• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Casting Suggestion!

revilmovie

It is clear, that actors of level of Anthony Hopkins, Johnny Depp will not be involved in a film directed by a director limited like Paul Anderson.
Now, for example if a director renowned accept direct a resumption of the saga in theaters the possibility of that happening becomes real.
The Resident Evil films are not the most lucrative, off the script and direction are terrible.
The last movie was only able to pay its net value, even with the use of 3D failed to at least double its value.

Excella gionne: Michelle Ryan
OgAAABL5Gsu6emIi1Bx-NhIfyCHJCursZGXcAFFbvYgmxwh6tgjV7eFTNX_q_pDNI8yO4YigpZ3pBzngwlco3GvgcvwAm1T1UG6t9xliZbISEifVneLZoIW8Wp7u.jpg

revilmovie

I loved your suggestions up until Johnny Depp and Tony Hopkins entered the picture. Not that they don't look the part because they certainly do, but you'd never see Depp or Hopkins or any other 'A-lister' for that matter, touch the series with a ten-foot pole.

Oh, I just noticed Spike already pointed that out.

I always thought that Anthony Hopkins would be perfect for the character Spencer.
OgAAADeWIDztcK4seyREpDz67tRYkPDow5sY_JFE0q1xWIw9zslsORbW3Ej3DojRcMJewcy37oIAvT9GNcSOY2Hokj8Am1T1UJv_U_akbB6Bi4cqH62KGjyby6rq.jpg

Spencer is a complex character, a perfect actor like Anthony Hopkins playing him would be magical, incredible.

revilmovie

Brad Vickers - Mattew Lillard
Brad+Vickers+-+Mattew+Lillard.jpg

Doug Jones - Tyrant
Tyrant+-+Doug+Jones.jpg

Kevin Dooley - Bruce Campbell
Bruce+Campbell+-+Kevin+Dooley.jpg

Enrico Marini - Jefrey Dean Morgan
Enrico+Marini+-+Jefrey+Dean+Morgan.jpg

Forest Speyer - Walter Masterson
Forest+Speyer+-+Walter+Masterson.jpg

revilmovie

EWWW!!! Sam Worthington is an AWFUL actor...no offense, but i'm sure you can get someone better to play HUNK...
I thought about it, but the character Hunk is more objective, it would not require a performance worthy of an Oscar, but a more fit physique, but I got somebody else to interpret the Hunk is Tom Hardy.
67_tomHardy_0122.jpg
HUNK+-+Tom+Hardy.png

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
It is clear, that actors of level of Anthony Hopkins, Johnny Depp will not be involved in a film directed by a director limited like Paul Anderson.
Now, for example if a director renowned accept direct a resumption of the saga in theaters the possibility of that happening becomes real.
Not likely. Both Depp and Hopkins are drawn to films with some degree of artistic depth or merit. The movies are too far gone now - no renowned director is going to touch them, for precisely the same reason Depp or Hopkins won't. The movies, with the possible exception of the first, are shameless fun at best... but the end of the day they're just a cash cow used to milk the fans. I understand why people like them, but there's just not alot of substance there to attract great, high-profile actors. Even if it was just a money thing... it ain't like they're hurting.

I'd bet my life you'd see pigs fly before seeing Hannibal Lecter in a Resident Evil movie.

Capcomplicated

The Lousy Architect
Premium
Not likely. Both Depp and Hopkins are drawn to films with some degree of artistic depth or merit. The movies are too far gone now - no renowned director is going to touch them, for precisely the same reason Depp or Hopkins won't. The movies, with the possible exception of the first, are shameless fun at best... but the end of the day they're just a cash cow used to milk the fans. I understand why people like them, but there's just not alot of substance there to attract great, high-profile actors. Even if it was just a money thing... it ain't like they're hurting.

I'd bet my life you'd see pigs fly before seeing Hannibal Lecter in a Resident Evil movie.

you have such a way with words :D Marry me

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium

Excuse me...But Ed Nortons most memorable role was in the movie Fight Club...With American History X as a close second...Hannibal is good, but Mr. Norton deserves more credit when you referance him as a character ;)

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
I didn't notice Edward Norton was even mentioned in this thread until now. When I was talking about Hannibal, I was referring to Anthony Hopkins. ;)

Capcomplicated

The Lousy Architect
Premium

With enough passion anything is possible. The story of resident evil is only as visceral and intellectually profound as the crew and those involved make it. I say with the right writer/director and crew the actors will believe in whats being said or acted out more. I dont think RE is to far down to rise from the ashes. Just as long as micheal bay isnt involved

revilmovie

Strange, because Anthony Hopkins has appeared in such films as Zorro, Thor, Mission Impossible are films from that genre Pop. I believe that with an excellent writer and a director of the first level that Anthony Hopkins would accept participate in a film of Resident Evil.

Top Bottom