• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 4 Best Version of RE4?

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Well...RE4 was originally on the gamecube, but then ported to 3 other systems...Which one was the best.

Gamecube- The ORIGINAL RE4 and had the best graphics out at the time, but minimal extras. At the time was a Nintendo Gamecube EXCLUSIVE!

PS2- It was later ported to the PS2 and added more extras, including costumes, and the Separate Ways, though it sacrificed quite a bit on graphics.

Wii Edition- Wii Edition took the best of both worlds, and an all new one. It had all the graphics upgrades of the Gamecube edition, with the extras that were on the PS2 version, with the new Wii Controller aiming system.

PS3 HD Edition- Had everything the Wii Edition had, however, was now in HD, and moved back to the red laser style aiming.

alistair

I would have to go with the original gamecube as all the other versions just take something out of it that i really liked also the pc version sucks balls

ElleChii

Ladyluck means nothing.
For people like me (Who are bad at aiming with the joystick) I think on Wii was the best, I played 5 and had trouble with the aiming thing :/ I'm not good at shooter games xD

Jwells

PS3 for me... why ?

Because the PS3 is my main console... and i still love to play RE4 ( I lost count how many times I've played this game)

I've only played the PS2 and GameCube versions before.

Too bad i never played the Wii version, i've only heard good things about it !

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
PS3 for me... why ?

Because the PS3 is my main console... and i still love to play RE4 ( I lost count how many times I've played this game)

I've only played the PS2 and GameCube versions before.

Too bad i never played the Wii version, i've only heard good things about it !
You should try the Wii version my friend...By far the best lol...

Mr.Burton

REN's #1 Barry fan
Gamecube version was the best. Plus the Gamecube controller with the RE games (remake, zero and 4) was just so comfortable, one of the greatest controllers of all time. 2nd to the Playstation controller in my opinion.

zombinater007

Gamecube version was the best. Plus the Gamecube controller with the RE games (remake, zero and 4) was just so comfortable, one of the greatest controllers of all time. 2nd to the Playstation controller in my opinion.
I agree with you that the gamecube version is the best although you forgot to mention the PC version. Although the PC version is crap even with all the updates

Leon_Redfield

King of Bel
Premium
Out of the versions I've played (GC, PS2, and PS3) I would say PS2. I like the Ada story, which wasn't in the GC and the PS3 one has bad controls to me.

Maestro

Sniper Wolf
Premium
GC version was first, and remember that time, when I waited on this game, so excited, looked to internet for news, and finally, got it- after that, many weeks of fun and joy- an unforgettable experience :)

Next- PS2 version- worse graphic, but new weapons, and Separated Ways- "must have" for every fan...

PC version- ummm, ok, keep goin' :D

Wii- I played only for 5 minutes, so I can't say something more about :(

And, at last, PS3, HD- the best version for me, only one defect- digital distribution :(

Deputy

I only own a PC, so that's what I play on. I like the graphics and with a Logitech Rumblepad 2 controller, control is quite good.

JMG29

To Let The World Be
The Wii version holds a special place in my heart. I previously played a bit of the PS2 version but it was difficult to enjoy. I was new to Resident Evil controls.

The Wii version though? It made me a Resident Evil fan. :D

MissDomino

Premium
Definately Wii. When I got the ps3 version later, the controls made it a bit difficult to aim. Especially the target practice mini game.

potato

You guys missed out the PC version.

With Abert texture pack 2.0, Cerebus Enhanced Environment 1.5, Bloom/ENB, Cutscenes from HD ver., Mouse & Keyboard fix and a few HD skin makes the PC version of RE4 the Ultimate RE4 best of all worlds. But all these can cost you 6-8GBs of HDD space.

L

Lurker
You guys missed out the PC version.

With Abert texture pack 2.0, Cerebus Enhanced Environment 1.5, Bloom/ENB, Cutscenes from HD ver., Mouse & Keyboard fix and a few HD skin makes the PC version of RE4 the Ultimate RE4 best of all worlds. But all these can cost you 6-8GBs of HDD space.
6-8 extra gigabytes or just 6-8 with the entire game and them? Cause oh my god, if it's the first, that's impressive.

potato

I assume the game alone is around 4GB. Albert texture pack is over 1.5GB, Resolution pack is 1.6GB, the HD cutscenes from HD release is another 2-3GB. So all in all it should be around 11GB. So yea it's around that figure.

Try it!

6-8 extra gigabytes or just 6-8 with the entire game and them? Cause oh my god, if it's the first, that's impressive.

Top Bottom