• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Christmas

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I understand what you're trying to say and for the most part I agree with you, and I understand that you've had it rough as well. But I think situations such as these require a tad more thoughtfulness and compassion. There is a couple in my community who, several years ago, were involved in a car accident on Christmas Eve due to weather conditions and lost both their children. I can't imagine that Christmas would be a particularly festive time for them and it would be incredibly insensitive and patronizing for me to say to them 'well, your problem is that you're just not in the Christmas spirit'. You don't know everyone's story.

I love Christmas time, but I understand that it's probably very difficult for a lot of people. Let's have a bit more compassion instead of accusing people of wallowing in self-pity.

As for myself, I'm going back home over the holidays - I have three paid weeks so it'll be awesome to just take it easy. It's also the first time I'm not working over Christmas and New Years as well!
I truly appreciate what you're saying, and I'm not trying to argue. But to be positive...
Knowing everyone's story isn't the case. I mean...Everyone has something in their life go wrong. And it can gnaw at us out whole lives...If we let it. But we should try to overcome it. And during this time of year, is when we can build each other up the most. Never forget the tragedies, because they can change the rest of your lives...But use them as a way to grow stronger...And be thankful for what we DO have, and do everything we can to make the world a more magical place...

Flipqy42

Nevermore
Right now I'm trying to get into Christmas Spirit . . . I just can't without snow.

I miss snow as well. I haven't seen snow since I moved to America's d*ck (aka Florida). If I could, I would gladly use magicks to violate the climate of the Earth just to get some snow.

Turo602

The King of Kings
Being from Chicago, I don't care much for snow. I'm not a little kid anymore, so playing in the snow isn't exactly my idea of fun. Sure, at first snow is soft and beautiful but then it just piles up, gets colder, turns to ice, and gets dirty and f*cks everyone's day up. As for Christmas, it's just not what it used to be. I don't ask for anything anymore and no longer expect to be showered with gifts. I would love more than anything to give but I'm broke. Anyway, all I could really hope for is to spend time with people who matter to me, warmth, and a nice hot meal.

Last edited:

umbra aeterna

I don't care much for snow. I'm not a little kid anymore, so playing in the snow isn't exactly my idea of fun. Sure, at first snow is soft and beautiful but then it just piles up, gets colder, turns to ice, and gets dirty and f*cks everyone's day up. As for Christmas, it's just not what it used to bel.
-

This

WeskerWanter

Hard Dog
Merry Christmas!
729e788d35afef9a32663008e30a6b36b2c3cbf0_full.jpg

Top Bottom