• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Capcom can be bought.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Because Bethesda has done racing, RPG, FPS, and are currently working with Capcom on their first official horror game, although the FO's had several scary aspects to them IMO.
To decide who I think would be best for Capcom between Nintendo, Konami, and Bethesda, I will judge them with this:
Graphics - Bethesda
...I don't quite get Graphics with Bethesda. It's been my experience that Bethesda games are SO large they generally take a backseat (Not by much, but they do) to the gameplay and story. Take two of their biggest games, Skyrim and Fallout 3. To me, it seems those games have had some of the most unappealing graphics on the PS3, but the games are so expansive and fun, that the grahpics really don't matter (to most people it seems).

Gameplay - Hmm . . . This one is probably a tie between Nintendo and Bethesda
See, Bethesda has good gameplay in most of their mainstream games. I won't argue that for a second...But it's a gamplay style I can't see being successful for a lot of Capcom's heavy hitting titles. I can see it being successful for a game like Dragon's Dogma...But not any of their classic heavy hitters like RE, DMC, or Street Fighter. (I know you didn't mention Street Fighter, but I'm just throwing out big names.)
Storyline - Tied between Konami and Bethesda, but I think I lean more towards Bethesda
While I think a lot of Bethesda's mainstream games have had some great stories, I think the story is VERY tied in with the gameplay (Which is very well executed, because I don't think many other games have story and gameplay tie in so well together). So that said, I don't think that Bethesda could really hack it story wise without having the same gameplay style that made them famous, which as mentioned above, I don't think that would work for Capcom's largest IP's.
Resident Evil Series - Either Konami or Bethesda. I would be happy with either.
I don't think Bethesda could handle Resident Evil. Konami could, but seeing as they have the rival game series that is Silent Hill, it's very unlikely I would think.
Marvel vs. Capcom - Nintendo
This is an interesting concept because Nintendo's KEY fighting game is Smash Bros. But this is such a big name series, that it gives a LOT of options. It could ALMOST be like a three way crossover. Marvel, Capcom, and Nintendo all in ONE game. And that could go either way. Be either REALLY amazing, or REALLY terrible due to trying to pack too much into one game.
Asura's Wrath - Given that there is a sequel, probably Nintendo
Clocktower - Okay, I'm not exactly sure, but I think Capcom did Clocktower 3? If so, then Konami.
Dead Rising - Bethesda
Remember Me - . . . This is very hard, but I think Nintendo.
Dead Rising I'll give you. I think Bethesda could make it...Interesting...But something tells me it wouldn't be NEAR as quirky, which is a REAL appeal to the games.

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.
You are correct by saying that Bethesda takes a back seat on graphics, but as you also said, they have such big and open world games. If they were to make some smaller worlds, I think they could do some pretty outstanding graphics.

Kayowakimono

霧敷砂子
I don't think Bethesda could handle Resident Evil. Konami could, but seeing as they have the rival game series that is Silent Hill, it's very unlikely I would think.
I'm sure Konami would do great on Resident Evil... And i would like it if they would be the one to bring back the Classic Camera Angles

Kayowakimono

霧敷砂子
I'm sure Konami would do great on Resident Evil... And i would like it if they would be the one to bring back the Classic Camera Angles
Classis Camera Angles would be good for that "old school feeling"
And then on the other hand I also like Over shoulder camera angle to learn to aim.
It would be better if they put in both of them like in CVX (First person or third person)

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
...I'm confused as to what you're trying to argue...I agree Konami would do well, but seeing as they make Silent Hill, it's very unlikely they'd take over RE.
You are correct by saying that Bethesda takes a back seat on graphics, but as you also said, they have such big and open world games. If they were to make some smaller worlds, I think they could do some pretty outstanding graphics.
But with the way Bethesda MAKES game, do you think they really WOULD try to make a smaller game. I don't. They'd keep doing what they've BEEN doing because it's worked for them.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Well... Resident Evil is very different from apart what Silent Hill is about
Story wise they're different...Gameplay wise, not very different at ALL. And at the end of the day, they're still Rival series. Companies that have rival series don't make the same games. That would be like saying hey, guys that make Digimon, you're going to make Pokemon from now on.

Kayowakimono

霧敷砂子
I know Resident Evil and Silent Hill are rivals...I mean...very rival you got point there. Tho it would be disaster for the Silent Hill fans if Konami takeover resident evil series, which is PROBABLY not going to happen

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking!
...Doesn't have a lot to offer on the WiiU? Nearly everyone who saw E3 this years believes that Nintendo stole the show. Hell, Smash Bros and the new Zelda ALONE are enough to make the WiiU a total powerhouse. Plus, you're so focused on games that AREN'T generic, Nintendo is the BEST bet that the games WON'T be. I'm not saying that it just HAS to be Nintendo that buys them out, I'm just saying that I think you underestimate Nintendo's power. Not to mention, as I've stated before, with Nintendo's "Stick to the Roots" mentality, we will (Probably) see a new surge in sequels to old side scrollers like Ghouls N' Ghosts, Final Fight, and Street Fighter.

How would Resident Evil benefit if BETHESDA took them over? One of the single most over rated companies in modern gaming lol.
Oh I know that Nintendo has awesome non generic games, but even though I am getting a WiiU, not a lot of their stuff interests me.
Bayonetta 2, Wonderful 101 and Xenoblade Chronicles X are the only system sellers for me at the moment, I was never interested in Mario or Zelda.
I'd be all for a new Metroid though.

As for Bethesda and Tango, they can do Resident Evil the most justice considering the fact that Resident Evil's own creator is there.

Kayowakimono

霧敷砂子
I know Resident Evil and Silent Hill are rivals...I mean...very rival you got point there. Tho it would be disaster for the Silent Hill fans if Konami takeover resident evil series, which is PROBABLY not going to happen
Plus, they 100 percent wouldn't want to jeopardize their the most popular title Silent Hill

Turo602

The King of Kings
Now what the hell are you talking about?

Gears of War & Uncharted, the popular games it copied and pasted.
Also both of those franchises are like the CoD of adventure games, all 3 of their games are exactly the same, save the story.
Hence Call of Duty syndrome.

A reboot to me means being fairly different from the original game while retaining key features to originals and being different to modern games.
Shadow Warrior did both.
Tomb Raider did neither, it's exactly the same as a modern cover shooter and is even suffering an identity crisis now.

Not if you've played the whole Uncharted series and you're sick and tired of generic gameplay, I expected better from a reboot of an iconic brand.
If I wanna play a generic cover shooter in an adventure setting that's what Uncharted is for, if I want Tomb Raider I'm s**t out of luck now.

I didn't say CoD had a good story, I said Call of Duty syndrome, in which a game(TR) copies what's popular(Uncharted & Gears), throws in a story and fanboys/fangirls with low to no standards love it because of the story.
That is going on all the time in modern gaming and diversity is never going to happen with it happening.

TR2013 isn't open world, they're set pieces you can fast travel back to, the bow & arrow, upgrading system and so on don't change the game or make it anymore original, the bow & arrow is just another weapon, Last of Us had it too, but that didn't make LoU any better or original.

I suggest an action adventure game that claims to be about survival actually have survival gameplay, hence the survival features of Snake Eater, you claim copying Snake Eater would be unoriginal, but that's not the case.
I shouldn't have to explain stuff like this to you, but I understand why.
TR2013 having a similar survival system to Snake Eater would make way more sense in a game like TR2013, and it would balance up the gameplay even if it does copy and paste Uncharted.
Let's take Vanquish for example, it copy and pasted Gears of Wars cover shooting mechanics, but mixed it all up with it's very own rocket sliding and slow mo gameplay features, resulting in good and unique gameplay.
Tomb Raider didn't do anything to mix it up, it's still just a generic cover shooter with nothing of it's own.

Actually this just further proves my point that you don't know what generic gameplay is.

Well executed generic gameplay is still generic gameplay and I've played A LOT of games with that kind of gameplay, so one of my all time favorite franchises throwing away all originality in favor of generic gameplay is sh*t.
Put yourself in that same position where you had a favorite franchise who threw away everything you loved about it in order to make itself play like something you've played dozens of times over and gotten sick of while having no improvements or originality.

I stopped taking you seriously a few posts back, now I'm just continuing this for the hell of it XD

Is this a competition? I say I can't take you seriously (which btw, shows from the very minute I first replied to you) and you say you couldn't take me seriously first? Really? Anyway, I'm pretty much done with you. I've had more than enough fun here and that's about as much inconsistent and nonsensical rambling I can stomach for now. Clearly, someone here doesn't know gaming or how to view things objectively. Also, lol that you think Tango Gameworks or Platinum Games would compete with themselves or ditch their own products for Capcom IPs.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Oh I know that Nintendo has awesome non generic games, but even though I am getting a WiiU, not a lot of their stuff interests me.
Bayonetta 2, Wonderful 101 and Xenoblade Chronicles X are the only system sellers for me at the moment, I was never interested in Mario or Zelda.
I'd be all for a new Metroid though.

As for Bethesda and Tango, they can do Resident Evil the most justice considering the fact that Resident Evil's own creator is there.
We still don't know that The Evil Within will be any good. We are HOPING it will be, but just because the original creator is behind it, DOESN'T mean it'll be good. Misashi Kishimoto made Naruto AND Naruto Shippuden. Naruto is a GREAT Series. Naruto Shippuden...Not so much...So being the original creator isn't always what a series needs.

And also, even though you don't care about Zelda, a LOT of people do. A LOT. And that can't be denied. The fact that they are great games can't be denied, so the point is still the same.

xMobilemux

We still don't know that The Evil Within will be any good. We are HOPING it will be, but just because the original creator is behind it, DOESN'T mean it'll be good. Misashi Kishimoto made Naruto AND Naruto Shippuden. Naruto is a GREAT Series. Naruto Shippuden...Not so much...So being the original creator isn't always what a series needs.

And also, even though you don't care about Zelda, a LOT of people do. A LOT. And that can't be denied. The fact that they are great games can't be denied, so the point is still the same.
Whether The Evil Within is good or not isn't the point, Shinji Mikami is the one who made Resident Evil good and RE has been going downhill ever since he left, who else could bring the franchise back to prime.
Being the creator can mean a lot of good things and even never getting stale, Metal Gear is an example of that.
Creator's been with it since it's inception and each game is just great.

With Shinji we had Resident Evil 4, Resident Evil Remake and Resident Evil 2, IMO the 3 best in the series and a lot of people tend to share the opinion.

I never did deny that Zelda is awesome, I know exactly why it's loved, I personally am not interested in it, but even with Zelda and Mario, the WiiU still doesn't have a lot of games to justify investing in the WiiU, not yet anyway, just like the Xbone and PS4 don't, especially since I'm a PC gamer and have a massive selection of games to choose from.
But if the WiiU had more exclusives and even Capcom exclusives, it would make the WiiU the ideal gaming device.
Plus we don't even know how much longer the WiiU is going to last with a lot of rumors about Nintendo's Next Gen "Fusion" console.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Whether The Evil Within is good or not isn't the point, Shinji Mikami is the one who made Resident Evil good and RE has been going downhill ever since he left, who else could bring the franchise back to prime.
Being the creator can mean a lot of good things and even never getting stale, Metal Gear is an example of that.
Creator's been with it since it's inception and each game is just great.

With Shinji we had Resident Evil 4, Resident Evil Remake and Resident Evil 2, IMO the 3 best in the series and a lot of people tend to share the opinion.

I never did deny that Zelda is awesome, I know exactly why it's loved, I personally am not interested in it, but even with Zelda and Mario, the WiiU still doesn't have a lot of games to justify investing in the WiiU, not yet anyway, just like the Xbone and PS4 don't, especially since I'm a PC gamer and have a massive selection of games to choose from.
But if the WiiU had more exclusives and even Capcom exclusives, it would make the WiiU the ideal gaming device.
Plus we don't even know how much longer the WiiU is going to last with a lot of rumors about Nintendo's Next Gen "Fusion" console.
But whether it's good or not IS the point. We don't know if Shinji still has it in him. That's what Evil Within is going to prove. I'll be honest, I'm REALLY looking forward to it, but if it sucks, then I don't want him back in the RE side of things either. Being the original creator can mean a lot of good things, but it can ALSO mean BAD things. Creators can get the idea "Oh, I'm so loved, I'll start taking liberties and as long as I'm the creative head, then it'll be ok." I'm not saying that that's what will happen. But that's what COULD happen. It's not a GUARANTEE that Shinji Mikami alone would save the series. It's a POSSIBILITY, but only one of many.

And you may say the WiiU doesn't have a lot of games to Justify a purchase, but there are massive amounts of gamers that will buy whole consoles for ONE game. Hell, I will buy an whole console JUST for Resident Evil...And there are a LOT more people that will buy it SOLELY for Legend of Zelda. It is one of the most coveted exclusive series of ALL TIME. And when you sprinkle in Smash Bros and Hyrule Warriors, then the WiiU is most DEFINITELY justified. Even more so, because the people who love those three games, are probably also fans of games like Mario Kart 8, the slew of new Mario games, Donkey Kong, and Sonic Boom. All of these games go hand in hand with each other, so for fans of that specific style of game, the WiiU is COMPLETELY worth it.

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.
...I'm confused as to what you're trying to argue...I agree Konami would do well, but seeing as they make Silent Hill, it's very unlikely they'd take over RE.

But with the way Bethesda MAKES game, do you think they really WOULD try to make a smaller game. I don't. They'd keep doing what they've BEEN doing because it's worked for them.
I do they think they would make it a bigger game, but I think that it would be more fun that way.

xMobilemux

But whether it's good or not IS the point. We don't know if Shinji still has it in him. That's what Evil Within is going to prove. I'll be honest, I'm REALLY looking forward to it, but if it sucks, then I don't want him back in the RE side of things either. Being the original creator can mean a lot of good things, but it can ALSO mean BAD things. Creators can get the idea "Oh, I'm so loved, I'll start taking liberties and as long as I'm the creative head, then it'll be ok." I'm not saying that that's what will happen. But that's what COULD happen. It's not a GUARANTEE that Shinji Mikami alone would save the series. It's a POSSIBILITY, but only one of many.

And you may say the WiiU doesn't have a lot of games to Justify a purchase, but there are massive amounts of gamers that will buy whole consoles for ONE game. Hell, I will buy an whole console JUST for Resident Evil...And there are a LOT more people that will buy it SOLELY for Legend of Zelda. It is one of the most coveted exclusive series of ALL TIME. And when you sprinkle in Smash Bros and Hyrule Warriors, then the WiiU is most DEFINITELY justified. Even more so, because the people who love those three games, are probably also fans of games like Mario Kart 8, the slew of new Mario games, Donkey Kong, and Sonic Boom. All of these games go hand in hand with each other, so for fans of that specific style of game, the WiiU is COMPLETELY worth it.

Everything Shinji has done since he left Capcom has been awesome, Vanquish and Shadows of the Damned were both awesome games, however yes, The Evil Within will be his chance to shine as the father of survival horror once again.
If it's awesome then Bethesda can grab Resident Evil and let Mikami make Resident Evil good again, but if Shinji fails with The Evil Within then pretty much Resident Evil is done and done, Capcom sure as hell ain't gonna fix it and I don't trust SEGA even though I'd like to see CA put the innovative AI of Alien Isolation into a survival horror Resident Evil, but Alien Isolation could very well be another lie like both Colonial Marines and Last of Us.

I'll admit I bought a Wii so I could play the RE Chronicles games, but those were all I had and wanted on the system and I never really used it again, it was a lesson I learned and I'm trying to avoid making that mistake again, I even thought of it when I built my gaming PC, but that paid off because PC has the best experience, loads of games, cheap games and even timeless backwards compatibility.
With the WiiU I'll only have those 3 games I mentioned and it may be a repeat of when I had the Wii, I was even considering getting a PS4 for Ground Zeroes, but I didn't and that was a good decision as there is nothing else of interest out on the PS4 yet, I'm still thinking about getting a PS4 for Metal Gear Solid 5 and Uncharted 4, but that's still just 2 games and 1 of them may even be released on PC.
Loads of these Next Gen games are coming to PC, like Alien Isolation, Arkham Knight and even The Evil With.
Plus even Capcom can't keep exclusive, Dead Rising 3 coming to PC is proof of that, I knew that was going to happen.
I probably will get a WiiU for those 3 games I like and I'll probably even fold and get a PS4 for MGS5, but I'm still worried it'll come back and bite me in the ass like the Wii did.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Everything Shinji has done since he left Capcom has been awesome, Vanquish and Shadows of the Damned were both awesome games, however yes, The Evil Within will be his chance to shine as the father of survival horror once again.
If it's awesome then Bethesda can grab Resident Evil and let Mikami make Resident Evil good again, but if Shinji fails with The Evil Within then pretty much Resident Evil is done and done, Capcom sure as hell ain't gonna fix it and I don't trust SEGA even though I'd like to see CA put the innovative AI of Alien Isolation into a survival horror Resident Evil, but Alien Isolation could very well be another lie like both Colonial Marines and Last of Us.

I'll admit I bought a Wii so I could play the RE Chronicles games, but those were all I had and wanted on the system and I never really used it again, it was a lesson I learned and I'm trying to avoid making that mistake again, I even thought of it when I built my gaming PC, but that paid off because PC has the best experience, loads of games, cheap games and even timeless backwards compatibility.
With the WiiU I'll only have those 3 games I mentioned and it may be a repeat of when I had the Wii, I was even considering getting a PS4 for Ground Zeroes, but I didn't and that was a good decision as there is nothing else of interest out on the PS4 yet, I'm still thinking about getting a PS4 for Metal Gear Solid 5 and Uncharted 4, but that's still just 2 games and 1 of them may even be released on PC.
Loads of these Next Gen games are coming to PC, like Alien Isolation, Arkham Knight and even The Evil With.
Plus even Capcom can't keep exclusive, Dead Rising 3 coming to PC is proof of that, I knew that was going to happen.
I probably will get a WiiU for those 3 games I like and I'll probably even fold and get a PS4 for MGS5, but I'm still worried it'll come back and bite me in the ass like the Wii did.
...You don't think Sega could hack it. Are you crazy? Have you EVER played Alone in the Dark? Those games just Resident Evil with different characters. EXACT Same gamplay. VERY Similar setting. VERY Similar music. If you don't think Sega can do it, then you've CLEARLY not played those games. I'd look them up if you can...

Top Bottom