• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil - Code: Veronica Did anyone else really like steve burnside?

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I love Steve, he's my third favorite male character behind Leon and Carlos, and my fifth favorite period behind Leon, Jill, Carlos, and Rebecca...

BioHazzard

I love resident evil and HUNK is God!
I love Steve, he's my third favorite male character behind Leon and Carlos, and my fifth favorite period behind Leon, Jill, Carlos, and Rebecca...
my favourite character in the whole resident evil series is........... HUNK!!!

Loki

The Trickster
Premium
Claire and Steve are both great characters, I think they were really good together.

Lil Nuggets

The guy who spins his pencil thinking its cool
Yeah I liked his overall character and personallity, and i felt sad when he died. Though i took him a lot more serious in darkside chronicles cause of the more prudent decision for his voice actor

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Yeah I liked his overall character and personallity, and i felt sad when he died. Though i took him a lot more serious in darkside chronicles cause of the more prudent decision for his voice actor
So, do you like the DC or the CVX version better?

Lil Nuggets

The guy who spins his pencil thinking its cool
Definitely the one in CVX cause he had more story and personality, while the DC one just had a good voice actor and not so much story (which is understandable cause it's not like the "whole" game is revolved around CV)

Aleck

Biohazard
I liked him a little, but he annoyed me with his recklessness and his immaturity. I guess that's part of the charm though. By the end of Code Veronica, I was dreading learning that he had been killed off or something. I felt so bad for Claire after we see that they turned Steve into a beast of some sort. I was thinking.."No...No...No..." :( And then, I ran for the hills and cried my eyes out when I made it to safety.

Okay, so I didn't cry, but the story won me over and I felt bad for them both. I suppose there's no rule written where Steve has to make an appearance as the monster he has probably evolved into. . . but it would be nice for the RE team to tie that loose end in the rumored upcoming RE game with Claire in it. It would make sense to put him in there instead of RE6 as some have theorized.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
. . . but it would be nice for the RE team to tie that loose end in the rumored upcoming RE game with Claire in it. It would make sense to put him in there instead of RE6 as some have theorized.
I disagree here...I don't think they should put him in a game with Claire just because they have a history together...I mean...All characters are supposed to be able to stand alone...Not latch off of another character..Jill proved that in RE3 she didn't NEED Chris...he wasn't even in the game except for a few mentions...Honestly, Steve has a good opening to come back...Claire, however, should be done with the series...

Aleck

Biohazard
I don't know. I've always hoped that Claire would make a big comeback to the game series in her own adventure with guns a blazing, akin to Alice in Resident Evil Apocalypse. She would have made the decision to be both a rescuer and a fighter after learning that Chris almost lost his mind in RE6 and that Leon was tied up cleaning up the mess made in the U.S.

Claire might recruit Jill Valentine and even maybe Rebbecca Chambers in her mission. It's not a bad idea I think. The story would have to be a lot more detailed and better constructed of course, but I can get behind it 100% if done right. They would introduce a small cast of supporting characters to keep things fresh.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I don't know. I've always hoped that Claire would make a big comeback to the game series in her own adventure with guns a blazing, akin to Alice in Resident Evil Apocalypse. She would have made the decision to be both a rescuer and a fighter after learning that Chris almost lost his mind in RE6 and that Leon was tied up cleaning up the mess made in the U.S.

Claire might recruit Jill Valentine and even maybe Rebbecca Chambers in her mission. It's not a bad idea I think. The story would have to be a lot more detailed and better constructed of course, but I can get behind it 100% if done right. They would introduce a small cast of supporting characters to keep things fresh.
I just don't like that...I mean...Claire has been in not one...Not two...But THREE outbreaks in the past...I think she's tired of fighting...She knows she can only survive so much...And she, like everybody else, IS aging...Claire is smart...She's definitely one of the strongest characters in the RE universe...So to bring her back would be ruining her...She now works behind the scenes...And it's a very noble thing she's doing, even if not on the frontline...I really hope I'm not coming off as anti-Claire...Because I think she's a great character...WAY better than her brother...But I think once a character has served their time they should be done...Regardless of how good or cool they are...Chris is nearing his end too...I think and hope this will be his last game...He's getting old and reckless, and this game ISN'T going to end well for him...And if this is Chris' last run...Then what does that really leave for Claire...In two of the three incidents she was involved in, she was looking for Chris...There's no need to look for Chris anymore...he's not a target for Umbrella...The third outbreak was merely coincidental...And it had a great ending...I wouldn't want to see such an ending spoiled...Rebecca and Jill still have some fight left though...Capcom should leave the rest to them..

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
Rebecca and Jill still have some fight left though, and some chick sex to have.. plenty of that...Capcom should leave the rest to them..

I totally agree! XD But aside from my 'fixed' quote that would be amazing to see those two work together. *drool* I would have an infinite nerdgasm and die happy.

Oh wait... We were talking about Steve here and I got SO distracted by that thought. Anywho, I LOVED Steve ;_; I really cried when he died at the end of CV. He's one of my favorites and I would really love to see something on him again... like a file or what really happened... was Wesker just toying with Claire? I guess we'll never know.

JMG29

To Let The World Be
Steve looks like Leon's c-virus cloned off-spring, which is why I hope he comes back (recloned) in Resident Evil 6.

Imagine. In Leon's scenario, he has to kill his high pitched hipster clone/son! Has Leon ever cried in the games? Not even a little manly tear? This could be the time his eyes finally water down!

ClaireB

The Lovely Redfield<3
He wasn't so bad in "Darkside Chronicles" though.
I agree! ^-^ CAPCOM definetely gained some more Steve fans becuase of their little 'upgrade' for him in DSC. xD They made him look a lot like Leon though... But hey, that's never a bad thing, right? (;

Top Bottom