• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil - Code: Veronica Did anyone else really like steve burnside?

L

Lurker
Steve was the most unlikely survivor ever. I'm not sure how he even knew how to hold a gun properly, let alone shoot one without hurting/breaking his fingers/wrist.

ClaireB

The Lovely Redfield<3
Steve was the most unlikely survivor ever. I'm not sure how he even knew how to hold a gun properly, let alone shoot one without hurting/breaking his fingers/wrist.
I'm guessing you're just another one of the people who were paranoid about his original voice actor? Well, you're wrong anyways... Ashley was the worst survivor ever. Besides, from what I can remember, Steve saved my life more times than Leon did, and he even died to protect me... U Mad? XD Lol

L

Lurker
I'm guessing you're just another one of the people who were paranoid about his original voice actor? Well, you're wrong anyways... Ashley was the worst survivor ever. Besides, from what I can remember, Steve saved my life more times than Leon did, and he even died to protect me... U Mad? XD Lol
I didn't mind the voice acting. I've played Blue Dragon without muting it, I can handle anything. And Ashley was barely a survivor, she was kidnapped. There was nothing to survive from. Steve is good, but it just seems unlikely that in a real apocalypse, he would survive the first few days.

ClaireB

The Lovely Redfield<3
I didn't mind the voice acting. I've played Blue Dragon without muting it, I can handle anything. And Ashley was barely a survivor, she was kidnapped. There was nothing to survive from. Steve is good, but it just seems unlikely that in a real apocalypse, he would survive the first few days.
Well, I was just saying that she didn't even know how to take care of herself, even if she was kidnapped, she still needed help from jumping off a small edge. (Instead of climbing down the ladders, which would be safer to do...) Though, in Darkside Chronicles, CAPCOM makes Steve a bit more accurate for being 17... (With less 'fighting skills'/experience) I do have to agree with you becuase it does seem inaccurate with the way Steve fought in CV, especially for being alone through half of it.

Reactions: L

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.
I loved everything about him exept his voice.... it was worse than biebers (Almost) and thats saying something!

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
I'd say that's just typically Capcom, at least for RE. Somehow every character in this series is ridiculously skilled for their age. As for Steve, I find him quite annoying sometimes, but he's also one of the more memorable characters because of his rather unique personality. Of course there are other boys and girls like him in games as well as in reality, but most of the people we control in RE are rather the typical selfless hero types, while Steve is mostly looking out for himself and has a more complex background.

ClaireB

The Lovely Redfield<3
I like him, though I wonder how he knew how to fly a plane.
Yeah I was also wondering that... Especially because he was so young, too... o_O Wasn't he like, 17? D; Yeah, he knew more about that kind of stuff than what Leon did back in Raccoon City. XD

ClaireB

The Lovely Redfield<3
I'd say that's just typically Capcom, at least for RE. Somehow every character in this series is ridiculously skilled for their age. As for Steve, I find him quite annoying sometimes, but he's also one of the more memorable characters because of his rather unique personality. Of course there are other boys and girls like him in games as well as in reality, but most of the people we control in RE are rather the typical selfless hero types, while Steve is mostly looking out for himself and has a more complex background.
Yeah I agree! :D It really annoyed me how he would always run off and leave me, especially since we were partners and all... >_< But, he saved me so many times, and he really didn't deserve the death that he got... Wait, no, he didn't deserve to die at all! DX I still don't (and might not ever know) what Wesker did to him! Dx I mean, it was horrible just having to see him slowly die in my arms! D'x Does anyone else miss him, too? D:

ClaireB

The Lovely Redfield<3
And I've heard that most people hate CODE: Veronica because CAPCOM made me fall for a guy who was annoying and weird, instead of Leon... Dx (Who went for Ada) Most people prefer me to be with Leon than with Steve, just because everyone hates Steve... D; I like Leon a lot though, but as a close friend. ^.^ *sigh* I would have probably of been with Steve by now, but ... Yeah I'm not really sure what CAPCOM, or even Wesker for that matter did with him. :( Well, I really wish people would stop putting me with Leon though... D: Wait... Was anyone else confused with what Wesker said at the end of CV too? I know he said his men took him, but didn't he also say that he would bring him back to see me again? 0_o Oh god... Dx

Steve Burnside

Rockfort Prison, Detainee 0267
I totally agree! XD But aside from my 'fixed' quote that would be amazing to see those two work together. *drool* I would have an infinite nerdgasm and die happy.

Oh wait... We were talking about Steve here and I got SO distracted by that thought. Anywho, I LOVED Steve ;_; I really cried when he died at the end of CV. He's one of my favorites and I would really love to see something on him again... like a file or what really happened... was Wesker just toying with Claire? I guess we'll never know.
Yep, even I'M still waiting to see if CAPCOM is either going to bring me back, or just keep me here, with Wesker .. O_e But I'm glad someone on here cares about me.. xD

Steve Burnside

Rockfort Prison, Detainee 0267
And I've heard that most people hate CODE: Veronica because CAPCOM made me fall for a guy who was annoying and weird, instead of Leon... Dx (Who went for Ada) Most people prefer me to be with Leon than with Steve, just because everyone hates Steve... D; I like Leon a lot though, but as a close friend. ^.^ *sigh* I would have probably of been with Steve by now, but ... Yeah I'm not really sure what CAPCOM, or even Wesker for that matter did with him. :( Well, I really wish people would stop putting me with Leon though... D: Wait... Was anyone else confused with what Wesker said at the end of CV too? I know he said his men took him, but didn't he also say that he would bring him back to see me again? 0_o Oh god... Dx
O___o ......Claire?

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking

lol, I guess that makes sense.

Steve was cool. I know he gets tons of hate, but he was an alright character. We got to know him throughout the game, and he wasn't forced on us like Sheva was in RE5, so there ya go.

Steve Burnside, he gets a thumbs up from me.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium
Steve Burnside was inevitably going to die. He was meant to be like Nosferatu Type 2 I'm guessing. Him being locked dwon there by Alexia and him being an experiment like her father was (Although stronger).

Wesker hinted he would bring him back...But, can't see it happening.

ClaireB

The Lovely Redfield<3
Steve Burnside was inevitably going to die. He was meant to be like Nosferatu Type 2 I'm guessing. Him being locked dwon there by Alexia and him being an experiment like her father was (Although stronger).

Wesker hinted he would bring him back...But, can't see it happening.
Well, it's been rumored that I'll star in a new 3DS game called 'Downfall', where I witness the; 'Downfall of humanity' etc, etc.. Anyways, I really can't see why I would be in another game, unless Steve were in it somewhere... Because 1, I already found my brother, and 2, because Jake is also supposed to be in the game, (and Wesker said he could come back) ;o

Aleck

Biohazard
Well, it's been rumored that I'll star in a new 3DS game called 'Downfall', where I witness the; 'Downfall of humanity' etc, etc.. Anyways, I really can't see why I would be in another game, unless Steve were in it somewhere... Because 1, I already found my brother, and 2, because Jake is also supposed to be in the game, (and Wesker said he could come back) ;o

Errr...ummm...:eek:...

Well now, I know that people keep saying she's not going to comeback, but I think there's another story to be told and if it may be her last; it should involve Steve, Sherry, and maybe cameos by Chris and Leon to close things out. I don't like writing stories that will never get used or read, so my ideas stop with these brief suggestions. Otherwise, I'd write the damn thing. Same goes for the inconsistent movie universe.:mad::cool:

Flipqy42

Nevermore
I didn't mind Steve. Sure he acted like a jerk-ass at times, but he was 17, locked in an Umbrella prison, parents dead, and in the middle of a zombie outbreak. I probably would have acted the same way. (I wouldn't have the annoying voice, but I'd defiantly want Claire.;) )

And while I'm sure that Wesker was taunting Claire when he told her that Steve would come back, I wouldn't mind him coming back. (but only in a game with Claire.)

Kristen00

I realise I already posted this idea in another thread, but I thought, why not post it here too. :p
I honestly think in the next Resident Evil games they should turn Steve into the new 'Wesker' and although he will appear to be very human, alot of his humanity would have been lost after being brought back to life. And that in some sick sort of way, Wesker treated him like a son; maybe because deep down he felt a small amount of regret in abandoning his own biological kin, which would be a great way to bring both Claire and Jake into the mix.
Claire, because she finds out and is both horrified and determined to prove that there is still good in him (she can pull a Luke Skywalker, haha) and throughout their interactions you will begin to see that Steve does still love her somewhere deep inside - although he will try and fight it - and Jake since he really WAS Albert Weskers son and somehow feels obligated to rectify his fathers mistakes.
Also, maybe there will be a little bit of rivalry between Steve and Jake, the abandoned child and the adopted prodigal son, which could make things a little more interesting. One whos following in Weskers footsteps and the other who is fighting against his own worst instincts. Plus, even though Jake is determind to be nothing like his father, he might still feel bitter about his abandonment and Steve's situation might be like rubbing salt on the wounds. So they might naturally hate each other and become the new Wesker/Chris.
And to answer the original poster, I also loved Steve in Code Veronica! There is something about reckless male characters with, eventually, good intentions that draw me in. Especially when they are involved in a love story, which might explain why Steve and Jake are currently my favourites. :p

ClaireB

The Lovely Redfield<3
..I am now very interested in what you're thinking. xD And to add, I thought Steve was an interesting character in the original CV, just because of his unusual and unexpected past behind his behaviors, but the remake in DSC just made me love him even more, just because of how hot they made him. O.O .. Anyways, I hope CAPCOM remembers what Wesker said, and plans a revival for him ASAP~! <.3

Top Bottom