• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Christmas

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
Hey all, what's eveyones Christmas wishes, requests plans or hopes?

For me:
Requests:
I've just asked for a bit of money this year to go towards the PS4 I want to purchase.

Wishes:
For a normal Christmas with no issues, it's been a rough year.

Hopes
I hope everyone else has an enjoyable Christmas

Plans:
To do stuff all :p
I want to relax and do nothing this Christmas.

Pancham Cutie

The Cute Pancham
Premium
I requested a PS4 as well Watch_Dogs, Infamous: Second Son, Need for Speed: Rivals, and Alien: Isolation to go with it. I also asked for the Cheek to Cheek album by Tony Bennett and Lady Gaga on CD.

For my wishes, well the only thing that I wish for is that my sister does not come over and stay for a night because I'll have to put with my baby niece.

As for my hopes, I hope that I get to spend Christmas week with my bestie and get to either play a few games with her or watch a movie or two with her, maybe even both, as long as I get to spend some time with her and we both have a lot of fun.

And my plans are to finish my current college semester, re-watch my favorite anime series, and just be very, very lazy.

blivvy

Master of unlocking...
Premium
I'm not looking for anything in particular this Christmas. Tbh I always did prefer giving gifts than receiving. But I do plan on getting a PS4 sometime next year when some decent games come out. LBP 3, REmake hd and Revelations 2 will keep me going until then.

It'd be nice if we got a white Christmas here this year. I like snow but not too much of it. Don't have any major plans just hanging out with family, watch tv and go out to our local pub.

So yea, Merry Christmas everyone.

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
Wishes:
For some peace and quiet. LOL.

Hopes:
If my letter was able to reach Santa: A second GTX 970 to SLi up, a pair of new 27" gaming monitors, a new Blu-ray drive and Blu-ray player software, new barbell and weights, rubbish films, and that'll do me just fine.

Plans:
To survive.

(It's going to be pretty busy here on Christmas day)

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Christmas is my favorite time of year. There is so much magic in the air...Even when I ran away from home at 16, and was literally on the streets, I loved Christmas.

Requests: Some of the Dragon Ball Z Pop figures lol.

Wishes: I wish that we have a white Christmas as well. We had one last year, and it was beautiful.

Hopes: Hope that all my checks are commission checks, that way I can give all of my large family the Christmas they always wanted.

Plans: As mentioned above, I ran away at 16. I'm now 20, and have started speaking with them again. First Christmas in 4 years with my father...I just plan for it to be memorable.

WeskerWanter

Hard Dog
I didn't really ask for anything. I think my parents will probably get me some chocolate or something. In January I plan on grabbing the HD remake for myself, so I'm excited about that. My wish is that my mom is able to get her surgery done soon and that it goes well and she recovers. And my hope is that I finish off my master's degree as smoothly and painlessly as possible come May and find a job I like.

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
Requests:
The Last Of Us (PS4)
The Evil Within (PS4)
Super Smash Bros. (Wii U)
Bayonetta Special Edition (Wii U)
Kylie Minogue Sexy Darling perfume
Earrings
A gift set from The Body Shop (I love their products)
Make up
And of course, no Christmas would be complete without chocolate. :)

I'm not expecting all of the above at all, but if I get any of the items from that list I'll be happy.

Wishes:
That I get decent results from my coursework and exam, I'll be getting the results during the Christmas break. I also hope that my social life will sort itself out a bit, as it's a mess at the minute.

Hopes:
That it doesn't snow on Christmas. Sorry to be a buzz kill, but I hate snow. :p

Plans:
Every year is pretty much the same for my family at Christmas. We open presents around 9am, then everyone chills and enjoys their gifts while Christmas Dinner is cooking. We have dinner around 12pm, and then go around to my grandparents' house for the afternoon/early evening, where we eat yet more food as they make a buffet for us. Then it's just home and winding down, and maybe more playing with presents. :)

Popo

Well, I like Christmas not for its religious meaning, but for the occasion of bringing families together(which is a rare thing in mine cause they all hate each other). Unfortunately I don't have that much money so I always buy gifts for my older brother and my younger sister only. And for me.. oh well, all I want is to live through another year.

And HD Remake, I want that as well :D

Flipqy42

Nevermore
Requests:
Sonic Boom (the 3DS one)
Some Yu-Gi-Oh! cards
Pokemon Omega Ruby
A Legend of Zelda beanie
Shadow The Hedgehog
Disgaea

Hopes & Wishes:
That my parents don't f**k anything up and kill my happy Christmas mood.

Plans:
Nothing much. Spend some time with friends and relax.

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
Requests
Alien: Isolation
My own copy of The Evil Within
Mega Man 2
A PC XBOX 360 controller

Plans
Not much. If anything, I just want to get through senior year in one piece.

Wishes/Hopes
I wish my house didn't flood, and I hope the renovations are finished quickly.

umbra aeterna

-i hate christmas. I never get gifts, we don't keep decorations around, etc.might have something to do with lack of finances. Christmas leaves me envious and jealous and drained after having given the world for nothing

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
-i hate christmas. I never get gifts, we don't keep decorations around, etc.might have something to do with lack of finances. Christmas leaves me envious and jealous and drained after having given the world for nothing
Maybe your Christmases suck because of that attitude...Don't get me wrong. I'm not trying to be snide, or condescending...But Christmas isn't about gifts or decorations. But it's also not about the Hallmark "Family and friends together forever" stuff...It's just about the magic in the air, and that for a few short weeks, everyone in the world (or at least who celebrates Christmas) can show their love for the world and for each other. Be it by giving gifts, or doing nothing else other than sharing a positive attitude. A simple "Merry Christmas" can change someones day. Singing a Christmas Carol can make someone smile. But you have to believe in the magic...It's only as powerful as you make it. It's no different from religion...Or even from how we live our lives every day of the year. If you have a negative attitude, it won't be beautiful...

umbra aeterna

Maybe your Christmases suck because of that attitude...Don't get me wrong. I'm not trying to be snide, or condescending...But Christmas isn't about gifts or decorations. But it's also not about the Hallmark "Family and friends together forever" stuff...It's just about the magic in the air, and that for a few short weeks, everyone in the world (or at least who celebrates Christmas) can show their love for the world and for each other. Be it by giving gifts, or doing nothing else other than sharing a positive attitude. A simple "Merry Christmas" can change someones day. Singing a Christmas Carol can make someone smile. But you have to believe in the magic...It's only as powerful as you make it. It's no different from religion...Or even from how we live our lives every day of the year. If you have a negative attitude, it won't be beautiful...
--

yeah...right. i don't know or where you live but? people are rude during christmas shopping, me and everyone else are tired of the same old songs,really and a simple merry christmas does NOT change someone's day.it;s like sayin' hi .

-i do,however feel compelled to help people and have more mercy on christmas ,but still,it;s a bit overrated.i'm not gonna act like a grinch about it but really,i've had some pretty painful christmases.as for family,my family is full of vain women,theives,criminals,harsh drinkers and liars.no,i'm not making this up,it;s a long bad history of bad luck that i call a curse.so no .okay,so hate is a a very strong word,i have no energy to hate things,really don't got it in for me,but this alleged christmas cheer is nearly non existant except that old people are nice on christmas.

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
Sorry you feel that way.
I wish there was something we could say that would make your Christmas more enjoyable than "merry Christmas"
Perhaps me saying :
"I hope you find something that helps you and your family during this time" is a better thing to say.
Stay strong

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
--

yeah...right. i don't know or where you live but? people are rude during christmas shopping, me and everyone else are tired of the same old songs,really and a simple merry christmas does NOT change someone's day.it;s like sayin' hi .

-i do,however feel compelled to help people and have more mercy on christmas ,but still,it;s a bit overrated.i'm not gonna act like a grinch about it but really,i've had some pretty painful christmases.as for family,my family is full of vain women,theives,criminals,harsh drinkers and liars.no,i'm not making this up,it;s a long bad history of bad luck that i call a curse.so no .okay,so hate is a a very strong word,i have no energy to hate things,really don't got it in for me,but this alleged christmas cheer is nearly non existant except that old people are nice on christmas.
Yeah, and I ran away from a drug and abuse infected home when I was 16, continued to go to highschool whilst living on the streets...Everyone has a sob story. Having the guts to get over it and be the bigger person, and look on the positive side of life is what separates failures from passionate leaders. Living a life looking at nothing but the pessemistic side of the world, without giving any acknowledgement or credit to how great the world can be...Well...It's nothing short of foolish. If you want to sit and wallow in self pity, this is a free world, and that's your call...Or you could do something to make the world a better place. But it all starts with you...

umbra aeterna

Yeah, and I ran away from a drug and abuse infected home when I was 16, continued to go to highschool whilst living on the streets...Everyone has a sob story. Having the guts to get over it and be the bigger person, and look on the positive side of life is what separates failures from passionate leaders. Living a life looking at nothing but the pessemistic side of the world, without giving any acknowledgement or credit to how great the world can be...Well...It's nothing short of foolish. If you want to sit and wallow in self pity, this is a free world, and that's your call...Or you could do something to make the world a better place. But it all starts with you...
--
okay...i was just talking about christmas suckage i my general area.

I did NOT bring up the other tragedies i my life like severe emotional abuse, being molested and now having difficulty with intimacy as a result, having an emotionally distant mother, depressed parents, a father who may or may not kill the family and himself /no secure living environment (admitting my bisexuality will put me to the streets)being forced into poverty, anxiety bad enough that I get the shakes, muiltiple suicide attempts, gender identity issues, weight problems etc...this is all TEMPORARY.

On the good note, I do aspire to be a book author and screen writer,a psychologist (cuz we needz brain help.God's greatest machine can be a vehicle of personal torment.I have a desire to help others) and those dreams are what I use as my driving force to not throw my life away...really

Just that christmas is not my fave holiday. Halloween is better.

Let's not make this a tragedy, okay? :)

umbra aeterna

Sorry you feel that way.
I wish there was something we could say that would make your Christmas more enjoyable than "merry Christmas"
Perhaps me saying :
"I hope you find something that helps you and your family during this time" is a better thing to say.
Stay strong

--

Thank you vey much :) i feel better akready

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
I understand what you're trying to say and for the most part I agree with you, and I understand that you've had it rough as well. But I think situations such as these require a tad more thoughtfulness and compassion. There is a couple in my community who, several years ago, were involved in a car accident on Christmas Eve due to weather conditions and lost both their children. I can't imagine that Christmas would be a particularly festive time for them and it would be incredibly insensitive and patronizing for me to say to them 'well, your problem is that you're just not in the Christmas spirit'. You don't know everyone's story.

I love Christmas time, but I understand that it's probably very difficult for a lot of people. Let's have a bit more compassion instead of accusing people of wallowing in self-pity.

As for myself, I'm going back home over the holidays - I have three paid weeks so it'll be awesome to just take it easy. It's also the first time I'm not working over Christmas and New Years as well!

Last edited:

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
I have a longer than usual Christmas break this year from work too.
Actually this is the last full week at work this year! :D

Reactions: Jen
Top Bottom