• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 4 Does the story differe depending on which mode you play on?

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Dos;64080 said:
Easy isn't worth the effort anyway...stick to normal and pro ;)
I agree. I found normal mode too easy the first time I played RE4! I wish all modes was harder.

Dos

Yeah, with the exception of Chapter 4-1 and to a lesser extent 3-1, Normal only really becomes a little challenging in Chapter 5. Whereas on pro it is almost instantly hard- notice how on pro the villagers don't pause when they run up to attack you with say an axe, but they just run and swing the axe at you while still running full pelt? At first that aspect of pro really threw me!

MeinHerzBrennt

Zombie Butt Kicker
On my game, I don't have an easy mode. It's only normal and professional. Am I suppose to do something to get the easy mode? I'm really condfused:lol:

Elochai

Tiger Army Never Dies!
Premium
Which game system are you all playing it on? And which edition are you playing?

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Dos;64095 said:
on pro the villagers don't pause when they run up to attack you with say an axe, but they just run and swing the axe at you while still running full pelt?
That sounds much harder! I use only the knife on single enemies, maybe on Hard you have to stun them with a bullet first.

IAmEvil;64135 said:
On my game, I don't have an easy mode. It's only normal and professional. Am I suppose to do something to get the easy mode? I'm really condfused:lol:
Perhaps the Easy mode is no longer available after you have beat the game?
Are you playing on Wii?

Dos

I had a free night last night so I decided to put my figures to test, by playing throught the entirety of the Village and Castle on easy and then on normal. I found that so far I appear to have overestimated a little...

Here are my kill figures for each chapter. A few notes first though:

-I had a Chicago Typewriter, infinite Handcannon and fully upgraded semi-auto rifle for both easy and normal.

-I doubled back to kill new Ganados and other enemies that spawn whenever possible, for example on the alternative route back to the church from the lake, went back into the church to kill the two Zealot bowman who tried to kill Leon in the cutscene, outside the castle gate (they don't spawn on easy mode), the Novistador sewer, at the beginning of Ch 4-1 when you go back to get the Broken Butterfly, and on the clocktower on the upper level (again, doesn't happen on easy).

- Took both routes in Chapter 2-3 to get from the cabin area to the gondola lift area.

- I gave the church bell a massive spray with the CTW in Chapter 1-3, on both easy and normal. This should attract an additional six Ganados, and they come from the direction of the tunnel that goes back to the centre of the village.

- During the two Garradors fight, I stayed away from the top part of the room so Zealots wouldn't spawn down the bottom.

- During the Salazar fight, I didn't go down the bottom once, so that the spider Plagas wouldn't spawn. Because they'll spawn all day if you let them so that would distort the figures.

Anyhow, these are the figures I came up with.

Chapter 1-1
Easy- 37 kills
Normal- 40 kills

Chapter 1-2
Easy- 52 kills
Normal- 54 kills

Chapter 1-3
Easy- 61 kills
Normal- 61 kills

Total so far=
Easy 150, Normal 155

Chapter 2-1
Easy- 29 kills
Normal- 32 kills

Chapter 2-2
Easy- 52 kills
Normal- 70 kills

Chapter 2-3
Easy- 54 kills
Normal- 54 kills

Total so far
Easy 285, Normal 311

Chapter 3-1
Easy 63 kills
Normal 91 kills

Chapter 3-2
Easy 44 kills
Normal 67 kills

Chapter 3-3
Easy 11 kills
Normal 25 kills

Chapter 3-4
Easy 11 kills
Normal 13 kills

Total so far
Easy 414, Normal 507

Chapter 4-1
Easy 32 kills
Normal 90 kills

Chapter 4-2
Easy 38 kills
Normal 57 kills

Chapter 4-3
Easy 59 kills
Normal 71 kills

Chapter 4-4
Easy 47 kills
Normal 53 kills

Total after Chapter 4
Easy 590 kills
Normal 778 kills

Will do a Chapter 5 comparison when I get a chance. But I don't think the difference there is THAT much. Not compared to the castle anyway.

What's interesting is that at the end of the village, I had only killed 26 more enemies on normal mode- but at the end of the castle this figure had swelled to 188! So I killed 162 more enemies in the castle on normal compared to easy- 305 in easy compared to 467 in normal.

If you look at my earlier post where I made estimated comparisons, you'll see I overestimated the difference in the village (my estimates totalled 43, in reality when I played it was only 26), but that I got the castle almost exactly right (my estimates totalled 158, the reality was in fact slightly larger at 162).

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Good work Dos!

With Handcannon you don't have to shoot the Garrador's plaga? You can just blast it head on a few times and it falls?

I have compared your numbers with mine and to my surprise they differ alot. I play on Normal mode and I am supposed to get the full amount of enemies because I never die (when you fail a few times, the game will reduce the number of enemies). But you got more enemies than I did on almost every chapter!

I thought I had killed everything there was to kill. I always backtrack to get the respawned enemies. I shot the church bell until no more Ganados came. Etc etc.

Here are my kill figures:

Chapter 1-1: 35 kills (one Dr Salvador escaped, I didn't know about him). (You 40 kills.)
Chapter 1-2: 48 kills. (You 54.)
Chapter 1-3: 57 kills. (You 61.)

Chapter 2-1: 29 kills. (You 32.)
Chapter 2-2: 64 kills. (You 70.)
Chapter 2-3: 58 kills. (You 54.)

Chapter 3-1: 95 kills. (You 91.)
Chapter 3-2: 62 kills. (You 67.)
Chapter 3-3: 23 kills. (You 25.)
Chapter 3-4: 13 kills. (You 13.)

Chapter 4-1: 88 kills. (You 90.)

On two chapters (2-3 and 3-1) I killed more than you. But on most chapters you killed several more enemies than I did, but how? What did you do? Do you kill all hens, cows and Merchants?
As I already have stated, I always backtrack to find more enemies. I don't understand how you found more.

From chapter 3-3 detached spider plagas can perhaps be the reason. They appear a bit random and they count as a kill.

bruno

Chief Researcher
Romero;64252 said:
On two chapters (2-3 and 3-1) I killed more than you. But on most chapters you killed several more enemies than I did, but how? What did you do? Do you kill all hens, cows and Merchants?
As I already have stated, I always backtrack to find more enemies. I don't understand how you found more.

From chapter 3-3 detached spider plagas can perhaps be the reason. They appear a bit random and they count as a kill.

Maybe the crows, fish (at the village sewers), snakes, cows, merchants, etc count as enemies killed.

Dos

I don't really have an answer to be honest, Romero! What round was your play through? Mine was the fourth (in other words, I had beaten the game three times previously on that Normal file), and sometimes (up to a certain point, say three or four rounds in) slightly more enemies are present on each playthrough compared to the previous one on that file. This is most noticable on the second play through compared to the first, but it's quite possible it happens to a lesser degree on third and even fourth playthroughs as well.

One thing I will say, the amount of enemies you kill in some scenes is slightly hit and miss and depends on your tactics. This is particularly so when a cutscene signals the end of a battle- I'm referring specifically referring to the original fight in the village (when the church bells end the fight) and the cabin at the end of Chapter 2-2.

So what I mean by this, say you've just thrown a frag grenade into a group of six or seven oncoming Ganados, then it explodes and kills them all instantly...now the game obviously has a set quota of kills before the cutscene will play...let's say in initial village fight that it's fifteen. But if my lovely frag grenade thrown into the middle of a mob of seven kills them all, and I was already on fourteen kills in that area, then I have gone six above the quota...and you say you killed five less than me in Chapter 1-1 so perhaps something like that happened. In fact if I remember rightly, the cutscene in the village DID play after I killed a mob of Ganados in exactly that fashion. Exactly the same principle applies in the cabin fight.

As for the differences in chapters like 1-2, that is rather odd. I'm fairly certain that in 1-2, for example, there are a set number of enemies in that mountain/valley fortress area and the factory beyond it- that is, the same number will always be present regardless of where you go and what you do. As I said, maybe this comes back to what round your playthrough is?

I kill the crows but never worry about the chickens, fish, cows or the Merchants. I'm almost 100% certain they don't count as kills, and neither do the crows. Not sure about the snakes, somehow I doubt whether they count though.

On another note, I did my Normal playthrough of Chapter 5, still have to do it on Easy to compare, but the figures I came up with were:

Chapter 5-1
86 kills

Chapter 5-2
108 kills

Chapter 5-3
34 kills

Chapter 5-4
97 kills

Final Chapter
1 kill (why does the game not count Saddler as a kill?? Always seemed very odd to me. I count it regardless.)

Total including Saddler: 1104 kills

Dos

Oh I've just thought of one other thing, Romero- what version of the game do you have? I have the GameCube version. And I know that, for example, the GameCube version has higher numbers of enemies in some areas compared to the PS2 version. No idea about how it compares to the PC or Wii versions though.

bruno

Chief Researcher
I think the PC version is a port of the ps2 version (at least, they have the same extras), so it probably has the same number of enemies, unless they reduced it due to the crappyness of that version (i noticed a change in some of the villagers' scentences)

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Dos;64262 said:
I don't really have an answer to be honest, Romero! What round was your play through? Mine was the fourth (in other words, I had beaten the game three times previously on that Normal file), and sometimes (up to a certain point, say three or four rounds in) slightly more enemies are present on each playthrough compared to the previous one on that file.
I'm on the first play through. That's why I don't have any numbers for chapter 4-2 and later chapters.

Dos;64262 said:
One thing I will say, the amount of enemies you kill in some scenes is slightly hit and miss and depends on your tactics. This is particularly so when a cutscene signals the end of a battle- I'm referring specifically referring to the original fight in the village (when the church bells end the fight) and the cabin at the end of Chapter 2-2.
Chapter 1-1 and 2-2 are special because of the cut scene that ends the fight. I did certainly not end the village fight with a grenade, and I probably did not end the cabin fight with a grenade. Other than this, I don't know of any places where different tactics can change the number of enemies.
In Mendez' house on chapter 1-2, I did go to the toilet to find that one Ganado.
On the chapter 2-2 cabin fight, Leon are credited all kills done by Luis?

Dos;64262 said:
I kill the crows but never worry about the chickens, fish, cows or the Merchants. I'm almost 100% certain they don't count as kills, and neither do the crows. Not sure about the snakes, somehow I doubt whether they count though.
I kill all crows and all snakes, but only the fish I need. I kill no other harmless creatures.
I have tested it; killed crows do not count in the kills stat. I think the same is true for all other harmless creatures.
But I do think snakes counts as "enemies", they are hostile after all. I kill all snakes for the eggs anyway.

Dos;64264 said:
Oh I've just thought of one other thing, Romero- what version of the game do you have? I have the GameCube version. And I know that, for example, the GameCube version has higher numbers of enemies in some areas compared to the PS2 version. No idea about how it compares to the PC or Wii versions though.
I have the PS2 version and for some reason I thought you had the same version as me. This can explain the differences.

bruno;64270 said:
I think the PC version is a port of the ps2 version (at least, they have the same extras), so it probably has the same number of enemies, unless they reduced it due to the crappyness of that version (i noticed a change in some of the villagers' scentences)
Crappyness? Do you think that the PS2/PC version is crappy?

Dos

Dragging up something a little old, but I remembered that on easy mode each shotgun shell box each holds 25 shells- whereas on normal and pro it's only 15. I'm not sure if there are any other guns that have a difference though.

bruno

Chief Researcher
Crappyness? Do you think that the PS2/PC version is crappy?

The PC version is crappy, It was PSone graphics or worse. Capcom released some graphics patches, but it doesn't get much better.
I noticed that some enemies in the PC version say "Lord Saddler" when you finish them.

Edit: I forgot to say it's controls are horrible. I'd have more fun playing Tetris than this version of RE4.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I have the Wii version of the game...and there is no easy mode...i mean...not that i can find...granted i dont really need it considering how many times ive beat normal and pro with NO problems...but id still like to find out if this so called easy mode exists lol...ive had the game since 07 and this is the first ive heard of it...

bruno

Chief Researcher
Yes, it does exist. Probably they've excluded it from the wii version because it was too easy and to make the game lighter (since there were a lot of changes in that mode).

Top Bottom