, it's perfect as surivival horror theme

It would be amazing if this returned as RE 7 menu theme.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
The track that plays when you are walking towards the balcony to find Forest's body in the original Resident Evil might have to be my favorite from the series. I find it pretty chilling and am disappointed that the creators did not use it in the REmake. The fact that they didn't have the blood stains leading towards the balcony was also a bummer because it really left a lot to the imagination as to what happened to Forest before he died out there.

Resident Evil (1996) is riddled with so many great tracks; it was one of the strongest features of that game.

Code Veronica also has quite a few memorable and loveable tracks- especially the save room theme that @Agent Spike already posted.

There really isn't that many tracks from the newer games that stand out to me, but I really loved the music that plays in RE6 while you're searching for the snake in Chris' campaign. It was actually really eerie and reminded me of the original Resident Evil and for that I love it.

Then of course there is this beautiful song from RE5 (African music in general is just beautiful).

Resident Evil 4's ending credits song also always stuck out for me and left me with a strange mixture of feelings- which naturally makes me like it even more.

Last edited:

JHJ

"Doth Mother Know You Weareth Her Drapes?"
For me it has to be the piano track that plays when you enter the lobby of the RPD. Just the right amount of menace and melancholy. I'm a little behind in terms of tech, and I've been trying to find the soundtrack cd to the second game here in the UK for years and I can't find it anywhere. Does anyone know if it's still available?

plant99

V-ACT
This one is my favourite:

Nothing describes this brilliant piece of music. Your standing in-front of a train, on the outskirts of the city, in the distance- the lights of the city- the fire of wreckages and ruins and buildings. There is only one way out of this mess, and it's down. It's not quite over yet. I love this track because i can imagine Leon/Claire just standing for a minute or two reflecting and catching their breath.

plant99

V-ACT
For me it has to be the piano track that plays when you enter the lobby of the RPD. Just the right amount of menace and melancholy. I'm a little behind in terms of tech, and I've been trying to find the soundtrack cd to the second game here in the UK for years and I can't find it anywhere. Does anyone know if it's still available?
UK user here,

I'd just download as mp3 from youtube and just put it on whatever device you use. There is a soundtrack, but i think it's only available in America and Japan. Probably just best to download them.

plant99

V-ACT
YA FIRST POST :) Oh boy...I love RE music. Its one of my favorite parts of the series and unfortunately the last few games haven't had soundtracks nearly as memorable as the old games. A huge part of what makes the old games so fun to revisit is the nostalgic feeling I get hearing the old songs, especially in RE2,3,and CVX. The recent games have been scored too much like films and don't have that "video game" feel to their soundtracks. One of the things I loved about the olds games was the area music that would give each location its own unique vibe and atmosphere(police station, clock tower, etc etc). And this doesn't just apply to RE games, I feel that way about most newer video game soundtracks. Anyway, I'll pick a track from each game since I have so many favorites.

RE0:
Probably one of my top 5 tracks from the whole series. The melody in this song is unsettling, pretty, and almost serene at the same time. The use of the choir adds tension as the track progresses. I loved wandering the halls of the training facility with this looping. RE 0 OST has some gems on it. I was always frustrated with how the train and the Dam areas we're almost completely devoid of area music. Kinda weird, like they just forgot to add it in or something.

RE1:
This track pretty much captures the air of the Spencer mansion perfectly. I also love how this is the track that plays when you return with the helmet key. So unsettling, yet I love to listen to it. The REmake soundtrack I find to be quite unique compared to 2,3, and veronica. Its much more minimal and ambient and doesn't have as many defined melodies as the other early games.

RE2:
Beautifully composed track that builds quite nicely. My favorite location in RE2 has always been the vacant factory even though its waaaay too short. This track and the Marshalling yard second half are both brilliant songs that feel a bit more sombre and even experimental than the other tracks from RE2. Hopefully Capcom expands on this area in the remake. Would love to explore more with a hopefully remade version of this track :)

RE3:
I had to choose either this or City Without Hope. This track has such a sinister feel to it. I don't feel safe when I listen to it and I guess thats the true essence of running away from Nemmy in Raccoon City. I specifically remember this track while trying to figure out the time stones puzzle in the clock tower. Nostalgia! RE3 has a handful of my fav tracks out of the series and imo, the best save theme from the first 4 games.

RECVX:
Very reminiscent of the Police Station theme! I was just playing through CVX yesterday and forgot how great the soundtrack is. Some of REs best musical material.

RE3
RE2
RE1

All of these games had great soundtracks. So fitting to each scenario.

Im not as technical savy as to find and copy links but I can mention some of my favorite themes while playing the games.

Resident Evil 1 - First one comes to mind the Mansion music from the original, definitely a classic. 2- The cool creepy tune in the guardhouse and some areas in the mansion.
Resident Evil 2 - The very first song when you start in the streets is cool.
Resident Evil 3 - My favorite from this is at then end when the dead factory has that missle approaching and the alarms going off. That song rules.
I dig all the save theme music from all games.
In Resident Evil Zero, I love at the end part of the train, where you have to use the magnetic card, that music rules, and also the main Training Facility song, greatness.
Resident Evil 4 has that tense theme during enemy encounters.
Theyre all great.
While Im here I can mention that I own mostly all of the soundtracks. Theyre quite expensive and some of them are Japanese imports. Theres a box set called Sound Chronicle (theres 2) , and it has 0, 1re, 2, 3, 4, and CV. all just one disk versions. The other one has Resident Evil 5 and Umbrella and Darkside Chronicles.
I do have a 2 disk Last Escape (Nemesis). I have a 2 disk Code Veronica. I actually have Resident Evil 4 - 2 disk - which is nearly impossible to get if any one knows about it. The very first Resident Evil from 96 has a remix version, its not identical to the game, but it suffices. I got some others but not all, as there incredibly hard to tack down.

I am a Jill Sandwich

My favorite Resident Evil theme is from Code Veronica when you enter the Ashfords creepy house with the suspended doll. That song is creppy, and beautiful at the same time! I love it.

Top Bottom