• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 2 (1998) Capcom says a remake is "possible."

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.
But remaking old games doesn't change the fact that the new games aren't survival horror anymore. I love the old games to death, I mean they're why I'm here on this forum and why I love this series so much, but how many times can we play the same scenarios over and over with better graphics and added-in extras? I'll never tire of the old games, but I will most definitely grow weary of unoriginality in this series and remaking old games is nothing if not unoriginal.
Sadly its not our decision. Its capcom's, and I dont think capcom will do that.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
I support a Remake of RE2 as long as it...
* stays true to the original in terms of story and characters. (And yes, Capcom, that applies to Leon too!)
* doesn't turn this wonderful game into a mindless 3rd-person-shooter. (I love RE5, but RE2 is fine the way it is.)
* does, however, add more to the game than just prettier graphics. (Longer, more extras etc.)
* is at least as good as the original, if not better. (I actually like REmake more than RE1.)
* is not exclusive to one crappy console that no one likes. (The only thing I don't like about REmake.)
* doesn't start a series of countless remakes like RE1 did until you don't know what is canon anymore.
* doesn't come as only the first half of a game with the other half being expensive DLC. (*cough* ORC *cough*)

I would also appreciate (although it's not a must) if there were more references to the first game, for example information on "lost" characters like Barry and Rebecca so that we finally know what happened to them after the mansion incident. I also wouldn't mind a Mercenaries Mode or Battle Game of some sort where you can actually control them as unlockable characters. Please no stupid stuff like "Invisible enemies" or "The item remains in the box where you leave it", no one needs that!

Flipqy42

Nevermore
Am I the only one who though the fixed camera was annoying as hell and destroyed the mood? I would love for a REmake2 to have a behind-the-back camera angle, but if popular demand is for the fixed camera angles, then I guess I'll have to just suffer through it.

Mantis TabogganMD

#TEAMGRIMES
Am I the only one who though the fixed camera was annoying as hell and destroyed the mood? I would love for a REmake2 to have a behind-the-back camera angle, but if popular demand is for the fixed camera angles, then I guess I'll have to just suffer through it.
I don't know, I kind of loved not knowing what was around the next corner. The only downside I thought it had was not being able to aim where you wanted to. I think it worked well with the slower paced game play too. But I'll settle for either, I just want this sheet to happen.

Sonnentreppe

wordy agronaut
I imagine a co-op style campaign, where Leon and Claire are together. More would have to be added to the game, too, just to stretch the time it takes to finish the game--kinda like how they added Lisa and such in the REmake. Oh, and there HAS to be an Ada campaign afterward. :D

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking!
Oh, and there HAS to be an Ada campaign afterward. :D
Yes that needs to be added, I loved that feature in RE4 and even though I didnt like RE6, it was good of them to add it. I've always wanted to know what Ada was up to while Leon and Claire were running around.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Why not a Sherry campaign as well? That would be a completely different experience, without weapons... ;)

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking!
Why not a Sherry campaign as well? That would be a completely different experience, without weapons... ;)
That would be cool, but all it takes is a few modern fanboys whining and complaining and then the helpless 12 year old girl would end up getting DLC to be able to use a rocket launcher lol.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Ha ha! A little girl with a rocket launcher that's bigger than her, why not? :D (I've actually seen some videos on YouTube about that, too bad I'm not such a great hacker myself...)

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
I imagine a co-op style campaign, where Leon and Claire are together. More would have to be added to the game, too, just to stretch the time it takes to finish the game--kinda like how they added Lisa and such in the REmake. Oh, and there HAS to be an Ada campaign afterward. :D

I hope it's more REØ co-op, and less RE6 co-op.

Top Bottom