• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 Favorite Enemies

Darkness

Infected
My favorite enemy was probably zombies with melee weapons that can be used to kill them, (axes, shovels, bottles). My least favorite were Shriekers, because even across the map, they somehow snipe you with soundwaves that automatically cause your character to stop and reel back for like 10 seconds.

They actually all seemed pretty generic to me, re-used, re-packadged concepts from previous games. The Rasklapanje seemed like copies of RE4's regenerators, Ustanak kind of reminded me of Nemesis, Ubistvo had the same mechanics of RE4-5's chainsaw ganado/majinis, the whopper was similar to L4D's boomer in appearance, Ogroman was like a new version of El Gigante, Napads were like Malphite, Ilujiza was like Harry Potter's Basalisk, and really didn't have anything particularly infected about it, Haos looked like a halloween decoration with spaghetti arms, Deborah fought like Dr. Octopus, Bzrak was a cheap knockoff of Del Lago, and bloodshots were like watered down versions of lickers, yet twice as annoying.

Reactions: svp

Albert

Tʜᴇ Gᴏᴅ
Premium
Lets see... Zombies, of course lol, then theres Ustanak, reminds me of Nemesis and then the Rasklapanje which are even creepier than the Regenerators.

Reactions: Jay

Nashtalia

B.S.A.A. Agent
ustanak
every time he appears it's fun to fight aganist him:)

Leon: a friend of yours?

Jake: more like an ex-girlfreind, the one that doesn't know when to quit.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jake: like i said, indestructable

Harry Sachz

Ancient Alien
Ustanak. Looks like Capcom wanted to give us another Nemesis and it was a successful idea. Normally, when I see a boss enemy coming to engage in battle, I'm just like "No...not right now." But with him, I liked the challenge. The hand-to-hand combat between him and Jake was fun to do.

Then, of course, there are the zombies. I wish the zombies would have been the only common enemy throughout all campaigns, rather than giving us the J'avo. But it seems Capcom wants to make anything involving Chris these days to be army-like, and that wouldn't have worked with zombies.

The final boss in Chris' campaign. He looked pretty freakin' cool and once you got an idea of what to do and how to beat him, he was fun to fight.

Deborah Harper. I hated the actual battle, but...

1010.jpg

:D

Jay

K.I.N.G.
My favorite enemy was probably zombies with melee weapons that can be used to kill them, (axes, shovels, bottles). My least favorite were Shriekers, because even across the map, they somehow snipe you with soundwaves that automatically cause your character to stop and reel back for like 10 seconds.

They actually all seemed pretty generic to me, re-used, re-packadged concepts from previous games. The Rasklapanje seemed like copies of RE4's regenerators, Ustanak kind of reminded me of Nemesis, Ubistvo had the same mechanics of RE4-5's chainsaw ganado/majinis, the whopper was similar to L4D's boomer in appearance, Ogroman was like a new version of El Gigante, Napads were like Malphite, Ilujiza was like Harry Potter's Basalisk, and really didn't have anything particularly infected about it, Haos looked like a halloween decoration with spaghetti arms, Deborah fought like Dr. Octopus, Bzrak was a cheap knockoff of Del Lago, and bloodshots were like watered down versions of lickers, yet twice as annoying.
But that's what Resident Evil is about, evolution. Look back at all the past games. You'll see one creature in one game evolve into something else in another. Getting stronger and deadlier. Its not about completely making new enemies each game; its what they can do to make ones already established and fan favorites better. Which they did great in RE6.

svp

the fat whopper because it reminded me of my asshole roommate! :D so what if I took a little of ur food u big lard!! we agreed to share!....... end of rant

Darkness

Infected
But that's what Resident Evil is about, evolution. Look back at all the past games. You'll see one creature in one game evolve into something else in another. Getting stronger and deadlier. Its not about completely making new enemies each game; its what they can do to make ones already established and fan favorites better. Which they did great in RE6.
That's all fine and dandy, except for the fact that in my opinion they didn't upgrade them, instead downgrading them. I'll use bloodshots as an example. They're basically RE6's take on a licker type of enemy, but they really suck compared to lickers. Why? They are less distinguishing, their body shape is pretty much normal humanoid, and they really don't have anything unique about them like the licker's tongue was. For all we care, they could have been normal zombies or just angry monkeys and still used the same generic jump attack. Whenever I encountered one of them, it was less of an "oh **** this is scary" moment, and more of an "oh ****, another one of these annoying bastards?" moment. They just leap-frog around the battlefield, not actually posing a real threat to you, until you forget they are there, and accidentally run right into one while he is jumping in some random direction, then you go into that little 10 second grappling cutscene, while saying "ugh, i don't have time for this right now!"

Lololololz, so true. And I guess my favorite would be anything that's not shooting at me. Variety is fine, but if 95-100% of enemies are shooting guns at me than it doesn't feel like a Resident Evil game to me IMO.
TOTALLY! I especially hate the fact that the zombies in specific can use guns. I was "like what the hell?" This thing has half its arm decayed off, yet can somehow one-arm an assault rifle with ease. Most fully healthy humans aren't even able to do that. Then the magnum wielding zombies are even worse. They somehow have the accuracy, steady hand, and patience to snipe me from across the map, and then it automatically causes me to do the little fall over thing which takes forever to recover from. Don't even get me started on when hordes of them are shooting me with magnums at the same time in mercs mode. Then after I actually kill them, as a last insult, their gun dissapears with them too. How cheap, I want a damn magnum! You know there is DEFINITELY something wrong in apocolyptia when the supposedly brainless zombies are wielding superior firearms than you. :mad:

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.
Good ol' zombies. I will be contant with these forever, think Wesker they have brung them back.

TheVacantThrone

He's a mental giant, TECH N9NE!
Ustanak, purely because hes fairly scary to me. Been a while since id rather avoid a boss than fight it. Not since Nemesis :D

Jay

K.I.N.G.
That's all fine and dandy, except for the fact that in my opinion they didn't upgrade them, instead downgrading them. I'll use bloodshots as an example. They're basically RE6's take on a licker type of enemy, but they really suck compared to lickers. Why? They are less distinguishing, their body shape is pretty much normal humanoid, and they really don't have anything unique about them like the licker's tongue was. For all we care, they could have been normal zombies or just angry monkeys and still used the same generic jump attack. Whenever I encountered one of them, it was less of an "oh **** this is scary" moment, and more of an "oh ****, another one of these annoying ********?" moment. They just leap-frog around the battlefield, not actually posing a real threat to you, until you forget they are there, and accidentally run right into one while he is jumping in some random direction, then you go into that little 10 second grappling cutscene, while saying "ugh, i don't have time for this right now!"

To me Bloodshots are less annoying than Lickers for two reasons. One, Lickers can be further away from you and still attack with their tongue. Two, if you don't see a Licker coming they can one hit kill you. But I get what you mean with the Bloodshots lol.

Edge Stylez

Advanced 3d Artist
To me Bloodshots are less annoying than Lickers for two reasons. One, Lickers can be further away from you and still attack with their tongue. Two, if you don't see a Licker coming they can one hit kill you. But I get what you mean with the Bloodshots lol.
Obviously thats the main reason i love bloodshots more than lickers.

Loki

The Trickster
Premium
When I first read the thread title I thought it said 'Favourite Enzymes' lol, I've been doing too much revision...

Anyway I think my favourite enemies are zombies and bloodshots. My favourite boss is Ustanak.

ToCool74

Veteran Member
My favorite enemies where the zombies obviously.

If you ask me, they should have been the only common enemy in the game instead of including Javo who are basically just a new version of the majini who where also a new version of the ganado.

Just my opinion, but I like my Resident Evil games with zombies more than gun totting maniacs lol.

That being said, wish Capcom wouldn't have given some of the zombies guns.

Although their accuracy isn't as good as the Javo, it still became a wtf type of moment that they even had guns to begin with.

They where challenging enough on their own without the need for them if you ask me.

svp

to me it seemed like it was really hard to enjoy the chris and jake levels because the enemies had weapons and they stuffed so many of them in one tiny room, it had me running thru them to get to the door in a spastic panic! I want the authentic 4 feel where it was great action but the enemies were only armed with melee weapons and were more spread out. Its no fun rushing, especially when they dont give u enough health or ammo for the enemies....it might be just me though. whatever I dont want to complain more, it wasnt too bad :/

Top Bottom