• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Capcom can be bought.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking!
...You don't think Sega could hack it. Are you crazy? Have you EVER played Alone in the Dark? Those games just Resident Evil with different characters. EXACT Same gamplay. VERY Similar setting. VERY Similar music. If you don't think Sega can do it, then you've CLEARLY not played those games. I'd look them up if you can...
I said I don't trust them, I didn't say they couldn't do it.
Something about them just irks me.
Alien Isolation will be what could change my thoughts on them though, if they let CA make an award winning survival horror game in the Alien franchise then I'll warm up to them, but if they interfere and all that marketing on the Alien AI was complete bulls**t, then no way in hell should SEGA get Resident Evil.
Also SEGA needs to make a damn good Predator only game already, they do that, then I'll trust them with massive IP like Resident Evil, they need to prove they can take care of Alien and Predator before they get their hands on Leon, Ada and Wesker.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I said I don't trust them, I didn't say they couldn't do it.
Something about them just irks me.
Alien Isolation will be what could change my thoughts on them though, if they let CA make an award winning survival horror game in the Alien franchise then I'll warm up to them, but if they interfere and all that marketing on the Alien AI was complete bulls**t, then no way in hell should SEGA get Resident Evil.
Also SEGA needs to make a damn good Predator only game already, they do that, then I'll trust them with massive IP like Resident Evil, they need to prove they can take care of Alien and Predator before they get their hands on Leon, Ada and Wesker.
Of course marketing on an Alien game was sh*t. Because nobody is INTERESTED in Alien anymore. I mean, Hipsters who are obsessed with 80's movies are, but those are the same hipsters that don't play modern video games. They simply didn't know their market. You really can't compare marketing for a GAME series like Resident Evil to that of a game based on a MOVIE like Alien...And Predator is no different really. Don't get me wrong. Both are great movies with potential for great games, but they'll always be movies first to the masses, and most people aren't willing to try games based on movies, even if the game has NOTHING to do with the movie save for the name and universe it's set in.

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.
Explain what you mean? Like, how would Resident Evil gameplay, Bethesda style be in your book...
Hmm . . . I think they would implement their RPG style in to it. You start the game out, and you can choose between a certain class. Just for example . . . say you want . . . a medic class. You would choose Rebbecca. For a heavy weapon, you would pick Chris. And for scout, you would pick Ada.
Once you choose your character, you start game being asked if you want to start in third or first person. You would then start in a free roaming Raccoon City, where the two players YOU DID NOT PICK, find you unconscious and take you to a safe room. After this cut scene, you gather supplies in your safe room, and there is a safe box you can put things when your inventory is full. (I would like to see a Fallout style Inventory.) After you leave your safe room, you level up and then can buy skills that fit your class. Let's say for instance, I chose Rebbecca as my character. I could buy skills that would fit a medic (Ex: Herb Capacity, how much the herbs heal you, being able to make medicinal things out of other things in your environment, etc.) There would be three or four multiple endings.
Yeah, I think that would be their basic concept if they bought it.

xMobilemux

Of course marketing on an Alien game was sh*t. Because nobody is INTERESTED in Alien anymore. I mean, Hipsters who are obsessed with 80's movies are, but those are the same hipsters that don't play modern video games. They simply didn't know their market. You really can't compare marketing for a GAME series like Resident Evil to that of a game based on a MOVIE like Alien...And Predator is no different really. Don't get me wrong. Both are great movies with potential for great games, but they'll always be movies first to the masses, and most people aren't willing to try games based on movies, even if the game has NOTHING to do with the movie save for the name and universe it's set in.
Aliens Colonial Marines says otherwise, even after the massive backlash, the game sold over a million copies and was good enough profit for the company.
Also AVP 2010 sold over 1.69 million copies.
But marketing is not what I'm talking about, the only Alien and Predator games we've seen from SEGA are AVP 2010 and Colonial Marines, one was ok and one was awful.
Alien Isolation will be proof if they're willing to make good games in the iconic brand, if not then it's proof they can't do a massive IP justice and shouldn't get hold of another one like Resident Evil.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Aliens Colonial Marines says otherwise, even after the massive backlash, the game sold over a million copies and was good enough profit for the company.
But marketing is not what I'm talking about, the only Alien and Predator games we've seen from SEGA are AVP 2010 and Colonial Marines, one was ok and one was awful.
Alien Isolation will be proof if they're willing to make good games in the iconic brand, if not then it's proof they can't do a massive IP justice and shouldn't get hold of another one like Resident Evil.

...On what world is any Alien game considered a massive IP?
Hmm . . . I think they would implement their RPG style in to it. You start the game out, and you can choose between a certain class. Just for example . . . say you want . . . a medic class. You would choose Rebbecca. For a heavy weapon, you would pick Chris. And for scout, you would pick Ada.
Once you choose your character, you start game being asked if you want to start in third or first person. You would then start in a free roaming Raccoon City, where the two players YOU DID NOT PICK, find you unconscious and take you to a safe room. After this cut scene, you gather supplies in your safe room, and there is a safe box you can put things when your inventory is full. (I would like to see a Fallout style Inventory.) After you leave your safe room, you level up and then can buy skills that fit your class. Let's say for instance, I chose Rebbecca as my character. I could buy skills that would fit a medic (Ex: Herb Capacity, how much the herbs heal you, being able to make medicinal things out of other things in your environment, etc.) There would be three or four multiple endings.
Yeah, I think that would be their basic concept if they bought it.

This sounds great for a NEW Story based zombie game. This sounds terrible for the already well established Resident Evil. And that's my point. Bethesda can probably do a horror game. In fact I have no doubts. But not with something SO established as Resident Evil...

AgentZero

This sounds great for a NEW Story based zombie game. This sounds terrible for the already well established Resident Evil. And that's my point. Bethesda can probably do a horror game. In fact I have no doubts. But not with something SO established as Resident Evil...
But as of now, RE isn't selling that well. I mean, if they're this much in debt, they're obviously doing something wrong.

xMobilemux

I'm not talking about them being a game only IP, the Alien and Predator brands as a whole are iconic and massive, so big that they're expanded to games, novels, movies, etc, if SEGA can't even do Alien and Predator justice, then how can they do Resident Evil? A massive IP that has also expanded beyond it's video game roots.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
But as of now, RE isn't selling that well. I mean, if they're this much in debt, they're obviously doing something wrong.
Yeah..>Shying AWAY from the originals, which is what people want. MORE senseless innovation will only **** them off more and make them lose MORE faith in the series...
I'm not talking about them being a game only IP, the Alien and Predator brands as a whole are iconic and massive, so big that they're expanded to games, novels, movies, etc, if SEGA can't even do Alien and Predator justice, then how can they do Resident Evil? A massive IP that has also expanded beyond it's video game roots.
Ok, if you're not talking game only, then valid point and my apologies.

AgentZero

Yeah..>Shying AWAY from the originals, which is what people want. MORE senseless innovation will only **** them off more and make them lose MORE faith in the series...

Ok, if you're not talking game only, then valid point and my apologies.
Yeah I agree on that. Honestly though, I don't know which company would be willing to do that though just because it hasn't really been touched 10+ years.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Yeah I agree on that. Honestly though, I don't know which company would be willing to do that though just because it hasn't really been touched 10+ years.
And that's why I repeat over and over, Nintendo. They seem like they would be the ONLY company willing to do that. Sega as well, but odds are if it is done by Sega then it will be on a Nintendo console, so either way I'm happy. Konami COULD do it right, but as mentioned above, they make Silent Hill. A rival series. So that won't happen.

AgentZero

And that's why I repeat over and over, Nintendo. They seem like they would be the ONLY company willing to do that. Sega as well, but odds are if it is done by Sega then it will be on a Nintendo console, so either way I'm happy. Konami COULD do it right, but as mentioned above, they make Silent Hill. A rival series. So that won't happen.
Why would Nintendo do it over anybody else?

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Why would Nintendo do it over anybody else?
Because above all other companies, Nintendo sticks to the classics. You can hate them all you want, but they have ALWAYS been that way. It's not that they are more family oriented, it's that they're more classic. It just so happens that games that are classic happen to usually BE more family oriented. Also, Nintendo doesn't have a DAMN problem taking risks, as we've seen with the Wii, WiiU, 3DS, and other things they've done. Nintendo isn't a copycat company by any stretch of the imagination...

Top Bottom