• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 Damnation/RE6 connections

T-Vaccinated Kid

Neo-Umbrella Head Zoologist
So Degeneration came out about a year before RE5. I think its purpose was to introduce a theme or a change in the world of the RE universe. The theme of course was bio-terrorism on a global scale. So Degeneration set up this theme of foreign nations using Umbrella's bio-weapons and it introduced Tricell (and Wil Pharma). You could say RE5 just continues where Degeneration left off. Well a year or so later anyways.

With Damnation set to be released in 2012, that should be around a year before RE6 is ready. So what do you think could happen or be revealed in Damnation that could set up events for the next game? Well heres what we know about Damnation from the teaser?

1. Leon is in Europe.
2. Someone, most likely a previously known (male) character will be there with him.
3. There is a war going on. It is unknown if it is a war against B.O.W.s or a war between humans, though I would think its the latter given the description "warzone" rather than "biohazard"
4. Someone has released indiscriminate B.O.W.s into the warzone, B.O.W.s produced by Tricell.

Its possible that the war started because one nation attacked another with B.O.W.s. That would certainly follow the trail left by Capcom from Degeneration and RE5. Another thing I just realized, Leon works for the US government so it must have been them who sent him to Europe. If not then it is a personal problem and if it is then hopefully that means Ada.

So from the little bit we know now, I'm thinking that the theme that will be set up for RE6 is bio-weapons war and the reveal for the story will be the return of the mystery character, whoever he is. He has to be someone known right? Who COULD it be?

ToCool74

Veteran Member
I've always had the feeling that Tricell will be the new Umbrella of the future RE titles and that Alex Wesker will some how become the head of the entire corporation.

Considering that Excella is dead It is posible in my honest opinion.

T-Vaccinated Kid

Well I'm sure they will talk about what Chris and Sheva discovered in RE5. They would have mentioned that Tricell was involved in bioweapons research. So we will have to know how they got out of trouble or if they didn't how their B.O.W.s ended up on the black market.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
See this post maks sense...I think there will be subtle things, but if you pay attention it will really lead into RE6...

T-Vaccinated Kid

See this post maks sense...I think there will be subtle things, but if you pay attention it will really lead into RE6...

Well we know the movie has to take place after RE5 since there are progenitor Lickers. I mean the fact that they are being used in a warzone in Europe just after the biohazard in Kijuju tells us something about what will be going on during the lead up to RE6. Someone is selling the B.O.W.s Tricell developed in Africa on the black market. The person who bought the Lickers could have bought anything...

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Well we know the movie has to take place after RE5 since there are progenitor Lickers. I mean the fact that they are being used in a warzone in Europe just after the biohazard in Kijuju tells us something about what will be going on during the lead up to RE6. Someone is selling the B.O.W.s Tricell developed in Africa on the black market. The person who bought the Lickers could have bought anything...

Its also probably more than just one person considering the ammount of money one must spend on BOWs on the black market...It could be a group or a company...

hogwartskid7

Ex-Umbrella Scientist
What if Tricell never gets shut down, but somethin like Raccoon City happens again. They act like they were innocent, just trying to help. Just like Umbrella, Tricell has the money to do it. If so, then that's most likely how the B.O.W.'s get unleashed.

T-Vaccinated Kid

What if Tricell never gets shut down, but somethin like Raccoon City happens again. They act like they were innocent, just trying to help. Just like Umbrella, Tricell has the money to do it. If so, then that's most likely how the B.O.W.'s get unleashed.

Well the Raccoon City incident pretty much did end Umbrella. They survived for a while because they covered up most of the evidence against them. But the US president still ordered Umbrella's buisness license to be suspended indefinately so Umbrella couldn't legally make money at that point. Umbrella fell but their reseach survived and Wil Pharma was founded. The only thing Wil Pharma really did was make a T-Virus Vaccine (thanks for that BTW ;)) but thats pretty important given the state of bioterrorism today. And after Wil Pharma fell Tricell once again recycled Umbrella's research.

Thats why I'm thinking this will happen to Tricell now as well. Its not like Kijuju was destroyed. So Chris and Jill (or Josh and Sheva) can take the BSAA straight to the Tricell facility.

hogwartskid7

Ex-Umbrella Scientist
Well the Raccoon City incident pretty much did end Umbrella. They survived for a while because they covered up most of the evidence against them. But the US president still ordered Umbrella's buisness license to be suspended indefinately so Umbrella couldn't legally make money at that point. Umbrella fell but their reseach survived and Wil Pharma was founded. The only thing Wil Pharma really did was make a T-Virus Vaccine (thanks for that BTW ;)) but thats pretty important given the state of bioterrorism today. And after Wil Pharma fell Tricell once again recycled Umbrella's research.

Thats why I'm thinking this will happen to Tricell now as well. Its not like Kijuju was destroyed. So Chris and Jill (or Josh and Sheva) can take the BSAA straight to the Tricell facility.

It is highly possible that someone will take on Tricell in 6 (which, we all know Alex Wesker is behind all of it) but I just hope that it's not Josh and Sheva. I want it to be the original RE characters.

T-Vaccinated Kid

I'm saying that with Albert and Excella dead the BSAA can go back into Kijuju and easily shut everything down. That place is full of plagas infectees so they have to go back in and the evidence against Tricell would be overwhelming. There wouldn't be a need to take on Tricell. Tricell would be destroyed and Alex Wesker would have to find funding with a new company. We still don't know what happens in Revelations so we still don't know if Alex Wesker is still alive, but if he is he is going to need funding now that Spencer is dead.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I'm saying that with Albert and Excella dead the BSAA can go back into Kijuju and easily shut everything down. That place is full of plagas infectees so they have to go back in and the evidence against Tricell would be overwhelming. There wouldn't be a need to take on Tricell. Tricell would be destroyed and Alex Wesker would have to find funding with a new company. We still don't know what happens in Revelations so we still don't know if Alex Wesker is still alive, but if he is he is going to need funding now that Spencer is dead.

But how do we know all that evidence in Kijuju is still there...the minute after Chris/Sheva left, were Umbrella still alive, they wouldve covered it up instantly, and in a 3rd world country like that it'd be all he easier...so it wouldnt surprise me at ALL if TriCell went in and cleaned all that up...

T-Vaccinated Kid

But how do we know all that evidence in Kijuju is still there...the minute after Chris/Sheva left, were Umbrella still alive, they wouldve covered it up instantly, and in a 3rd world country like that it'd be all he easier...so it wouldnt surprise me at ALL if TriCell went in and cleaned all that up...

Thats possible. But I don't think Tricell would be as good at covering their tracks as Umbrella was. Umbrella was doing bioweapons research for decades before the Raccoon City outbreak. They had special forces teams and everything just in case. Remember Umbrella was founded with the purpose of doing bioweapons research on the down low. Tricell was a pre-existing company that capitalized on Umbrella's downfall and added a bioweapons division. We really won't know how Tricell handled the situation until Capcom progresses the story, probably in Damnation, but we can take what we know about the situation and make predictions. Also remember Chris and Jill had dealt with Umbrella before. They won't make the same mistakes they made while trying to implicate Umbrella back in 1998. They know they need hard evidence. Thats why I'm thinking they will go back to the BSAA headquarters, brief some reinforcements, and head back into Kijuju as soon as possible.

I really don't think Tricell itself is so important. Not as important as the research they conducted on the Progenitor virus and Plagas parasite. The important thing is that there are people who are continuing the research and development of B.O.W.s. The BSAA was founded to stamp out bioterrorism all around the world and I think they are going to be needed all around the world.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Thats possible. But I don't think Tricell would be as good at covering their tracks as Umbrella was. Umbrella was doing bioweapons research for decades before the Raccoon City outbreak. They had special forces teams and everything just in case. Remember Umbrella was founded with the purpose of doing bioweapons research on the down low. Tricell was a pre-existing company that capitalized on Umbrella's downfall and added a bioweapons division. We really won't know how Tricell handled the situation until Capcom progresses the story, probably in Damnation, but we can take what we know about the situation and make predictions. Also remember Chris and Jill had dealt with Umbrella before. They won't make the same mistakes they made while trying to implicate Umbrella back in 1998. They know they need hard evidence. Thats why I'm thinking they will go back to the BSAA headquarters, brief some reinforcements, and head back into Kijuju as soon as possible.

I really don't think Tricell itself is so important. Not as important as the research they conducted on the Progenitor virus and Plagas parasite. The important thing is that there are people who are continuing the research and development of B.O.W.s. The BSAA was founded to stamp out bioterrorism all around the world and I think they are going to be needed all around the world.

See the only thing i disagree with is that TriCell is a big company...lots of money...so it would be just as easy for them to clean up/cover up the mess...and they have Umbrella's mistakes to learn from...

T-Vaccinated Kid

See the only thing i disagree with is that TriCell is a big company...lots of money...so it would be just as easy for them to clean up/cover up the mess...and they have Umbrella's mistakes to learn from...

Thats true but its not that I don't think Tricell is capable, I just don't see them getting out of trouble since Chris, Jill, Sheva, and Josh escaped. They are BSAA agents so its not like their credibility will be doubted like the S.T.A.R.S. credibility was doubted after the Arklay Facility incident.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Thats true but its not that I don't think Tricell is capable, I just don't see them getting out of trouble since Chris, Jill, Sheva, and Josh escaped. They are BSAA agents so its not like their credibility will be doubted like the S.T.A.R.S. credibility was doubted after the Arklay Facility incident.

I see...there i find it hard to find a hole in your logic...in fact...the only way i can think TriCell would get away with it is if they were like Umbrella and have people on the inside due to bribery...

hogwartskid7

Ex-Umbrella Scientist
I think that Tricell is more than capable of covering up the Kijuju incident. It branched off from Umbrella (it's so obvious). We also know that Alex Wesker is behind Tricell, and if he/she's anything like Albert Wesker, then it's way more than possible if the incident's covered up.

T-Vaccinated Kid

I see...there i find it hard to find a hole in your logic...in fact...the only way i can think TriCell would get away with it is if they were like Umbrella and have people on the inside due to bribery...

Tricell would do well to have an executive or even an agent in the BSAA.

I think that Tricell is more than capable of covering up the Kijuju incident. It branched off from Umbrella (it's so obvious). We also know that Alex Wesker is behind Tricell, and if he/she's anything like Albert Wesker, then it's way more than possible if the incident's covered up.

Tricell did not branch off from Umbrella. It was a pre-existing company specializing in natural resources and it didn't start bioweapons research until Albert Wesker hooked up with Excella Gionne. And I'm pretty sure all we know about Alex Wesker so far is that he was working on something for Spencer back in 2005 or 2006 or whatever year Lost in Nightmares took place. I seriously doubt he has anything to do with Tricell.

And another thing, exactly how is Tricell supposed to hide the giant underground facility beneath the ruins in Kijuju? Umbrella was smart enough to avoid this problem by adding a self destruct mechanism to their undergound facility in Raccoon City.

hogwartskid7

Ex-Umbrella Scientist

Tricell did not branch off from Umbrella. It was a pre-existing company specializing in natural resources and it didn't start bioweapons research until Albert Wesker hooked up with Excella Gionne. And I'm pretty sure all we know about Alex Wesker so far is that he was working on something for Spencer back in 2005 or 2006 or whatever year Lost in Nightmares took place. I seriously doubt he has anything to do with Tricell.

And another thing, exactly how is Tricell supposed to hide the giant underground facility beneath the ruins in Kijuju? Umbrella was smart enough to avoid this problem by adding a self destruct mechanism to their undergound facility in Raccoon City.
What I meant was, Tricell is basically like a more advanced type of Umbrella. I'm pretty sure they're able to hide the underground facility, and if not, forge some evidence that it's another company. I'm pretty sure that RE5 is not the last time we'll here about Tricell.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium

But perhaps that underground facility DID have a self destruct mechanism...i mean, it was more or less abandoned save for the infected inside...so there was nobody to operate the mechanism...i mean, not unless the infected were told to, but they obviously weren't...meaing there wasn't one, or Wesker just had bigger things on his mind...don't forget, he was so arogant he thought his plan was fail safe, so why bother blowing up the facility...

T-Vaccinated Kid

The only way Tricell can get out of trouble is if that facility is gone by the time the BSAA returns. Not only is Tricell's logo everywhere, they have got tonnes of what must be some highly illegal technologies. Not to mention all the data on the computers down there.

Top Bottom