• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Favorite Resident Evil song?

Scrumpeh

Sleepy Person
Premium
Just go ahead and post your favorite song, theme, whatever from any Resident Evil game.

I myself have two favorites. This one comes from Revelations 2:

This one comes from REmake:

Agent Spike

Love this tune from the remake for some reason:

Code Veronica is one of my favorite games in the series and it has my favorite save room theme in all RE history:

RE 4 doesn't have a very memorable soundtrack in my opinion, but this one is great:

And this one! Oh my gawd the memories!

Last edited:

Airaku

Stray Jedi
To be honest... I don't have a favorite. There are defiantly some epic moments in the sound and some of the music. However 80% because the music rarely loops after a small bit of gameplay. I feel that half the time there is no music and just sound effects and just talking during gameplay. Or it's really subtle and barely noticeable. This is unfortunate but that seems to be my experience. My favorite song is probably the credit song of Damnation LOL As for my least favorite song in the game is the Rape mode customization room in Rev 2. It's just annoying and creepy in a weird way. I just... ugh can't stand it at all :/ Actually... I find it's the creepiest thing in the whole series? Am I weird for feeling this? Nah I'm pretty weird for not caring for the Resident Evil soundtrack. :/

For me I'm more into the soundtracks of Mass Effect, Zelda, Oni (such an amazing and underrated game. The combat is unreal!), Halo (main theme), and my favorite is EASILY Metal Gear Solid. That sound track just sends chills and memories throughout you.

Agent Spike

To be honest... I don't have a favorite. There are defiantly some epic moments in the sound and some of the music. However 80% because the music rarely loops after a small bit of gameplay. I feel that half the time there is no music and just sound effects and just talking during gameplay. Or it's really subtle and barely noticeable. This is unfortunate but that seems to be my experience. My favorite song is probably the credit song of Damnation LOL As for my least favorite song in the game is the Rape mode customization room in Rev 2. It's just annoying and creepy in a weird way. I just... ugh can't stand it at all :/ Actually... I find it's the creepiest thing in the whole series? Am I weird for feeling this? Nah I'm pretty weird for not caring for the Resident Evil soundtrack. :/

For me I'm more into the soundtracks of Mass Effect, Zelda, Oni (such an amazing and underrated game. The combat is unreal!), Halo (main theme), and my favorite is EASILY Metal Gear Solid. That sound track just sends chills and memories throughout you.

Yeah, it's kind of weird but hey, everyone is different.

I do love the Zelda and Metal Gear Solid soundtracks! ^_^ The theme of MGS2 and "Snake Eater" from MGS3 are my favorites.

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
I do like all of the music in RE. There is one that particularly stands out for me, though, and it may surprise people when I say it's from Mercenaries 3D. It's from the Ex 2 level.

This music went awesomely with playing The Mercenaries.

the venomous grand design

REmake enthusiast
i think when masami ueda stopped working on resident evil games, the series really lost an atmosphere unmatched in the genre. i'm almost as bored with the "epic" dime a dozen boss battle music in the later 2000's and 2010's RE games as i am of the gameplay. with that being said, REmake has my all time favourite video game OST. the entire thing is just so unsettling, it really completes the atmosphere of the game.

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
I do like all of the music in RE. There is one that particularly stands out for me, though, and it may surprise people when I say it's from Mercenaries 3D. It's from the Ex 2 level.

This music went awesomely with playing The Mercenaries.
BEST SONG EVER!!!

Also notable songs:

Reactions: Jen

Bilbo

YA FIRST POST :) Oh boy...I love RE music. Its one of my favorite parts of the series and unfortunately the last few games haven't had soundtracks nearly as memorable as the old games. A huge part of what makes the old games so fun to revisit is the nostalgic feeling I get hearing the old songs, especially in RE2,3,and CVX. The recent games have been scored too much like films and don't have that "video game" feel to their soundtracks. One of the things I loved about the olds games was the area music that would give each location its own unique vibe and atmosphere(police station, clock tower, etc etc). And this doesn't just apply to RE games, I feel that way about most newer video game soundtracks. Anyway, I'll pick a track from each game since I have so many favorites.

RE0:
Probably one of my top 5 tracks from the whole series. The melody in this song is unsettling, pretty, and almost serene at the same time. The use of the choir adds tension as the track progresses. I loved wandering the halls of the training facility with this looping. RE 0 OST has some gems on it. I was always frustrated with how the train and the Dam areas we're almost completely devoid of area music. Kinda weird, like they just forgot to add it in or something.

RE1:
This track pretty much captures the air of the Spencer mansion perfectly. I also love how this is the track that plays when you return with the helmet key. So unsettling, yet I love to listen to it. The REmake soundtrack I find to be quite unique compared to 2,3, and veronica. Its much more minimal and ambient and doesn't have as many defined melodies as the other early games.

RE2:
Beautifully composed track that builds quite nicely. My favorite location in RE2 has always been the vacant factory even though its waaaay too short. This track and the Marshalling yard second half are both brilliant songs that feel a bit more sombre and even experimental than the other tracks from RE2. Hopefully Capcom expands on this area in the remake. Would love to explore more with a hopefully remade version of this track :)

RE3:
I had to choose either this or City Without Hope. This track has such a sinister feel to it. I don't feel safe when I listen to it and I guess thats the true essence of running away from Nemmy in Raccoon City. I specifically remember this track while trying to figure out the time stones puzzle in the clock tower. Nostalgia! RE3 has a handful of my fav tracks out of the series and imo, the best save theme from the first 4 games.

RECVX:
Very reminiscent of the Police Station theme! I was just playing through CVX yesterday and forgot how great the soundtrack is. Some of REs best musical material.

Bilbo

RE4:
Talk about a creepy song! When I think of the castle in RE4 (imo the coolest location in any RE game) this is the track I hear in my head. The fact that it uses a heartbeat as percussion is brilliant. This "melodies" in this song literally sound like one of salazars cult members walking slowly toward you. The music in RE4 is so well done and, while its hard stuff to listen to outside of playing the game, its dissonant, atonel, indistinct melodies really capture the atmosphere of the games setting. I've never heard another soundtrack like it!

REvelations:
I wish this track appeared in the actual scenario. I Believe it's only in Raid mode? correct me if im wrong. Again, this track is dark and pretty at the same time as are most of my favorite RE tunes. The main menu theme in Revelations is also really beautiful as is the song that plays in the laboratory area. Also, did anyone here ever play Alien Trilogy on PS1? trace of riddles totally sounds like something from that games soundtrack.

RE5:
I wasn't crazy about RE5 OST. However, I think it had some of the better boss battle themes, this one being my favorite. There are also a handful of cool ambient tracks like the one that plays in the ruins and during the sun beam puzzle.

REV2:
I'm still getting familiar with this game and its soundtrack, but so far I really enjoy this songs mix of melody and percussion with some slower more gloomy ambient sections. The soundtrack and certain locations in Rev 2 reminds me A LOT of the early silent hill games. Ive never ver been creeped out by RE games until this one came along. The abandoned apartment building along with the very minimal dark ambient tracks that make up most of the soundtrack looks and sounds like something akira yamaoka would have created.

RE6:
I really love the main theme, especially leons variant of it. A lot of RE6s music was great, a lot of it was also not very memorable and sounded like stock hollywood action cues. They need to bring make the original composers of the series for RE7!

Wow that was a long first post! or 2 posts i guess. Cheers!

ResidentDevil

RE Mania
RE 4 doesn't have a very memorable soundtrack in my opinion, but this song is great:
Yeah this one is the best background music from RE 4, it gets me goosebumps everytime. The intro song from RE outbreak also sounds amazing.

Now out of topic but there is a band called..
Biohazard-band.jpg

\m/

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
I hate to be a grammar nazi but i'm pretty annoyed by people using "Song" to describe non-vocal soundtrack.

Back on topic my fav "Self destruct alarm" has to be the one from REmake.

Last edited:
Top Bottom