• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Capcom can be bought.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking!
http://gamasutra.com/view/news/2193...s_open_company_up_to_takeover_possibility.php

We all saw this coming.

Capcom has been flat out awful as of late in gaming, ruining Resident Evil, ruining Devil May Cry, killing Megaman, pulling off horrible DLC practices and all kinds of bad stuff.
This happening was inevitable.

Personally, I want Nintendo to buy Capcom and the IPs, unfortunately whoever buys Capcom will also gain their debt, so I don't know if Nintendo could handle that, but still I want Nintendo to take over Capcom, Nintendo knows gaming better than anyone, they can save Megaman and since they have a good relationship with Platinum Games they can fix Devil May Cry, also Nintendo will be invincible with Capcoms IPs under their belt and they will end up making consoles longer than Sony and Microsoft.
I suppose I could live with Sony buying Capcom, but that's unlikely since Sony is having a little trouble at present, but I don't want Microsoft or EA grabbing them, they'll be even worse than they currently are and I definitely don't want those a**hats at Ubisoft buying them, f**k those guys.

Anyway, what do you all think of this and who do you think should buy Capcom?

Last edited:

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking!
*checks my wallet*
I have $7, an expired condom and an old key, I have no idea what it unlocks or why I have it.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Yes!! My chance to take over Capcom has finally come! *counts the millions on her account, already thinking about ideas for RE7 and unlockable outfits for Dante in DmC 2*

Popo

Please, I like Nintendo and their games but I don't want Capcom games to become Nintendo. I love Resident Evil and Street Fighter but I'm sure as hell not gonna buy a Nintendo console again just to play them like I did with the Remake.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Nintendo are the only ones worthy of taking up the mantle that is Capcom...That's IF they sell...At this point, it's still only a possibility...

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.
This would be great if someone actually buys it, however, it would definitely have to be bought by the right company. I highly doubt nintendo would be able to do it right. While they might be able to do megaman, they would fail with RE and DMC. I would love for bethesda to buy it, but I doubt they would buy such a bad company, so I would say Konami.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
This would be great if someone actually buys it, however, it would definitely have to be bought by the right company. I highly doubt nintendo would be able to do it right. While they might be able to do megaman, they would fail with RE and DMC. I would love for bethesda to buy it, but I doubt they would buy such a bad company, so I would say Konami.
...Don't want Nintendo to do it? Nintendo has had more RE Exclusives than any other company...I mean, how exactly would they fail with those franchises? Nintendo can definitely do Hack and Slash games, as we've seen in the past...And even though the big name games are Mario and Zelda, Nintendo has put out it's fair share of Dark games...Look at Madworld and No More Heroes...Plus you also had Manhunt on the Wii...Nintendo would do FAR better than Sony or Microsoft...Bethesda I highly doubt would do much with Capcom, and Konami is headed in the exact same Direction Capcom is. If someone buys out Capcom, they also inherit their debt...Konami can't handle that...

Popo

Naughty Dog have done an excellent job with all of their games. The Uncharted games and The Last of Us were brilliant, The Last of Us has a terrifying pace that Resident Evil games need and I really think they could pull it off, and the Nintendo exclusives were made by Capcom, not Nintendo.

Turo602

The King of Kings
...Don't want Nintendo to do it? Nintendo has had more RE Exclusives than any other company...I mean, how exactly would they fail with those franchises?

That's completely irrelevant. They never had any influence over the actual quality of the games. Being exclusive doesn't mean Nintendo was in charge of making those games. They just simply had a deal with Capcom that... oh right, almost killed the franchise.

Nintendo can definitely do Hack and Slash games, as we've seen in the past...

An example being? All I can think of is Kid Icarus: Uprising, which had terrible controls.

And even though the big name games are Mario and Zelda, Nintendo has put out it's fair share of Dark games...Look at Madworld and No More Heroes...Plus you also had Manhunt on the Wii...Nintendo would do FAR better than Sony or Microsoft...

Again, none of those games were made by Nintendo.

Anyway, in terms of Resident Evil, Nintendo is a terrible choice to buy Capcom. Nintendo's hardware just isn't the right place for the series. Back when REmake and Zero were on the Gamecube, Resident Evil wasn't seeing the same amount of sales as it did in the past. The numbers were going down and a big part of that was because of its exclusivity with Nintendo. Even Resident Evil 4 sold more on the PS2 than it did on the Gamecube. Not only would it alienate a lot of gamers being exclusive to Nintendo, their hardware as of late has been primitive. Resident Evil has always taken advantage of hardware to ensure we get a top notch experience. With Nintendo, they'd fall behind since their focus has always been a new way to play over power. Resident Evil needs power if it's going to compete with other 3rd party franchises. You can't disguise Resident Evil with cartoony graphics the same way Nintendo has with Zelda and Mario. It's a visually realistic series and if it's not going to look top notch, much like games on PS4 or Xbox One, then chances are, it's not going to appeal to that many people. Especially when Nintendo is currently struggling to keep sales up.

Last edited:

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
That's completely irrelevant. They never had any influence over the actual quality of the games. Being exclusive doesn't mean Nintendo was in charge of making those games. They just simply had a deal with Capcom that... oh right, almost killed the franchise.

An example being? All I can think of is Kid Icarus: Uprising, which had terrible controls.

Again, none of those games were made by Nintendo.

Anyway, in terms of Resident Evil, Nintendo is a terrible choice to buy Capcom. Nintendo's hardware just isn't the right place for the series. Back when REmake and Zero were on the Gamecube, Resident Evil wasn't seeing the same amount of sales as it did in the past. The numbers were going down and a big part of that was because of its exclusivity with Nintendo. Even Resident Evil 4 sold more on the PS2 than it did on the Gamecube. Not only would it alienate a lot of gamers being exclusive to Nintendo, their hardware as of late has been primitive. Resident Evil has always taken advantage of hardware to ensure we get a top notch experience. With Nintendo, they'd fall behind since their focus has always been a new way to plat over power. Resident Evil needs power if it's going to compete with other 3rd party franchises. You can't disguise Resident Evil with cartoony graphics the same way Nintendo has with Zelda and Mario. It's a visually realistic series and if it's not going to look top notch, much like games on PS4 or Xbox One, then chances are, it's not going to appeal to that many people. Especially when Nintendo is currently struggling to keep sales up.
Not being made by Nintendo has nothing to do with it. Image is EVERYTHING in the world of media, and to be licensed by Nintendo and have Nintendo's NAME on it, they have to approve of it. So obviously they have no problem approving of games with large amounts of gore, as long as the games don't SUCK. And THAT is my point.

Turo602

The King of Kings
Not being made by Nintendo has nothing to do with it. Image is EVERYTHING in the world of media, and to be licensed by Nintendo and have Nintendo's NAME on it, they have to approve of it. So obviously they have no problem approving of games with large amounts of gore, as long as the games don't SUCK. And THAT is my point.

And Nintendo's image sucks for Resident Evil... Like I said, they nearly killed the franchise with their licensing. What does Nintendo licensing a game have to do with whether or not the series will be done justice on their platforms? Having a problem with gore is not even the point here...

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
And Nintendo's image sucks for Resident Evil... Like I said, they nearly killed the franchise with their licensing. What does Nintendo licensing a game have to do with whether or not the series will be done justice on their platforms? Having a problem with gore is not even the point here...
Actually, it kind of is...See, Based on previous Conversations AgentZero and I have had, he disproves of Nintendo because of how Child Oriented he believes they are. So that WHOLE post was nothing but saying how Nintendo is a ok with games that their name is on, in the form of Licensing OR otherwise, having gore in them.

Turo602

The King of Kings
Actually, it kind of is...See, Based on previous Conversations AgentZero and I have had, he disproves of Nintendo because of how Child Oriented he believes they are. So that WHOLE post was nothing but saying how Nintendo is a ok with games that their name is on, in the form of Licensing OR otherwise, having gore in them.

Why are you speaking for Agent Zero? Not once did he use those words or say Nintendo has a problem with gore. Let the guy step in and respond before you start jumping to conclusions.

So moving on, you have yet to make a point on how Resident Evil will benefit from Nintendo... I've already stated why it's a bad idea, and it has nothing to do with blood and gore. Nintendo approving potential money doesn't say much about how the series will fare under them.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Why are you speaking for Agent Zero? Not once did he use those words or say Nintendo has a problem with gore. Let the guy step in and respond before you start jumping to conclusions.

So moving on, you have yet to make a point on how Resident Evil will benefit from Nintendo... I've already stated why it's a bad idea, and it has nothing to do with blood and gore. Nintendo approving potential money doesn't say much about how the series will fare under them.
I wasn't countering your point. And I wasn't speaking for him. He has flat out said this to me, on MULTIPLE occasions, so that's what I'm basing it off of. Just because he didn't say it HERE doesn't mean it wasn't said. If he wants to say I'm wrong, and explain it more thoroughly, he can, and I'll happily listen. But I responded to him, based on what we've talked about both on AND off this website several times...

Turo602

The King of Kings
I wasn't countering your point. And I wasn't speaking for him. He has flat out said this to me, on MULTIPLE occasions, so that's what I'm basing it off of. Just because he didn't say it HERE doesn't mean it wasn't said. If he wants to say I'm wrong, and explain it more thoroughly, he can, and I'll happily listen. But I responded to him, based on what we've talked about both on AND off this website several times...

So you agree then? Nintendo's image is irrelevant to Resident Evil and approval of games has nothing to do with anything at all? Because you clearly tried to counter my point with your image argument.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
So you agree then? Nintendo's image is irrelevant to Resident Evil and approval of games has nothing to do with anything at all? Because you clearly tried to counter my point with your image argument.
I don't think it's irrelevant...But that's not the point I was initially trying to get at...

Top Bottom