• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Damnation; The Sequel To Degeneration, And Prequel To RE6

Domasio

Leon Sandwich ^_^
I watched this with my friend the other day. We want to hold a personal recognition for each and every fallen licker because we felt sorry for them towards the end xD

Anyway
Can someone please help explain to me how buddy survived not turning, and why Leon paralysed him?

I guess since Plaga attach themselves to your central nervous system by clamping onto the spine, that the spine had to be destroyed so the Plaga could no longer control Buddy.

letmelive311

I agree this movie was really good and a definite step up from the first. Leon kicked major ass, I thought he litterally was going to die during the tyrant scene...he only ended up with a knife, I mean come on? lol. But hes a true bad ass.

Wish there was more RE character involvement then Leon and Ada. Like when Leon gets his ass saved when the tyrant blows up in front of him, I first thought (pilot Chris R. saves the day and bombs the tyrant in his tracks) but no.

I like how cap com is involving more drinking with characters, or just more human like qualities. Like when TJ talks all slang and about America, then how Leon mentions hes hungry. Makes everything more real, then just this fantasy world.

I still think Chris can woop Leon in the butt, I mean he did handle wesker pretty good, and hes got some muscles! lol

This is a must see it for yourself.

MetalGamer2

Survivor
I loved Damnation! This might be a bit of a stretch, but I, personally, think it was one of the greatest movies I've ever seen! Of course, that's only because I'm a huge RE fan. For someone who isn't, this movie was probably meaningless to them XD

Anyway, I definitely liked it more than Degeneration. I think this is the first time that the actual spirit and atmosphere of the RE games has been accurately portrayed in movie form. As to say: watching Damnation didn't feel any different than playing a RE game. Not to mention the choreography of the fight scenes was amazing! Ada fighting the President was one of the most epic scenes in the whole movie! And you have to admit, Lickers vs. Mr X was a very original concept :p

TheVacantThrone

He's a mental giant, TECH N9NE!
I loved Damnation! This might be a bit of a stretch, but I, personally, think it was one of the greatest movies I've ever seen! Of course, that's only because I'm a huge RE fan. For someone who isn't, this movie was probably meaningless to them XD

Anyway, I definitely liked it more than Degeneration. I think this is the first time that the actual spirit and atmosphere of the RE games has been accurately portrayed in movie form. As to say: watching Damnation didn't feel any different than playing a RE game. Not to mention the choreography of the fight scenes was amazing! Ada fighting the President was one of the most epic scenes in the whole movie! And you have to admit, Lickers vs. Mr X was a very original concept :p

I kept expecting it to hit into a QTE or start of a level! Haha, it was a brilliant movie though.

Darkness

Infected
Saw this movie and loved it. I thought it was just absolutely amazing, but there are so many plot points that confused me.

First of all, I like how a lot of the action scenes were references to scenes in the games, like when Ada kicks the pistol in the air and catches it, it had the same camera angle and movement as the same scene in RE4. Then when Leon is running from the lickers in the B5 level, when he dashes on the shipping containers and does the same jumping and rolling animations that he does in the game, I could practically picture myself playing it.

Now to what I don't understand: As I see it, both the rebels and the government are using BOWs. The government is using those Tryrants, and has a whole beehive of dominate strain plaga that they are cultivating. The rebels are using a dominate-strain plaga to control subordinate strain plaga infested lickers.

When Buddy opens the case to inject himself with a dominate-strain, there was like one injector, and like 20 different vials that could be injected, did he use all of them on himself? What were they for?

When Leon returns to the church, he finds a body on top of JD, and shortly thereafter, JD turns. How did JD get infected? My first guess is that he got a Plaga shoved in his mouth by the guy that was on top of him, before he managed to shoot him and kill him.

At one point, Ada is describing the use of the plaga and the differences between the dominate and subordinate strains. She says it's similar to the way a queen bee, (The camera zooms in on the president), controlls the worker bees, (the camera zooms in on her two secretaries). Was this just Ada making fun of the power structure they have? Or was Ada implying that the president got her political position though use of the plaga?

What was all the cultivated dominate strain plagas for anyway? I don't understand why they would need that many. That's like if you had 100 managers, and no workers for them to manage, nothing would ever get done. You can't all be the leader, that doesn't make sense. What were they using the plagas for anyway? I don't remember seeing any plaga-based BOWs used by the government, perhaps they were working on something that wasn't finished yet?

Why was there an entire town of Ganados? The government was using tyrants, and the rebels were using lickers, but i don't remember either side actually controlling the normal Ganados. What was their purpose? How did they even get there? My best guess is that perhaps a few of the rebels who were using licker-controlling plaga lost control of themselves and became like normal Ganado, only without any dominate strains geared to controll them, so they had no objective other than to reproduce.

How did the rebels even inject subordinate plaga into lickers in the first place? Have you even seen how crazy a cat gets when you try to give it a shot at the vet? Imagine that but a million times worse. How did they even get the lickers?

Did anyone else notice that the underground place where the government set up the honey comb structure that cultivated the dominant strain plagas was clever called B5, which rhymes with beehive?

At the end, Leon says he was being watched the whole time, but how is that even possible? At first I thought they were watching him from a drone, but then I remembered that he was underground for at least half of the movie.

LoveForLeon

I watched this with my friend the other day. We want to hold a personal recognition for each and every fallen licker because we felt sorry for them towards the end xD

Anyway
Can someone please help explain to me how buddy survived not turning, and why Leon paralysed him?

As it mentions in the film the only way to get rid of the plaga is either death or by removing the spinal cord where its attached which in effect will paralyze the host, leon does this as he does not want buddy to die, hope that cleads it up for you

Kayowakimono

霧敷砂子
*Spoilers*

I think it was Carla, for the simple reason that in RE6, they seem to be framing Ada by using Carla (with the whole 'Neo-Umbrella's Ada Wong thing). Ada would have been clever enough to know that she couldn't impersonate someone from the BSAA - she'd have known that it would have been very easy for the President to check (which they did, and came up with the truth straight away). Having known that, she wouldn't have given her own name, let alone impersonate someone from the BSAA. My take on it is that it's Carla, trying to get samples and information for Simmons, but drawing attention to Ada, thereby putting Ada in the frame for it.

Damnation is between 2009 and 2013, Carla was 'invented' 6 months before RE6 takes place.

I agree this movie was really good and a definite step up from the first. Leon kicked major ass, I thought he litterally was going to die during the tyrant scene...he only ended up with a knife, I mean come on? lol. But hes a true bad ass.

Wish there was more RE character involvement then Leon and Ada. Like when Leon gets his ass saved when the tyrant blows up in front of him, I first thought (pilot Chris R. saves the day and bombs the tyrant in his tracks) but no.

I like how cap com is involving more drinking with characters, or just more human like qualities. Like when TJ talks all slang and about America, then how Leon mentions hes hungry. Makes everything more real, then just this fantasy world.

I still think Chris can woop Leon in the butt, I mean he did handle wesker pretty good, and hes got some muscles! lol

This is a must see it for yourself.
Chris steroids can't do much damage, i believe they are fake. While Leon was in much harder and tough situations. So i believe Leon can beat up Chris butt

Posts merged. ~R

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom