• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 Can RE6 bring the franchise back from the dead?

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Leon sees Sherry...once I believe before the end of the game where Claire asks him to go back to the office and get her, and I can't say for sure - it's been a while - but you don't meet Mr. X in that area and he hardly ever sees Claire after the beginning of the game; your theory is not adding up for me. And the fact that Leon's B scenario is canon makes it look like killing Leon comes before finding Sherry and the G-virus, which I'll never believe is logical. If the G-virus was the top priority, wouldn't Claire's B be canon instead?
Oh, I do somewhat agree here...I think LeonA/ClaireB did actually make more canonical sense...But, at the same time, just because Leon only SAW here once didn't mean they weren't in the same general area...Plus, Mr. X was more or less controlled before falling into the furnace...Afterwards though, all control was lost as his power limiter was destroyed...So that really blows his objective out of the water, and just makes him another rampaging BOW...Similar to the Nemesis mission in ORC...

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
RE6 seems to flashy for me i'm not into action games very much
I mean i'll still buy it sure why not, but it feels a bit dead to me i believe ORC was a bigger success than 6 it just.....
Not in the least looks like Resident Evil

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
Oh, I do somewhat agree here...I think LeonA/ClaireB did actually make more canonical sense...But, at the same time, just because Leon only SAW here once didn't mean they weren't in the same general area...Plus, Mr. X was more or less controlled before falling into the furnace...Afterwards though, all control was lost as his power limiter was destroyed...So that really blows his objective out of the water, and just makes him another rampaging BOW...Similar to the Nemesis mission in ORC...
The furnace was at the end of the game so, once again, your logic makes no sense to me. :confused:

@Story: I honestly wish he'd succeeded; I cried when he didn't.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
The furnace was at the end of the game so, once again, your logic makes no sense to me. :confused:

@Story: I honestly wish he'd succeeded; I cried when he didn't.
It was near the end...But after ClaireA/LeonB you fight him again in his Super Tyrant form...That's what I was getting at...By that point the mission was over, and he was just rampaging...Besides, I can only recall running into Mr. X a few times with EITHER character...And isn't fighting him optional, like with Nemesis in RE3 at certain point?

bruno

Chief Researcher
What I want someone to explain to me is why Mr. X is after Leon and Ada - because that is how the gods of canon say the story went. Neither one of them have a G-virus sample as Ada is simply looking for one but is not in possession of one. Birkin's scenario, as strange as it would be for him to not try and plant an embryo in the most logical candidate, could be interchangeable, but Mr. X is programmed with one purpose and that is to acquire a G-virus sample.

Actually, Ada is supposed to have Sherry's pendant or something (I think she had it with her when Mr. X attacked her.
However, I prefer to think the real reason Umbrella sent Mr. X there because they heard of Ada's involvement rather than looking for the G-virus. He attacks anyone he sees and in the game he never shows much interest in the virus...

ToCool74

Veteran Member
funny how Leon is "irrelevant".

If he was so "irrelevant" than why was his role so important in RE Code Veronica?

Even though he did not appear in Code Veronica physically if it was not for him getting into contact with Chris by using his Government ties Claire most likely would have died and Alfred and Alexia would have succeeded in their plan.

Chris was the deciding factor there and if it wasn't for Leon., Chris would not have known to come.

I'd say that alone made him pretty relevant in the fight against Umbrella.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
funny how Leon is "irrelevant".

If he was so "irrelevant" than why was his role so important in RE Code Veronica?

Even though he did not appear in Code Veronica physically if it was not for him getting into contact with Chris by using his Government ties Claire most likely would have died and Alfred and Alexia would have succeeded in their plan.

Chris was the deciding factor there and if it wasn't for Leon., Chris would not have known to come.

I'd say that alone made him pretty relevant in the fight against Umbrella.
As much as I love Claire, when have we seen her since then? Her role in Degeneration was so small it was insulting and she hasn't really done anything in the bio-terrorism fight since then, has she? As for Alfred and Alexia, I think Wesker's very presence would have thwarted their plans, especially since he didn't want them to succeed, he just wanted the T-Veronica virus; Alexia wouldn't want him to have it and so a fight between two relatively stable tyrants ensues.

Who would have won, I wonder? Or would they have simply cancelled each other out?

ToCool74

Veteran Member
As much as I love Claire, when have we seen her since then? Her role in Degeneration was so small it was insulting and she hasn't really done anything in the bio-terrorism fight since then, has she? As for Alfred and Alexia, I think Wesker's very presence would have thwarted their plans, especially since he didn't want them to succeed, he just wanted the T-Veronica virus; Alexia wouldn't want him to have it and so a fight between two relatively stable tyrants ensues.

Who would have won, I wonder? Or would they have simply cancelled each other out?

And what of Chris?

Would he have lost the will to fight after his Sister was murdered?

Would he be the same miserable and angry guy he is in RE6?

Or would he have simply given up on justice?

The possiblilities are endless here.

But that doesn't change the fact that out of all the heroes Leon was the first to get his foot in to the government and used those ties in order to help chris and others out in the fight against Umbrella.

There is no telling how many times those very same connections have helped out Chris and others.

After all, we heard of a "Kennedy Report" in RE5 which means that Leon has been in close contact and keep Chris and the BSAA informed about new bio threats in the world.

And where did you get the idea that Wesker did not want her to succeed in her plan?

The only thing I saw from him was the need to get the T Veronica virus by any means necessary.

For all we know if it wasn't for Chris coming Wesker most likely would have went to find other means of retrieving the virus instead of fighting Alexia.

After all, It did not seem as if he was having a easy time getting her to come with him in the first place.

He could have stumbled across her father's corpse and taken it and left her to fulfill her plan for all we know.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium

I just fail to understand how her role was insulting? It was stated she now works for Terra Save...She does behind the scenes work in the fight against Bio-Terrorism...Besides, she gave Leon info about the dealings going on inside WilPharma by tagging along with Fredrick...Her role may have been small in the movie, but was very pivotal, and anything but insulting...

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
I just fail to understand how her role was insulting? It was stated she now works for Terra Save...She does behind the scenes work in the fight against Bio-Terrorism...Besides, she gave Leon info about the dealings going on inside WilPharma by tagging along with Fredrick...Her role may have been small in the movie, but was very pivotal, and anything but insulting...
You mean you don't find the fact that, as one of the recognized main four, she was in the movie for all of...five minutes insulting? I do. Especially when the movie was advertised as another Leon/Claire pair-up but basically ended up focusing on how great Leon was. It reminds me of Tekken: Blood Vengeance and how it was advertised as this great three-way battle between grandfather, son and grandson but, in reality, it focused on Xiaoyu and Alisa and was nothing more than a message of friendship and love. :rolleyes:

We could go on forever about who could have done this or that and how this might have happened if... but it wouldn't do any good. The fact is that, as a Leon fan, you wouldn't be able to accept the thought of the series without him but how, as a Leon opposer, I can quite clearly see how he adds nothing; and the fact that the one instance in which he is relevant that you yourself seem to be able to come up with happens in a game in which he is never seen and only mentioned - for a second, mind you, and then promptly forgotten about - only further proves my theory.

ToCool74

Veteran Member
The fact is that, as a Leon fan, you wouldn't be able to accept the thought of the series without him but how, as a Leon opposer, I can quite clearly see how he adds nothing; and the fact that the one instance in which he is relevant that you yourself seem to be able to come up...

woah woah woah,

I myself have came up with?

I think Capcom made the story not me lol.

I only pointed out what had happened so it was not me "coming up" with anything but me pointing out that relevance of his help during that instance that you seem to completely ignore because I am a Leon fan.

And because I am a Leon fan its apparent that whatever I say to you regarding him being relevant will go completely over you head since all you see is probably just a "Leon fanboy" spewing mess about your hated enemy Leon.

So lets just agree to disagree and drop this.

Its obvious It will go no where lol.

tharsheblows

Addicted to RE Mercenaries
RE6 seems to flashy for me i'm not into action games very much
I mean i'll still buy it sure why not, but it feels a bit dead to me i believe ORC was a bigger success than 6 it just.....
Not in the least looks like Resident Evil

LOL WHAT? Something is wrong here lol.

tharsheblows

I honestly like ORC better at least they had to nerve to bring back lost characters
Carlos,HUNK,Nicolai,Claire

Well everyone is entitled to there own opinion but the fact that you said that ORC WAS a bigger success than RES6 when the game hasn't even hit shelves yet is kind of crazy. ORC only brought back "lost" characters because it was based on the events of RE2-RE3 where they were present at. I dont know what you meant by flashy but I'm guessing more action- oriented and apparently you have interest in the product if your going to buy it. These games has ALWAYS HAD ACTION in them but RE4 may have increased the action but that was eight years ago and it is still the same and I doubt it'll change unless the sales have decreased significantly. With RE5 being there highest selling game, I doubt it's going anytime soon . Again, I could be wrong on the flashy part and If I am I sincerely apologize.

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
Well everyone is entitled to there own opinion but the fact that you said that ORC WAS a bigger success than RES6 when the game hasn't even hit shelves yet is kind of crazy. ORC only brought back "lost" characters because it was based on the events of RE2-RE3 where they were present at. I dont know what you meant by flashy but I'm guessing more action- oriented and apparently you have interest in the product if your going to buy it. These games has ALWAYS HAD ACTION in them but RE4 may have increased the action but that was eight years ago and it is still the same and I doubt it'll change unless the sales have decreased significantly. With RE5 being there highest selling game, I doubt it's going anytime soon . Again, I could be wrong on the flashy part and If I am I sincerely apologize.
Oh, you're right on the whole thing i'm gonna buy the thing this is why
1.) Leon's story looks creepy
2.) Mercenaries
3.) I love Resident Evil and
4.) All the games that are being made just are wayyy to bloody

tharsheblows

Oh, you're right on the whole thing i'm gonna buy the thing this is why
1.) Leon's story looks creepy
2.) Mercenaries
3.) I love Resident Evil and
4.) All the games that are being made just are wayyy to bloody

LOL I'm just glad you didn't take it the wrong way man, dont want to start the billionth RE argument. Those are all great reasons, especially the 2nd 1.

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
LOL I'm just glad you didn't take it the wrong way man, dont want to start the billionth RE argument. Those are all great reasons, especially the 2nd 1.
Lol thought so but also i don't know if i'm the only one who found this....
But i found some hidden concept art on mercenaries in ORC a stage that resembles RE5 chapter 2-2 very well
....strange

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
woah woah woah,

I myself have came up with?

I think Capcom made the story not me lol.

I only pointed out what had happened so it was not me "coming up" with anything but me pointing out that relevance of his help during that instance that you seem to completely ignore because I am a Leon fan.

And because I am a Leon fan its apparent that whatever I say to you regarding him being relevant will go completely over you head since all you see is probably just a "Leon fanboy" spewing mess about your hated enemy Leon.

So lets just agree to disagree and drop this.

Its obvious It will go no where lol.

Okay so a girl almost half your age makes a post about her dislike for Leon with good points and it becomes a not 1, not 2, but THREE against one debate? That's no fair. All she was stating was her dislike for a certain character, there's no need to question why she doesn't like him.

I see plenty of Chris hate on here that isn't questioned, I've seen Rebecca hate that I don't question, but the second someone says one god damn thing about Leon it turns into WWIII. I'm quoting you because you're the last person to say something about it, but I'm talking about EVERYONE who decides to start a fight or 'debate' when someone has something negative to say about a f*cking video game character. He's not real folks, get over it.

I'm not trying to start a fight either, I just wish everyone would treat everyone here fairly, and I haven't been seeing much of that lately. I've been seeing a lot of people ganging up on one another and that's not the REN I originally joined that was so peaceful and happy.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions and debates, but once it becomes more than one person debating another that's when it becomes unfair. I'm not back seat modding either, a mod wouldn't say 'god damn' and 'f*ck' whilst moderating. I very well know because I've been a mod for many different forums before. I'm actually stating my frustration with members who should very well know better.

Anyway, back on topic... I hope to see zombies in more than just one scenario, and more scares than I did in RE5... but with every day that passes I become more and more excited for this title. I can't wait to see what they do with Chris, and if they bring any old faces back from the past. I also wanna see what's going on with this whole Ada/Carla deal, I'd love it if Ada became a villain.

Reactions: Hel
Top Bottom