• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Embarrassing Playing 'Habits' in RE

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
So, I think it might be fun to share the stupid, funny, or embarrassing habits we have when playing Resident Evil games. I remember Spike and I talked about collecting eggs a while ago, which gave me the idea for this.

-When I was younger, I used to be too scared to actually play the game, so I'd 'stall' by putting the items in the item box in alphabetical order

-I use to save all the flipping time. I mean, not like after a decent amount of time, I'd probably save after every couple of zombies, aha

-In RE 0, I'd always try to keep items in the same room. I got angry in the main hall of the mansion because I apparently had too many items there, and would have to put the rest somewhere else.

-In RE 4, once I got the CT and IR, I never sold off any of the treasures, so now I've got tones of rubies, emeralds, spinels, velvet blues, and all the rest of the treasures, etc. It makes me feel rich. :lol:

wpstudart

hahaha, Nice thread. Let me remember my embarrassing habits...

In Resident Remake I always need a friend by my side, and it had to be a day, I couldn't play at night. I didn't have a single freaking ink ribbon. Every time that I saw a Typewriter I saved. I tried to kill every zombie that I saw. It was the same thing in code veronica X. But now I do have this 'habits'. There are more, but I can't remember :B

Drake Sykes Hellion

Well, In RE4 on my first play through, I tended to yell when a Chainsaw ganado was beside or behind me, they just scare the hell outta me when I turn and see them yelling their 'About-to-kill-me' yell.

T-Virus Rose

Well, I always point the guns in the inventory at the screen and pretend to get shot. There was one time when I banged my head into the wall doing that.

D

Deleted member 1428

Heheh, like LFF and wpstudart I'd save every time. So in RE4 every time I saw a typewriter I'd save. So when the whole game finished I came out like having 55 saves :lol:.

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
Also, when I die, I never ever continue. I always turn off the machine and start again from the last save point, haha.

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
when i first played resident evil, i mean the very first time, when i thought i was about to die, like the first time a zombie started biting me, i quickly jumped up and switched the tv off, i dunno what it was, perhaps i thought if i cant see myself dying then it wont happen haha
dunno why i did that.

teal27

La Femme Fatale;47757 said:
Also, when I die, I never ever continue. I always turn off the machine and start again from the last save point, haha.

I do that! But more because I want to secure my "S" rank than anything else.

Let's see, I know I must have/have had some bad habits while playing RE5.
Well, for the longest time I was constantly forgetting to have Chris thank Sheva for healing/giving him stuff. Hee hee. Here he is, yelling at her to "C'mon!" and never once thanking her for all her hard work. Whatta jerk.
Needless to say, I didn't get the Who Do You Trust? trophy until the end of the game.:rolleyes: Now I make sure he thanks her for everything and compliments all her headshots and her melee attacks when the string with his and everything, ha ha. I bet she wishes he'd shut-up now.
Well, the only other "habit" I can think of is that I only play Sheva when I just want to look at Chris from an angle besides over his shoulder.
Lol.

that's all I can think of right now.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
La Femme Fatale;47729 said:
So, I think it might be fun to share the stupid, funny, or embarrassing habits we have when playing Resident Evil games. I remember Spike and I talked about collecting eggs a while ago, which gave me the idea for this.
Brilliant idea for a topic! :thumbs up: Oh wait- it also means that i'll embarrass myself to no end.. :blush::huh:

-When I was younger, I used to be too scared to actually play the game, so I'd 'stall' by putting the items in the item box in alphabetical order
To 'stall'? I don't think I understood. And it helped to have the inventory items in alphabetical order?

-I use to save all the flipping time. I mean, not like after a decent amount of time, I'd probably save after every couple of zombies, aha
Haha, I try to play too perfect (a bad habit in itself) and I used to save all the time. If I killed some ganados without missing a bullet and without getting hit then I would save. If I had luck when I smashed a crate or a vase I would save.
I'm trying to save less often now, but that also means I'm spending much more time replaying. :p
I've saved somewhere around 105 times in the middle of chapter 3. But most of the saves were at the farm when I stockpiled Gold Eggs. :p

-In RE 0, I'd always try to keep items in the same room. I got angry in the main hall of the mansion because I apparently had too many items there, and would have to put the rest somewhere else.
I don't know, but I could possibly get the same habit if I played that game. I like order and military precission sometimes.

-In RE 4, once I got the CT and IR, I never sold off any of the treasures, so now I've got tones of rubies, emeralds, spinels, velvet blues, and all the rest of the treasures, etc. It makes me feel rich. :lol:
Ha ha, I have not sold ONE single jewel in RE4. I save them for Ada. Nah just kidding. I don't sell them because I don't need the money. I sell eggs, ammo and other things, which have made Leon filthy rich.

La Femme Fatale;47757 said:
I almost can't believe this, we have so many similar habits. I never ever continue because I care so much about my stats. I rather reload even if that means I have to replay alot. But I do not reset the console, that would be a bit much.

teal27;47773 said:
Well, the only other "habit" I can think of is that I only play Sheva when I just want to look at Chris from an angle besides over his shoulder.
Lol.
LOL, another one who is perving on pixels? I don't think you're alone. :lol: (I know you're not alone.)

Another embarrassing habit I got is to not quit playing in time. I don't know how many times I've fallen asleep in front of the TV or the computer. I can sit upright and sleep lol.

And I reload every time I get unlucky or do something less than perfect. This is my worst habit. But on the good side, it means a LOT of practice which hopefully makes me somewhat good at what I'm doing. I've probably only saved one third (or less) of every hour I invested in this game, still save #105 says I've played about 70 hours. (Includes many idle hours too.)

Levan

Polkka. lol
I'm a guy who clearly gets hit a lot in RE4 especially in easy/normal runs(since I tend to be obsessive on firing at the enemy's head much more than any part of the body, causing me to miss sometimes) and if I get hit at least once or twice or use a healing item at a bad time, I usually restart at the last checkpoint. :p

Also I tend to keep a lot of healing items in any RE game I play, and later on I usually have like dozens of them in my storage boxes or inventory(if on RE4/RE5).

Same with bullets in the older games, since I tend to try and avoid most zombies instead of killing them.

One time I finished CVX with my shotgun and shotgun shells unused(as in I collected them all and never even used it, lol), 300+ hangun bullets, double machine guns 100%, that two guns that you get in the start(I forgot what name it was, they were like the double machine guns) at 100% as well, and finally lots and lots of bowgun arrows(though I didn't have any fire arrows, used them all up on bosses).

I couldn't count how many zombies I killed there, but I'm guessing I killed only a dozen or so... or even less actually.

teal27

Romero;47825 said:

LOL, another one who is perving on pixels? I don't think you're alone. :lol: (I know you're not alone.)

Oh, I don't know about "perving"; that sounds a bit raunchy. Just approaching the fine collection of polygons known as Chris Redfield with a very appreciative, artistic eye. lol. And mixing in some "ho-hum, real guys just don't make the grade anymore" observations, ha ha. True, I do get a little. . . enthusiastic in my praise sometimes though. ;)
Does Jill know how lucky she is?!

Levan, I do the same thing! I'm all about headshots. I don't miss much, typically, but it makes me rot on Mercs because everybody says melee combos are what it's all about on Mercs, but I'm so used to just nailing 'em right in the noggin and moving on that I just ROT! I have to re-wire my brain for Mercenaries.
I start easing off on headshots once I get in the middle of the Story mode and start using the shotgun over the handguns. Of course, there is always the sniper rifle! Woot!

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
teal27;47834 said:
Oh, I don't know about "perving"; that sounds a bit raunchy.
It sounds raunchy? Perhaps "perving" sounds less innocent than I thought... I'm not always that good at finding the right words.

Just approaching the fine collection of polygons known as Chris Redfield with a very appreciative, artistic eye. lol. And mixing in some "ho-hum, real guys just don't make the grade anymore" observations, ha ha. True, I do get a little. . . enthusiastic in my praise sometimes though. ;)
Haha, you have got a way with words. ;)

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
To 'stall'? I don't think I understood. And it helped to have the inventory items in alphabetical order?
To stall, as in to waste time. I used to be so scared to continue on in the game, I'd waste time getting to it by putting all the items in the item box in alphabetical order. It didn't really help, no.
Ha ha, I have not sold ONE sigle jewel in RE4. I save them for Ada. Nah just kidding. I don't sell them because I don't need the money. I sell eggs, ammo and other things, which have made Leon filthy rich.
Oh, not me. I'd prefer to eat the eggs for health rather than anything else because they took up alot less space. I'd sell first aid sprays if I needed to though, I tend to avoid using those whenever possible.

Kellyrose

When I was playing re1, I got into this habit of always looking over my shoulder because my brother would always sneak up and scare me while I was playing.

Nosophoros

Heh, my dad's done that a few times. Otherwise, the only other times I get scared are when I'm playing the first time or when I see an enemy just appears out of nowhere.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
La Femme Fatale;47876 said:
Oh, not me. I'd prefer to eat the eggs for health rather than anything else because they took up alot less space. I'd sell first aid sprays if I needed to though, I tend to avoid using those whenever possible.
Ummm... I could not avoid selling a few eggs.
444v.gif

I picked up 658 eggs, of which 122 were gold eggs.

The first aid spray is the first to sell, of course. I do often sell G+R herb mixtures too. I keep a couple eggs usually, but never gold eggs because they sell for 3000. I don't rely on eggs so much, because I prefer to heal with G+Y herbs.
(In case I didn't mention it, I'm talking about RE4.)

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
Ummm... I could not avoid selling a few eggs.
I picked up 658 eggs, of which 122 were gold eggs.
Okay, well, if you had 658 eggs then maybe you can afford to sell a few. I only pick up about half a dozen throughout each run through aha.

That's crazy though... 658?

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
La Femme Fatale;47952 said:

Okay, well, if you had 658 eggs then maybe you can afford to sell a few. I only pick up about half a dozen throughout each run through aha.

That's crazy though... 658?
Yes. :lol:
I counted when I sold them. I picked 651 at the farm. Leon had to take care of the animals there, to a point where he almost became farmer. :geek::lol:
The rest of the eggs were from snakes.

I'm not done, the total number will almost certainly increase as I find more snakes (hopefully).

Top Bottom