• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 5 Chapter which Sheva bothered you the most?

RedAndWhite

Unfortunately, all my life I could never get my hands on a RE game, never really found one for sale and then the other day I saw 5 GE and I just went for it. So far I'm on Chap. 3-2 and I would have cleared it already if it wasn't for Sheva. She keeps trying to kill the chainsaw majini and doesn't escape. Thus, neck chop time! Like, run away damn!

First time the AI has stopped the game like this (a bit on the other chainsaw scene but not that much).

So what chapter did it for you?

Pancham Cutie

The Cute Pancham
Premium
I think 5-3 was the chapter where the AI got to bother me, all the other chapters I am fine with the AI partner, but 5-3 was where the AI just messed me up completely, mainly due to the fact that the AI got killed once and almost got me killed a second time.

Aleck

Biohazard
Same here. My Sheva was helpful and not a pain in the butt. I think she may have died on me roughly nine times. Not bad considering I died a hell of alot more.:oops:

RedAndWhite

Well she just keeps on throwing herself onto the chainsaw. That's weird. :confused:
But the best part was probably in the village, when I was crossing the bridge I did something wrong and she let me go. :rolleyes:

letmelive311

I definitely agree. Having an AI was helpful in holding extra weapons for me that I can just take out of her inventory, or ask for a grenade, or giving her some unwanted ammo and receiving "thanks partner" was cool. I never got into a jam where Sheva got in the way or died repeatedly. She saved my sorry ass most of the time. But to those who are finding it difficult perhaps its not using the command button often enough. I literally was always saying "Sheva come on" to get her behind me or to shoot down an enemy I’m focusing on etc.

bruno

Chief Researcher
I definitely agree. Having an AI was helpful in holding extra weapons for me that I can just take out of her inventory, or ask for a grenade, or giving her some unwanted ammo and receiving "thanks partner" was cool. I never got into a jam where Sheva got in the way or died repeatedly. She saved my sorry ass most of the time. But to those who are finding it difficult perhaps its not using the command button often enough. I literally was always saying "Sheva come on" to get her behind me or to shoot down an enemy I’m focusing on etc.
In easy/normal/veteran, I had no trouble with Sheva, but in professional it's almost impossible if you don't play in co-op. YOu have very little time once she's in dying, and almost every attack gets you in that state, so she died a lot (and me too).
The worst part is fighting Ndesu, she does literally nothing and that is the most difficult fight in the whole game!!

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
In easy/normal/veteran, I had no trouble with Sheva, but in professional it's almost impossible if you don't play in co-op. YOu have very little time once she's in dying, and almost every attack gets you in that state, so she died a lot (and me too).
The worst part is fighting Ndesu, she does literally nothing and that is the most difficult fight in the whole game!!
infinite Ammo
Spam the RPG ;)

bruno

Chief Researcher
infinite Ammo
Spam the RPG ;)
Well, I did that to pass professional the first time. But you can't kill Ndesu with it.
And sometimes I like to play in harder difficulties without infinite ammo and without buying anything (weapons/upgrades, sprays, etc), it's funnier and more challenging. But sometimes Sheva's AI makes that much more difficult. It's not easy to find a co-op partner to play like this because everyone wants infinite weapon and overpowered characters...

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
Well, I did that to pass professional the first time. But you can't kill Ndesu with it.
And sometimes I like to play in harder difficulties without infinite ammo and without buying anything (weapons/upgrades, sprays, etc), it's funnier and more challenging. But sometimes Sheva's AI makes that much more difficult. It's not easy to find a co-op partner to play like this because everyone wants infinite weapon and overpowered characters...
That's True so i blow up everyone who does that then i kick them
Cause i'm awesome like that

eX29-

For me it was during the fight against Jill on Pro. Ai Sheva got her ass kicked at that part during my game, until I had a friend of mine come over and take control of her and we got the job done without much problems. Strangely enough I did not have much problem with the giant on Pro. I got to the boss and only died two times beating him on the third attempt.

Jill was byfar a pain with Ai Sheva.

letmelive311

Oh yeah I forgot about the battle against Jill was a bitch . AI Shevardnadze hardly did anything till my friend controlled her , then it was an easier feat. Jill is such a bad ass no wonder it was hell trying to beat some sence into her .

bruno

Chief Researcher
For me it was during the fight against Jill on Pro. Ai Sheva got her ass kicked at that part during my game, until I had a friend of mine come over and take control of her and we got the job done without much problems. Strangely enough I did not have much problem with the giant on Pro. I got to the boss and only died two times beating him on the third attempt.

Jill was byfar a pain with Ai Sheva.

This battle was difficult until I understoo the trick to beat her: Use flash grenades to stun her and then you or your partner grab her, then shoot the device (not try to remove). Repeat this 5-6 times, and then try to remove it. The problem here is not shooting Jill, but with some practice you should do this easily.
After the shot, immediately equip the first aid spray and go to the place Jill is going to throw your partner. In case they miss the dodging sequence, heal them immediately.

BRoGAN

ResiNerd
Deffinately the chapter where you have to shoot wesker with the rocket launcher. If you are playing solo its SO annoying!

Maestro

Sniper Wolf
Premium
On highest level of difficulty, when I played solo, she bothered me all time- whenever I was injured, she was to slow with help, and in result, I had to start game from checkpoint. On lower levels, usually I treated her as a backpack- she had only handgun ('cause she wasted more useful ammunition), and carried mine equipment :)

OgromanUstanak

I have to second the OP, it's definitely the third chapter with the two chainsaw Maijini that's the hardest with an AI partner. She would keep dying ever after I set her to "cover" instead of "attack". She would also use the zipline again and get in that small enclosed space it jumps in, making it harder to navigate and easier to get killed.

Playing that section in co op is a different story, it's really fun and rewarding.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Sheva never bothered me at all. Chris is much more annoying as an AI partner, he's terribly stubborn, sometimes it feels like he's constantly and desperately looking for something to do wrong. But since I prefer playing as him anyway (you know, it's cool to have the object of desire move at the touch of a button), no problem for me.

MissDomino

Premium
Sheva never bothered me at all. Chris is much more annoying as an AI partner, he's terribly stubborn, sometimes it feels like he's constantly and desperately looking for something to do wrong. But since I prefer playing as him anyway (you know, it's cool to have the object of desire move at the touch of a button), no problem for me.
This is so true. He always walks into the lasers on 4-2 because he doesn't fit into the gaps on the side of the path.

Domasio

Leon Sandwich ^_^
Wish I was home right now, I'd be able to look up the chapter. The one where you have to use the elevator, and quite a few lickers make their way up the walls and through the caging that you have to get through. Sheva would ALWAYS die on me.

Top Bottom