• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 2 (1998) Capcom says a remake is "possible."

Mantis TabogganMD

#TEAMGRIMES
"In an interview with Capcom producer Yoshiaki Hirabayashi, the age-old question about a Resident Evil 2 remake was asked. Hirabayashi told Gamespot that Capcom is not currently working on a remake but the possibility remains if fans show support."

A quote from Hirabayashi himself: “But if the fans really clamor for it; if there’s a groundswell of support for remaking that game, then I think that’s something Capcom would take under consideration.”

Source: http://www.relyonhorror.com/latest-...-evil-2-remake-possible-if-fans-show-support/

If they did this, they'd have to do it right. I doubt we'll get camera angles back, but the overall atmosphere would have to be dead on and beautiful like the remake of the original. Also new puzzles and areas to explore are ALWAYS welcome. But are they kidding me with the "if the fans show support"?! Hasn't there been countless online petitions and such asking for a remake? I thought it was common knowledge that this is in high demand from fans. I know making video games is a business, but c'mon, it's obvious!

Loki

The Trickster
Premium
I really want a remake, but only if they do it like the remake of RE1. I wouldn't really like it if they used over the shoulder camera angles as I think it would ruin the atmosphere of the game. The reason people want remakes is because they want survival horror back and I just don't see that being possible with the camera of RE4 onwards because it makes it more action oriented
...But saying that, it would be interesting to see the game in that way.

Mantis TabogganMD

#TEAMGRIMES
I really want a remake, but only if they do it like the remake of RE1. I wouldn't really like it if they used over the shoulder camera angles as I think it would ruin the atmosphere of the game. The reason people want remakes is because they want survival horror back and I just don't see that being possible with the camera of RE4 onwards because it makes it more action oriented
...But saying that, it would be interesting to see the game in that way.
I agree. If it DOES happen I would want it in the style of remake, including the camera angles. I'm not saying that they woulnt use the classic ones, but I have my doubts. Regardless I'd like to see it happen either way they would do it. But if it does, I'm crossing my fingers for survival horror, the classic way.

Domasio

Leon Sandwich ^_^
I wouldn't be peeved if they decide not to, as I still can play the original RE2 and Darkside Chronicles.

However if they decide to remake it, I would be pretty damn excited about it, imagine probably the most popular title in today's console standards :p

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.
I agree. If it DOES happen I would want it in the style of remake, including the camera angles. I'm not saying that they woulnt use the classic ones, but I have my doubts. Regardless I'd like to see it happen either way they would do it. But if it does, I'm crossing my fingers for survival horror, the classic way.
Than maybe they'll remake something and put Wesker in it!

Domasio

Leon Sandwich ^_^
It'd be nice to have options. Camera Angles, Difficulty, Versions(Like the old pixeled one and the new graphics.)

Yeah, that'd be like creating 2 entirely separate games if they did new graphics and pixelated, wouldn't happen I don't think, wouldn't make much money with old generation graphics.

Orion Callisto

I want my jacket back.
A remake of Resi 2 would be brilliant, if only because I want to see Raccoon City done nowadays.(Resi ORC notwithstanding) And in the case of a CV remake, I really want to see Alfred's hammy-ass performance in Resi 6 style graphics, xD

Jimmy

off topic but do you get different cutscenes if you go a different way in resident evil 3?i just want to know what events happen in resident evil 3 so i can play it in order.

Seba5

I'm really intrigued to see what an old school RE game looks like on a next gen system. We haven't seen a legit main story survival horror RE game since RE0.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking!
The possibility of a RE2 remake gave me a lot of hope in the franchise again, I so want this to happen, I've signed the petition and I follow it every day :)

Yes this needs to be done right, the 3rd person gameplay needs to stay away from the remake and the classic camera angles need to come back because even though some people don't see it, the classic camera angles were a HUGE part of the survival horror experience.
Like for example, if you went through a door and you can see Leon/Claire from a fixed angle in a corridor, there are some zombies in the hallway with you, you cant see the zombies but you can hear them and you can hear that creepy walking sound along with their undead moans, then you're there just thinking "oh god where are they, are they over there or are they over there?" because you cant see them which ends up making you back into a corner and waiting for the zombies to appear on screen, in which when they do, they are VERY close to you which scares the crap out of you.

A 3rd person camera angle setting would ruin that because from 3rd person view, you can see everything in front of you and you can get yourself prepared, if you want to see behind you, it just takes a few seconds to spin around and take out a zombie behind you, not scary at all.

Yes I am all for this remake, if it happens and is done right, then I will start to believe in the franchise again, because it will have finally delivered what we have been wanting for years.

Here is the official petition for the remake: http://www.petitionbuzz.com/petitions/resi2remake
The petition is doing SO GOOD.
Please help support this!!! I want to play a true Resident Evil game made in this generation.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
You know, I never really understood why there's such a high demand for a remake of Resident Evil 2. I mean, if Resident Evil 2 is supposed to be the pinnacle of survival horror, the fan-voted best old school Resident Evil game to date and everyone's personal favorite, why would you want them to remake it? If you already see it as that amazing, what's the point?

Not to be pessimistic or anything but, if you hold the game in that high'a regard, you'll probably just be disappointed in the outcome.

Reactions: Hel

xMobilemux

You know, I never really understood why there's such a high demand for a remake of Resident Evil 2. I mean, if Resident Evil 2 is supposed to be the pinnacle of survival horror, the fan-voted best old school Resident Evil game to date and everyone's personal favorite, why would you want them to remake it? If you already see it as that amazing, what's the point?

Not to be pessimistic or anything but, if you hold the game in that high'a regard, you'll probably just be disappointed in the outcome.
Its mostly because everyone wants 100% Survival Horror back in Resident Evil, a brand new entry in the franchise wont work because of course Capcom is too chicken s**t to take the risk and the story hasn't got the setting for it.

A RE2 remake is the only hope we have, the RE1 remake was incredible and even bests the original game, if the RE1 remake did it, then the RE2 remake can do it too (I hope).

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
Its mostly because everyone wants 100% Survival Horror back in Resident Evil, a brand new entry in the franchise wont work because of course Capcom is too chicken s**t to take the risk and the story hasn't got the setting for it.

A RE2 remake is the only hope we have, the RE1 remake was incredible and even bests the original game, if the RE1 remake did it, then the RE2 remake can do it too (I hope).
But remaking old games doesn't change the fact that the new games aren't survival horror anymore. I love the old games to death, I mean they're why I'm here on this forum and why I love this series so much, but how many times can we play the same scenarios over and over with better graphics and added-in extras? I'll never tire of the old games, but I will most definitely grow weary of unoriginality in this series and remaking old games is nothing if not unoriginal.

xMobilemux

But remaking old games doesn't change the fact that the new games aren't survival horror anymore. I love the old games to death, I mean they're why I'm here on this forum and why I love this series so much, but how many times can we play the same scenarios over and over with better graphics and added-in extras? I'll never tire of the old games, but I will most definitely grow weary of unoriginality in this series and remaking old games is nothing if not unoriginal.
I love the old games to death too, I don't like the new games at all and I dont really care if it's being unoriginal because I just wanna play my favorite game in the franchise with an updated engine and new extras, I would play that game a hell of a lot more than any of the new games.

I don't know where the franchise is gonna go now because the action direction has kinda run RE into the ground, RE6 is the lowest rated game in the main series, I don't know what they are gonna do next, going forward with more action will just get it slammed even more and they don't have the guts to take the main series back to survival horror.

But for now I just want my all time favorite game in franchise updated (the right way) with a new engine and extras :)

Top Bottom