• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 7 Dunno know how to call this but that one scene in RE 7 trailer

Airaku

Stray Jedi
What leak are you talking about? I think I'm behind the times.

:O

This one right here :p Thank god someone screen capped it.

2eq7w3s.jpg

Airaku

Stray Jedi

Thank you for the link :) My respect for D.C. Douglas just skyrocketed, and it was already sky high. I'm so happy that he defended the developers and opened up on this. He feels exactly how I feel about the game and it's perception by the game. The game was very clearly stated to be a low budget competitive shooter. That is exactly what it is.

If his assumptions of it being an easter egg is correct. It would make sense, but at the same time it was mentioned a couple of time. I still think it's referring to someone else in the mission reports, and the voice is an easter egg. That's my take anyways.

I have no idea why people considered this game a Resident Evil game in the first place xD I think it's silly when people do that. It's not. It takes place in the universe and that's it.

black 93

Nothing would surprise me at this point, iv always been a little against the idea of Wesker coming back tbh. If he came back now id just feel a little like Capcom can't have the series without him. but still can't wait for this game. Iv played the demo a ton of times now and i just keep coming back. It's just the atmosphere of the house, it's the best atmosphere Capcom have created since the village of RE4. The ghost girl, the hillbilly walking past the open door, the trashed filthy house, im just like "what the hell happened here?" This game is going to be amazing, haters gunna hate, but iv had more of an urge to replay this 15 minute demo than i have any campaign of RE6. People were sceptical of RE4's massive departure, and it turned into one of the best of the series.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
Nothing would surprise me at this point, iv always been a little against the idea of Wesker coming back tbh. If he came back now id just feel a little like Capcom can't have the series without him. but still can't wait for this game. Iv played the demo a ton of times now and i just keep coming back. It's just the atmosphere of the house, it's the best atmosphere Capcom have created since the village of RE4. The ghost girl, the hillbilly walking past the open door, the trashed filthy house, im just like "what the hell happened here?" This game is going to be amazing, haters gunna hate, but iv had more of an urge to replay this 15 minute demo than i have any campaign of RE6. People were sceptical of RE4's massive departure, and it turned into one of the best of the series.

Why can't we have him? A lot of people would like a proper conclusion with Spencer. A lot of people are loving what they are doing with Alex Wesker. They just need better villains than a lot of side villains. Of the side villains Simmons was the best. Though they ****ed him up. He had so much potential and then he went full retard in Ada's part and a little bonkers near the end of Leon's story. If they kept him mysterious and manipulating from his position with the NSA. I think people would have liked him and he would have been a good villain, but nope. They screwed that up. He was very interesting at first and even in the trailers.

Even The Family had potential, be we don't need another name. Nor the Illuminati in the series. They can still do good with the Family if it's more connected to the main series. Otherwise we can just settle with "the family" son.

Cheer

Kamen Rider
Why can't we have him? A lot of people would like a proper conclusion with Spencer. A lot of people are loving what they are doing with Alex Wesker. They just need better villains than a lot of side villains. Of the side villains Simmons was the best. Though they ****ed him up. He had so much potential and then he went full retard in Ada's part and a little bonkers near the end of Leon's story. If they kept him mysterious and manipulating from his position with the NSA. I think people would have liked him and he would have been a good villain, but nope. They screwed that up. He was very interesting at first and even in the trailers.

Even The Family had potential, be we don't need another name. Nor the Illuminati in the series. They can still do good with the Family if it's more connected to the main series. Otherwise we can just settle with "the family" son.

I think Morgan Lansdale was a great villain.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
I think Morgan Lansdale was a great villain.

I didn't really care for him, but to be fair. They can at least bring him back and do more with him. His motives were really cool how he used bio-terrorism to fight bio-terrorism so the worlds government would take the threat more seriously. That was a very good motivation for a story. Neil was kind of the same, but he was following those footsteps. I also like Neil more because it felt more personal.

Raymond is a character I would like to see return. There is so much they can do with him and I can think of a cool plot twist they could use. I don't think he's really a "bad" guy though. I just see a lot of potential with him.

I'm just not sure if we'll see those characters again though. That cast is so over bloated as they keep adding new characters. They are going to need to start resolving characters now. So far Barry, Albert, and Spencer are the only returning characters to have any form of real closure. Technically William counts in that regard as well as he was technically in 0.

I'm starting to think the new character in RE7 is going to die at the end of the game xD

lorddemolatron

CP and BP fan forever
Hahaha I'm all over that page atm. Most of us seem to think the idea is silly over there. Some how it went from talking about RE to MGS in some areas xD

Maybe these paralels are true beacuse well i once played JP RE Rev 2 ( thanks on PC you can change language) and well most translated from that version of game by people on tumblr hint on something like Alex Wesker possibly tried to clone Albert Wesker from Raid mode text what well in normal ENG is censored and cutted completly, and this could possibly tie into UC and well possible this all theory on Wesker again alive and maybe seenable in RE 7

Cheer

Kamen Rider
I have a theory about how Albert Wesker could be alive. and its a really good one. After he took two rockets to the head and burned in the volcano. He descended to hell and challenged the Demon emperor and lose. So he becomes the demon emperor's Dark Angel. Then the Demon emperor decided to rule over the world of the living and he sent his dark Angel Albert.

Last edited:

Flipqy42

Nevermore
I have a theory about how Albert Wesker could be alive. and its a really good one. After he took two rockets to the head and burned in the volcano. He descended to hell and challenged the Demon emperor and lose. So he becomes the demon emperor's Dark Angel. Then the Demon emperor decided to rule over the world of the living and he sent his dark Angel Albert.

Could be a plot point for a RE/DMC crossover :p

lorddemolatron

CP and BP fan forever

like someone earlier sai that; this would be nice as fanfic xover

Airaku

Stray Jedi
Maybe these paralels are true beacuse well i once played JP RE Rev 2 ( thanks on PC you can change language) and well most translated from that version of game by people on tumblr hint on something like Alex Wesker possibly tried to clone Albert Wesker from Raid mode text what well in normal ENG is censored and cutted completly, and this could possibly tie into UC and well possible this all theory on Wesker again alive and maybe seenable in RE 7

I don't know about this one. Where was this in the game? I read a lot of translations and I heard nothing about this. I know that there were A LOT of people on DA coming up with desperate fantasies of this and tried to force it in, but there is no actually evidence or anything that I am aware of form the games. Even in the Jap versions. Plus it would have been made a big deal all over the internet. I don't want to name the person, but there is one girl who's from there that goes around spreading a lot of bull**** about both Wesker's and this sounds like one of them.

If you could find me a link on that page, I'd really like to read it. I'm just very skeptical about it for a lot of reasons. Both from the game's story and some interviews, plus I don't see why they would do that.

On the other hand. In Alex's main lab room that we find her in. There's all these egg like cocoons that are wired up in cyrotubes. The game gives absolutely no clue or indications to what they are. It's very much likely that it has to do with her immortality project and perhaps trying to grow new bodies for herself. Cloning her existing one or something.

I see no reason why Capcom would use Alex to bring Albert back. It makes no sense from a design or story view point. They built up a new story arch. Why would they build up a story and then decide to scrap it and use it as an excuse to bring back their old story arch because they regretted closing it? They closed Albert's story arch and opened Alex's in the same game. So the whole thing would make zero sense.

lorddemolatron

CP and BP fan forever
I don't know about this one. Where was this in the game? I read a lot of translations and I heard nothing about this. I know that there were A LOT of people on DA coming up with desperate fantasies of this and tried to force it in, but there is no actually evidence or anything that I am aware of form the games. Even in the Jap versions. Plus it would have been made a big deal all over the internet. I don't want to name the person, but there is one girl who's from there that goes around spreading a lot of bull**** about both Wesker's and this sounds like one of them.

If you could find me a link on that page, I'd really like to read it. I'm just very skeptical about it for a lot of reasons. Both from the game's story and some interviews, plus I don't see why they would do that.

On the other hand. In Alex's main lab room that we find her in. There's all these egg like cocoons that are wired up in cyrotubes. The game gives absolutely no clue or indications to what they are. It's very much likely that it has to do with her immortality project and perhaps trying to grow new bodies for herself. Cloning her existing one or something.

I see no reason why Capcom would use Alex to bring Albert back. It makes no sense from a design or story view point. They built up a new story arch. Why would they build up a story and then decide to scrap it and use it as an excuse to bring back their old story arch because they regretted closing it? They closed Albert's story arch and opened Alex's in the same game. So the whole thing would make zero sense.

Actually someone wrote that thing in one of comments i seen on one page:

There are significant hints in REV2 that Alex may have cloned Albert in some way.

She refers to him as Gregor and likens herself to Greta, blaming herself for his death because she felt she abandoned him, as Greta abandoned Gregor. She resolves to not do this, but at first glance it appears there's no way she can't not do it since it already happened and he's dead.

However, RAID Mode's system messages mention the "Gregor Project", and the machine refers to the test subject as Gregor. The English version removes these references completely. Then in one of the files, she says that she will not abandon him and will "share in my true brother's destiny."

As for the question of how he could be cloned, cloning has been a working concept since the first game, and as early as the 1970's for human cloning in the timeline (like Metal Gear Solid). The Ashford twins and Sergei Vladimir are a notable examples. The C-Virus is another method, there are minor issues that make me sceptical, but they're easily resolved by simply saying a sample was recovered during a bioterrorism incident, something that's unavoidable since even a tissue fragment of an infected creature can yield the virus. It is how t-Veronica and the G-Virus are recovered.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
Actually someone wrote that thing in one of comments i seen on one page:

There are significant hints in REV2 that Alex may have cloned Albert in some way.

She refers to him as Gregor and likens herself to Greta, blaming herself for his death because she felt she abandoned him, as Greta abandoned Gregor. She resolves to not do this, but at first glance it appears there's no way she can't not do it since it already happened and he's dead.

However, RAID Mode's system messages mention the "Gregor Project", and the machine refers to the test subject as Gregor. The English version removes these references completely. Then in one of the files, she says that she will not abandon him and will "share in my true brother's destiny."

As for the question of how he could be cloned, cloning has been a working concept since the first game, and as early as the 1970's for human cloning in the timeline (like Metal Gear Solid). The Ashford twins and Sergei Vladimir are a notable examples. The C-Virus is another method, there are minor issues that make me sceptical, but they're easily resolved by simply saying a sample was recovered during a bioterrorism incident, something that's unavoidable since even a tissue fragment of an infected creature can yield the virus. It is how t-Veronica and the G-Virus are recovered.

You actually do have a point here now that you pointed it out. This certainly isn't part of the bull**** that said person was spreading around of which came to mind. Though I'm still not entirely convinced if this is the case or if they are really doing this. It just wouldn't make sense from a design point of view and now that fans are finally over him, Capcom would be shooting themselves in the foot imho. I think it's a bad idea and I don't think it would work out very well, but maybe that's just me.

The thing that bugs me is that if we do go by the evidence in the game. We know that Albert was looking into Project W. after Spencer him about it. The final document in the main story (not DLC) of RE5 is signed by Alex W. and is about Project W. Which tells us Albert was looking into it. Suggesting he hasn't figured it all out yet as he's trying to find the answers on the side of his plans. Then in Revelations 2 we learn that they had on and off contact and we also know that they knew each other at Umbrella. Suggesting that Albert knew about Alex, but may have not known the truth about Project W or the fact she is a "Wesker". He may have been left in the dark on this one and Alex took care of him from the shadows. Which ironically, would make sense with the Greta/Gregor connection. So if we take the evidence from both games, this could very well be the case. Sometimes I wonder how Albert would take it if he knew, or what Alex would do if she surpassed him. They are both incredibly selfish and self-serving people that I'm not even sure if they could co-exist once they become "god status". I just get the feeling that if one would step on the other one's foot. All hell would break loose. I don't doubt for a second that Alex would rip him a new one, and with Capcom's incredibly stupid comparison of the Wesker's and the Ashford's..... ugh! Any way now I'm way off track from the facts and into the speculation xD Alex very much cares for him, but the question is how far does that go and to what extent. A lot less is answered than we seemingly believe. So I remain conflicted both ways until we get more answers :p

The C-Virus theory is popular amongst fans and it's one that I've played with for a while. Once I really thought about it I realized that you need the DNA of the original to make it work. So unless she's storing Albert's DNA, which is ****ed up in its own rights.... but then again she prepares for every last variable unlike anyone else in the series. It just wouldn't work. A piece of rock from his remains wouldn't do jack ****.

As for the bit about sharing in his fate. That was a reference to how she would die and then be reborn stronger than ever. Which is what happened. Then they decided to take that a step further and make a stupid joke over it by having her "expendable body" take a direct hit from an RPG by a Redfield in a helicopter -_- I thought it was stupid and I perceived it as Capcom having a rude laugh about Albert's death.
I'm 99% sure that was the whole point with the share fate thing. With her return being the main point.

At this point. Capcom is going to do what ever they want, probably even add another retcon here and there.

lorddemolatron

CP and BP fan forever
And well another bit of info from Re Rev 2 i again seen on one page ( guy writing that and text from one mine earlier post is actually same one who someone call the Newsbot):

Additionally, the story in REV2's RAID mode features an unknown character Alex is attached to just as much as she was to Albert. That's cause for alarm, particularly when she talks about a project with her nickname for him and is training "Gregor" presumably after her death as the messages are actually the Red Queen Alpha vocalizing. The English version replaces all of this with some twisted mental SAW experiment.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
And well another bit of info from Re Rev 2 i again seen on one page ( guy writing that and text from one mine earlier post is actually same one who someone call the Newsbot):

Additionally, the story in REV2's RAID mode features an unknown character Alex is attached to just as much as she was to Albert. That's cause for alarm, particularly when she talks about a project with her nickname for him and is training "Gregor" presumably after her death as the messages are actually the Red Queen Alpha vocalizing. The English version replaces all of this with some twisted mental SAW experiment.

Ugh Newsbot.... I shouldn't have been surprised. I don't really like the guy at times. I've talked to him once and he's actually pretty nice, but he states everything as if they are facts and as if he is always right. He doesn't seem to acknowledge that he's wrong from and interview. He hasn't always been right and his track record is rather shakey but I am curious to see how he gets his information. He acts like he's an insider and if he is it would be nice if he could explain it a bit without him getting himself in trouble. He's a very smart guy, there's no denying that but I do think he gets ahead of himself with certain things.

As for that Raid mode bit. That actually makes me even more skeptical. The Biohazard brand is seen a little different in the east. The fans are far more accepting to stuff like Umbrella Corps and fun things like that. So it's possible that as an easter egg the players there are suggestively playing as Albert. That wouldn't surprise me in the least bit, and it would have been as canon as Albert and Rebecca in RE0. Now I'm not saying this is the case but it's the vibe I'm getting from it now. It's somehow confusing me and making things more clear in a weird way *shakes had* I don't even know anymore xD The two versions are seemingly so different with some of the dialogue. The Jap version actually uses the word spirit and that changes the entire context of the consciousness and Alex's transfer procedure.

As for Alex and SaW experiments. Well.... I really got the whole Jigsaw vibes in the single player. All those games, ****ed up traps and **** in Claire's campaign. The whole thing was a sick game to her and she even admitted enjoying it to Barry when she laughed at his question on Moira. Though she wasn't Jigsaw, she was more like Hoffman. She didn't even give her victims a fair chance. Only the illusion of a chance. Her torture experiments are even more disgusting when you go into the documents and then closely observe the enemies character models. A lot of thought when into it and it really impressed me :p

Top Bottom