• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 7 Capcom: Stay tuned for Resident Evil 7

RedPanda

4x the awesome
It makes total sense for 7 to come out this year seeing as it's the 20th anniversary, but now I'm a little skeptical as to whether it will. I mean, this isn't a fallout situation where the fanbase is so massive and loyal that they could announce it the day before and have it be one of the highest selling games of the year. Capcom would likely need time to generate hype for the game, because at this time we know exactly nothing about the game, and people who aren't already fans have zero interest right now. We don't know characters, plot, genre, platform, or anything. I could see them maybe having enough time if they announce it at E3 to have a holiday release, but any later than that and I don't know. But I will say I'm tired of seeing all of the "RE7 CONFIRMED FOR E3 ANNOUNCEMENT!?!?!?!?!" articles that have literally been going on for 3 years now. I really want the game to be released soon, but if they're not ready then they're not ready.

It's not going to be an NX exclusive.

It makes total sense for 7 to come out this year seeing as it's the 20th anniversary, but now I'm a little skeptical as to whether it will. I mean, this isn't a fallout situation where the fanbase is so massive and loyal that they could announce it the day before and have it be one of the highest selling games of the year. Capcom would likely need time to generate hype for the game, because at this time we know exactly nothing about the game, and people who aren't already fans have zero interest right now. We don't know characters, plot, genre, platform, or anything. I could see them maybe having enough time if they announce it at E3 to have a holiday release, but any later than that and I don't know. But I will say I'm tired of seeing all of the "RE7 CONFIRMED FOR E3 ANNOUNCEMENT!?!?!?!?!" articles that have literally been going on for 3 years now. I really want the game to be released soon, but if they're not ready then they're not ready.

It's not going to be an NX exclusive.
How do you know if it's going to be an exclusive or not? It could be exclusive or not exclusive on any platform.

However it's most likley going to be exclusive (if it's even going to be exclusive) on the PS4 since Capcom have said before they want to focus their games on Sony platforms.

RedPanda

4x the awesome
How do you know if it's going to be an exclusive or not? It could be exclusive or not exclusive on any platform.

However it's most likley going to be exclusive (if it's even going to be exclusive) on the PS4 since Capcom have said before they want to focus their games on Sony platforms.
I mean I don't know if it's exclusive or not, not for sure. And technically it could be an NX exclusive, but I mean realistically, it's highly improbable. RE7 I believe has been in development since shortly after re6 released, so I don't think they were making it for console that wasn't even a concept at the time. Not to mention, it wouldn't make any sense for them to release it exclusively on NX. RE7 is, or at least Capcom wants it to be, a huge seller that takes in a lot of dough. For this reason, it is unlikely to be exclusive at all, let alone for a console that no one is going to have yet, because I'm fairly confident that re7 will be released sometime in the not-too-distant future. If that's true, NX will either be a brand new console or not even be released yet, so Capcom won't make a lot of money if they only target that. Of course, anything could happen and I don't know anything for sure, but I doubt it will be an exclusive, and if it is, I'm almost certain it would be a ps4 exclusive for reasons others have stated.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
71bea466-425b-43f6-a595-c86f1cd2bcdd_zpsiactxyae.jpg

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
I'm really hoping that Capcom does something similar to Rockstar in that it was a long wait for the next GTA game, but the end product is great. But I hope we don't have to wait five and a half years for RE7, like the wait between GTA IV and V. :p

Gar Bageman

The Spirit of Rock 'n' Roll
We're already almost four in! Which is pretty hard to believe, honestly. But, I too hope they don't make us wait that long. I have a feeling we'll see an announcement for it sometime this year (though not likely a release).

Airaku

Stray Jedi
@The Fabled Four
RE7 was in development a fair while before RE6 and was going to be released in 2013. Capcom wanted the series going to become an annual franchise like Assassin's Creed. Revelations and RE6 opened up a lot of new story arcs. After the reception of RE6, Capcom backed off. I'd imagine that RE7 has gone through a lot of different versions and it's development is likely similar to that of RE4.

Which speaking of. With the way RE4, Resident Evil remake, Revelations, and RE0 turned out. The Nintendo exclusives often are the higher quality titles. If the rumors and what developers "apparently" are saying about the NX. I wouldn't be opposed of the idea. To be honest.... I would prefer it if that means RE7 has a good chance of being a better game. I'd rather it be an exclusive because Resident Evil, no almost EVERY Capcom game, is far superior when it is focused on a single console. Capcom is very good at taking advantage and optimising a single platform. Multiplats, with the exception of RE5, seems to be weaker in over all quality.

There has also been rumors about a Resident Evil title for the NX. Nothing about exclusivity. Sounds like Street Fighter V and Finally Fantasy VIII and XV are also rumored as "definite versions". We'll see in time. The NX is hyped beyond measurable means and popular sites like VGchartz has 60% of it's threads gushing over it. The NX is literally an internet religion on some sites with crazy worshippers. So if even half the rumors are true.... it's likely going to sell well with the die hard gamers. So Nintendo would do well to push more to the hardcore side for the console and use mobile as the casual hotspot. Hopefully we'll see at E3. There seems to be a high demand for dev kits by developers. Nintendo is giving SDK's because they can't keep up with the demand "apparently". I won't lie. I'm excited!

black 93

I don't honestly think that capcom would make the numbered series exclusive. They tried it with 4, and look how that turned out. However if we're just speculating, of all the consoles i think capcom would choose ps4. Just because it's dominating, has the biggest install base right now and Sony and capcom have always been buddies. RE7 is just going through the same development hell that RE2 and RE4 went through. They've probably scrapped it and started over quite a few times in the past 4 or 5 years. RE2 was scrapped at like 80 percent and the original RE4 became a whole new series in devil may cry. Capcom are probably trying to revitalise the series again like they did with 4. Personally, they can take as long as they want, RE6 was rushed out in 3 years and that's probably it's biggest downfall.

I don't honestly think that capcom would make the numbered series exclusive. They tried it with 4, and look how that turned out. However if we're just speculating, of all the consoles i think capcom would choose ps4. Just because it's dominating, has the biggest install base right now and Sony and capcom have always been buddies. RE7 is just going through the same development hell that RE2 and RE4 went through. They've probably scrapped it and started over quite a few times in the past 4 or 5 years. RE2 was scrapped at like 80 percent and the original RE4 became a whole new series in devil may cry. Capcom are probably trying to revitalise the series again like they did with 4. Personally, they can take as long as they want, RE6 was rushed out in 3 years and that's probably it's biggest downfall.
They made the new street fighter console exclusive, and they also made the new umbrella corps PS4 and pc exclusive. So why not? They seem to like getting exclusive deals on some of their games. I always hated it as a kid. But now when I own everything I don't mind.

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
They made the new street fighter console exclusive, and they also made the new umbrella corps PS4 and pc exclusive. So why not? They seem to like getting exclusive deals on some of their games. I always hated it as a kid. But now when I own everything I don't mind.
Street fighter (as far as I know) doesn't really have a continual story and umbrella corps isn't a numbered title

black 93

Sony partnered up with capcom to make street fighter 5 and partly funded it. Capcom aren't really in a position to turn that kind of help down and as for umbrella corps, that's just a spin off. I'm talking about the canonical games, id say Capcom learnt their lesson with how much cash they realized they missed out on during the decade that remake and zero were locked to nintendo. Even the Chronicles games made their way to ps3 after being wii exclusives. Anythings possible but i really don't see a series as big as this being solely exclusive to one console unless that company buys the rights to the series.

Gar Bageman

The Spirit of Rock 'n' Roll
Street fighter (as far as I know) doesn't really have a continual story and umbrella corps isn't a numbered title
Street Fighter absolutely has a continual story. It's not the deepest story, mind you, but is definitely ongoing.
Sony partnered up with capcom to make street fighter 5 and partly funded it. Capcom aren't really in a position to turn that kind of help down and as for umbrella corps, that's just a spin off. I'm talking about the canonical games, id say Capcom learnt their lesson with how much cash they realized they missed out on during the decade that remake and zero were locked to nintendo. Even the Chronicles games made their way to ps3 after being wii exclusives. Anythings possible but i really don't see a series as big as this being solely exclusive to one console unless that company buys the rights to the series.
The big thing to keep in mind here, however, is that the PS4 has a larger install base and attach rate than the GameCube did, and it's showing no signs of slowing down. If they gave RE7 console exclusivity to PS4 while also releasing on PC, the gamble wouldn't be nearly as lofty as with the REmake and RE0 on GameCube. Not saying it would be a financial sure thing either, but it very likely wouldn't hinder them either.

Last edited:

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
it shouldn't be the case people are more excited about a remake rather than the next in the series.

at this point in time, i know i'll buy RE7, however right now, i couldn't care too much about it, i'm so much more hyped for RE2 remake

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
it shouldn't be the case people are more excited about a remake rather than the next in the series.

at this point in time, i know i'll buy RE7, however right now, i couldn't care too much about it, i'm so much more hyped for RE2 remake

Well, for one thing: We at least have a clue what REmake 2 will be like because we already have an original and members of RE2 Reborn working on it. RE7 is all speculation right now, so I don't blame you at all for being more excited for a remake than a sequel.

Unknown

The NX will probably fail, it's not going to be any more powerful than the current consoles anyway, otherwise it would cost too much. And there's no way in hell RE7 will be exclusive to ANY platform. At best, possibly a timed exclusive but that is also extremely unlikely.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
The NX will probably fail, it's not going to be any more powerful than the current consoles anyway, otherwise it would cost too much. And there's no way in hell RE7 will be exclusive to ANY platform. At best, possibly a timed exclusive but that is also extremely unlikely.

Some how I doubt this. The current era of Nintendo is over. I don't think we are going to really recognise the company in a year or two. Iwata shrunk the scope of the company down, reducing them from the behemoth they were in the 90's and made them more focused. Kimishima on the other head of the NoA during the N64 days. Want to guess what country accounted for over 60% of the global sales of the N64? I'm not saying the company is going to blow up, but they have a lot of new things coming. The new account system, the deals with Universal, and of course all the NX rumors which are all over the map. From being Xbox-One leveled, to Wallstreet Journal claiming it's much more powerful than the PS4. It's pretty much given that it's using Vulcan API. Which means you can really push the hardware.

The latest rumor as of now is that Nintendo is funding Beyond Good and Evil 2 as an exclusive. I do hope the haptic analog stick rumors are true. That sounds awesome!

People are either going to be blown away, or disappointed when the system is revealed. I think it'll at least see moderate levels of success, far better than the Wii U. Nintendo has an opening to strike. I think we are going to see more Sony vs Nintendo in the near future after hearing Microsoft's plans from earlier today. Which I hope was just an "idea" that they were tossing around and not finalised.

Unknown

Rumours are crazy, but they're still rumours. Logic and common sense tells me that the NX, at best, will merely match the PS4 and Xbox One when it comes to hardware capability. Remember, this thing is going to compete with two consoles that are firmly established already, so to make it more powerful than them means a higher cost, which will hurt its sales.

As for the various deals Nintendo have established, if that works out for them, good for them but Nintendo do lack third party support. You're not going to see the likes of GTA on NX for example. RE7, if and when, probably won't be on it either. As well as all the other upcomers that it is missing out on already. And no third party developer is going to make games for it if it doesn't sell extremely well and catch up to the PS4/Xbox One within say, a year, two? All this, and it isn't even officially announced yet. All speculation of course.

meg5493

The NX just needs to focus on getting 3rd party support and new unique IPs and as long as it keeps up with current gen hardware it'll due fine. Nintendo always used to have powerful hardware before the wii came around but due to tech choices companies always went to sony or later on microsoft. I honestly think that the family friendly attitude really kills any chance for most M rated IPs on their consoles but hey they get good revenue from it. But for god sakes I just want Nintendo to make a normal controller again :'((((

Airaku

Stray Jedi
@Unknown
I highly doubt that Resident Evil 7 won't hit the NX. There is almost zero logic to this statement. Capcom and Nintendo are pretty close and work well together. Considering Monster Hunter is pretty much an exclusive Nintendo franchise now..... I don't see them not working together. RE7 being an NX exclusive is far more believable then it NOT getting a port. Unless it's a console exclusive to Sony and Microsoft. Multiple devs already said that the NX is the easiest console to port games that they've ever worked on. So I don't see any chance on this. As for Rockstar.... Nintendo kind of broke their relationship with them a long time ago. Then again that was a long time ago, things can change.

As far as the consoles true specs. No one really knows, the rumors go both ways. Some speculate that should the rumors be true. One set of rumors are the consoles specs, and the other is the handhelds. The handheld (lower specs) seem a little high, but then considering phones today, and 720p is simple to do... so 900p is not out of reach for a handheld. Problem is... how much money would these systems cost. Nintendo would take a hit. They need to supply a damn impressive line up of games and some serious features that would pull both hardcore and casual gamers to invest in this system. On one hand. Nintendo does make most of their money from software sales. The Wii U is actually profitable because of this, due to ****ty sales.

The possibilities go both way. As you said it's all speculation. Keep in mind that the PS4 and Xbox One use laptop APU's. Jaguar isn't very impressive, and was the low end APU for it's time. AMD's newer APU's are much more powerful. In theory.... the handheld COULD match the Xbox One and the NX could be 3-4 times as powerful. The handheld could go for around $250 or so and the NX for $400. This is all wishful thinking.... but if the console uses Zen... the PS4 and Xbox One will look like jokes and Nintendo could keep a competitive price.

I could be wrong on the price factor, but it sound about right. This would also lead credibility to the rumor that the console launches in 2017. Should the PS5 and next Xbox launch in 2018. The difference would be like the PS2 to the Xbox (which is more than people give it credit for). allowing the console to be future proof. Again this is all theoretical speculation that is rather attainable, wishful thinking or not. Nintendo would be dumb not to go this route.....

@meg5493
Nintendo makes their choices for hardware with AMD. They've had a long standing partnership. Hardware supplies have no say on the power that their customers buy. They help build them and the custom chips if needed and then ship it. They don't dictate what power they get.

Nintendo used to be the powerhouse in terms of hardware. The N^4 was 3x the specs of the PS1. The Xbox did have a high clocked processor, and GPU. However the Game Cube was superior in terms of memory, some debate the GPU was a better GPU than the Xbox's so the clock speed was irrelevant. The Game Cube was the most efficient console in terms of handling it's specs, there are higher number of Game Cube games that have prettier graphics than the others. Debatably it has the best visuals of that generation. The Metroid vs Halo debate still goes on as does the claims of RE4.

Top Bottom