• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 Can RE6 bring the franchise back from the dead?

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
see now THIS is how you end it.

No smartass remarks or clever comebacks.

I'd be more than happy to just drop this mess between you and I.;)

wait what?

Seriously, I did not get what you where trying to say here.

Are you trying to say I act like I own this place?

What gave you that Idea?

I'm merely a member who is very opinionated that likes to express my opinion around the boards.

I don't act like I own anything and I would really appreciate it if you did not add more fuel to the fire.

You may have ended your post on a friendly note but your first half did not help anything.
I won't the lie the 1st half not really
2nd it could but i'm known for getting to the point at first notice
I don't really mind if you have an aurguement for a reasonal purpose but after the first 3 post you both had pulled off it was getting a little to close for my comfort When i first joined everyone was all nice and tidy now...it seems a bit dragged down i should say so in a few words i'm asking
Don't go dragging this community/forum (you call it whatever) any lower

ToCool74

Veteran Member
I won't the lie the 1st half not really
2nd it could but i'm known for getting to the point at first notice
I don't really mind if you have an aurguement for a reasonal purpose but after the first 3 post you both had pulled off it was getting a little to close for my comfort When i first joined everyone was all nice and tidy now...it seems a bit dragged down i should say so in a few words i'm asking
Don't go dragging this community/forum (you call it whatever) any lower

*sigh*

we actually just ended it.

But your bringing it back up.

Fact is these types of things happen on forums.

Your in no place to try to tell us "not to bring the forum down" or whatever your trying to say.

Like I said earlier to Story, Its not about YOU or what YOU want the forum to be like.

If you honestly would have waited a bit instead of jumping in and calling me out about how I think I "own this place" this whole mess was going to be over.

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
*sigh*

we actually just ended it.

But your bringing it back up.

Fact is these types of things happen on forums.

Your in no place to try to tell us "not to bring the forum down" or whatever your trying to say.

Like I said earlier to Story, Its not about YOU or what YOU want the forum to be like.

If you honestly would have waited a bit instead of jumping in and calling me out about how I think I "own this place" this whole mess was going to be over.
Actually i was reading this whole thing from probably the first post it got pretty annoying after the 4th post i tried to ignore it but that didn't end to well,
2nd Of all it was what i think my post was more of a request i should say, I'm done with all the drama people keep stiring up i just want some peace and relax, that's pretty much why i called you out, Not saying you did it or anything but it gets pretty annoying after a while

ToCool74

Veteran Member
Actually i was reading this whole thing from probably the first post it got pretty annoying after the 4th post i tried to ignore it but that didn't end to well,
2nd Of all it was what i think my post was more of a request i should say, I'm done with all the drama people keep stiring up i just want some peace and relax, that's pretty much why i called you out, Not saying you did it or anything but it gets pretty annoying after a while

well "calling people out" during something like that is only going to do more harm than good.

It would have been best for you to continue to ignore it for a little while longer or ask us to stop without trying to call anybody out.

As I said earlier, if you would have kept ignoring it for a bit longer it was about to be over since right after you posted we both dropped it.

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
well "calling people out" during something like that is only going to do more harm than good.

It would have been best for you to continue to ignore it for a little while longer or ask us to stop without trying to call anybody out.

As I said earlier, if you would have kept ignoring it for a bit longer it was about to be over since right after you posted we both dropped it.
Yeah i actually saw that
Runs in the family for terrible timing
Also i know calling someone out will do more harm then good but it's taken from a different perspective it might just help.
I'm not sure which perspective you took but it wasn't as i may of led you to believe

ToCool74

Veteran Member
Also i know calling someone out will do more harm then good but it's taken from a different perspective it might just help.
I'm not sure which perspective you took but it wasn't as i may of led you to believe

The "perspective" I took it from was that you where being a bit hostile with the remark "you think you own the forum" part.

That part could have been left out if you truly wanted to convey your point in a peaceful manner IMO.

Lets just drop this shall we?

The mess between the 2 of us is over and there is no point in you and I continuing with the derailment of this topic.

tharsheblows

Addicted to RE Mercenaries
*infinite eyeroll/facepalm* Dude... We were going back on topic, but you keep trying to argue now. Were done, let's have a truce and end it. I also tried going back on topic at least 3 times and you kept 'side tracking' it with your last word. Anyway, if you can't take my 'hostility' anymore you can just press ignore lol. I'm loving all these air-quotes, makes me think of Dr. Evil.

"Laser-Beams"

tumblr_lzyvnpaCRf1rn95k2o1_500.gif

I like how YOU started this "debate" and YOU tried to end it on your OWN terms. Maybe if you hadn't responded the way you did ToCool would've not replied the way he did. You derailed the thread yourself. I'm new here and know nothing about the guy but he has every right to defend himself. I'm probably not helping the situation with this response but it is what it is. I have nothing against you.

ToCool74

Veteran Member
I like how YOU started this "debate" and YOU tried to end it on your OWN terms. Maybe if you hadn't responded the way you did ToCool would've not replied the way he did. You derailed the thread yourself. I'm new here and know nothing about the guy but he has every right to defend himself. I'm probably not helping the situation with this response but it is what it is. I have nothing against you.

I appreciate the help and I agree as well, but lets just drop this and leave it alone.

This topic has honestly been derailed long enough.

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
The "perspective" I took it from was that you where being a bit hostile with the remark "you think you own the forum" part.

That part could have been left out if you truly wanted to convey your point in a peaceful manner IMO.

Lets just drop this shall we?

The mess between the 2 of us is over and there is no point in you and I continuing with the derailment of this topic.

Fine by me

Jay

K.I.N.G.
I used the phrase "raise from the dead" because by "dead" I feel that RE has been in a strange state of limbo post-RE4, I feel like it's lost its focus and raison d'etre... just seemingly becoming more and more action-like to provide for a wider audience, leaving its long-term loyal fan-base behind... I don't mean "dead" as in definitively dead, but as in more "dead inside" and not really truly thriving as it did in the old days.

This is just my perspective and how I see it :) I just miss the old days when RE scared the crap out of people and everyone loved it, now it seems to have a very mixed fan-base and it's made for slightly muddled games as devs try to please everyone.

I am hoping RE6 can bring back not only these old aspects, but revive the horror genre in general (and in particular, survival horror which seems to have fallen by the wayside as action-based mechanics have been more popular - Dead Space is another series that has fallen to this).

Hope this makes sense. This is just my personal perspective.

Going back to the discussion, you have a point. Though people need to understand that its a different time now, and what scared people back then isn't going to work the same today. You can also blame other game companies for changing the industry. Call of Duty for example is heavy on action and sells millions of copies. Other developers see that and want to follow that formula because that's what is currently selling in todays market. I think Capcom will mix survival horror and action to the point where it blends well.

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
Going back to the discussion, you have a point. Though people need to understand that its a different time now, and what scared people back then isn't going to work the same today. You can also blame other game companies for changing the industry. Call of Duty for example is heavy on action and sells millions of copies. Other developers see that and want to follow that formula because that's what is currently selling in todays market. I think Capcom will mix survival horror and action to the point where it blends well.
Actually i'm not very fond of how RE6 looks as of now but even i can admit the Survival-Horror-Action fit very well (Well in Leon's Story at least, Not sure about Chris's or Jake's)
But i also must state that if every videogame company follows in the footsteps of a completely different one it's going to hurt more then benefit

Jay

K.I.N.G.
Actually i'm not very fond of how RE6 looks as of now but even i can admit the Survival-Horror-Action fit very well (Well in Leon's Story at least, Not sure about Chris's or Jake's)
But i also must state that if every videogame company follows in the footsteps of a completely different one it's going to hurt more then benefit

Exactly, and that's what many are doing. Companies need to stick to what made them originally and great.
Not that you shouldn't bring new ideas time to time, but don't make it something that its completely isn't.

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
Exactly, and that's what many are doing. Companies need to stick to what made them originally and great.
Not that you shouldn't bring new ideas time to time, but don't make it something that its completely isn't.
But in a way you could see it coming, If one company skyrockets in sales the others are sure to follow

ToCool74

Veteran Member

I've always said that if Capcom truly wants the Call of Duty sells and appeal to that audience than they should make their own FPS game instead of changing a series that already has a rich history into something its not to appeal to that crowd.

Jay

K.I.N.G.
But in a way you could see it coming, If one company skyrockets in sales the others are sure to follow

Can't really blame Capcom much, though. The fans holler and yell wanting it to go back to what it was, but don't realize from a business stand point that isn't going to work. Capcom knows the changes they need to make to keep them in the industry. While still keeping their identity.

I've always said that if Capcom truly wants the Call of Duty sells and appeal to that audience than they should make their own FPS game instead of changing a series that already has a rich history into something its not to appeal to that crowd.

That's what they did with RE ORC. I consider that to be their first branching out into that field. Also people need to remember that most RE started off at a very slow pace. Capcom wants to bring something new and exciting that will keep you hooked beginning to end.

ToCool74

Veteran Member
Can't really blame Capcom much, though. The fans holler and yell wanting it to go back to what it was, but don't realize from a business stand point that isn't going to work. Capcom knows the changes they need to make to keep them in the industry. While still keeping their identity.

That's what they did with RE ORC. I consider that to be their first branching out into that field. Also people need to remember that most RE started off at a very slow pace. Capcom wants to bring something new and exciting that will keep you hooked beginning to end.

Well judging by the reviews and sells they failed with RE ORC if you ask me.

So hopefully they stay away from that branch of game from now on.

And I'm fine with them adding something new to the Resident Evil franchise to bring in more fans and keep things fresh.

Its just them making survival horror take a back seat that rubs me the wrong way.

Jay

K.I.N.G.
Well judging by the reviews and sells they failed with RE ORC if you ask me.

So hopefully they stay away from that branch of game from now on.

And I'm fine with them adding something new to the Resident Evil franchise to bring in more fans and keep things fresh.

Its just them making survival horror take a back seat that rubs me the wrong way.

I'm not one to judge something before I try it. From the news and gameplay I saw so far it doesn't look like its going to disappoint.

ToCool74

Veteran Member
I'm not one to judge something before I try it. From the news and gameplay I saw so far it doesn't look like its going to disappoint.

I've played it and it did disappoint me sadly.

But that is not true for everyone I admit.

But after looking up the sells and reviews I say it was a failure if you ask me.

wolfgirl

Almost a Jibble Sammich

I agree that horror as a genre will evolve with the times, but for me the key word of 'mobility' and 'action' doesn't really help it. It seems more focused on those aspects than scaring people. This interview in particular concerned me about how influenced they were by action titles. We have a thousand action games with zombies already in the market. We want something different, something unique! Something to bring back the glory days of Resident Evil. Back in the day, I knew a lot more people who played them than now in the 2010s.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugGfX5DE3zY
For me, the mix of survival horror and action was done well in RE3 and RE4. I hope their claims of RE6's Leon campaign revisiting the more traditional horror will stay true.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
@Bruno/Story- I have mixed opinions about a romance between Jake and Sherry...I think it would be good, because a little romance really does help story and characters develop...But until we know more about Jake and Sherry I don't want to say I'm wishing for it...We already know Sherry is going to influence and change Jake throughout the game...But how far will the influence go?

Top Bottom